AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 86 32.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 77 29.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 14.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 34 13.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 5.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.77%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.38%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.15%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-08, 13:17   Link #61
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderlan View Post
Really loved the art and it's pretty much detailed. I really love this anime, Animes that I loved deserves a Perfect 10, despite oppositions. But I wasn't satisfied with the ending, it's confusing, it's like Noe>Hiromi>Noe>then Hiromi as the last. I don't understand what's in Noe, saying 'fly'? Anyway, It's a Perfect 10 for the anime and for my favorite character; Hiromi.
yeah
there were so pretty scenes in their
well, I wasn't confused with the ending, but I still didn't think it was the best ending True Tears could have had.
it somehow leaves me back in the dark, only knowing they are going to get along together in future (all the couples)

but it's too sad, even though I'll go for Hiromi, too, there are plenty of characters left alone in the end
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 13:23   Link #62
coderlan
Student

It's really unsatisfying if the endings of most animes are always, always like this. I wish there's an anime that will have a complete story from beginnings to odd ends, just like Clannad. But still, pretty fun watching it 6 hours straight as if I was like an addict, couldn't help watching some great anime like this, and it does have a unique story, but I think it was in a RUSH. Kuso, It's really unsatisfying, disappointing, saddening to leave it like this, I demand for an OVA! Lol. Go Hiromi!
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 13:23   Link #63
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_760 View Post
yeah
there were so pretty scenes in their
well, I wasn't confused with the ending, but I still didn't think it was the best ending True Tears could have had.
it somehow leaves me back in the dark, only knowing they are going to get along together in future (all the couples)

but it's too sad, even though I'll go for Hiromi, too, there are plenty of characters left alone in the end
How was it sad? Noe was the only left alone and she was okay with it, to a degree. Although she liked him, she knew he liked Hiromi and accepted it. Everyone in school would call her names, but she was much more mature than most of them.

What's so unsatisfying? Do you have to see two characters get married and have kids for closure or something?
Old 2009-09-08, 14:45   Link #64
coderlan
Student

IMO, Yes I need a complete story, but it depends on my needs anyway. Seems I'm tired of this endings, but wat the hell, the anime is a treasure anyway.
Old 2009-09-08, 15:08   Link #65
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderlan View Post
IMO, Yes I need a complete story, but it depends on my needs anyway. Seems I'm tired of this endings, but wat the hell, the anime is a treasure anyway.
I'm happy you like and appreciate it at least. haha.
Old 2009-09-09, 01:45   Link #66
coderlan
Student

I'm always happy when I watch such anime like this, purely nice art.
Old 2009-09-10, 06:04   Link #67
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
What's so unsatisfying? Do you have to see two characters get married and have kids for closure or something?
for me, the only ppl who what they wanted were Hiromi, Shinichiro and Myokichi

Jun left the city becuz he wanted to work, but it was just an escape becuz his sister didn't think that way he did about them

Noe's end is sad, too
she believed in Shinichiro and in the end, she has to give him away

Aiko ended up with Myokichi although it seemed to me that she's still in love with Shinichiro

it's sad that there are always ppl left with a bad ending in romance animes >.<
Old 2009-09-10, 07:07   Link #68
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
for me, the only ppl who what they wanted were Hiromi, Shinichiro and Myokichi
Didn't Noe know as well? She knew she had to give Shinichiro to Hiromi and move on.

Quote:
Jun left the city becuz he wanted to work, but it was just an escape becuz his sister didn't think that way he did about them
I don't feel bad for Jun. He didn't runaway either because he has to get over his sister complex and the only way to do that is to get away from her.

Quote:
Noe's end is sad, too
she believed in Shinichiro and in the end, she has to give him away
Although Noe would have liked to have Shinichiro, she understood that Shinichiro cared for Hiromi before he ever met her.

Quote:
Aiko ended up with Myokichi although it seemed to me that she's still in love with Shinichiro
Aiko may care for Shinichiro, but she has a great guy (even though he got shafted, he stuck it out) with her. And not to be mean, but she got what she deserved for agreeing to go out with a friend of the guy you like.

