AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Old 2010-04-02, 08:45   Link #141
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The whole series. The first trailer for the 11 episodes suggested it would be fast-paced and it never was. I guess i always hoped that it would become fast-paced in the films. Even though i doubted it myself, it's still anoying that they would sell the films as fast-paced aswell. I'm tempted to call it false advertisement.
just have to say that almost ALL of advertisement is false. misleading at best.
hmmm, good topic for a new thread...
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 18:28   Link #142
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
the anime series was an epic build up then the first movie was a terrible let down imo.Im pissed because i fucking bought it.*vomits*
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 00:28   Link #143
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
just have to say that almost ALL of advertisement is false. misleading at best.
hmmm, good topic for a new thread...
you mean that advertising can be dishonest ?! Well I for one am shocked and appalled. Shocked and appalled. Hehe.

I am a little confused as to why he was in New York. Can someone please clarify if I understood this correctly?

He was in New York as part of his order to Juiz about becoming king. So they took him to New York as part of the illegitimate child angle?

Did I understand that correctly?
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 23:26   Link #144
lilkirby

Just watched the movie gg subbed.

wow, boring, confusing, lame -_-.

Spoiler for most exciting part and most memorable part of the movie:
lilkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 04:35   Link #145
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Although the film overall was pretty 'meh' I did very much like the scene where Takizawa is trying to remember his past as a kid in New York. He felt so human and it was very touching.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-04-04 at 10:29.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 09:05   Link #146
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I've watched the first movie...
And eventhough i'm saying that it doesnt excite me as the series does, it is a decent movie.
I'm placing my hope on second movie as the finale.

But i'm rather dissapointed when
Spoiler for meh:
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 08:09   Link #147
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Review time. Feedback appreciated.
Spoiler for tl;dr:
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 11:48   Link #148
qwertyuiopz

they crammed a lot into the first movie and the plot is becoming too convenient
a 2nd season would have probably been better than 2 movies
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 11:51   Link #149
idiffer

roriconfan,
Spoiler for question concerning review:
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
Old 2010-04-06, 12:24   Link #150
roriconfan
Banned

^ I didn't want to name characters or machines and the message gets across even without that.
Old 2010-04-07, 21:54   Link #151
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Uhh, we've seen the series for most part and this is the movie thread.
So mentioning names or what happened in episode 11 isn't really a spoiler, not to mention, you stuck it in a spoiler tag

So in short you...
Spoiler for roriconfan rant:

Agreed on the last note you made about an anime that has such great potential but kinda mangled it at the end, well Kamiyama is the sole creator of EotE, so you'd need to snag him for an interview someday (or read all the director interviews in the mags) so perhaps get a better idea of where he was coming from or what he wanted to say.
Alike GITS, I wouldn't be surprised if it was political in someway...

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 01:19   Link #152
roriconfan
Banned

^
Spoiler for reply to Mystique:

I also wander if I should add in the review why was the series rated so high, ie because it was a shitty season when it aired and people found this one refreshing.

Last edited by roriconfan; 2010-04-08 at 04:39.
Old 2010-04-08, 03:38   Link #153
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
I also wander if I should add in the review why was the series rated so high, ie because it was a shitty season when it aired and people found this one refreshing.
You can talk about what Eden of the East was to you, but please don't stray to what you think it was to others.
Old 2010-04-08, 04:37   Link #154
roriconfan
Banned

Oh, so what was it to others? Now that the second movie is about to be seen by most, I get the idea that the above statement I made is the closest for most.
...No, wait, I know what you will reply, a series can be very good even if the story or the characters make no sense. I keep seeing this too orthological. It's like you like reading the book and not what the book is about.
Old 2010-04-08, 05:35   Link #155
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Oh, so what was it to others? Now that the second movie is about to be seen by most, I get the idea that the above statement I made is the closest for most.
...No, wait, I know what you will reply, a series can be very good even if the story or the characters make no sense. I keep seeing this too orthological. It's like you like reading the book and not what the book is about.
That's not really the point now is it.

However much you like to think, your analysis is not absolute. You can have the opinion that is absolute, there's nothing wrong with that, but that makes it subjective. When you're judging other people and their views, it's irrational and disrespectful to judge them on a subjective premise. It's like those bloody religious bigots judging other people and their views based on their subjective belief in God.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-04-08 at 07:09.
Old 2010-04-08, 11:26   Link #156
idiffer

^ and what is wrong with roriconfans statement? did you not find eden refreshing?
about the review...
it would help if you included a target audience in your reviews or smth.
like "eden would be liked by those with high suspension-of-disbelief skills". i think i cant get any more objective, srsly
Old 2010-04-08, 11:35   Link #157
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
^ and what is wrong with roriconfans statement? did you not find eden refreshing?
Well no not really, but that's not the God damn point. As I said, there's nothing wrong with his statement and he is free to have it as an opinion. But it is not fact. And you can't judge other people on anything less than fact.
Old 2010-04-08, 11:55   Link #158
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
That's not really the point now is it.

However much you like to think, your analysis is not absolute. You can have the opinion that is absolute, there's nothing wrong with that, but that makes it subjective. When you're judging other people and their views, it's irrational and disrespectful to judge them on a subjective premise. It's like those bloody religious bigots judging other people and their views based on their subjective belief in God.
If we take this statement to extremes then there is nothing valid to write in any review. Everything a review states is subjective, like what you think of the animation or the story. So why not state why the average you give to a series is so much away from the average of the series and then take this to a broader view? Heck, might as well start by saying "my opinion of why this series has a high average is..."

Quote:
it would help if you included a target audience in your reviews or smth.
like "eden would be liked by those with high suspension-of-disbelief skills". i think i cant get any more objective, srsly
I used to add age at first but that was way too subjective. I mean, who am I to say if a series is too violent for 8 yo? Then I tried to add target groups but someone reading the review should be able to realise what the series is about without you telling him if it suits him or not. As for the "high suspension-of-disbelief skills", well, lol, 99% of anime require that so it is not much of help to add it.
Old 2010-04-08, 12:01   Link #159
roriconfan
Banned

double post - delete
Old 2010-04-08, 12:22   Link #160
idiffer

Quote:
Well no not really, but that's not the God damn point. As I said, there's nothing wrong with his statement and he is free to have it as an opinion. But it is not fact. And you can't judge other people on anything less than fact.
actually most ppl do exactly what you are argueing against. its called "stereotypes". no scratch that, EVERYONE judges ppl on smth LESS than fact. not in ALL cases of course, but still a big portion of the time. so its nothing to be surprised about...
roriconfan
well, yeah. you do have a point...