AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 13.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 36.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 38.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-17, 11:08   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
In anime someone, who is like brother, sister or mentor to the main character, dies.
Ummm~... I won't say it never happened before, but I haven't seen such an example enough times to actually find just being related as a death flag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Spoiler:
Wasn't the door just touch-activated? Unlike Selvaria, it's not like she did anything special like cut her hand or anything...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-05-17, 11:25   Link #22
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ummm~... I won't say it never happened before, but I haven't seen such an example enough times to actually find just being related as a death flag...

Wasn't the door just touch-activated? Unlike Selvaria, it's not like she did anything special like cut her hand or anything...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I've PMed you the answer.
Thanks man!

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Old 2009-05-17, 11:37   Link #23
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
... who is like ...
In anime someone, who acts like he or she would be(not related by blood) or is(by blood) a brother, sister, mentor to the main character, has a death flag, because their death makes cry not only the main character, but also the audience and also makes the main character change something in his life.
Old 2009-05-17, 12:50   Link #24
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Spoiler for Stuff:
It makes sense. She isn't as close to Welkin in the anime as she was in the game, so no wonder if she does not show much worry about him in that situation, and can have a nice chit-chat with someone who is more interesting to her (Faldio) instead.

I would still guess that she is probably talking about Welkin when she blushes. At least I'd like to think so, but it could really be just heartful talk.

Well on a beter note, at least they are not hugging or anything like that.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-05-17 at 13:55.
Old 2009-05-17, 14:05   Link #25
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
An "alright" episode for me really...it was very slow and relaxed and then they going into some history...
Selvaria still wins bucket loads and so damn gar when she cut her hand like that without letting out a squeak

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-05-17, 15:09   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Selvaria still wins bucket loads and so damn gar when she cut her hand like that without letting out a squeak
Who wouldn't give out a sqeak which cutting their finger like that? Give girls who actually would a credit, i mean not all of them are built up soldiers like Selvaria.
Old 2009-05-17, 19:37   Link #27
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Is it me, or is the series trying a little hard to portray Selvaria as someone "inhuman"? I mean, balancing all that we know about her (from the anime and game), it's as if she's some kind of doll, as compared to a real person.
Old 2009-05-18, 03:33   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Is it me, or is the series trying a little hard to portray Selvaria as someone "inhuman"? I mean, balancing all that we know about her (from the anime and game), it's as if she's some kind of doll, as compared to a real person.
That's how she's supposed to be displayed, as a warrior and not a woman. You only get a little tiny bit of insight into her background in the game, so thankfully the DLC that was released a little while ago showed us a lot more.
Old 2009-05-19, 07:49   Link #29
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

So does this ep have any Welkin showing off his genious moments?

He reminds me of Dr. House...if any of you watch that show...always thinking about something else or on some other train of thought...then BAM! Gets an epiphany and solves the problem...

Sounds like none of that here though
Old 2009-05-19, 16:07   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

We so need a 4-koma or something that has Gregor accepting Jaeger's offer.
Old 2009-05-19, 17:52   Link #31
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Yes, I do want to know what can happen if Gregor said "Yes." Hmmm....

And to those who are wondering about Ramal, he has a surname.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-05-19, 18:46   Link #32
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Mmm ok I'm in the same boat as S_B on this one...We went from WWII to mysticism and magically operated doors?

I'd ask for explanations, but I'm fairly certain they'd all involve giant spoilers so I'll just go with it for now...I did enjoy the fact that Alicia calmed down abit this episode finally with it looking like others taking up her Tsundere responsibilities this time round.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-05-19, 21:20   Link #33
kalbron

Finally saw the episode. Half way through I was wondering how they managed to insert game-Alicia into the anime with barely any notice, but eventually her stupid tsundere anime version reasserted itself once the male tsundere left the group. Maybe they're following the conservation of ninjutsu principle except with tsunderes?

... really though, Barious doesn't need three episodes, and it's clearly looking like next episode will be slow as well.
Old 2009-05-19, 22:08   Link #34
lfb

What are the personality differences between characters in the game and anime? I didn't know there was even a difference until I read the previous comments.
Old 2009-05-19, 22:17   Link #35
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

First off, Alicia's more quiet, along with Faldio.
Old 2009-05-19, 22:44   Link #36
Runty

Time for my subbed review.
Spoiler for Episode 7, subbed:
A lot of exchanges of philosophy in this one. Definitely a plot-development episode. Not much to talk about.
Old 2009-05-20, 00:58   Link #37
Solecs

Overall I thought it was a good episode, glad to see Alicia not acting like an airhead finally. She was a bit more like her game self this episode. Can't say there was a lot of character development though, but they do get into some of the history that will be important later on.

Next episode looks like Faldio and Alicia are getting trapped with each other when the ruins collapse. Flashback scene to Faldio's college days while they're waiting for rescue, hopefully we get to see some Juno action . Welkin also looks a little distressed, I think that's the first time he hasn't been in calm collect mode.

Last edited by Solecs; 2009-05-20 at 01:24.
Old 2009-05-20, 01:09   Link #38
Darknemo2000

i would not call it alicia calming down but rather replacing an anime tsundere Alicia with game Alicia out of sudden. maybe thats where studio's originality reached its limits?
Old 2009-05-20, 02:20   Link #39
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

retarded and unlikeable Ramal is unlikeable and retarded. i just played this part in the game today, so it was cool to see the anime's rendition of it. hopefully Ramal will kick it soon. just too unlikeable. also, not enough of Alicia's funny faces in this one.
Old 2009-05-20, 02:43   Link #40
Darknemo2000

Thats because she seems to be a different Alicia in this episode. Much more like a game one - meaning less comedy (and funny faces due to her tsundere personality) and more brains.
Closed Thread