AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 93 45.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 17.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 5.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.99%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-04, 17:23   Link #341
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
If we are talking about kills, the SSS is actually responsible for two kills against Otonashi, while Tenshi has 1. All in the first episode too.
101 versus 1, actually.

SSS is a high-risk job.
Old 2010-05-04, 18:28   Link #342
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I felt sympathy with Tenshi... She shouldn't have been given all the mistreatment... and now she is all alone... (oh yea, Leave Tenshi Alone!)

I seriously hope they stopped bullying her... or I'll lose all hope in Yuri... Besides this, this is a really funny episode... So far, the series are doing a good job in my opinion, but not on the level as a masterpiece yet...

Rating: 9/10
Old 2010-05-04, 19:23   Link #343
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Part of war is anticipating the result of your attack and how the enemy might respond. I find it hard to believe the SSS would not have any info on the VP considering he serves under Tenshi. Removing her from office would create a power vacuum that obviously someone would have fill. Also it seems this guy way more Totalitarian than Tenshi was. The fact he stated he was not going to be as easy on them as Tenshi was suggest that hes given this some thought. He didnt come alone he bought what looks like a disciplinary squad with him. Since they are regular students they cant shoot them. I think outright rebelling against this new Prez is going to be harder than actually dealing with Tenshi.
As far as the information was provided, it is pretty clear that the SSS went through a lot of operations and -only- Kanade was there to fight them back, in their attempt to disrupt the order.
In fact, Kanade is the only one that -really- stand out, even when she isn't in her GS mode. That is a lot to say: if you were to be hell bent convinced that one is the "enemy officer", you would expect to see similar features to anyone remotely the same, which is not the case: so far, we have seen only one with GS skills, or something similar.
Quote:
That is true but i think its double edged sword they were killed for breaking rules but they are breaking the rules because they feel its justified. I cant bring myself to say its ok just because she never explained her situation my mind just wont compute it like that. Her reactions are a result of the SSS actions so who can we really call the bad guy here (if there really is one) both sides seemed justified in what they are doing.
The Light novel, and even Episode 1 were pretty clear on that subject: Kanade just doesn't say anything regarding the "world", despite directly confronted. Heck, Episode 1 proves she doesn't play dumb and admits it is a world where dead people are roaming around. By this, you can conclude that she -really- doesn't help and arise suspicions regarding her role.
If Otonashi was killed that easily just because of a mere question regarding his existence, we can speculate that Kanade did kill some SSS without them acting like bunch of troublemakers.
That said, it is obvious her usual demeanor is to take actions only when there is an hostile action from the other party (otherwise, she would have chased them down, regardless if they are eating or not).

Quote:
I have not read the novel so maybe its explained or presented better in the written word. But from what i can see they had a hint or at least Yuri had a hint that Kanade was not what they had thought she was after finding the files in her PC. I would have tried to dig further and gathered more intel but they didnt. Yuri seems to hide a lot.
And that's exactly the issue: how are you supposed to dig more about the "sworn enemy", when they couldn't gather anything more from the said enemy, and that their resting place doesn't have anything more than "origin of their weapons"?
As far as it goes, they could only speculate on things regarding to this, and despite Yuri might have been considered as a "blind avenger", she actually took time to consider different possibility, which is quite something, because your usual angsty avenger would usually be in denial and still stubbornly accuse their item of vengeance as the -true- target. In Yuri's case, she was sensitive enough to actually consider the "worst case scenario" without pulling a tantrum (you would generally expect that kind of character ignoring it, otherwise they would forfeit themself their focus of revenge).
The important thing is that Yuri sees Kanade as her "lead" to God. As shown in the anime and novel, she never expressed "hatred" towards Kanade, but only for "God". That being said, since she considers Kanade as part of "God" crew, she is hostile towards her (that and the fact she openly considers Kanade as their only lead to god, since only Kanade -really- stands out in the Afterlife).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibs View Post
I think the reason why they complained about Kanade joining the SSS is that they're still holding on their memories when alive, and, because Yuri helped them putting the blame on Kanade, they have a huge grudge against her. The only reason Otonashi realized that she is also suffering is thanks to his memory loss, thus not feeling the same anger the other SSS members feel (which is strange since I would feel at least a bit of resent after someone who "killed" me...). And remember that he had a lot of opportunities to talk to her.
As far as it is depicted in all Media, Yuri always mention God as the origin of everyone's problem (due to have created/allowed such kind of situations for everyone). This is even more evident in her approach used for Otonashi. So far, she most likely mislabeled Kanade as an Angel under the order of God, but by no mean she blamed Kanade as being the source of their problems.
Old 2010-05-04, 22:26   Link #344
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Oh boy.....so I had to give this show at least one more go because I heard this was the "it gets better episode" and in my eternal curiosity I have to follow up on those sorts of things. I don't know....something about it was definitely a hint more competent (perhaps to do with something actually kind of happening that could launch the plot in some sort of direction at the end) in that I actually got what the whole point of things was this time, but the comedy that typically takes up the first half of these things is still just absolutely brutal for me to sit through.