Quote:
it's sad that there are always ppl left with a bad ending in romance animes >.<
That's not always true, but it is inevitable in most cases. The best way for romance drama is to have a shape (ie: love triangle) and that is going to leave someone alone.
Old 2009-09-10, 16:09   Link #69
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

well, everybody has his own views about things^^
I don't want to argue about the ending of every character, it just seemed to me that not everybody has got his satisfying ending
Old 2009-09-10, 17:00   Link #70
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
well, everybody has his own views about things^^
I don't want to argue about the ending of every character, it just seemed to me that not everybody has got his satisfying ending
Yeah, not everyone can get a happy ending but it was a great anime none the less. I'll be watching it many more times in the future.
Old 2009-09-10, 20:00   Link #71
foxy12

The ending was good for everyone ,Noe got a happy ending ..
foxy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 20:50   Link #72
foxy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Aiko may care for Shinichiro, but she has a great guy (even though he got shafted, he stuck it out) with her. And not to be mean, but she got what she deserved for agreeing to go out with a friend of the guy you like.

Both got shafted really .You see ,Ai was there to teach a moral lesson .The writer wanted both her and Nobuse to feel less a bout themselves .He wanted Ai to try more just so he can screw her ...

If you focus more ,you wouid noticed that she made the most mistakes in this show ..

Sephiroth_760 has a point a bout Ai though -It felt more like a Nobuse ending and not hers and the drama CD proves that Ai still feels guilty ..
foxy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 15:11   Link #73
achirist

I just rewatched this series, and I remembered how much I adore it! Shin is an incredible male lead, so sensitive, expressive, and realistically done. I love how this show featured so accurately the tension, awkwardness, and lack of feeling that sometimes exists in teenage 'relationships' such as that between #4 and Hiromi. It also shows so much extremely touching, genuine affection between Noe and Shin--and pent up with creative energy that is so inspiring. I love Shin's artistic narration, and though I don't really agree with him going for Hiromi in the end, it just shows that at that point in his life he was more ready to go for the messed up girl. But I don't fault him for anything; he is beautiful, and boys are not 100% responsible for the romantic feelings of the opposite sex.

It was interesting how Jun/Noe served as a shadow for Shin/Hiromi, showing a darker side to things, just as Aiko served as the inappropriate/awkward/messed up childhood friend crush. I also loved how they showed the incredibly tense family situation, including the despicable mother venting her jealousies of a dead women on a vulnerable young orphan girl. The art/animation and music were just perfect; this show cannot go wrong!
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 05:10   Link #74
BradF
Evac
*IT Support

I absolutely loved the animation in this anime. When watching something the visual's are what keep me. Textures need to be smooth and not dull (This can vary). Un-like most drama based shows you really connect with what happens at least for me. I got emotional at certain points

Its very worthy of a watch.
BradF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 15:51   Link #75
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradF View Post
I absolutely loved the animation in this anime. When watching something the visual's are what keep me. Textures need to be smooth and not dull (This can vary). Un-like most drama based shows you really connect with what happens at least for me. I got emotional at certain points

Its very worthy of a watch.
yes it is^^

just at certain points?

later in the series I was emotional all the time xD
Old 2009-12-01, 02:40   Link #76
BradF
Evac
*IT Support

Quote:
yes it is^^

just at certain points?

later in the series I was emotional all the time xD
I can agree at the end they happened almost constantly >_> haha
BradF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 17:05   Link #77
Topspin

I wasn't that impressed by True Tears, but it was short enough and had enough of an ending to make it worth watching. It falls apart around episode 9, where the various faults and weak characterization became too apparent for me. It was a decent attempt at a "realistic" highschool romance anime, but it never really felt satisfying.

The characters were poorly-defined, and mostly boring. Shinichirou starts off feeling a bit like Naota from FLCL, but by the end he could have been replaced by a plank of wood with "player goes here" written on it. What the girls see in him is beyond me. The girls themselves have barely any life or personality, except Noe (who's personality seems conveniently malleable). I suppose these problems exist because the anime avoided most standard characterization cliches, but didn't replace them with something that would serve a similar purpose (like backstory).

