AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-31, 07:39   Link #1
QuickSilver
AnimeCouncil Founder

Anime-Heaven Is Not Dead We Are Alive

As you all know about the Naruto Team Of AH has left and created there own channel Called DB.. Just to let you know AH is still alive and we got new naruto team so plz bare with us with the slow naruto releases hopefully by nxt week (naruto 107) we shall try release at the same fast rate which all you fans love

Peace
Old 2004-10-31, 07:49   Link #2
SunGod

What's the point. DB are already speed subbing, AnimeOne is behind by like 2 episodes. So people can just get DB fast and upgade to ANBU if they want, there's really no point in you subbing Naruto, sub something else.
Old 2004-10-31, 08:11   Link #3
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

I'm inclined to agree with SunGod's post above; but of course if they want to sub it for the enjoyment of subbing it, far be it from me to suggest otherwise. If / when the "new" Naturo group releases, it'll be interesting to see how many people download the torrents. I'm guessing a fair number of people will choose them based on the name alone -- in the same way people follow brand names around even if the product changes -- unless DB's popularity has grown enough by the time they release.
Old 2004-10-31, 10:38   Link #4
bayoab

I'd just like to say:

WHO CARES!

I hope your group realizes now that people only get your naruto cause you were first. They dont care about you, they dont care about your quality, and they dont care about the name. The fans dont love your releases, just that you could release naruto first! You probably have some hardcore fans out there that will still get your releases..but the rest of them are disloyal monkeys that pick up the first banana you throw at them.

I said it before, I'll say this again:
Naruto sucks, naruto fanboys suck more and naruto subbers suck the most!

It was better when you were dead... less naruto = a good thing.

For some side notes:
DB already released and is basically getting the usual 100k+ for being first out on naruto...

And as expected, everyone is ignoring the A-H release and it has around 4k dl's
Old 2004-10-31, 11:11   Link #5
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Harsh, but is inclined to agree ^_^

Pick some other show, say Gakuen Alice which sure as hell looks interesting enough with the loli overload and cuteness. Work on this
Old 2004-10-31, 11:12   Link #6
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
[11:14] <AndrewLB> In protest, I'm deleting all the naruto from my HDD
http://andrewlb.com/anime/naruto/naru1.jpg
http://andrewlb.com/anime/naruto/naru2.jpg
http://andrewlb.com/anime/naruto/naru3.jpg
http://andrewlb.com/anime/naruto/naru4.jpg
http://andrewlb.com/anime/naruto/naru5.jpg

http://andrewlb.com/anime/naruto/TheRightThing.gif
A good, good man made it a gif.

Last edited by AndrewLB; 2004-10-31 at 15:39.
Old 2004-10-31, 11:33   Link #7
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun

Haha... I did that a long time ago.
Old 2004-10-31, 12:13   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Regardless of your feelings about Anime-Heaven these comments are unwarranted. A-H did go to the trouble of fansubbing anime. That is a tough thing to do. There is no way that they deserve your scorn for having done that. All that QuickSilver wanted to do was to say that his group is still alive and well and subbing Naruto. Some people might have been grateful for the information and you should not have bashed his group for that.

I'm leaving this thread open, but I am eagerly waiting to ban the next person who says something bad about Anime-Heaven here.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-10-31, 14:03   Link #9
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Regardless of your feelings about Anime-Heaven these comments are unwarranted. A-H did go to the trouble of fansubbing anime. That is a tough thing to do. There is no way that they deserve your scorn for having done that. All that QuickSilver wanted to do was to say that his group is still alive and well and subbing Naruto. Some people might have been grateful for the information and you should not have bashed his group for that.

I'm leaving this thread open, but I am eagerly waiting to ban the next person who says something bad about Anime-Heaven here.

pick up ayatsuri sakkon and kintaro the salaryman!
Old 2004-10-31, 15:08   Link #10
SunGod

The only person hating on Anime-Heaven as a group is bayoab, ban him or something if you must.

Everyone else is stating that enough groups already sub Naruto and that Anime Heavens efforts (which were unparalleled during their prime) could be used to sub a different anime, which I believe most people would agree with me on.

It doesn't make logical sense to fansub a show that is already ACTIVELY being subbed by 3 groups.

But if you're going to sub Naruto, then good luck with it. But myself and many others won't be thanking you for your efforts, I apologise.
Old 2004-10-31, 15:37   Link #11
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
I'd just like to say:

WHO CARES!

I hope your group realizes now that people only get your naruto cause you were first. They dont care about you, they dont care about your quality, and they dont care about the name. The fans dont love your releases, just that you could release naruto first! You probably have some hardcore fans out there that will still get your releases..but the rest of them are disloyal monkeys that pick up the first banana you throw at them.

I said it before, I'll say this again:
Naruto sucks, naruto fanboys suck more and naruto subbers suck the most!

It was better when you were dead... less naruto = a good thing.

