Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-05, 07:18   Link #11001
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And so, the end illuminates the simple truth: Seo is an incredibly gifted artist... and a lousy, inconsistent storywriter. Why can't someone who actually knows how to construct proper stories team up with Seo for the illustrations? Now THAT would be great.
A mangaka whose latest work is arguably worse than his previous ones and yet managed to make it to 260+ chapters? Who has 2 anime adaptations to his name? Yeah, no chance in hell he's sharing his pie with someone else. But at least this means there's more quality boobs from Seo in the foreseeable future.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 08:10   Link #11002
Mentar
Banned

Blue-kun: Wouldn't you agree that these are slightly helpless constructed justifications? Do they _really_ convince you? If you're honest, weren't you just every bit as "WTF" slaw-jacked as we were when they did this train station breakup?

For YEARS, Haruto has been pursuing Yuzuki relentlessly. And now, all it takes is 1.5 chapters to DUMP her on a whim (not even premeditated?)

Ever since they got together, Yuzuki had been 100% Haruto-minded. And now, in an unexpected shock announcement on a train station, she is dumped by Haruto, and she doesn't even try to properly find out why? And to see if a breakup can't be avoided somehow?

Nothing from Rin? Nothing from his other friends? For 18 months? Really?

Sorry, this is completely unrealistic. I've spent countless hours defending characters in the show _against_ criticism of unrealistically behaving like total retards in the past, but THIS is total BS. It would have required AT LEAST 2 more chapters of growing trouble and major agonizing to justify this twist, and EVEN THEN I'd have had a hard time swallowing it. But this "oh by the way, let's break up"... urgh.

Well, w/e. I'll have to suck it up.

ID555: Well, you make a good point. But I can dream, can I? ^_^;
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 08:14   Link #11003
liemtodaisu

What's done is done now I guess? I remember a case from CLANNAD's Tomoyo's route, where Tomoya broke up with Tomoyo for a while cause he doesn't want to hold her dream back and something like that then went back together again. But that's kinda off a different point since Tomoya's just a high-schooler back then. Anyway, only 1 or 2 chapters left then we're done with this.
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 08:48   Link #11004
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

That's why I keep saying "Don't add drama when it's not needed." And that's not only due to my whimsy attitude to 99 % of fictional drama in romance genres .
The drama scenario was - for me - more than pathetic and failing during 99 % of the Tôkyô arc, during the short part with her father(?) being against them moving together, unless I'm mixing mangas up, and from what I've read the final drama to forcibly increase the good-ending impact or whatever its purpose should be.

They have been happy up to that point? Let them be and have them find another way to combine relationship and carrer (more or less). This is fiction, so while realism in a nomal shorom can be nice using it to bring drama makes me want to hit my head against the keyboard. Chances are that a non-drama resolution may be more boring/lame or whatever, but to find an ultimate perfect solution must be impossible. There's almost always something which doesn't suit one's personal taste, myself included.
Old 2014-02-05, 09:14   Link #11005
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Mentar: I'm being honest here! haha. I definitely felt WTF'd at the sudden break up, because at the time I thought Haruto was going to quit his job and move back with her, or have her come over, instead of what happened. I mentioned Adachi's character before, but before these last few chapters, I always thought of her as someone who Haruto would use as an example of what NOT to do. Turns out I was mistaken, however, and he took what he heard in the complete opposite way, further strenghtning his resolve to act the way he did.

Putting that together, along with all the pressure that's piled up on the guy lately and how their latest encounters have all been just painful memories of Yuzuki appearing to be hurt, I can understand/forgive him for acting the way he did there. And honestly, the way he handled it, forcing a smile, almost came as a cry for help, because I really do believe that if Yuzuki had intervened back then, told him herself that she wouldn't let go, he'd have proposed.

Which brings us to her. I don't think she needed to be told exactly why it happened. I feel as if she's pretty much aware that it was her forcing herself to go there every other week without taking good care of her health that put Haruto against the wall ultimately. And when he said that, she just acted in what one would expect of Yuzuki by now. Understanding it and accepting, and putting herself through more pain if it means that others can be "happy". It was like that with Kazama, it was like that when she said she was going to disappear from Haruto's life so that he could move on and in several other instances.

As for their friends, I'm not sure would have meddled, since I don't think Yuzuki is very close to any of them on her own nowadays. Rin, on the other hand, might just have been held off by Yuzuki herself. If she's "okay" with waiting and didn't feel the need to go after Haruto, I'd expect her to have talked things over with her sister. Although that is one point that I would actually like to see Seo address in the final chapter.

Anyhow, at this point I guess we can just agree to disagree over this. Mind you, it's not that I can't see where you (and most other people) are coming from, but I felt that 260 did a good enough job at bringing these two very weird people together, even though they've always been messing up despite meaning well by their actions. Each time they think about the other and ignore themselves in the process, it felt like things would go wrong and they'd end up being apart. Still, in spite of all that, it seems that Yuzuki's devotion in the end will actually allow them to finally get together, and I thought it was just a pretty sweet scene anda good way to end things. It's unrealistic, yes, but I only think so if I'm going by the eyes of what is "normal" for most people. After all the weird ways these two have acted in the past, what happened seems strangely fitting for them.

