AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-04-15, 11:13   Link #61
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

Quote:
I think that while Horo is certainly messing with Lawrences' head a fair amount of the time, it's not due to maliciousness, but because it's her only real form of entertainment. That and food. But it's been shown that Lawrence needed a companion (boy, does that word make me think of Dr. Who), so they both get something. I'm interested in what Horo did before now, some of which was hinted at in episode 4.
Agreed, Horo gets a huge kick out of exerting her dominance over Lawrence (and seeing the "cute" expression on Lawrence's face that always results from it), but adores him all the same.

If I'm not mistaken, a major portion of volume 7 of the light novel is dedicated to exploring Horo's past.
judgment26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 22:40   Link #62
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Yay! (->this segment inserted to fulfill the 10 character requirement.)
Old 2008-04-16, 07:53   Link #63
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

Eh...I almost thought what I said would come to mean bad news for you 0.0...after all, unless someone volunteers to do so, there are currently no translators working on volume 7 that I know of, and there probably won't be for quite a long time to come (until volumes 1-6 are finished, that is)...

Of course, if you can read Japanese or Chinese, then that's a whole n'other story.
Old 2008-04-16, 10:35   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgment26 View Post
Eh...I almost thought what I said would come to mean bad news for you 0.0...after all, unless someone volunteers to do so, there are currently no translators working on volume 7 that I know of, and there probably won't be for quite a long time to come (until volumes 1-6 are finished, that is)...

Of course, if you can read Japanese or Chinese, then that's a whole n'other story.
It's a sad but true fact. But the good things in the world are worth waiting for.
Old 2008-04-16, 15:01   Link #65
Blank-Mage

Well, it's not like I could skip ahead 4 books, eh? Just knowing that it's addressed is enough.
Old 2008-05-01, 19:23   Link #66
iXenomorph
Anime Addicted

Send a message via MSN to iXenomorph
I love her ears, lol. They're really expressive. When she's sad, they droop...awwww!!!! *dies*
Old 2008-08-17, 15:51   Link #67
typhonsentra

Both of their characters are well-suited for eachother, it makes the relationship believable. They both understand the other's sense of humor and will play along.

I also like how she almost breaks the fourth wall from time to time, referencing what the audience's expectations are in romantic scenes, giving Lawrence a "Second chance".
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 16:02   Link #68
salv87
Can't think of a title^_^

BTW, somehow Horo loos more like a fox than a wold.. must be because of her great fluffy tail ^_^
she seems similar to Youko from Inukami if we compare tails, but Horo has more of character ^_^
salv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 17:21   Link #69
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
True. She looks more of a fox than a wolf. Too bad that Youko from Inukami does not a character to remember. Comparing her to Horo is the same as comparing a puddle to Atlantic Ocean. But they are similar in looks.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 18:13   Link #70
salv87

well maybe not a puddle.. a lake ^_^ Youko does reming me of Louise from ZnT with her tsundere part ^_^ But still I pointed out what I had in mind.. Horo being more similar to a fox.. ^_^ Further more she's sly and cunning.. so thatmakes even more fox-like in my eyes ^_^

Last edited by salv87; 2008-08-18 at 02:39.
Old 2008-08-22, 14:59   Link #71
typhonsentra

Why doesn't Horo choose to pursue a relationship with another immortal? Do they ever discuss this in the later books?
Old 2008-08-22, 17:54   Link #72
salv87

the problem is that as I understand,for Now they haven't found another immmortal, well at least a MALE one..
Maybe even if they found any.. theywould be too arrogant, too young or smth like that, which makes Horo not wanting to comunicate with them..
Spoiler for anime, ep 12 or 13:

Or maybe, knowing her character (actually not knowing would be more like it..), she is just more interested in how things turn out.. since eternal life can prove to be boring even when there's 2 living together.. and since humans dont have such a life span, their life in the eyes of long'livers would befull of activities.. which makes them more interesting..

That would be my answer
Old 2008-08-22, 21:44   Link #73
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

Quote:
Why doesn't Horo choose to pursue a relationship with another immortal? Do they ever discuss this in the later books?
Actually, the issue is in fact addressed at some later point.

And I have to agree that Horo appears more like a fox than a wolf. After all, orange foxes are common, but I've never seen an orange wolf before....
Old 2008-08-23, 04:25   Link #74
salv87

Quote:

And I have to agree that Horo appears more like a fox than a wolf. After all, orange foxes are common, but I've never seen an orange wolf before....
Judge, you're creating unnecessary suspense ^_^

orange wolfs.. maybesome kind of desert wolves.. ^_^ But I think they meant her to be a brown or light brown which would be maybe a bit more common..
wolf 1
the so called Redwolf 1
Red wolf 2, colour is somewhat similar I guess..
These wolves are most commonly found on the North American continent

But the beatiful fluffy tail.. mm.. just like a fox ^_^
Old 2008-08-23, 06:02   Link #75
typhonsentra

Quote:
I suspected as much. You do realize that you made the wait for the next volume/volumes even harder right?
Old 2008-08-23, 06:47   Link #76
salv87

At least you shouldhave made spoiler tags with a warning ^_^
Old 2008-08-23, 08:01   Link #77
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

Well, I considered doing so, but I didn't think it was THAT much of a spoiler....@.@
Old 2008-08-23, 08:09   Link #78
salv87

well..it's not THAT much of aspoiler.. it more like a that much of an appetizer..
I think that a few more of those and you can count on us trying to make you start your transalations of v4 ^_^
Old 2008-08-23, 19:32   Link #79
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
I loved Horo. A character like her I have never quite seen before. It was her who compelled me to watch the next episode more than anything else, not to say that everything else was bad though. You've all said most of the reasons why she is love. So elegant, so complex, strong but still (ironically) human.

She struck me more as a wolf than a fox, probably because most Japanese fox girls have yellow fur, black-tipped ears, and occasionally slim eyes. There are too many fox girls anyway.

Spoiler for And...:

I don't entirely see where the tsundere label for Horo came from. I admit I'm a little intolerant as to what defines a tsundere because of how carelessly the label seems to be passed out lately. She seems too level-headed and a little too confident with (most of) her own feelings to be what I consider a tsundere. I also didn't find her very moe...she actually seemed more like an original character first, and an archetype second. Totally nothing wrong with that.
Kagami~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 22:10   Link #80
Blank-Mage

For the record, what is a tsundere again?