For some side notes:
DB already released and is basically getting the usual 100k+ for being first out on naruto...

And as expected, everyone is ignoring the A-H release and it has around 4k dl's
Obviously you do or you wouldn't have come to view this topic.

Now, shut up and stop being a damn Jackass.
Old 2004-10-31, 17:44   Link #12
QuickSilver
AnimeCouncil Founder

Ah

Hmm Damn some people are really harsh we as a group tried hard to bring the fans fast releases and when we down you guys bash us Anywayz only few people think like this.. I know lots of people who actually appreaciate our work

Also We Doing Other Projects Besides Naruto
Old 2004-10-31, 18:03   Link #13
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Frankly this attitude towards a fansub group is just pathetic. This is a team of people who gave up their free time to sub and make epsiodes of anime for YOU the fans. They weren't paid, they did it out of LOVE.

I personaly dont like naruto, but i'd never treat a group like this, there's just no need or call for it. Grow up a bit people.
Old 2004-10-31, 18:24   Link #14
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGod
The only person hating on Anime-Heaven as a group is bayoab, ban him or something if you must.

Everyone else is stating that enough groups already sub Naruto and that Anime Heavens efforts (which were unparalleled during their prime) could be used to sub a different anime, which I believe most people would agree with me on.

It doesn't make logical sense to fansub a show that is already ACTIVELY being subbed by 3 groups.

But if you're going to sub Naruto, then good luck with it. But myself and many others won't be thanking you for your efforts, I apologise.
If I understand the situation correctly, those with Anime-Heaven who had the most interest in subbing Naruto left to form DB. But if there are still some people involved in Anime-Heaven who liked subbing Naruto that didn't jump over to DB, then it's reasonable for Anime-Heaven to have a continuing interest in subbing the series.

If this isn't the case and they are continuing to do the subs because they just don't want to drop an active project before the series has ended, or because they feel a sense of obligation to the fans who regularly downloaded their Naruto releases...then it might be best if they took advantage of the opportunity to drop Naruto and let the splinter group handle subbing it. That way Anime-Heaven can go grab some raws for a new project that seems like it might be more interesting and fun for the group to work on. There are plenty of unlicensed series from current and past seasons they could pick from. Adopting one of these anime orphans could bring something unique to their group and to the people in the community who would enjoy downloading and watching episodes that they couldn't get from anyone else.

Overall, I don't mind seeing multiple groups subbing the same series. Because group members come and go and there's no guarantee that a group which starts a project can successfully complete it if the wrong people happen to leave, or if some group members just grow tired of working on it. Then fans of a series are left hanging waiting for a group to find a new translator for the project so they can finish subbing a series, or waiting for some other group to pick-up another groups discontinued project.
Old 2004-10-31, 18:29   Link #15
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Frankly this attitude towards a fansub group is just pathetic. This is a team of people who gave up their free time to sub and make epsiodes of anime for YOU the fans. They weren't paid, they did it out of LOVE.

I personaly dont like naruto, but i'd never treat a group like this, there's just no need or call for it. Grow up a bit people.
So if, say, a white person spends a great deal of time and money learning how to, oh, freestyle, how to wear his cap the right way, getting the right kind of clothes, finding that one bling bling that really suitz his mad stylze, and making it so his car gives a rodeo horse motion sickness, he's just doing it out of love?
Not, may I point this out, because he want to be "popular," or fit into a specific group, and it's CERTAINLY not alright for certain people (certainly not foreign cartoon fans who often scoff at people like that) to make fun of them, or give them intersting names, or express their strong opinions about how badly Eminem sucks?

Everyone dislikes something, some people dislike it more than others.
I, for example, hate PETA with a passion, but that's because I'm vegetarian and I keep getting bastards associating PETA with honest, hard working vegetarians who encourge the whole 'for every animal I don't eat, you guys go eat three' thing that Maddox came up with.

Seriously, the whole self righteous, accept everyone and their opinions as right, "they did it out of LOVE" thing, much less all the grow up stuff... I mean, it's really sort of nauseating.

I won't say that these guys are bad, mainly because I haven't seen their stuff and I was just looking for a semi-dramatic way to delete all the Naruto stuff on my computer, but insulting each other and using those insults to spur on debate is a wonderful thing, and the whole "EVERYONE STOP FIGHTING AND RESPECT PEOPLE'S OPINIONS! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF AND MAY I POINT OUT THAT BY UNDERSTANDING THIS I AM FAR SUPERIOR TO YOU ALL" thing is kinda much. Especially in a thread were the moderator has prevented further bashing of Bay's target, and you can do so without really worrying too much about people responding.

Also, please realize that Bay has been in the whole fansubbing inner circle for ages. God knows, he's an op/mod in Envirosphere/acentral (and I still remember our collective horror when it happened). I'm not saying he's right, but at the very least his opinions are based on something. And if my years of being in the fansub community have taught me anything, the only real love that's involved in fansubbing is self-love.
Old 2004-10-31, 19:25   Link #16
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Fansubbers do it because they ENJOY it, and because they want to pass that enjoyment onto others.

