Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-17, 10:06   Link #1
saku~ya
la~li~lo

When to watch the One Piece Movies / OVA

Hey guys ^^ I just started getting into One Piece, and I really enjoy it so far. I like to watch them all in one sitting. Like with my first 10 episodes I watched them back to back. I noticed that it says that you should watch the first movie after episode 18 I believe. I was wondering if I don't watch it; will I have a problem seeing episode 19 and thereafter ones? Its no big deal for me if its a side sotry and I can get back to it. But is the movie a part of the storyling and will I miss out on a big chunk of One Peice?

Thanks for your help on this ^.~
Old 2003-12-17, 10:46   Link #2
lighter junkie
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by saku~ya
Hey guys ^^ I just started getting into One Piece, and I really enjoy it so far. I like to watch them all in one sitting. Like with my first 10 episodes I watched them back to back. I noticed that it says that you should watch the first movie after episode 18 I believe. I was wondering if I don't watch it; will I have a problem seeing episode 19 and thereafter ones? Its no big deal for me if its a side sotry and I can get back to it. But is the movie a part of the storyling and will I miss out on a big chunk of One Peice?

Thanks for your help on this ^.~
it's definitely a side story, both movies are, so don't worry about it. but watching it now would be better since the movie will fit into the whole setting, it's only like 50 minutes.
Old 2003-12-17, 10:48   Link #3
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Yes, you should see Movie 1 just after episode 18, when Usopp enters the group.

But it's no problem if you see the Movies much later, they aren't part of the storyline after all. They're just side-stories. Just that the 1st Movie's story takes part after Usopp's entrance and before Sanji's entrace. And in the 2nd Sanji's already in the group, the same thing with the 3rd movie, which takes place after the Arabasta arc. But the Movies don't affect the storyline at all.
Old 2003-12-17, 11:09   Link #4
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

they said it all. 2nd movie is better than the 1st i think.
Old 2003-12-27, 08:42   Link #5
NenMaster

When to watch the One Piece Movies / OVA

theres movies and tv specials, does it matter when i watch them, also if anyone know when i should watch them it will be a great help, im already up to ep 40.
Old 2003-12-27, 09:03   Link #6
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NenMaster
anyone know when i should watch them
If you have a look at the AnimeSuki torrent page for One Piece you will see we have the following info
  • View Movie 1 after episode 18.
  • View Special 1, "The Ocean's Bellybutton" after episode 53.
  • View Movie 2, "Adventure on Nejimaki Island" after episode 56.
  • View Movie 2 extra, "Jango's Dance Carnival" after the second movie.
Old 2003-12-27, 16:16   Link #7
NenMaster

ok thanks .
Old 2004-01-20, 20:09   Link #8
Gaara
Bureå

about the movies..

yo.

a fast question.

i have seen to episode 104..
and i have dload all the movies.
so can i see them without getting spoiled?

and the special episode.can i watch that to?

thx
Old 2004-01-20, 20:22   Link #9
Vicious
merely a ghost

You can see up to movie 3 without getting spoiled. Taken from the One Piece FAQ thread, originally posted by Jn183-san:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn183
Add in:
Neko-Factory start subbing One Piece at 110. They are currently at 117. Well, the irc channel stated they only subbed to 116 but it seem many people have the 117 sub verison of N-F. including myself.
Watch Movie 1 after ep 18 (End of Usopp Arc)
Watch Movie 2 after ep 45 (They introduce Sanji in earlier ep but Nami has to be an official member. End of Nami/Arlong Arc. So, best after ep 45)
Watch Movie 3 after ep 95 or so (That is after No Name Country/Choppa Arc. Well, Vivi wasn't in there so maybe after ep 129 but before 130. This a mess up movie)
Watch Movie 4 after ep 130 (End of Arabasta Arc)
Old 2004-02-01, 12:17   Link #10
Pacote-San

Help a Newbie in ONE PIECE [Movie, Ova order!]

Well i friend of mine told me there ONE PIECE was a must see aniume..

i am finishing downloading all the good stuff and want to know a few things...

I watch, naruto, gungrave, Fullmetal Alchemist, Chrno Crusade etc...

One piece is about what?

