AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-24, 21:35   Link #4241
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrueckter View Post
Touma/Kuroko ftw...
^ the absolute undeniable truth... in my filtered view of TAMNI

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 22:01   Link #4242
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Okay this is some serious problem here, you don't understand that's why you don't agree is somethings really problematics, you have a self centered problem( no i'm not offensive towards you, i'm a psychologist and this is actually quite common problem) Let's say you don't understand how how theory of energy conversion work, does that mean you believe that energy conversion don't exist??? you don't understand how western or eastern philosophy work, does that mean they are wrong ??? you might say that this is your expression but your word carry the hint about yourself and this isn't the 1st time you did this.

Similar to lv7, albeit less extreme and more self control, you have the habit of twisting the meaning to make them in your favor. in the novel Kamachi has stated that Othinus and Touma understanding is not an one-way ticket, and he also said that it is only natural that Nikoto don't understand him, but you still come right off with Mikoto being the girl understand him the most. You said you want evidence but when people give out, you denies them in favor of your arguments, you never actually present a solid point or quote to refute that. You assumed you are the one in position to have people explain to you, not the other way around. So you don't understand, okay, then stop poking into where people are talking about something you don't understand even with their explanation, you keep "challenge" them for what ??? keeping the debate going ??? anyone ask you to do that ???

Last thing, challenge is fine and all but your post cross the border of provocative, let's say that the way you put it can easily make people feel offended, i do the last time i have a debate with you back in during the translation still ongoing and i remember i once post that you should avoid to provoke people before.
Spoiler for reply:

You mean ToumaxKumokawaMaria ftw.
Old 2014-05-24, 22:08   Link #4243
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

^lolz, Ok Chosen_Hero.
For the sake of On-topic let's(the community) discuss the Touma Othinus moments and gain an understanding of what each scene and what each action means.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 22:25   Link #4244
Secret Chief

I think the girl who understand TouMan most is not Mikoto, nor Othinus.

Spoiler for My opinion:

P.S. Sorry for ridiculous shipping.
Secret Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 22:27   Link #4245
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Chief View Post

Spoiler for My opinion:

That's cause she's a stalker... a scary scary stalker...

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 22:34   Link #4246
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Chief View Post

Spoiler for My opinion:

I agree with that for the most part, it's
Spoiler for Who understands Touma the most; order:

As for the now and foreseeable future I will say neither Mikoto nor Index really understands Touma. Index could understand/sympathize Touma's memory loss but she doesn't even try to understand what it really means when she's living in his dorm not doing anything while he suffers without apparent actual complaint. Mikoto is her naïveté, she tries to understand but she ultimately fails but I'll give her props with her fight this Volume but it felt a little wrong in a way but try to suspend my willing of disbelief a bit.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-05-24, 22:36   Link #4247
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
^lolz, Ok Chosen_Hero.
For the sake of On-topic let's(the community) discuss the Touma Othinus moments and gain an understanding of what each scene and what each action means.
No, it's fine no need to keep that discussion going, let's just agree to disagree, I've been at it for two days (I could keep going but enough is enough I'm not here to make enemies, sadly I feel I'll have to reply again) and I haven't gotten any good sleep all week, let's leave it for next time.

@Ravagerblade

Nope, not gonna even read it too sleepy and it's way too late where I live, I will not be baited into a shipping war, I am not stupid, you guys can discuss it if you want I am going to sleep.

... Maybe tomorrow, maybe, if I'm up for it.
Old 2014-05-24, 22:38   Link #4248
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Aogami, is that you!?
Not yet, I haven't included the shota patriarch yet.
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 22:42   Link #4249
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
No, it's fine no need to keep that discussion going, let's just agree to disagree, I've been at it for two days (I could keep going but enough is enough I'm not here to make enemies, sadly I feel I'll have to reply again) and I haven't gotten any good sleep all week, let's leave it for next time.

@Ravagerblade

Nope, not gonna even read it too sleepy and it's way too late where I live, I will not be baited into a shipping war, I am not stupid, you guys can discuss it if you want I am going to sleep.
lols It doesn't even have to be a shipping war, It's the understanding I'd try to discuss. Don't run, Chosen_Hero.

