4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-10-08, 07:03   Link #81
s07195
However,

Sei would be the maintenance guy on the crew of the ship, instead of the ace pilot. XD

But seriously, Reiji... Crutch character much? Sei, don't just rely on him and also keep training!

This show could have some shonen character developments, perhaps with Sei beating Reiji as the final match. Yugi vs Yami style.
Old 2013-10-08, 07:14   Link #82
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

this guy is fast

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 08:10   Link #83
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Awesome find, RRW ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Sei would be the maintenance guy on the crew of the ship, instead of the ace pilot. XD

But seriously, Reiji... Crutch character much? Sei, don't just rely on him and also keep training!

This show could have some shonen character developments, perhaps with Sei beating Reiji as the final match. Yugi vs Yami style.
If Yu-Gi-Oh! and Hikaru no Go have taught us anything, is that the main characters will learn the proper skill from their ‘mythical/spiritual guardians’ (eg. Yami Yugi & Sai) and, at one point, surpass them (like what happened to Yugi Mutou & Hikaru). Reiji kinda fits the ‘mythical/spiritual guardian’ concept since he appear and help Sei due to Sei’s wish (while holding that ‘magical marble’ ).
Old 2013-10-08, 08:55   Link #84
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
i can't imagine if Reiji pilot a psychommu suit like unicorn & start controlling all the bits/fangs/funnels =x
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 09:42   Link #85
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Then again, it's one thing for a UC mobile suit to beat a Wing Gundam or a Freedom Gundam.

If it was the opposite, like if a Leo were to beat a Nu Gundam or a Unicorn Gundam, now we're talking.
Soon we will have Strike (CE) defeat all other MS including UC
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 10:31   Link #86
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
i can't imagine if Reiji pilot a psychommu suit like unicorn & start controlling all the bits/fangs/funnels =x
Yeah, Unicorn is one haxx machine. Even more so if there’s MSs equipped with bits/fangs/funnels/dragoons around it. Given the proper pilot, it will slaughter the likes of 00 Qant, AGE-FX, Qubeley, Providence, Strike Freedom, and any other MSs with similar remote-weapons.
Old 2013-10-08, 10:51   Link #87
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, Unicorn is one haxx machine. Even more so if there’s MSs equipped with bits/fangs/funnels/dragoons around it. Given the proper pilot, it will slaughter the likes of 00 Qant, AGE-FX, Qubeley, Providence, Strike Freedom, and any other MSs with similar remote-weapons.
DRAGOONs doesn't used psychic system so Unicorn can't hijack it
It used x,y,z system
Old 2013-10-08, 11:42   Link #88
Shinhwa
Banned

Funny how so many fanarts of Iori Rinko (Sei's mom) are being released =w=;

Incest doujinshi alert...
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 11:59   Link #89
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
DRAGOONs doesn't used psychic system so Unicorn can't hijack it
It used x,y,z system
Yes I know that, but this is Gunpla-MSs we’re talking about where everything mashes together in one medium. If they follow the exact details of each MS's system, there’s no way Dijeh can easily sliced Freedom’s Phase-Shift Armor like a butter .
Old 2013-10-08, 12:04   Link #90
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Funny how so many fanarts of Iori Rinko (Sei's mom) are being released =w=;

Incest doujinshi alert...
For now she is woman with most scenes + have good look =
while at it add shotacon alert

some of her picture
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-08, 12:10   Link #91
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Yes I know that, but this is Gunpla-MSs we’re talking about where everything mashes together in one medium. If they follow the exact details of each MS's system, there’s no way Dijeh can easily sliced Freedom’s Phase-Shift Armor like a butter .
... it used a beam saber, didn't it? Phase Shift is anti-physical, not anti-energy. It wouldn't have had any problem cutting through Phase Shift Armor.
Old 2013-10-08, 12:15   Link #92
Gundamx

Quote:
Game balance
example from Warcraft
Death knight, Paladin and warrior used plate armor but do they fight same way?
one used power of dead while other used power of light and last one used power of his sword

but they are balance in pvp so dps DK can defeat dps pala/war just like they can defeat him

basically DPS plate user used different battle styles and skills but same HP, defense, resilience...etc
Old 2013-10-08, 12:29   Link #93
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... it used a beam saber, didn't it? Phase Shift is anti-physical, not anti-energy. It wouldn't have had any problem cutting through Phase Shift Armor.
I missed that .

