AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-09-11, 23:38   Link #1
DarkArk

Live Action Cutie Honey

I hope I'm not missing something obvious, but, I see these preview music videos of Live Action Cutie Honey, but... has it even started in Japan? And, are the two fansubbing groups who released the Koda Kumi music video planning on subbing it (when it comes out)?
DarkArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 02:06   Link #2
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

There is only the Live Action Cutie Honey movie (which has been out for quite some time now). There is the Re: Cutie Honey OVA that is animated. The PV for the song Cutie Honey by Koda Kumi was also fansubbed quite some time ago as well.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 13:00   Link #3
DarkArk

Ooooh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
There is only the Live Action Cutie Honey movie (which has been out for quite some time now). There is the Re: Cutie Honey OVA that is animated. The PV for the song Cutie Honey by Koda Kumi was also fansubbed quite some time ago as well.
Is it subbed anywhere? I didn't think it was, I looked throught the torrent listings.
DarkArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 21:09   Link #4
ultrataro

L/A Cutie Honey

It was a theatrical release, so it'll prob be a while before it reaches video, unless you find bootlegs somewhere.
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 01:00   Link #5
Sakuya
*Artist

The rental version of the Cutie Honey DVD/VHS is released on October 21, 2004 (today)! Please click here for more information and images:

http://www.vap.co.jp/cutiehoney/video/rental.html

The differences between the rental version and the official version is unknown since they do not supply us with any DVD specs for the rental. The official DVD will be released on December 22, 2004.

Official DVD Version Specs:
Color, Dolby Digital 5.1, 93 minutes
Single-Sided Dual Layer, 16:9 widescreen

[Collector's Edition 13,440 yen (with tax)]
2-disc set (movie+extras) & figure (?)

Disc 1: Movie, Trailer, Black Crow Music Clip (1.5 Chorus), TV Spots, TV Spot for Making Of segment, Making Of segment (20 minutes)

Disc 2: Making Of segment (70 minutes), cut scenes (20 minutes), PUREZEN's pilot (3 minutes)

{blurb about figure could not translate}

[Standard Edition 5,040 yen (with tax)]
Same as Disc 1 from above
12-page booklet

If anyone can translate that one portion about the figurine, please do. As for the Making Of segments, it appears 2 times above. A 20-minute segment in the first disc. A 70-minute segment in the bonus disc.

Ok, now for my question. Are there any trailers for this movie? The ones on the official site would not work on my Windows Media Player for some reason. Hopefully, someone can help me with that without me upgrading Windows Media Player. The version I have is the classic version that's pre-installed on Windows.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 16:24   Link #6
RyuHayabusa

Send a message via AIM to RyuHayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
The rental version of the Cutie Honey DVD/VHS is released on October 21, 2004 (today)! Please click here for more information and images:

http://www.vap.co.jp/cutiehoney/video/rental.html

The differences between the rental version and the official version is unknown since they do not supply us with any DVD specs for the rental. The official DVD will be released on December 22, 2004.

Official DVD Version Specs:
Color, Dolby Digital 5.1, 93 minutes
Single-Sided Dual Layer, 16:9 widescreen

[Collector's Edition 13,440 yen (with tax)]
2-disc set (movie+extras) & figure (?)

Disc 1: Movie, Trailer, Black Crow Music Clip (1.5 Chorus), TV Spots, TV Spot for Making Of segment, Making Of segment (20 minutes)

Disc 2: Making Of segment (70 minutes), cut scenes (20 minutes), PUREZEN's pilot (3 minutes)

{blurb about figure could not translate}

[Standard Edition 5,040 yen (with tax)]
Same as Disc 1 from above
12-page booklet

If anyone can translate that one portion about the figurine, please do. As for the Making Of segments, it appears 2 times above. A 20-minute segment in the first disc. A 70-minute segment in the bonus disc.

Ok, now for my question. Are there any trailers for this movie? The ones on the official site would not work on my Windows Media Player for some reason. Hopefully, someone can help me with that without me upgrading Windows Media Player. The version I have is the classic version that's pre-installed on Windows.

I posted the torrent for the live action DVD RAW torrent on the torrent submissions forum. The live action is out now, hopefully, someone will fansub it. Details on how I found it are in the thread.
RyuHayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 17:00   Link #7
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuHayabusa
I posted the torrent for the live action DVD RAW torrent on the torrent submissions forum. The live action is out now, hopefully, someone will fansub it. Details on how I found it are in the thread.
Please don't ever post links to raw anime on this forum again. We do not allow it since lacking the "value added" of subtitles it is simply piracy of a japanese DVD. We frown on piracy as contradictory as that might seem.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 13:10   Link #8
Sakuya
*Artist

So is there nobody who's willing to sub this? There's a local showing of it near me with subtitles but I can't make it and it's the last showing. But then again, I can't copy every single subtitle in the theater because it'll probably go by really fast.
Old 2004-10-28, 21:28   Link #9
ultrataro

