AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-29, 13:35   Link #6521
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i don't think any of you guys mention but what are the chances of that other girl (the school vp) getting midas?
Old 2010-03-29, 14:44   Link #6522
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Oh, I do believe I said that Aika is next on the list MONTHS~ ago...

@Wrestling discussion

R-R-ROID RAGEEE!! *insert Chris Benoit .gif here*

@leo

Can I join you, onii-chan? :3

*says hi to leo by throwing a hand grenade at him*

Hiiiiiiiii!!!
Old 2010-03-29, 15:25   Link #6523
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Got bore~
*Spoted Rah and Leo*
*Saw Rah and Leo fly 100m/h into the atmosphere*
*Two explosion ocurred*
*Laughing...ha,ha,ha...*
*The end*
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 15:33   Link #6524
New/Old
Old to the New

Urgh. Try to at least lessen the spam a little around here. You might draw ire from the mods.
Old 2010-03-29, 15:34   Link #6525
zero7

how did a-tan still have the ring because during the arc hayate had the ring
zero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 15:57   Link #6526
zodanhko
*ignoring*

We were shown that Hayate found the ring in Athena's room and held it. So, he must had put it back the moment he started searching for her around the castle. Or perhaps, he gave it to her unknowingly to us in chapter 265.
Old 2010-03-29, 16:24   Link #6527
Jiraya2

I am very relieved that A-Tan will be back sooner or later. She did not give up for Hayate and that is the most important fact.
Ok, so, as most of you, I am expecting some developments between Hayate and Hina.

IMO this arc was the best one so far.
And A-tan the cuttest Tsundere so far.

Right, it is incredible how much A-tan and Nagi looks similar.
I think as long Nagi stays a child, nothing can happen between her and Hayate, so, I still consider most likely an ending between Hayate and A-tan, Hina or Maria. IMO, Nagi and Hayate will find out some blood relation so they will end as siblings and not as lovers. But I do not have any proof or evidence for that hypothesis. So, I am most likely wrong ...

Let's imagine Hayate with a Darth Vader's mask saying to Nagi : "I am your ... SISTER!"
Nagi, before fainting: "Noooooooooooooo!!!!"
Hina, Maria, A-tan, Ayumu, and so on : "Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Jiraya2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 16:44   Link #6528
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiraya2 View Post
Let's imagine Hayate with a Darth Vader's mask saying to Nagi : "I am your ... SISTER!"
Hayate already suggested the possibility that they're related, Nagi just dismissed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
We were shown that Hayate found the ring in Athena's room and held it. So, he must had put it back the moment he started searching for her around the castle. Or perhaps, he gave it to her unknowingly to us in chapter 265.
Or maybe it's another ring? Or are noblewomen not allowed to have more than one ring?

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 16:53   Link #6529
hinakatbklyn

(anime unrelated) Hina has shown signs of turning to the Dark side if angry (Yukiji and Hayate know that already).

After everything that has gone on the past number of volumes, if Nagi goes back to writing manga, playing games, etc. thinking that Hayate will not leave her, she won't hold on to Hayate for very long. But Nagi could still end up with Hayate even if she doesn't confess. If their related or not remains to be seen.

If Hina finally decides stop worrying about what anyone else thinks and say what's really on her mind (like confessing to Hayate) if she has any tears left, they will be tears of happiness.

Athena is considered right now to be at the front of the pack as far as the most heartfelt confession from all the girls in the series (and Hayate has at one point or another felt the same way about Athena.) She wants Hayate, follow him back and try to win him over.
Old 2010-03-29, 16:56   Link #6530
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Or maybe it's another ring? Or are noblewomen not allowed to have more than one ring?
It's true that someone as wealthy as Athena could buy any kind and any amount of ring. However, there was no point in showing an insignificance ring with Athena smiling when looking at it sparkling. Moreover, the fact that Athena gave Nagi the empty box which the ring originally resided amplify it's important; there was no reason in giving Nagi something that has no meaning. In this case, the empty box represents Hayate, of course.
Old 2010-03-29, 17:15   Link #6531
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
It's true that someone as wealthy as Athena could buy any kind and any amount of ring. However, there was no point in showing an insignificance ring with Athena smiling when looking at it sparkling. Moreover, the fact that Athena gave Nagi the empty box which the ring originally resided amplify it's important; there was no reason in giving Nagi something that has no meaning. In this case, the empty box represents Hayate, of course.
Empty box, not having the ring. Hayate does.