But the point to my comment is, do you really think these CE Gunplas use any PSA at all? I mean, like some has said before the series even started, if they try to use the exact details of each MSs system (beside the well-known psychommu system which then copied by other series) wouldn’t it be kind of a drag? I mean, Imagin how sucks it would be for the fighter if his/her Gundam X really had to wait for the moon to show up and reveal the lunar base so that its satellite weapon can function? Or how other Gundams will got owned by 00 Gundam’s Trans-am mode. Things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Game balance
example from Warcraft
Death knight, Paladin and warrior used plate armor but do they fight same way?
one used power of dead while other used power of light and last one used power of his sword

but they are balance in pvp so dps DK can defeat dps pala/war just like they can defeat him

basically DPS plate user used different battle styles and skills but same HP, defense, resilience...etc
My previous comment is actually in favor of balance. But I’ll ask you the same question above: Do you really think these CE Gunplas use any PSA at all? Build Strike was based on Strike Gundam, yet it doesn’t show any deactive-active mode.
Old 2013-10-08, 13:01   Link #94
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well it could use Trans-Phase Armor, which doesn't have deactive/active color swaps...

But yeah I get what you mean. :V
Old 2013-10-08, 13:23   Link #95
Shinhwa
Banned

I would say those special armor stuff from the other Gundam animes are invalid for this series.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 14:20   Link #96
Gundamx

Quote:
I missed that .

But the point to my comment is, do you really think these CE Gunplas use any PSA at all? I mean, like some has said before the series even started, if they try to use the exact details of each MSs system (beside the well-known psychommu system which then copied by other series) wouldn’t it be kind of a drag? I mean, Imagin how sucks it would be for the fighter if his/her Gundam X really had to wait for the moon to show up and reveal the lunar base so that its satellite weapon can function? Or how other Gundams will got owned by 00 Gundam’s Trans-am mode. Things like that.
if we go by the games
than you can only use Gundam X cannon only on stage that have moon ( think of it as joker card
-if you are lucky that random stage have moon = draw joker)

Quote:
My previous comment is actually in favor of balance. But I’ll ask you the same question above: Do you really think these CE Gunplas use any PSA at all? Build Strike was based on Strike Gundam, yet it doesn’t show any deactive-active mode.
doesn't Strike without it's pack still retain it's color?
than again it's custom strike = who know?
maybe he change it's armor type
Old 2013-10-08, 15:55   Link #97
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

That was a pretty nice first ep. Definitely didn't expect to see Ramba Ral.

I hope there is an under water battle sometime later in the series too.
Old 2013-10-08, 16:42   Link #98
monster

Quote:
I missed that .

On the other hand, game balance would reduce Unicorn's ability.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 16:44   Link #99
SilverTalon

I have a feeling all the armor is standardized (which makes sense as they are all plastic). There wasn't any real indication of any suit shown having armor that can really withstand attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I guess you missed this...

Spoiler:
No, I saw that, but if you consider what he was actually excited about, the model was an after thought... he paid far more attention to the mom.

And that changes nothing imo because going and buying a model kit isn't something Ramba Ral would do. I'd still rank it as low as the old wind -> flipped skirt fan service crap. Now if he is enough of a recurring character that we actually see him 'pilot' his gouf, that would make me change my opinion.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 16:57   Link #100
Frontier

I found the premier to be hilariously awesome .

One of the show's strengths, I think, is that it knows it's a show about Gunpla and Gunpla action and it's not ashamed of it. It has a better understanding of what kind of show it wants to be than I felt Age ever did, and I appreciate that.

So far it seems like a fun show with some nice action, and even with the focus on Gunpla, I didn't feel like it was trying to shove the concept of Gunpla down my throat like some of its toyetic counterparts. And I like that it's taking a little tongue-in-cheek look at the franchise as a whole. It's certainly not going to break any new ground for Gundam, but if this episode is any indication, it'll certainly be an entertaining entry .

I found Sei and Reiji to be decent characters and an interesting pairing. I'm looking forward to seeing how their partnership develops. And with the mysterious elements surrounding Reiji, there's a chance that there might be more to plot than just Gunpla battles.

I assume the Build Booster is piloted by Sei, since it has its own cockpit and attaches itself behind the Build Strike like Sei sits behind Reiji?

Sei's geeking out over Wing Gundam and going over the mythology of the Suit really reminded me of myself and how much I can get carried away about stuff like that .

Sazaki destroyed Wing Gundam, he deserved every single hit from the Build Strike . Though honestly, I'd probably never play a game where the model I spent a long time working on could end up smashed into pieces. I mean, Wing Gundam wound up with a hole in it!

I'm also very interested in knowing what Gunpla beat Sei's dad. Considering his dad was using a classic RX-78-2, I'm tempted to think it was beaten by something that was piloted by Char. Or maybe Nu Gundam?

Ramba Ral's appearance was a definite highlight, especially his buying his own Gouf and saying "Is that boy a Newtype." And hey, it looks like he has a crush on a married woman! Not that I can blame him, considering she's voiced by Gundam veteran and Sailor Moon's seiyuu Kotono Mitsuishi .

Now I kinda want Amuro and Char to show up and just spout classic lines like Ral !

Last edited by Frontier; 2013-10-25 at 16:56.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote