Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-02-11, 16:07   Link #1
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Making an anime blog.

Yes, at title.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but, anyone here knows of good (free) blog hosting sites?

I am currently trying out wordpress.com, it is working great and pretty newbie-friendly, but what about other sites like blogspot.com?

Experienced ones, advice please
Old 2008-02-11, 16:17   Link #2
cyth
Banned

AnimeBlogger offers you a hosting service for free, and a community of bloggers to boot. There is a bit of wait time so that the admin sets you up, but I believe you have relative freedom with content and design. The only downturn is that you as a user get nothing out of (non-obtrusive) affiliates and ads. :P

It really depends what you want to accomplish with your blog. Are you aiming for high readership or just killing time? If you want to make something out of it, I suggest you find yourself a cheap hosting plan with MySQL (*cough*DreamHost*cough*).
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 03:09   Link #3
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua
AnimeBlogger offers you a hosting service for free, and a community of bloggers to boot. There is a bit of wait time so that the admin sets you up, but I believe you have relative freedom with content and design. The only downturn is that you as a user get nothing out of (non-obtrusive) affiliates and ads. :P
I guess I may have to give up on that. That site mentioned something about content test and I'ma fail it, because these things are still pretty fresh to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua
It really depends what you want to accomplish with your blog. Are you aiming for high readership or just killing time? If you want to make something out of it, I suggest you find yourself a cheap hosting plan with MySQL (*cough*DreamHost*cough*).
Hmm, if possible, I would not invest in blog..

Is there any other sites similar to AnimeBlogger? Or, should I continue with wordpress.com?
Old 2008-02-12, 21:23   Link #4
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Continue with wordpress.com until you think you're ready to venture off into using the full thing on a hosted domain. Other sites offering good blog services? IMO, wordpress.com is actually one of the better ones.

Blogspot.com? Not very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
I guess I may have to give up on that. That site mentioned something about content test and I'ma fail it, because these things are still pretty fresh to me

Hmm, if possible, I would not invest in blog..

Is there any other sites similar to AnimeBlogger? Or, should I continue with wordpress.com?
http://dasaku.net/hosting/ offers a pretty sweet deal, if I do say so myself.

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...
Suzumiya Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 03:17   Link #5
Ending

Yeah, the only real alternative is to buy some real hosting space and a domain. I would recommend Suncomet.com, but it's in finnish...

The free services do not usually offer much and have very strict limitations. They're nice for playing around with the stuff, which is prolly enough 95% of us, but if your site gets off and becomes one of the 5%, you will have to switch to paid hosting anyway. Quite likely the next day after the first boom.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote