AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-09, 02:33   Link #41
Amethyst
Banned

Heh, that's awesome. Though I don't think Flora is any key factor to the story here. I mean, she's one of those types of characters that you just need to love because they're simply cool, like Chikaru from Strawberry Panic, plus she's pretty cute, but still... even with Nadeshiko's storyline it's a bit exaggerated to think that she is that important to the overall story. I think Sumomo's and Nona's merged storylines would become a great representation of the story in the anime. What's needed is of course the whole love/hope perspective and the Figurare/Retrosheera differences perspective. Those two alone will make the story at least half excellent but not complete. It will all depend on the chosen seiyuus and the screenplay execution; I have no doubt about that.

By the way, I would take Toua's route over Flora's anytime (haru-tan~ :3).

Last edited by Amethyst; 2006-12-09 at 02:43.
Old 2006-12-11, 15:46   Link #42
NeoSam

Here's MediaWorks site for Nanatsuiro★Drops

http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/contents/7drops/index.php

On this page you can see a page of the manga thats currently serializing in Dengeki G's Magazine.

Ahhh the art looks so moe~ hopefully some group will scanlate the manga
Old 2006-12-30, 15:45   Link #43
cyth
Banned

moetron ☆萌えトロン posted this Youtube link to the C71 teaser of Nanatsuiro★Drops (and more).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmNaKvZ1xWQ&eurl=

From the little animation that you can catch a glimpse of, it's looking quite promising, but due to the bad quality of the video I can't seem to decipher if Sumomo's seiyuu will stay the same. Guess we'll have to wait for more information.

Last edited by cyth; 2007-01-03 at 16:00.
Old 2007-01-03, 13:15   Link #44
cyth
Banned

Today I received my copy of Nanatsuiro★Drops ART WORKS, illustrations done by none other than Ito Noizi. The featured art work in the later half is just wonderful, quite a bit of it is copy-pasted from game scenes, so it's basically a very detailed game guide with lots of information (it's also a nice resource for fansubbing purposes, all you fansubbers out there ). There's also a nice addition of author commentary, but the best surprise was the drama CD which featured a story of a kibasen practice for a school sport's tournament going completely wrong!
Spoiler for drama CD:

It goes nicely with my copy of the game. I truly wish for a successful port to animation by Studio Barcelona. I just know their Dai Mahou Touge past works (but I haven't even watched that), so I really don't have much idea what to expect.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmNaKvZ1xWQ&eurl= This looks like a less shaky cam trailer for the anime port.

Last edited by cyth; 2007-01-03 at 15:59. Reason: Addition
Old 2007-01-20, 10:10   Link #45
cyth
Banned

Ugh, more spam.

MOON PHASE prompted me a little bit earlier to check out Unison Shift's website for a major announcement. This year they're again giving away presents, and everyone can apply for one until 2007/02/05 (if you're residing in Japan). There are 5 sets of goodies to choose from:

- ACCENT set
- WAGA set
- Re: Maid set
- Chu x Chu set
- BLOSSOM set

What's interesting for us (and interesting enough for me) is the BLOSSOM set. BLOSSOM is Unison-Shift's team that produced the Nanatsuiro★Drops visual novel. Here's a picture from their site of the goodie "course":

Hopefully they'll choose my application and send me the goodies. That game serial number finally paid off to have.

Last edited by cyth; 2007-01-20 at 11:05.
Old 2007-01-21, 04:26   Link #46
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
What's interesting for us (and interesting enough for me) is the BLOSSOM set. BLOSSOM is Unison-Shift's team that produced the Nanatsuiro★Drops visual novel.
BLOSSOM also produced that game that I wanted to learn about Peace@Pieces... it seems that Itou Noizi-sensei somehow prefers this team.. ^^

The art on the bags are enough to die/kill for, IMHO.
<-- Another one of those Noizi fans.
Old 2007-01-29, 03:49   Link #47
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Umu... so that's the rumored new character in the PS2 version...

くぅぅぅぅぅぅ *must buy....*
Old 2007-03-29, 10:46   Link #48
cyth
Banned

http://www.nanatsuiro.com/

The anime homepage has finally been updated!!

=======
Information about the series:

Original work: @Piece (Unison-SHIFT)
Director: Yamamoto Takashi
Series composition: Shimada Mitsuru
Original character design: Itou Noiji (Noizi Ito)
Character design: Ibe Yukiko
Colour setting: Kaihou Shigenobu
Art direction: Kosakabe Naoko
Props setting: Ajiki Kei
Photography director: Kazuhiro Yamada
Editing: Uchida Megumi
Sound director: Iwanami Yoshikazu
Animation production: Studio Barcelona
Production: Nanatsuiro★Drops Production Commitee
=======

The cast has yet to be reported. Sale schedule for the PS2 port of the game, Nanatsuiro★Drops Pure!! has been set to September 2007.