Looking at sparkling ring, Athena remembering that Hayate gave her a ring in the past and placing a special meaning on rings because of it.

Personally, I place a special importance on T-shirts w/animals on them, so much that it's well known around my friends. I rarely actually wear the originator of such, but I often wear similar pieces that indicate similar feelings.

Giving the box to the master of the holder of that ring is particularly pointed, possibly indicating that she's letting Nagi hold on to the object of importance (Hayate), but hasn't separated him from her feelings.

Possibly her giving Hayate a place to store the ring (properly) while he decides who he wants it to go to.

Also possibly giving Nagi something that she can use as an 'entrance pass' so that she won't be attacked on sight if she returns to Athena to ask for something.

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Old 2010-03-29, 17:41   Link #6532
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
We were shown Hayate held the ring in Athena's room, but it was never indicated that he took it. So, we don't know whether or not he has been carrying with him.

Quote:
Looking at sparkling ring, Athena remembering that Hayate gave her a ring in the past and placing a special meaning on rings because of it.
I didn't realize Athena just turned into a first grader. Placing feelings of an object given by Hayate on another insignificance object that belongs to her. Honestly, even Nagi knows that something given by an important person holds true values because of her unlimited amount of money.

Quote:
Giving the box to the master of the holder of that ring is particularly pointed, possibly indicating that she's letting Nagi hold on to the object of importance (Hayate), but hasn't separated him from her feelings.

Possibly her giving Hayate a place to store the ring (properly) while he decides who he wants it to go to.
If Hayate already had the ring, and the box is the last thing Athena has that belongs to Hayate, then what you are saying doesn't really make sense because she was giving the only possession she has of Hayate away. What feelings does she has of him left?
The only way for your statement to come true is for an important object to reside inside the empty box that Athena doesn't want to give away, just given the box says nothing about Athena still holds feelings for Hayate.

Quote:
Also possibly giving Nagi something that she can use as an 'entrance pass' so that she won't be attacked on sight if she returns to Athena to ask for something.
What? What?

Bastion., to make it short, just quote me and says no if you think otherwise because I don't want to argue over something I think it's so obvious, and you won't change my mind.
Old 2010-03-29, 18:10   Link #6533
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Quote:
We were shown Hayate held the ring in Athena's room, but it was never indicated that he took it. So, we don't know whether he has been carrying with him.
I seem to remember that he had put it in his pocket before going out to try to find Athena.

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't realize Athena just turned into a first grader. Placing feelings of an object given by Hayate on another insignificance object that belongs to her. Honestly, even Nagi knows that something given by an important person holds true values because of her unlimited amount of money.
I think I'm allowed to take umbrage at that first part of the statement. I didn't develop the feelings until college-age. Also, I'm given the impression that rings are given such emphasis is due to this phenomenon. Girls wish to be given a ring, so they like to wear rings.
It's not the object itself (which you might want to keep safe), but the reminders (and placeholders) that are significant.

Quote:
Quote:
If Hayate already had the ring, and the box is the last thing Athena has that belongs to Hayate, then what you are saying doesn't really make sense because she was giving the only possession she has of Hayate away. What feelings does she has of him left?
The picture of him that Mikado sent her was enough to evoke such feelings, and she can always look at her castle and be reminded that Hayate had fought so hard to protect her.

Doubtful that the box was even Hayate's in the first place. She gave him her ring from a box, the ring that was sold didn't have a box. The box itself is likely the one she had been keeping her own ring in before giving it to him.

Quote:
Quote:
What? What?
Hayate was attacked by Machina for trespassing in Athena's garden. If he had been shown some kind of indicator, he probably wouldn't have been.
Also a possible reason why Hayate was attacked by Yukiji for being a trespasser when trying to bring Nagi her lunch when he first came to her school.

I'm not saying that the ideas are no good, just presenting other alternatives.