You can be certain it's being worked on. But don't try & copy subs of the screened version, wouldn't be right. Since versions being screened for internation festival has an english sub, kinda makes me wonder if the official DVD will have english subs. Many new movies being released in Japan now do.
Old 2004-10-28, 21:52   Link #10
Sakuya
*Artist

You live in Hawaii too? Nope, the official DVDs won't have English subs as mentioned above.
Old 2004-10-28, 22:20   Link #11
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
I wish someone can sub this becuz I want to see this really bad. I love the Cutie Honey series and would like to see the live version of it. It isn't licensed so someone can put a translated version on AnimeSuki.
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 17:20   Link #12
ultrataro

Hold on to your panties people! Like I hinted, you can be sure it is being worked on. but man, my brain hurts now.
BTW, Natsuko is a total dead ringer for the anime version. I'm pretty sure the anime character was modeled directly off the actress, down to body motions and all.
Old 2004-11-01, 21:55   Link #13
Sakuya
*Artist

I for one think that the short ponytail hairstyle is really ugly on that actress. Would it be possible for soft subs to be released as well since I already got the movie. Or maybe a transcript would do as well.

Last edited by Sakuya; 2004-11-02 at 00:21.
Old 2004-11-06, 03:53   Link #14
RyuHayabusa

Send a message via AIM to RyuHayabusa
Ok..the fansubbed version is out and to those that have just finished downloading and watched it, what did you guys think? please, no spoilers, ok?
RyuHayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 13:39   Link #15
robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuHayabusa
Ok..the fansubbed version is out and to those that have just finished downloading and watched it, what did you guys think? please, no spoilers, ok?
Proves why Live-Action ANIME should never be made or taken seriously .... Totally off-the-wall C A M P I N E S S. The cheese factor is so high I can't stop smiling at the ridiculousness of it all. (reminds me of Dungeons & Dragons - remember that shitfest of a film)

And yet, as a film/video editor, I'm amazed at the editing and camera work - especially those incredibly tight close up shots (in those close quarter areas like the bathroom stall and the elevator).

The CG matches the goofiness of seeing people "cos-playing" and the acting isn't worth acknowledging.

For strickly being so different than what we are used to seeing in the US (or any other foreign film) it's educational at best. For entertainment value, stick with the anime instead.

Last edited by robin; 2004-11-06 at 14:13.
robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 21:33   Link #16
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
yes! done d/ling..will watch tommorow
EV|RockLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 16:13   Link #17
ultrataro

Robin, I can't quite tell if you like it or your panning it? On the one hand you admit to smiling at it, on the other saying like action anime shouldn't be made. Anyway, if you're a fan of tokusatsu costumed hero & monster flicks like Ultraman, Godzilla, l/a Sailor Moon, etc. you'll like this movie. There's even a reference to the Godzilla films, I didn't catch it until near the end & it cracked me up.
OK lead actress for Honey's acting is not very good, I think that wasn't the primary reason she was picked. Just as in l/a PGSM, the look was important. And her somewhat awkward & trying hard acting somehow kinda becomes likeable. Supporting actress playing Natsuko is pretty good, she does a good job with the character. She is an actress who's done some previous work.
All in all, I like this movie, but then I'm a fan of live action Sukeban Deka too, which was done in all seriousness but of course can't help be campy. That was actually quite a hit, and note that it preceeded the anime.
Old 2004-11-07, 16:28   Link #18
Sakuya
*Artist

I found a Making of Cutie Honey on eMule. It's a bit over 15 minutes long, it's in pretty good quality, DivX (same codec as Guchi used) and the audio is MP3. However, it's not subbed. The segment is mostly of behind-the-scenes footage of how they film the explosions, special effects, etc. I should say only about 5 or 10 minutes of the segment are dialogue (Sato's comments). But if somebody can download this and provide a script of some sort or a separate subtitle for like Spork did for the movie, I would really appreciate it. There's no BT link (yet) though.
Old 2004-11-08, 00:44   Link #19
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I liked this movie, thanks to the fansubbers.
I haven't seen much of Cutie Honey animated, and I'm not a fan of anime2liveAction films... but this one was funny and nuts, and.... oh my god .... MUSICAL NUMBERS!!!! Not as much as Rocky Horror or Little Shop of Horrors, but hey hey the ones that were in there were really good!!!

No, I'm not gay. I'm confident enough in my heterosexuality to say I like a fruity musical number.

Either that or I have lost my mind. I'd bet even money on it.

The special effects weren't that bad! And like Robin I was impressed with the editing and other aspects of filmaking which don't require much money.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 02:09   Link #20
Otaprince

---------------------

Last edited by Otaprince; 2008-11-13 at 07:15.
Otaprince is offline   Reply With Quote