EDIT: The character designs don't look that bad at all, because we really can't expect anything of Itou-san's level in the animation world, of course. =)

Last edited by cyth; 2007-03-29 at 10:58.
Old 2007-03-29, 11:54   Link #49
martino
makes no files now

Hopefully those are just some out-of-hand quick sketches...

Thanks for the news! Can't wait till this comes out...
Old 2007-03-29, 12:17   Link #50
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:

Also, the preview trailer that was shown at Comiket 71 and the Wonder Fest is available as a stream feed.

Love the character designs.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2007-03-29, 17:59   Link #51
martino
makes no files now

Yeah, they look really nice and so does the overall animation.
Old 2007-03-29, 21:11   Link #52
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Looks good...the heroine reminds me of Mikuru somehow, maybe it's the face and hair, since otherwise she doesn't look too similar. Always good to have more anime to look forward to
Old 2007-03-29, 21:56   Link #53
ZODDGUTS

Quote:

Rather dissapointing the anime character designs doens't match up with Noiji Ito game designs they look rather generic now. JC and KyoAni did a better job at matching her artwork.
Old 2007-03-29, 23:29   Link #54
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Noiji Ito's designs wouldn't work in an anime. They're too "rough," if that's the word for it.

The anime team's take on his (her?) design and the result they've come up with is very good, in my view.
Old 2007-03-29, 23:55   Link #55
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
The anime team's take on his (her?) design and the result they've come up with is very good, in my view.
She's a her.

I believe I've seen a picture of Noizi Ito cosplaying Shana.
Old 2007-03-30, 00:12   Link #56
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
There seems to be some sort of magical girl plotline here. This makes this very interesting for me. I had the HCG of the game a while back and the art was fantastic. Of course being an ADV I assumed it was a straight dating sim. If there is some magical girl goodness here I think I'm going to put this on my list.

I'd also cut the anime designer a huge break if I even needed to really. There's almost no way to make an anime character design look as good as static CG, for one it would look really weird to translate that look to Full Motion, and two its all but unaffordable. Now all that's left is to make it looks good by anime standards and I think they've made it look positively stunning. I've seen adapations that look a hundred times worse than the character design transition here. I'm not seeing any difference from what Kyoto did with Haruhi or Loli Staff with Shakugan No Shana. One thing is missing and that's the glass eye look which actually just looks touched up in the anime designs. Here watch folks:

Spoiler:

In case anyboy is wondering why I've gone and decapitated the characters, its because of the odd way the images are laid out in the site. It's done in several squares of image which is very bizzare. Then again a lot of sites are overly stylized these days. Funny I was just talking with someone about cropping a couple minutes ago. and yes that is indeed Mikuru and Itsuki in the 1st and 3rd pictures respectively. Well sort of, unlike Hisashi Hirai her characters only look superficially similar and don't look like frogmen from mars.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-03-30 at 00:45.
Old 2007-03-30, 03:50   Link #57
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I'm not seeing any difference from what Kyoto did with Haruhi or Loli Staff with Shakugan No Shana.
LOL loli staff again

Quote:
One thing is missing and that's the glass eye look which actually just looks touched up in the anime designs. Here watch folks:

Spoiler:

In case anyboy is wondering why I've gone and decapitated the characters, its because of the odd way the images are laid out in the site.
That trailer that was shown at Comiket 71 looks great but those character desgins on the official website look really crappy
Old 2007-03-30, 03:52   Link #58
cyth
Banned

Quote:
I'd also cut the anime designer a huge break if I even needed to really. There's almost no way to make an anime character design look as good as static CG, for one it would look really weird to translate that look to Full Motion, and two its all but unaffordable. Now all that's left is to make it looks good by anime standards and I think they've made it look positively stunning. I've seen adapations that look a hundred times worse than the character design transition here. I'm not seeing any difference from what Kyoto did with Haruhi or Loli Staff with Shakugan No Shana. One thing is missing and that's the glass eye look which actually just looks touched up in the anime designs.
For once, I completely agree with you. And yes, there is a mahou shoujo plot in it. The whole mess with Haru turning into a sheep doll came to be because of... well, let's not spoil right away. Although, while the mahou shoujoness is there and at times is in the center of the plot, the love story overshadows it quite tremendously. The game was no Nanoha where the girls fought it out; the magic in Nanatsuiro★Drops is there just to achieve a purpose with it.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-30, 03:59   Link #59
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
but those character desgins on the official website look really crappy
The same could be said for the first character images that were published on Getsumen To Heiki Mina site (the quality of those was really similar to the ones on Nanadoro character page), but we all know that in the anime they turned out great. Well, the trailer proves that.
Old 2007-03-30, 07:53   Link #60
NeoSam

Quote:
The same could be said for the first character images that were published on Getsumen To Heiki Mina site (the quality of those was really similar to the ones on Nanadoro character page), but we all know that in the anime they turned out great. Well, the trailer proves that.
Yeah the trailer looks great hopefully all the anime episodes will have that quality of animation if not even better.

Tags
barcelona, bishoujo, drama, fantasy, magical girl, romance, seinen, supernatural, unionshift