It really just a lot of the same kind of stuff I've seen in other Key Anime with the slapstick, overlays, and random moments of loudness that just seem to be saying "come on this is funny right? Laugh at me please". Sorry, but I just can't do it, those bits are just not funny to me at all. Especially when the same exact gag was repeated three times in the span of about 5 minutes with the chair rocketing off into the ceiling followed by a replay with that song accompanying it. The first time it was barely funny, the second time I thought I skipped the scene back a little by mistake, the third time was just greeted by a grimace and long sigh on my part. Quit wasting time already Jun-kun. If you want to do some extra comedy it helps to have more than a handful of gags that you rehash in all of your stories. This sentiment goes exponentially for gags that you keep running into the ground in the same episode of one particular show. And hanging a lampshade on it with dialogue like

that doesn't make it any better, that just kind of tells me that you know you are being cheap on the comedy and just trying to gimmick it up and turn it into an in-joke when really your still just being lazy. If you have the time to recognize that the comedy is going to come across as still then why not use it to remedy the problem.

Anyway I think the only two gags that really got me (and unfortunately they were quick ones) were the bit at the beginning where Otanashi was imagining some huge epic battle and Yuri broke the fantasy by bluntly declaring that it was just an exam. Nice, subtle, not imminently desperate for laughs....this is the kind of stuff that works for me. The other was the bit where they were trying not to immediately upset Tenshi before the test was over. Again stuff that factors into the plot of the episode that's played tongue in cheek. More of that and less random slapstick violence and screaming please. And on that note just **** Yuri as a character and the biggest source for most of that stuff. Everytime she's doing something in a scene I know my teeth are probably going to be set on edge by the end of it. Talk about an unintentional weak link.

So after 14 minutes of the err...comedy (it felt more like 40 really) we get to the plan actually succeeding and Tenshi's reputation getting tarnished and the revelations about her possible true nature. Now somehow I'm hoping against hope that this means I don't have to watch another one of those insufferable concert scenes that seem to be cropping up in just about every show taking place in a school these days. This bit I still don't understand the point of and am starting to think I never will, but who knows.

Anyway there's not a whole lot about this episode that I can that I found any better than the previous ones and honestly it still feels pretty messy, but at least no longer like it's completely lacking in any sort of direction. Since Tenshi is at this point the only character not to have annoyed me at some point this episode I am at least a little curious to find out what her deal is (though I am also interested in her because signs have been pointing to her potentially being the key to the series that will make or break the whole thing depending on her development), but at the same time praying that I don't have to sit through 14 minutes of screwball comedy antics before I can get to the interesting parts next episode. To bad like a lot of things in this show the preview is kind of gimmicky and doesn't really act as much of a preview at all. And I thought Generator Gawl's previews were cryptic when they showed them at our University Anime Club back in 2003....yeesh.
Old 2010-05-04, 23:28   Link #345
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Anyway I think the only two gags that really got me (and unfortunately they were quick ones) were the bit at the beginning where Otanashi was imagining some huge epic battle and Yuri broke the fantasy by bluntly declaring that it was just an exam. Nice, subtle, not imminently desperate for laughs....this is the kind of stuff that works for me. The other was the bit where they were trying not to immediately upset Tenshi before the test was over. Again stuff that factors into the plot of the episode that's played tongue in cheek. More of that and less random slapstick violence and screaming please. And on that note just **** Yuri as a character and the biggest source for most of that stuff. Everytime she's doing something in a scene I know my teeth are probably going to be set on edge by the end of it. Talk about an unintentional weak link.
I personally found the second gag that you mentioned pretty weak, in the same level (oh wait are they in the same screen?) when Yuri keeps throw off her frustration and Otanashi went up to Tenshi with random excuse.
I guess the director really did try to go for wider demography instead on focusing in one then....