Plus, I guess I'm also just a sucker for happy endings. (:

P.S: Sorry if anything ended up sounding weird, I'm typing this in the middle of a work break and sometimes people talk to me and... yeah, lol.
Old 2014-02-05, 10:52   Link #11006
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
To me, more than "choosing his job over Yuzuki", the one thing he considered all along was Yuzuki's happiness. He could quit his job and move back to Tokyo, but then would that have made Yuzuki happy? Even if he denies it, in the end he'd be abandoning something she saw he fought quite hard to get just to make sure she'd be fine. Knowing Yuzuki, she wouldn't be happy with that. Could he have asked her to move in with him? Sure, and as Haruto himself said, he was sure she'd have agreed, but he probably thinks it's an incredibly selfish thing to do. Besides, it's not as if he broke up on his own. He asked her, and she, timidly, agreed to it. There was nothing stopping her from going after him, not agreeing to it easily or anything. And honestly, knowing how much she means to Haruto, had she pressed on the matter a bit more, do you think he'd have the heart to go with it? I quite doubt it myself. Of course, it's going to hurt at first, but just like Haruto had a job to focus on, so did Yuzuki, and time would properly heal both of them and leave a good memory behind.
I just wish they had this kind of thinking at the Kazama arc. If they had understood they would bring sadness and hardship to each other just by being together moved on, many people would have been saved from those retarded dramas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
I'm not really denying being with her was his priority or anything, however I just disagree on how senseless it was for him to actually do the opposite this time around. Throughout the entire story he tried to be with her and had it as his priority, but even then things ended up not turning out okay for whatever reason. Then he's forced into making a choice and most likely didn't have it in him to selfishly ask for her to drop her work as a teacher in order to move in with him. She'd most likely accept it, of course, but if things turned out badly again, chances are she'd be hurt - even more so than usual, and now with other feelings such as guilt and what not mixed into the recipe.
Going by this logic, anytime they being together, even now, things can always turn bad and they will end up hurting each other because as a rule of thumb, every time they're at each other's side, something bad tends to happen. For example, in the future, Haruto may have to move to somewhere far away due to his job or one of them may has a fatal disease and so on. So the best solution is they staying separated for the rest of their lives.
Old 2014-02-05, 11:03   Link #11007
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Which is exactly why I think this latest break up has some meaning to it. With how it was done, and Yuzuki's (and Haruto's, I guess credit is due for staying 18 months without getting laid with how much the ladies fancy him, lol) actions, there really can be no fear anymore from both sides from fully comitting to their relationship. It really can't matter anymore if they're afraid or whatever, I don't think you can get hit with a more obvious sign of how strong their love for each other is than being separated for almost two years and both of them silently waiting for each other.

As for the Kazama arc, well, they did break up and go their separate ways. It just didn't work out, but that distance ended up ultimately bringing them even closer. Kind of how once again that should be the case.
Old 2014-02-07, 07:22   Link #11008
KNIM

Saw the spoiler image for the last chapter, so predictable.

Kinda crappy end, oh well, at least it's over.

P.S Just saw the whole chapter, there's nothing "incredibly touching" as mentioned in the last page of 260.

Last edited by KNIM; 2014-02-07 at 15:52.
KNIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 07:34   Link #11009
araragi92

I saw that too

Spoiler for last chapter:
araragi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 16:00   Link #11010
akim36

Send a message via AIM to akim36 Send a message via Yahoo to akim36
for those who read the last chapter you prob know this but

Spoiler:
akim36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 01:19   Link #11011
cyberdemon

full raw is out

Spoiler for 261:
Old 2014-02-08, 01:24   Link #11012
Freeter
beyond

Maybe I should add more time skip panels to my bingo card
Old 2014-02-08, 05:30   Link #11013
KNIM

Mina's chapter is out, even it is better than main story but not enough pages to flesh out.
Old 2014-02-08, 05:49   Link #11014
femrilu

''Repost this when a new series is coming out.''
First chapter of Fuuka out and alot of tiles have already been used!
femrilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 07:46   Link #11015
KNIM

Final chapter is out, it's over now.
Old 2014-02-08, 08:06   Link #11016
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

The girl that bumped Eba is the new heroine of Seo's new manga? Anyway, finally this manga has ended!! Woooooooo!
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 08:16   Link #11017
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The ending felt very rushed. However, it did tied loose ends. However, it does disappoint me that how we didn't get to see Haruto progress as a Chef. Well Seo got a new series.

A side note: Their kid is the exact replica of Haruto when he was younger. Japanese manga always seem to make kids the exact replica of one of the parent instead of adding features of both parents. Is it difficult job to draw?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 08:30   Link #11018
KNIM

Akari got even more beautiful in the last chapter.
Old 2014-02-08, 08:31   Link #11019
Diamond English

Haruto: Oi everybody don't forget about the helmet its gonna watch the baseball match with the scooby gang while me and the wife act lovey-dovey.

Haruto/Yuzuki are insensitive buggers. Not happy with killing him off to be together, they always find new ways to NTR Kazama
Diamond English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 09:17   Link #11020
Amario

They got married.
Time skip.
Haruto and Yuzuki have a son named Daiki.
Haruto quits his job and opens a restaurant.....
Everyone returns.

Can safely say best part of this series were the fantasy chapters especially with Rin and Akari. Best heroine Akari.
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life