The character interactions were often tedious, especially due to constantly repeating this classic situation: X asks or tells Y something important, Y doesn't hear it or ignores it, and X decides to drop the subject. Without confrontation the show begins to feel artificially prolonged and loses it's realism. By episode 9, it's become obnoxious, and it feels like the writers themselves realized this and decided to wrap things up by finally choosing a direction.

At least there is a suitable ending, and not a terrible one. Because of that, and the fact that it's short, True Tears is worth the watch. It has nice production values, but this isn't the type of anime where those can easily cover it's characterization flaws. It's saved by being smart enough to not be too lengthy, and by having enough dignity to avoid most cliches while not being too melodramatic. I'll round it up to 7/10.
Topspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 23:43   Link #78
wingman32x

I loved this series. Where to begin...

First of all, I loved the animation/art. The still shots were incredible and I loved the little effects they used in the animation. This especially becomes apparent during the festival episodes (Eps 11-13, I believe).

I also really liked the music they used in this series. Every tune fit the scene it was in perfectly. My favorite music in this series was the sad/mellow piano music they played during the sad/depressing moments. The beauty of the music in this series is that every moment was made more emotional due to the music. I know that's the job of the music in the first place, but few series pull of this effect as much as True Tears IMO.

The characters in this series were great. Shin was a great male lead and was a refreshing change from the indecisive idiots that these types of series tend to offer. Noe was something special. I absolutely adored her character. Her personality was so odd and unique, it was great. Noe was by far the best character in this series. Hiromi filled her archetype well, I guess. I kind of didn't like her based off something she said at the end of the series, but I'll get to that later. Aiko was a great character IMO. I really felt for her and her hidden feelings twords shin.

Now, I really want to give my opinion on the ending. I'll say it right now, Noe should have won. I felt that she connected with Shin more and I, as a viewer, connected with Noe a lot More than Hiromi. Plus I didn't care to much for Hiromi's cold attitude at times. For example, during the festival when she basically told Noe to go screw herself. I honestly couldn't believe that she said it that bluntly. That scene alone made me slightly dislike her. And even though she apologized to Shin about her behavior later, that scene left a bad taste in my mouth that never went away.

Overall, True Tears was an amazing series with excellent art and music, believable characters, and a great plot. Overall, I give it a 9.5/10.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 06:42   Link #79
morphex

Hello, i just watched the anime and it was very good but too bad its only 13 episodes. I finished them quickly and now i dont have anything to watch right now,

so I want to ask if someone can recommend me similar anime? (maybe with happier ending then TT have

thx
morphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 07:56   Link #80
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
The characters in this series were great. Shin was a great male lead and was a refreshing change from the indecisive idiots that these types of series tend to offer. Noe was something special. I absolutely adored her character. Her personality was so odd and unique, it was great. Noe was by far the best character in this series. Hiromi filled her archetype well, I guess. I kind of didn't like her based off something she said at the end of the series, but I'll get to that later. Aiko was a great character IMO. I really felt for her and her hidden feelings twords shin.
Noe & Shinichirou were nice changes from the typical characters indeed. She really brought a unique humor to the first half of the series as well.

Quote:
Now, I really want to give my opinion on the ending. I'll say it right now, Noe should have won. I felt that she connected with Shin more and I, as a viewer, connected with Noe a lot More than Hiromi. Plus I didn't care to much for Hiromi's cold attitude at times. For example, during the festival when she basically told Noe to go screw herself. I honestly couldn't believe that she said it that bluntly. That scene alone made me slightly dislike her. And even though she apologized to Shin about her behavior later, that scene left a bad taste in my mouth that never went away.
I'm a rare Hiromi shipper. You have to remember, she lost her family and is put in a house with a woman who scorns her. Unlike Noe, she doesn't put on a big smile to hide her sadness. And the way she told Noe to back off was awesome. I kind of wish it happened earlier, because that's a great declaration of war, but by that time it was too late for a real war.

I'm gonna have to watch this a third time now.