@chikorita157: I really liked Kanede as well, third to Hinata and Yuri. But i think the worst thing could be happened to her is leaving her alone. I really doubt if she has any friends or often been in a friendly conversation with anyone except those in SSS.
Since episode 1, the only one whom she always been with is either the school council or the SSS, both due to obligation. And it's not worth to have random people around just because you are a student president

Seriously, if you see a human like Kanade in your school, you probably will suspect that she lives under domestic violence or something.

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-05-05 at 04:02.
Old 2010-05-04, 23:36   Link #346
christinemarie
Crazy One

Very painful to see Tenshi gets bullied, despite the comedy in this episode I'll give it a 1.
Old 2010-05-04, 23:43   Link #347
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Very painful to see Tenshi gets bullied, despite the comedy in this episode I'll give it a 1.
Wait what you give it a 1 just because they're up to their usual antics, only more personal and affecting?
Old 2010-05-05, 01:18   Link #348
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Seriously could they have fucked Tenshi any harder without so much as mentioning lube? I mean it wasn't enough to screw her over during the test and make her get a zero in al lthe subjects but they took her ticket for her favorite meal too when all the girl just wanted to do is drown her sorrows in her favorite dish. Plus thanks to their antics they managed to create an enemy whose going to be a thousand times worse than Tenshi was. Good job Yuri. I feel the worse for Tenshi right now the girl just seems to get the short end of the stick all the time. F you SSS and Otonashi you need grow a pair of stones dude. You obviously have pretty decent instincts why not act on them what are they going to do kill you

Still not happy with the animation during the concerts but im pretty much over it now.
They have been stealing tickets since whos noes when. Ever since Operation Tornado has been in effect. The fact that Tenshi just lost her ticket that one time and everyones now jumping up and down over it. Go figure. Oh she didnt get what she wanted to eat. poor diddles, lets all make a fuss over this and start throwing insults at the SSS crew.

And get this ...... They didnt intentionally target one person!, or expect Tenshi to be there!! how many students do you see ? how many tickets go floating in the air ? All they predicted is that Tenshi still may show to stop them, which turned out false. Otonashi ordered a hold fire. They didn't even attack her.

I said what I've needed too.

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2010-05-05 at 01:34.
Old 2010-05-05, 01:57   Link #349
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
That's NOT how the rating here goes. 1 means you HATED every single second of the episode, not that it made you sad.
Old 2010-05-05, 03:33   Link #350
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
We have. They don't bat an eye when a new student suddenly joins their class, and their class roster automatically updates when new students arrive. Remember, NPC = Non Player Character. In this context, they refer to the characters who are native to that world (the afterlife) -- they are there to maintain the feel of a peaceful school life. And I also stated that that only applies to the student NPCs. Naturally, school faculty have higher access rights than normal students.

And I'm not arguing against Yuri being an idiot. She even openly admits that herself. What ticks me is how you are saying that she didn't plan and research things right and just jumped to conclusions prematurely. If you've really read up to chapter 4, you'd know that she's still not sure on what Kanade actually is at that time, which led her to formulate a plan which capitalized on their current situation, killing two birds with one stone. You do know what I'm referring to, right?