In what ORDER i should what the moives, ovas especials etc

thanks!
Old 2004-02-01, 12:22   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Read this thread!! It should answer all your questions. Post in that thread for your further questions or curiousities about this series.
Old 2004-02-01, 15:37   Link #12
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Yeah how many more threads like this are we gonna get before a mod will actually sticky the one piece faq thread like we asked.
Old 2004-02-01, 15:40   Link #13
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Seriously the mods ignore this forum.... we wouldnt have all these useless threads if they would sticky it.

btw: Pacote-San we're not saying its ur fault.
Old 2004-02-01, 15:50   Link #14
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
btw: Pacote-San we're not saying its ur fault.
Kinda reminds me of that one military saying "We're not saying you did it. We're just blaming you."

Yeah, we need a sticky for some of this stuff, including the FAQ thread. Someone needs to also be responsible for that FAQ thread. Cause I know the mods don't want to be. Or can't. Not sure which.
Old 2004-02-01, 21:33   Link #15
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

im guessing 99% if not all of the mods, know less about one piece than any noobs on the one piece forum.... or so it seems. I wonder if the mods/admin will get pissed if we nominate vicious to be ONe Piece forum mod.... i mean we need a mod here.
Old 2004-02-02, 02:21   Link #16
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Read this thread!! It should answer all your questions. Post in that thread for your further questions or curiousities about this series.
Problem is that list is false. If you pay attention to movie 2, zoro has his new swords, and ussop has his goggles. Therefore they should go after the loguetown arc, or even in the grand line. It was after all mentioned that due to the seclusion of the grand line, many islands developed individually, some were prehistoric (little garden) and some were of great technological achievement. Clockwork island was certainly a fine example of that.

If you ask me, despite it being one detour after another, just lump special 1, movie/special 2 all after loguetown. Since in the oceans naval special, the afformentioned goggles and swords were present.
Old 2004-02-02, 02:35   Link #17
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
Problem is that list is false. If you pay attention to movie 2, zoro has his new swords, and ussop has his goggles. Therefore they should go after the loguetown arc, or even in the grand line. It was after all mentioned that due to the seclusion of the grand line, many islands developed individually, some were prehistoric (little garden) and some were of great technological achievement. Clockwork island was certainly a fine example of that.

If you ask me, despite it being one detour after another, just lump special 1, movie/special 2 all after loguetown. Since in the oceans naval special, the afformentioned goggles and swords were present.
Well its right on the episode guide at least. Just not on the when to watch the movies paragraph.
Old 2004-02-02, 03:24   Link #18
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:

well when should u watch movie 3? It doesnt have Vivi so it should be after arabasta, but they dont have Robin. You cant really say that its after Arabasta and they have an adventure, appear back on arabasta coast in 1 sec (forget everything) and find Robin.
Old 2004-02-02, 10:07   Link #19
Vicious
merely a ghost

Well, guess I'll have to help again
Take from the K-F irc channel:

- Movie 1 aired between Episodes 18 and 19
- Movie 2 and Special 1[/b] between Episodes 52 and 53
- Movie 3 aired between Episodes 102 and 103
- Special 2 aired between Episodes 149 and 150
- Movie 4 aired between Episodes 146 and 147
- Special 3 aired between Episodes 174 and 175

Maybe people will find wrong Movie 3 aired between episodes 102 and 103, since Vivi isn't in the Movie, but she is in the anime (102-103 are from the Arabasta arc). I may recall you all that the movies don't affect the storyline, that's why Vivi isn't in Movie 3; only Chopper and the rest. And about the OVA, I'm not sure, since there's no info in the K-F channel.
Old 2004-02-02, 18:19   Link #20
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Problem is that list is false.
I must confess that I myself didn't even follow that list. I watched the series upto episode 69 and then saw the first two movies and have yet to see the first special. It had nothing to do with Bremm's episode guide. I usually avoid movies or special to any series since they tend to be crappy. Unfortunately, that week I was extremely bored and had nothing to do. But that is not even the problem. The porblem is, this thread shouldn't even exist. If the author of this thread was a little observant, he/she might have noticed the other aptly-titled thread. Granted, the information in that thread might not have been as accurate as Vicious's newly acquired one on the episode guide; but the info still is sound enough to give a new viewer to this series some ideas of how to follow One Piece's episodes/movies to a certain extent. I thinks that is the expressed sentiment for most of the posters in this thread.

On a side note, I wonder if Bremm would mind adding this new info on how to follow the episode which appears to be more accurate.
Closed Thread