Old 2010-03-29, 18:17   Link #6534
babohtea

Guys, just drop it. Stop quoting each other; the arguments don't get resolved better this way, and honestly they haven't budged far beyond their initial "parent" comments anyways.

If you stop and the other continues to try to refute every single post your make through directly addressing your quotes, it'll just make the other person seem like an argumentative troll. As of now, almost everybody is guilty (me too).
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 18:33   Link #6535
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
I seem to remember that he had put it in his pocket before going out to try to find Athena.
Then you may want to look again.

Quote:
I think I'm allowed to take umbrage at that first part of the statement. I didn't develop the feelings until college-age. Also, I'm given the impression that rings are given such emphasis is due to this phenomenon. Girls wish to be given a ring, so they like to wear rings.
It's not the object itself (which you might want to keep safe), but the reminders (and placeholders) that are significant.

The picture of him that Mikado sent her was enough to evoke such feelings, and she can always look at her castle and be reminded that Hayate had fought so hard to protect her.
Sure, you can.
Just keeping believing.
For your sake, don't tell people that a woman can just put the feelings of her love one from the ring that he got her for a proposal on a new ring that she bought. It means that you will either think that that woman has no value of the ring of her love one, or that that woman has some mental issues.

Luckily, Athena is neither of those. ^.^

Quote:
Doubtful that the box was even Hayate's in the first place. She gave him her ring from a box, the ring that was sold didn't have a box. The box itself is likely the one she had been keeping her own ring in before giving it to him.
Hayate gave Athena a ring inside a box 10 years ago. Athena's ring had no box, but was in her pocket.

Quote:
Hayate was attacked by Machina for trespassing in Athena's garden. If he had been shown some kind of indicator, he probably wouldn't have been.
Also a possible reason why Hayate was attacked by Yukiji for being a trespasser when trying to bring Nagi her lunch when he first came to her school.
That's unbelievable odd. Makina already asked Hayate to save Athena; there is no reason to attack him.

Quote:
I'm not saying that the ideas are no good, just presenting other alternatives.
Please, next time, if you want to provide an "alternative," don't quote me. So, I won't have to reply.
Not because I don't want to answer you, but I just don't like to go to this area where the world isn't black and white just with the word alternatives.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2010-03-29 at 20:05.
Old 2010-03-29, 20:37   Link #6536
GlassesLady
dat apple

It's really funny. Right now everyone is sure the ring Athene's wearing is the same one Hayate gave her back when they were kids, but go back a few weeks (months?) and you'll find people being entirely sure that Hayate had taken the ring from her room and was going to propose to her with it and that they were going to love each other forever because of it.
And then before that people were somehow entirely sure that Hayate had somehow regained the ring his parents had sold without any indication of this happening in the manga at any point, and that he was going to propose to Athene bla bla bla.
So :P

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 20:54   Link #6537
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I think what you said above are possibilities. Just the words "love forever" is nothing more than thoughts or hopes without evidences, and it is really hard to imagining that someone would "entirely sure" that that will be the case.
Old 2010-03-30, 01:53   Link #6538
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Wait.........
Doesn't Hayate actually HAVE the ring?????
Cause if I remember,
In chapter 252, he was looking for A-tan to GIVE the ring but can't cause she went mad????
Old 2010-03-30, 07:54   Link #6539
ridgezipline

Quote:
hahaha L-O-L! XD
i love the other girls' reaction

Quote:
O____O woah, im surprised that this is even an issue i thought the panels implied it all, so the scene would look as cool as possible and not so melodramatic like the previous chapters...

but who knows right
ridgezipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 08:03   Link #6540
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:
Right, it is incredible how much A-tan and Nagi looks similar.
I think as long Nagi stays a child, nothing can happen between her and Hayate, so, I still consider most likely an ending between Hayate and A-tan, Hina or Maria. IMO, Nagi and Hayate will find out some blood relation so they will end as siblings and not as lovers. But I do not have any proof or evidence for that hypothesis. So, I am most likely wrong ...

And there is me holding ojou from falling and stabbed Hayate to his death.
Other Girls: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tags
comedy, shounen