And of course, they're not rebelling for no reason at all. If you payed attention to the exposition in Ep01, you'd know that the SSS (or at least, Yuri) has witnessed, in the past, humans who had either become indistinguishable from the NPCs, or just disappeared while doing regular school activities like how the NPCs do them. Now, this may have been simply a misunderstanding/misobservation, but it presents enough of a threat to their current existence that they chose to not follow the rules just to prevent these accidental disappearances.
That furthers the idea that they either are familiar with the world or have a higher understanding than that of the students not that they are NPCs or whatever. Either way this obsession of forcing the information of Kanade when it's obvious that she doesn't know or won't tell them is just stupid.

She saw evidence that contradicted her theory but ignored it as it didn't fit her goal.
Spoiler for Scene:

Yes they are. They are other ways of not following the rules rather than stealing kids of their lunch tickets such as not going to school and investigating the world around them. It's their black and white mentality that they think there are only two ways of going about this, rebel or fall in line.
Old 2010-05-05, 04:18   Link #351
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
That furthers the idea that they either are familiar with the world or have a higher understanding than that of the students not that they are NPCs or whatever. Either way this obsession of forcing the information of Kanade when it's obvious that she doesn't know or won't tell them is just stupid.

She saw evidence that contradicted her theory but ignored it as it didn't fit her goal.
Spoiler for Scene:

Yes they are. They are other ways of not following the rules rather than stealing kids of their lunch tickets such as not going to school and investigating the world around them. It's their black and white mentality that they think there are only two ways of going about this, rebel or fall in line.
I bet that Kanade knows something that Yuri want and would tell them in later episode through.... Almost to definitely

Stealing kids of their lunch tickets? Remember that their "dinner" tickets were prepared and given out by the school. Also considering that tons still be left on the ground after the operation, i don't think any student, NPC or not, would care about their lost.
Except one: Kanade. That 's why i said that this episode only shows how lonely Kanede have always been. Even as a newcomer but with a partner, Hinata faced little trouble without meal ticket.

Also that's not a spoiler through, Kanade's room was shown on episode 3. But how do you know angel do not live like normal people btw?

PS: Maybe a sadist i am, but I admit that Kanade would looks cuter if she was bullied and on the verge of tears through. Anyone want to agree? heh:

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-05-05 at 06:09. Reason: fixed
Old 2010-05-05, 04:21   Link #352
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:

Spoiler for Scene:

No. Both the novel and the anime heavily imply that the teachers are NPCs (plus, Kanade explicitly stated that the principal is of little consequence in this world). If you think otherwise, explain clearly and present evidence.

Why? Asking a person with higher authority, or coercing her to reveal potentially sensitive information is not stupid in any way. Can you suggest any other efficient way to find out about their world? Lay it out clearly and systematically. And remember, discoveries don't happen spontaneously -- they need a lot of resources (time, energy) invested in R&D.

Ignored? She clearly contemplated on it. See the end of episode 3. However, she does not jump to conclusions immediately -- quite the opposite of what you're implying her attitude to be. Instead, she builds an experiment to explore this new observation/hypothesis. The result of that experiment then further strengthens that hypothesis, and we can see her contemplating about it again by the end of this ep. Also, note that all her misconceptions regarding Kanade stem from the events in the prequel, starting formally with the line which I quoted in my first paragraph.

And no, they're not rebelling for no reason at all. Did you read my post? Did you watch the show? Did you read the novel? Are you paying attention to the information that you are taking in while doing the above? Read what I posted again:
If you payed attention to the exposition in Ep01, you'd know that the SSS (or at least, Yuri) has witnessed, in the past, humans who had either become indistinguishable from the NPCs, or just disappeared while doing regular school activities like how the NPCs do them. Now, this may have been simply a misunderstanding/misobservation, but it presents enough of a threat to their current existence that they chose to not follow the rules just to prevent these accidental disappearances.
And of course, those examples that you have stated are actually being done by the SSS. Pay attention. They don't go to regular classes (they have their own special class and uniform), Guild makes weapons and ammo almost 24/7, etc. And you seem to believe that the core group has only been in the afterlife for a short amount of time. They have been there for months at least (and maybe even years, considering the number of followers they have gathered). It is assumed that the core group, most notably Chaa, has already explored everything there is to explore (see novel thread for details).
Old 2010-05-05, 04:41   Link #353
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I don't think it's a spoiler or some sort, because people can just have a look at ep 1 (in that Otanashi and Yuri conversation on rooftop) again to confirm.
But remember every new student will almost always go to the rooftop trying to plot where are they. And here is Hinata's description:

