AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-04, 09:40   Link #61
Spammowarrior

Talking about the chapter, just 2 thoughts:
1) seems more and more likely that rebecca will get the fruit, whether she joins or not (still not have a solid opinion about that)
2) it smells like a flashback is coming.
Old 2013-09-04, 09:44   Link #62
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammowarrior View Post
So, listen to my theory:

Sabo was saved on that day, but not by Dragon! He was saved by vegapunk. Vegapunk gave him an artificial clone clone fruit.
Flash forward several years, Ace sets out to the sea. Pretty soon Sabo finds him, kills him, clones his face and absorbs his devil fruit in pretty much the same way Blackbeard absorbed Whitebeard's.
Goes on for years pretending to be Ace. Gets captured by Blackbeard, then gets dead.
Now Blackbeard steals Sabo's ability to absorb devil fruits (still not clear on the how, could be a gadget from vegapunk) (could have happened before he handed him to the marines), then absorbs the quake quake fruit. If you remember, Blackbeard wanted Ace as a nakama! He just wanted that ability. Ace refused to join, Blackbeard defeated him and got it anyways.
So now both Ace and sabo are dead.

It's possible, right? To my knowledge, none of the theory gets explicitly contradicted by any hard evidence.
But that still doesn't make it bloody likely, now, doesn't?
How can Ace be killed by Sabo right after he sets off and gets killed again by Blackbeard in the current One Piece timeline?
Old 2013-09-04, 09:47   Link #63
Spammowarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
How can Ace be killed by Sabo right after he sets off and gets killed again by Blackbeard in the current One Piece timeline?
well obviously it was sabo that was killed by blackbeard! (actually, akainu)
he had the clone clone fruit, he was pretending to be Ace.

I'd hope nobody would take that seriously, though. The theory's bonkers. It was just to explain that just because something can't be disproved, it doesn't mean it can be right.
Old 2013-09-04, 09:57   Link #64
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

this chapter made me remember about Impel Down chapter

remember when Luffy made lots of friends and tried to take down the one in charge

I can imagine how Luffy will bring Chinjao's team, Barto, and Rebecca alongside with him to charge on Doflamingo while other crews will follow behind (well, each crews seems got their own companion and teams)
Old 2013-09-04, 10:07   Link #65
Saajm

Red face

[cut]

Seriously guys, doesn't anyone find this stranges? About the conversation between burges and BB

They talk as if Aokiji wants to join the Blackbeard-crew!

Remember!Shiliew also used to work for the government but then he ended, just like Aokiji. I know that Aokiji wouldn't be loyal to Blackbeard but what the hell could this be about?

Last edited by james0246; 2013-09-04 at 11:33. Reason: please do not provide links to licensed materials...
Old 2013-09-04, 10:32   Link #66
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

The whole thing with Barty the Fanboy will probably end badly. Remember that Barty is kind of a bad guy, even in this chapter we saw how he handles situations and even the the short flashback with the enemy's pinky and so on. His style does not match the Strawhats at all and if Luffy witnessed him being a dick to innocent people I doubt he'll just stand by and let him.
In my eyes Barty's fanboyism will go one of two ways:
- He stays a fanboy, Luffy doesn't care/realize he's evil and is adopted under the Strawhat banner;
- Luffy calls Barty on his evil shit, Barty doesn't like it and the love turns to hate;

On the other hand...it's funny how Cabbage is the polar opposite of Barty when it comes to Luffy yet the possible outcomes are quite similar, but reversed (just switch hate with "love" xD).

Either way I love how the strawhats are getting more and more guys as allies, they are quickly becoming similar to a Yonkou crew, having a bunch of other crews and territories under their wing.

PS: I miss Jinbe :I
Old 2013-09-04, 10:44   Link #67
Saajm

Dosn't anybody have any ideas about blackbeard talking about "AOKIJI?"

Srsly I dont really get it, but i doesn't get any answer, someone must have noticed this? Please let me know your thoughts!
Old 2013-09-04, 10:59   Link #68
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saajm View Post
Dosn't anybody have any ideas about blackbeard talking about "AOKIJI?"

Srsly I dont really get it, but i doesn't get any answer, someone must have noticed this? Please let me know your thoughts!
It could be a lot of things. Aokiji probably met up with BB and informed him about Kaido gathering an army of DF users and that Joker's manufacturing it for Kaido. If BB makes his move against Kaido, that would weaken one of them and give the SH alliance a better chance against Kaido. I just don't see Aokiji joining the BB pirates, unless he has some other plans.
Old 2013-09-04, 11:33   Link #69
Saajm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
It could be a lot of things. Aokiji probably met up with BB and informed him about Kaido gathering an army of DF users and that Joker's manufacturing it for Kaido. If BB makes his move against Kaido, that would weaken one of them and give the SH alliance a better chance against Kaido. I just don't see Aokiji joining the BB pirates, unless he has some other plans.
Yeah i get what you are talking about, and like you say, it could be a lot of things.