For people to come along and start harrasing them because they're fansubing a series is just lame. A lot of time and effort goes into making an episode, if you dont like a show say so once, then shut the hell up. Since continuing to go on about it is just griefing.

Well, im done with this thread and lamers. AH good luck in the future, ive had some of your other stuff, including a few naruto when i was in that phase, and i look forward to seeing some of your future stuff.
Old 2004-10-31, 19:42   Link #17
Enron
Banned

There are tons of fansub groups out there that aren't good. In fact, there's a lot of them that downright suck. They give up their free time to sub stuff "for the fans". I agree with that.....if they are doing the scene a favor by doing a show that hasn't been subbed before or whatnot. But in the case of a bad fansub group doing a show that is being subbed by a thousand other groups and many of them doing a better job of it, that my friends is about EGO. You have nothing to offer, so you offer the one thing that doesn't take quality into account. SPEED. And it gets you the downloads, and all the leecher praise.

If you aren't very good, then do us all a favor. Practice where your efforts will be appreciated; a show that isn't being subbed to death or being subbed at all. That way, no one can complain about your quality, as you are offering something to compensate for your insufficient quality; by getting something out that otherwise would go unseen.
Old 2004-10-31, 19:45   Link #18
eternal

Mmm...how should i put this...english isn't my primary language so i can't say much about this.

Personally,i've always see anime-heaven as a big group,to know that if their naruto team has left and formed a new group,it's not that big deal since politics always happen ^^,well,i do not know the reason why actually.

I'd like to say,fansubbing is actually very much appreciated by me,they spend the time to let us sit down and enjoy ! However,anime-heaven,if DB is going to beat other groups by subbing naruto fast,just let them be it ,the ppl in the channel from anime-heaven is far more than db.Besides,there are so many groups are currently subbing naruto now,why the fight? If db is currently the most outstanding now(due to the fast release),we should happy about it then,i meant there's really no need to compete them,enjoy the series....well if you guys are fanatic naruto fan,u guys can go ahead and sub it,just don't sub it because to compete other group,might as well do some other thing.

Don't mind me ! ^^
Old 2004-10-31, 20:10   Link #19
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLB
"EVERYONE STOP FIGHTING AND RESPECT PEOPLE'S OPINIONS! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF AND MAY I POINT OUT THAT BY UNDERSTANDING THIS I AM FAR SUPERIOR TO YOU ALL" thing is kinda much. Especially in a thread were the moderator has prevented further bashing of Bay's target, and you can do so without really worrying too much about people responding.

Also, please realize that Bay has been in the whole fansubbing inner circle for ages. God knows, he's an op/mod in Envirosphere/acentral (and I still remember our collective horror when it happened). I'm not saying he's right, but at the very least his opinions are based on something. And if my years of being in the fansub community have taught me anything, the only real love that's involved in fansubbing is self-love.
Who cares if someone has been in the fansubbing 'inner circle' for ages, a few months, or never? I personally find this 'fansubbing inner circle' thing to be quite elitist. Regardless of who he is or what he's done so far, he should have the responsibility to be civil, just like the rest of the posters on this forum.

Also, I don't see how being polite and civil is a 'self-superiority' thing. It's called manners for crying out loud.
Old 2004-10-31, 20:15   Link #20
iluid

Starting this thread was like putting a big "bash me" sign on a-heaven’s back and should probably be closed. Let's be honest here. The only reason for most people to ever watch a-heaven naruto was because it came out first. Speed subbing like this will attract almost no loyal fans, just people that want stuff fast and don't give a crap about your group. If you want support for a-heaven while they rebuild or whatever, these "fans" aren't going to provide it. At the same time when you have a group based primarily on speed, you piss off a lot of people in the fansubbing community because it's just friggin embarrassing what some groups release just to be first (I've never seen an a-heaven release, I'm talking about speed subs in general) and it's also frustrating to see translators wasting their time on oversubbed shows. Furthermore when you pick up a show half-way or more in you piss off all the people in and loyal to the group/groups that were subbing it in the first place (unless of course the original group actually stopped).These things combined mean you're just not going to find a lot of love in a thread like this. As far as the need for a-heaven to continue subbing naruto... was there ever a need in the first place??

A-heaven is going to do whatever they want, if they release naruto first, they'll get the leechers back, if not then the leechers will just go to whatever the naruto-group-of-the-week happens to be. My apologies to a-heaven for sounding harsh, but you should know by now the kind of "fans" your group has and how a-heaven is viewed by most of the people that have been in the community for a long time. It just isn’t possible to have a thread about a-heaven (or db or any other random naruto group that isn’t aone, anbu or tw) without bashing happening.
Closed Thread