Quote:
What a ridiculous amount of space this school occupies.
The place I'm looking at though, is the world beyond the school's premise.
A forest spans on and on, and then ends in a thick mist, blocking anything beyond from view.
The school is completely isolated place as far as human sight. I don't know if they have tried attacking the kitchen to see where the food come from, but it probably can come from the same methods as the gun anyway. So if an investigation has to be started, i rather do it within the school, starting with the highest figure - school principal first. Instead of heading into that suspicious forest.
Old 2010-05-05, 04:53   Link #354
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for Scene:

On the contrary, Yuri quite clearly did not ignore the possibility that Tenshi was just a normal human. That was the entire reason for the operation in episode 5 to begin with: To confirm whether Tenshi was a human or not.
Old 2010-05-05, 05:16   Link #355
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
No. Both the novel and the anime heavily imply that the teachers are NPCs (plus, Kanade explicitly stated that the principal is of little consequence in this world). If you think otherwise, explain clearly and present evidence.

Why? Asking a person with higher authority, or coercing her to reveal potentially sensitive information is not stupid in any way. Can you suggest any other efficient way to find out about their world? Lay it out clearly and systematically. And remember, discoveries don't happen spontaneously -- they need a lot of resources (time, energy) invested in R&D.

Ignored? She clearly contemplated on it. See the end of episode 3. However, she does not jump to conclusions immediately -- quite the opposite of what you're implying her attitude to be. Instead, she builds an experiment to explore this new observation/hypothesis. The result of that experiment then further strengthens that hypothesis, and we can see her contemplating about it again by the end of this ep. Also, note that all her misconceptions regarding Kanade stem from the events in the prequel, starting formally with the line which I quoted in my first paragraph.

And no, they're not rebelling for no reason at all. Did you read my post? Did you watch the show? Did you read the novel? Are you paying attention to the information that you are taking in while doing the above? Read what I posted again:
If you payed attention to the exposition in Ep01, you'd know that the SSS (or at least, Yuri) has witnessed, in the past, humans who had either become indistinguishable from the NPCs, or just disappeared while doing regular school activities like how the NPCs do them. Now, this may have been simply a misunderstanding/misobservation, but it presents enough of a threat to their current existence that they chose to not follow the rules just to prevent these accidental disappearances.
And of course, those examples that you have stated are actually being done by the SSS. Pay attention. They don't go to regular classes (they have their own special class and uniform), Guild makes weapons and ammo almost 24/7, etc. And you seem to believe that the core group has only been in the afterlife for a short amount of time. They have been there for months at least (and maybe even years, considering the number of followers they have gathered). It is assumed that the core group, most notably Chaa, has already explored everything there is to explore (see novel thread for details).
Again she was referring to people thinking that the principal is in charge(aka God or something similar). There hasn't been any evidence against the idea that the teachers or principal know more than they let on. We haven't seen any attempts though to even ask the teachers what they know.

I was talking about the prequel. At the end of episode 3, the truth was slapped in her face. Considering the fact that them showing up to the tests wasn't that big of a deal hints that they've probably been going to class in the mean time. She's had evidence in the prequels refuting her hypothesis but she still figures it was sound enough to base a rebellion on.
1.The fact that Tenshi acting surprised that they think there is a link between her and God
2.Tenshi not taking aggressive action even in the prequels to maintain control
3.Tenshi's room being similar to that of a regular person
4.Tenshi not exhibiting any sort of divine or all knowing knowledge
The only thing in support of her being angel is the supernatural abilities in a world full of dead people where they can MAKE GUNS OUT OF MUD. Tenshi has never stated or implied that she was on a higher level of existence.

