AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-01, 20:20   Link #781
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Man - considering the series being discussed, this is way too serious in here.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:24   Link #782
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Still while you were shagging your gf/wife/sexfriend you wouldn't want to have some ass tentacle rape from that girl, would you?

As for the show nice comedy maybe didn't make me lol but still its quite nice.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:30   Link #783
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well Enzo, there are a lot of people who aren't comfortable with physical humor, especially if the one on the receiving end is a girl AND it involves a fork.

Me? It's a slapstick comedy. This type of abuse is expected, as it's played for laughs.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:44   Link #784
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

Shantakun needs more screen time.

He's like a baby charizard.
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:47   Link #785
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I want to talk more about the part where the girl snuggled the other girl's butt.

Good to see I'm not the only one wondering why nosy girl gets so little screen time. I actually didn't know she was one of the OP singers. I take it the other two voices are Kuko and Nyarko?
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:50   Link #786
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Heh, I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed Cthuko's fixation with Nyarlko's tush.

Hmm, that's the second character this season who has a butt fetish. The other one, of course, is Sarasvati...
Old 2012-05-01, 21:06   Link #787
Morisato

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I'm far from suggesting that he roll over and let her rape him, I'm merely suggesting that him dishing out physical and verbal abuse at her on every possible occasion is
a) not that funny, especially after the 30th time;
b) sending a wrong message to impressionable kids that domestic violence is perfectly acceptable means of interaction;
c) simply against my moral compass so I have to cringe every time I see/hear it;
d) uncalled for, given how much she has done for him - for free;
e) quite immature - he's not acting his age.

This, basically.
Guy, I suppose you have no problems with the "Oops I accidentally tripped over and removed all your clothes!" and the typical tsundere yelling "KYAAAA HENTAI!" and beating the male character to a bloody pulp.

Don't be a hypocrite. This is the exact opposite of about 90% of romance harem comedies. There is certainly no shortage of females abusing males in romantic comedies.

The difference is that in the former, it was an accident so the violence is completely unreasonable. In this case, she's being a pervert on purpose.

If you want to further the comparisons, in romantic comedies where the pervert (no accident) tries to peep or grope, he usually gets beat up and tortured. Don't let your feminist (or is it "chivalry") blind you.
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 21:54   Link #788
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Still while you were shagging your gf/wife/sexfriend you wouldn't want to have some ass tentacle rape from that girl, would you?
I dunno why after reading this I remember how Ayumu from korehazombie was ass raped in both of the OVAs, he had this look of satisfaction
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 22:03   Link #789
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Mahiros mom is weird and clingy
Old 2012-05-01, 22:07   Link #790
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Mahiros mom is weird and clingy
It is weird that she is clingy because some research on the area says that that kind of mothers is sexually unsatisfied and they sublimate those urges into constant caresing of their offspring, but she supposedly returned from the 17 (?) honeymoon so she supposedly is sexually satisfied. ... ok, too much realism, back to your normal mayhem
Old 2012-05-01, 22:24   Link #791
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
It is weird that she is clingy because some research on the area says that that kind of mothers is sexually unsatisfied and they sublimate those urges into constant caresing of their offspring, but she supposedly returned from the 17 (?) honeymoon so she supposedly is sexually satisfied. ... ok, too much realism, back to your normal mayhem
Actually one of the funnier theories is that the hugs help restore her Sanity points. Given her part time job (reminds me of Delta Green actually), it actually makes sense. Kind of like Mahiro's fork: it helps ground her mind in reality, instead of having her brain melt out of her ears.
Old 2012-05-01, 23:03   Link #792
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I am annoyed at Mahiro. But this has nothing to do with how he forks Nya, or how he refuses her advances.

I am annoyed at his rejection of Space Meat.

Look, I understand if he thought Nya actually carve up monsters she killed herself and serve it to him. As far as he knows Nya is not a certified butcher. But the fact is the Space Meat are hygienically butchered and packaged, and are apparently mass produced by reputable companies for consumption by most of the known galaxy.