But the thing that caught me was BB saying "When you put it like that, Burges, Then Shiryuu's the same? Ain't he?" What Blackbeard is trying to say is that if Aokiji isnt trustworthy why should Shiryuu be? or something similar to that.

Remember Shiryuu worked for The World Government. And so Aokiji did, but they trust Shiryuu. I don't really think this has anything about Kaido to do. I think this is something we wont see for a long time, it will be revealed later in the manga.
Old 2013-09-04, 11:52   Link #70
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Best part of the chapter: a phone snail with beard braids and a flippin 'stache!
Actually, that's not a mustache, but rather BB's hat. It seems that only his beard has grown longer (more akin to the real BB). But yes, BB's den den mushi is awesome .

Regarding Burgess' suspicions on Aokiji, that may tie-in to what Doflamingo said to Aokiji about having heard unpleasant rumors about his activities.
Old 2013-09-04, 13:03   Link #71
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Bah, it's Aokiji...if he's getting a bad rep it'll only end up being part of a plan to take down BB and or some other evil.
Old 2013-09-04, 14:52   Link #72
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Well, just as I thought Rebecca didn't have any intention to kill Luffy, as this "besides, you didn't" implies.

She seemed pretty serious about killing him to me. If she really had no intention to, then she probably would have stopped her her sword strike mid-swing or something. But no, Luffy actually had to restrain her. And it's pretty clear that she has strong convictions considering her talk about protecting the toy soldier.....

Actually, on the subject of Rebecca, there was one line from Luffy's chat with her that I found interesting (considering that this isn't another Panda fail): He says that she sounded like a samurai when she told him she didn't need to eat. And remember that during the B-block round it was pointed out that Ricky's fighting style was similar to a Wano samurai's. Another hint to their connection, perhaps....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
this chapter made me remember about Impel Down chapter

remember when Luffy made lots of friends and tried to take down the one in charge

I can imagine how Luffy will bring Chinjao's team, Barto, and Rebecca alongside with him to charge on Doflamingo while other crews will follow behind (well, each crews seems got their own companion and teams)

It's not surprising, really. Remember, it was even pointed out by Mihawk during the Marineford arc that Luffy had an uncanny ability to attract allies to his side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Finally......................I TOLD YOU! I told you Caribou would come back to save grandma!

....But what makes you so sure he wouldn't rob her blind afterwards?
Old 2013-09-04, 15:01   Link #73
Spammowarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Actually, on the subject of Rebecca, there was one line from Luffy's chat with her that I found interesting (considering that this isn't another Panda fail): He says that she sounded like a samurai when she told him she didn't need to eat. And remember that during the B-block round it was pointed out that Ricky's fighting style was similar to a Wano samurai's. Another hint to their connection, perhaps....?
On stream the translation was "you remember me of that samurai guy"

btw, since I have to assume aokiji is scheming something with the emperors, there's 3 different, powerful groups moving against them (unless maybe kidd is allied with aokiji? doesn't seem likely). there's gonna be a lot of ruckus, that's for sure.
Old 2013-09-04, 15:57   Link #74
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

After seeing the panel where Luffy "pinned down" Rebcca, I am expecting a new shipper fanbase, although that will probably be overshadowed by bartholomeo fanboyism.
Old 2013-09-04, 16:11   Link #75
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
....But what makes you so sure he wouldn't rob her blind afterwards?
Man, I only said he was going back to save her...never said he wouldn't stab her in the back afterward!!!

Also...I actually liked how Lucy caught and pinned down Rebecca AND didn't even drop his lunch-box.
Old 2013-09-04, 18:09   Link #76
Veviticus

If rebecca is a possible candidate to join, I hope she doesn't forfeit from D block. It'll be nice to know how strong she is because against luffy, she looked really weak.
Old 2013-09-04, 18:19   Link #77
Homura7

Well, her moves are implied to be fast, according to one of those convicted gladiators.

Nice sig, btw
Old 2013-09-04, 19:19   Link #78
Veviticus

thank you

Chapter 704, there were gladiators who called rebecca the undefeated female as well. It'll be a battle between her and cavendish in block D
Old 2013-09-04, 19:25   Link #79
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
If rebecca is a possible candidate to join, I hope she doesn't forfeit from D block. It'll be nice to know how strong she is because against luffy, she looked really weak.
To be fair...most people look weak when facing Luffy.
Old 2013-09-04, 20:26   Link #80
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
To be fair...most people look weak when facing Luffy.
Even Enel did at one point