It seems you are thinking in the same manner they are. Black and white when there are dead obvious alternatives. Again they never have had to fight Tenshi to avoid disappearance. Yurippe wanted an enemy or someone to fight because of her past life and her regrets. In episode 1, Yurripe stated that pretending to follow the rules would cause disappearance too leaving her to the mindset that either it's fight or disappear when the alternative has always been peaceful rebellion. This is confirmed by the Guild's presence in that they don't openly fight Tenshi but they still exist for whatever reason. Open conflict is not nor has never been a necessity to avoid disappearing.

When the person isn't going to give you the information and you can't get the information from them then it does become idiotic. They even fully admit that they can't beat Tenshi in the Guild episode and all they can do is stall her. So why instead of wasting their time fighting a war they know they can't win, don't they use those resources into a science section dedicated to finding out where they are or even an intelligence division.

No that's my main point. They've been there for months or years and they still don't have any long term plans, don't know their enemies names, or even about the world around them. Let's try to avoid assumptions especially ones that aren't even slightly implied in the works. There is a difference between inferences and assumptions. The characters(other than Christ) act as if they haven't heard of technology. I mean all they've done it seems was try and hack Tenshi's computer. We haven't seen them mention the lack of internet, shopping, or pretty much anything hinting at a larger world. It's poor writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
On the contrary, Yuri quite clearly did not ignore the possibility that Tenshi was just a normal human. That was the entire reason for the operation in episode 5 to begin with: To confirm whether Tenshi was a human or not.
I was talking about the prequel and what would be common sense. Anything else would be hindsight. Also Yuri already had a very strong indication that she was human so she tried a more emotional and humanistic approach instead of direct conflict. She still isn't sure at the end of the episode whether Yuri is human because of the line(can't remember the direct quote)"What type of angel drowns her sorrows in food". She's obsessed on the notion that Tenshi knows something that Yuri doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I bet that Kanede knows something that Yuri want and would tell them in later episode through.... Almost to definitely

Stealing kids of their lunch tickets? Remember that their "dinner" tickets were prepared and given out by the school. Also considering that tons still be left on the ground after the operation, i don't think any student, NPC or not, would care about their lost.
Except one: Kanede. That 's why i said that this episode only shows how lonely Kanede have always been. Even as a newcomer but with a partner, Hinata faced little trouble without meal ticket.

Also that's not a spoiler through, Kanede's room was shown on episode 3. But how do you know angel do not live like normal people btw?

PS: Maybe a sadist i am, but I admit that Kanede would looks cuter if she was bullied and on the verge of tears through. Anyone want to agree? heh:
Just because someone won't miss it doesn't make it not theft. Who cares about the actually facts about how angels live? What is common sense? If you saw that room, would you think an angel lives in it or a human? Christ, if she's an omnipotent or supernaturally powerful being with top secret information in her room then it seems she could spring for a better lock.

@Pellissier
The reason I use a multipost format is that it's easier for the responder to address part of the post than sorting through one huge post.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-05-05 at 06:27. Reason: I see, but rules here have it that multiple posts in a short span are not allowed.
Old 2010-05-05, 05:33   Link #356
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I thought it does not? If they don't mind to lose it ,then you take it. Why would it be stealing or even a problem then?

I would think that angel or whatever that superior being is, can live just like human does. It's more believable than human being has superior power (instead of omnipotent) and hold such high position in (afterlife) world order anyway.
Her rooms may not have anything special at all also. She may not even have a concept of "private place" or travel between dimensions. Even Otonashi suspected that it will violate her privacy without anything to gain.

Also as said, the world beyond the school is "a forest spans on and on, and then ends in a thick mist, blocking anything beyond from view". Pretty sure that it would be hard to investigate when they don't have any equipments or know what would lay in front of them (they are high school students through). Then clearly the school seems to be the center of this God-known-where place, why do not investigate it first? If Tenshi turned out do not know anything then they can head out in that direction or even build a rocket later

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-05-05 at 05:45.
Old 2010-05-05, 05:44   Link #357
Jarmel

Quote:
I thought it does not? If they don't mind to lose it ,then you take it. Why would it be stealing or even a problem then?

