AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-03, 10:40   Link #1
jUkUmI

Talking Hunter X or One Peice

Which one do you like better... One Piece or Hunter X Hunter?
From 1 to 10 (10 being the best and 1 worst)

Animation:
Story:
Entertainment:
Overall:

Comments:

Last edited by jUkUmI; 2004-02-03 at 17:56.
Old 2004-02-03, 12:04   Link #2
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

u spelled One Piece wrong

oh and many of us here think One Piece is the greatest anime... so do i. 10/10 overall
Old 2004-02-03, 13:01   Link #3
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece One Piece
Old 2004-02-03, 13:04   Link #4
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Why this forum is the one who gets the majority of stupid threads? VS. threads, no one like them, and this is one of them.

Please, is there any mod to close this thread?

PS. And it's Hunter x Hunter, not Hunter X.

Last edited by Vicious; 2004-02-03 at 16:46.
Old 2004-02-03, 15:30   Link #5
ChunYin
Smooth Grooves

as it seems like u guys are comparing the two anime's, am i right in thinking that One Piece is a similar type of anime as Hunter X?

I've seen Hunter X (the majority of it) and am currently wondering which anime i should download next. One Piece looks appealing but i don't really know what its about. Anybody mind telling me while they vote?

Thanks in advance ^^

Chun
Old 2004-02-03, 15:59   Link #6
wnkryo
HainShodan

Since this is a One Piece forum, then oviously most of the people here will vote for One Piece intsead of Hunter X Hunter.
Old 2004-02-03, 17:20   Link #7
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Well in a lot of ways the anime's are kind of similar yet different too. A bit hard to judge but overall One Piece is better. Anyhow, like Vicious said, this thread is pointless.
Old 2004-02-03, 17:56   Link #8
jUkUmI

I'm just asking...
sorry for the errors
Old 2004-02-03, 18:41   Link #9
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

well i will help you

One Piece is about a boy named Luffy he lives in a great pirate age and his goal is becoming 'Pirate King'.He meets his crew on his way and he takes on many andventures.Its a masterpiece of anime.Action comedy you all have it.So start downloading best way getting it from mirc or dc++.
Old 2004-02-03, 22:46   Link #10
LVO

This is the absolute worst place to ask for an objective opinion on which anime you should watch. Obviously a good, hearty majority is going to say One Piece. You are in the One Piece forum.
Old 2004-02-04, 10:28   Link #11
mightyme

firstly a note on animation... everytime someone lists criteria and they put art but not animation I have to state this.. art and animation are 2 different things.... a series can have detaield and beautiful art and horrid animation, or vice versa.... so I added the art(detail) criteria

HXH:
Animation: varies, at greed island I would say 8
Art(detail): at current about 7-8, manga varies way too much (3-9)
Story: from the manga 10, from the anime 8
Entertainment: from the manga 9-10, from the anime 9
Overall: not an average manga-9, anime-8

Comments: probably my favorite manga series, and a descent anime to boot that ahs gotten better with the most recent OAV

One Piece:
Animation: about 8, very good for TV
Art(detail): anime-7, manga-8
Story: pretty good, and close in both manga and anime... 8-9
Entertainment: manga-8, anime-10
Overall:not an average manga-7-8, anime-8-9

Comments: oddly enough I far prefer the aniem to the manga... I think it's just Luffy.... he is so hillarious in the anime, funny in the manga, but his comedic timing in the anime is perfect... other thigns to note.... the art is good but ODD, the characters look weird, and it take s abit to get used to... but soon you begin to respect the creativity in the art
Old 2004-02-04, 17:58   Link #12
NenMaster

i rate hxh over all animes/manga

infinity/infinity for hxh :P
8-9/10 for OP
Old 2004-02-04, 20:05   Link #13
a_nevels666

I feel One Piece is aimed at a slightly younger audience than Hunter x Hunter. Both series are good, but I like Hunter x Hunter better.
Old 2004-02-05, 02:39   Link #14
mightyme

I think what i really LOVE abotu HXH is that it sues my 2 favorite genres...

comming of age fantasy (like naruto, or even harry potter)

and horror.... some don;t see the horror influence.. it's nto a serial killer storyline... or obsessive gore so mucha s it is a cold hearted touch.. like when killua kileld those 2 guys in the hunter exam, or when hisoka was walkign aroudn carying that guys head, or when those bug things kileld and ate and then talked about with great joy over the flavor... a young brother and sister... the brother tried to protect hsi sister but they were both eaten.... it was a really cold hearted thing.. but it made the danger of the series all that more aparant.. sadly, alot of this is missing or tamed in the anime
Closed Thread