So what if it's space monster meat? He knows it tastes good, and that they are not poisonous. To demand that he should be fed only Earth food is arrogance. It would be like saying you wouldn't eat food that isn't produced in your own farm.

Nya even bought Black Goat meat, which is supposedly some legendary delicacy. She is trying to introduce him to food of other cultures, and he is just brushing it off. That's just harsh.
Old 2012-05-01, 23:12   Link #793
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Nya even bought Black Goat meat, which is supposedly some legendary delicacy. She is trying to introduce him to food of other cultures, and he is just brushing it off. That's just harsh.
Surely you jest. Are you even familiar with Shub-Niggurath? Even in jest, I wouldn't want to suggest touching the flesh of one of her spawn. :P And given that Mahiro is, yes, a Lovecraft fan, you should understand why he's leery of eating something with THAT name.
Old 2012-05-01, 23:12   Link #794
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

@Vallen Chaos Valiant. i was going to post about it but didn't because I thought I was the only one that noticed. This is an example of an ugly part of the average japanese culture, most of the time they do not trust food made overseas. They are okay with gaijin food done with local ingredients only. I remember several years ago seeing on TV how after a rumour that local rice harvest was lower than expected the goverment released for local consumption some rice reserves and people rushed to buy it, even though perfectly normal korean rice was sold in the same store O_o;
Old 2012-05-01, 23:17   Link #795
Sumeragi
Banned

Actually, rice grown in Japan does tend to taste better than those grown in Korea. It's a fact acknowledge by the Korean Ministry of Agriculture.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 23:30   Link #796
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Surely you jest. Are you even familiar with Shub-Niggurath? Even in jest, I wouldn't want to suggest touching the flesh of one of her spawn. :P And given that Mahiro is, yes, a Lovecraft fan, you should understand why he's leery of eating something with THAT name.
Still, by now he should know Nya mean him no harm. And apparently Black Goat meat is accepted food in the rest of the known galaxy. At some point, one has to acknowledge that denying outer space cuisine for no other reason than because it is from Outer Space, is just a little short-sighted.
Old 2012-05-01, 23:31   Link #797
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
I am annoyed at Mahiro. But this has nothing to do with how he forks Nya, or how he refuses her advances.

I am annoyed at his rejection of Space Meat.
When I read this, I assumed it was because Nyaruko is a dead ringer for Sena from Haganai.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 23:59   Link #798
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Still, by now he should know Nya mean him no harm. And apparently Black Goat meat is accepted food in the rest of the known galaxy. At some point, one has to acknowledge that denying outer space cuisine for no other reason than because it is from Outer Space, is just a little short-sighted.
That's because Mahiro is a racist.
Old 2012-05-02, 00:02   Link #799
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
That's because Mahiro is a racist.
Don't you mean speciecist?

I think there's quite a bit of cognitive dissonance going on with Mahiro. On one hand, he likely thinks that Nyarko is cute and likely doesn't mean him harm (well, not directly anyway). On the other hand he knows that she (and her friends) are aliens whose default form isn't even bipedal or humanoid, and what's more he's grown up on Lovecraft, which adds an altogether different level of issues.
Old 2012-05-02, 00:03   Link #800
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Still, by now he should know Nya mean him no harm. And apparently Black Goat meat is accepted food in the rest of the known galaxy.
The rest of the known galaxy is apparently made up of eldritch horrors who could probably eat maggot-infested radioactive flesh of someone dead of corprus disease and covered with Black Death flies and Yellow Fever mosquitos and still not suffer even the slightest ill effect. I, personally, would not trust Nyaruko to remember that the person eating her cooking is only human, and I too would likely insist that she stick to using food that we know is safe: aka Earth food.

Also, seriously, Shub-freaking-Niggurath. I don't want that stuff in the same solar system with me, let alone in my dinner.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, loli, parody, romance, seinen, shounen, trap