I would think that angel or whatever that superior being is, can live just like human does. It's more believable than human being has superior power (instead of omnipotent) and hold such high position in (afterlife) world order anyway.
Stealing is taking without permission. It also is probably a headache as they have to get replacements but considering we don't know how the system works we'll leave that alone. Them lifting the tickets is just a grandiose version of pick pocketing.

However we don't see Yurripe take any of that into consideration, she just notes it and moves on(actually I don't even think she did that). Nobody mentions how peculiar Tenshi fits into the angel mythology but rather just say ok and move on.

That's only a very basic analysis. Has anybody tried walking through the forest and they happen to end up back at the school? Has anybody tried digging to get out or try pretty much anything to get out? How about analyzing what the mist is made of? They seem perfectly content being restricted.

The problem I have with the writing is that the characters don't act human but rather act as the authors need them to act. The characters need to stay in the school because that's where the plot is based. The characters need to shoot things up because it's more exciting than watching them have a philosophical debate or wonder what's going on. The characters can't deduce or investigate anything because we need to reveal it later in the story for dramatic effect.
Old 2010-05-05, 05:56   Link #358
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Stealing is taking without permission. It also is probably a headache as they have to get replacements but considering we don't know how the system works we'll leave that alone. Them lifting the tickets is just a grandiose version of pick pocketing.

However we don't see Yurripe take any of that into consideration, she just notes it and moves on(actually I don't even think she did that). Nobody mentions how peculiar Tenshi fits into the angel mythology but rather just say ok and move on.

That's only a very basic analysis. Has anybody tried walking through the forest and they happen to end up back at the school? Has anybody tried digging to get out or try pretty much anything to get out? How about analyzing what the mist is made of? They seem perfectly content being restricted.
I doubt if there would be a world when people do not mind of being pick pocketed. Rather than leaving it inside, they would take it our and left it flying with the wind if they do not mind to lose it.

That's your problem. See. You think Yuri try to fit Kanade into the angel mythology and the one behind her into God mythology. But Yuri identify Kanade first and try to find some kind of being to fit her description.

Maybe they did and failed to find any? We have only watched the interesting operations after all.

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-05-05 at 06:08. Reason: fixed
Old 2010-05-05, 05:59   Link #359
Jarmel

Quote:
I doubt if there would be a world when people do not mind of being pick pocketed. Rather than leaving it inside, they would take it our and left it flying with the wind if they do not mind to lose it.

That's your problem. See. You think Yuri try to fit Kanede into the angel mythology and the one behind her into God mythology. But Yuri identify Kanede first and try to find some kind of being to fit her description.

Maybe they did and failed to find any? We have only watched the interesting operations after all.
They force fit Kanede into the idea of being an angel in the prequel novels. I can't remember who but someone suggested that she's like an angel and they roll with that idea from that point on.
Old 2010-05-05, 06:03   Link #360
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
They force fit Kanede into the idea of being an angel in the prequel novels. I can't remember who but someone suggested that she's like an angel and they roll with that idea from that point on.
Firstly Yuri described that Kanade have a strange power, possily in par or second to God. Then Hinata said, "something like an Angel"? So they fit the description of Angel into what they are seeing from Kanade. If they walk into Kanade's room, they probably would say "oh wait, so this is how Tenshi live" or something....

We still call her Tenshi and expected she would have the secret of this world, don't we? I means we see some trait of an angel from her (in the opening), and she is the only one who seems to know more than the "NPCs" and still hasn't shared her experiences yet?

PS: What kind of philosophical debate you want them to get into? We are basically doing what the SSS could do even with plenty more information. And we still hit the wall and do not know any thing unless Kanade share out her experience.

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-05-05 at 06:10. Reason: fixed
Closed Thread