:P

You do know this post will still be here when you get back, it's not going anywhere so don't make that excuse it's most unbecoming. Good night btw.

Old 2014-05-24, 23:52   Link #4250
FlyingCow65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
^lolz, Ok Chosen_Hero.
First scene on Sargasso it´s like restarting a friendship with an old friend, many jokes and things to laugh, also the part where he says he will wait for her to walk below the sun with a smile, he want´s to be with her, willing to wait a long time just to see her again.

The ending of chapter 9 gives the feeling that Touma is afraid of losing both the chance to give a fair trail to Othinus and a chance of a normal life and losing a friend.

Chater 10 gives the feeling that they are in the comfort zone, the scene of Othinus hitting ligthly his partner gives a warm feeling of friendship there.

Chapter 11 He founds her lovely while sleeping he even played with her hat, great scene here, it gave the feeling that Othinus is willing to give her back at Touma knowing full well she would recieve help from him.

Chapter 12: Not much since it was more of talking and trolling that those two, but the ending gives the feeling that she was worried about him and even scared since she didn´t saw him with her when she woke up.

Chapter 13: Interactions of comedy and the most important was her feelings of anger since she couldn´t help him in the figth.

Chapter 14: Touma showe happines that he could have a better chance with Othinus if he gave her to them, even if it was 100 years he could find a way to see her again.

Chapter 15: Gave the feeling of the wonderful wife who owns a bakery or a flowery while his husband is fighting crime.

Chapter 16: Not much since it was the Mikoto scene, but it showed clearly that his priority was Othinus, of course at the end.

Chapter 17: This was more of TouBirdy moments, she knew her big brother had seen hell, Touma looked back and hell blinked, here birdy knew something tht only those two had.

Chapter 18: I almost cried, I saw a side that Othinus couldn´t show in the other chapters, the feeling of loosing Touma in front of her, she begged for them to stop and in the end Ollerus saved them, she even classified Touma as her most precious partner, not only that, we see the importance of the prescence of those two, a monster far more cruel than the Magic God Othinus? A change on the nature of Touma? It gaves the feeling that even those two alone could brougth the end of the world if they lose one of them. and only for Revenge.

Chapter 19: Choo choo!!!

Chapter 20: I cried at the moment she attacked, her intention were clear as water, she tried to save him from the same punishment, and Touma told her he would still save her, not only that we get to see the IDTI being a hug, managing to pull out the arrow he saved her only for her to disappear in front of him, here I felt my heart being crushed.

Epilogue: Touma said that only "He remained Behind" only one person who knew the pain of not having a home to get back, in that moment the world without Othinus was another world, this could have been the downfall of Kamijou Touma until...

This

“Hey, is it just me or are you acting like I’m dead?”

This was the feeling of complete happiness, even if she was a 15 cm of herself for Touma it was Othinus something that he truly wanted to see again, here I think that Othinus has a strong place on his heart, what is it¡ I don´t know but is there, is a diferent feeling when you are with someone else, he thougth he had losed part of himself but Othinus back brougth back a smile on him.

Conclusion: There´s something between those two, they know, but they don´t say anything because they don´t need words that thing is there.

Fiuu finished
FlyingCow65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 23:59   Link #4251
dragon1412

^^^^my companion

uh ... i'm only goes away for a few hours and Rvagerblade is banned ??? why ???
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 00:24   Link #4252
Secret Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCow65 View Post
Chapter 16: Not much since it was the Mikoto scene, but it showed clearly that his priority was Othinus, of course at the end.
Well, that is an interesting point of view.
I never thought that protecting A against B means Touma's priority is A, because TouMan helps others no matter how much he likes them.(Help Fräulein Kreutune against Birdy)
Old 2014-05-25, 00:43   Link #4253
Haigon

You guys keep arguing knowing that with it is a shounen series and Touma have more chances of dying as a kissless virgin than ending up with any girl.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 00:45   Link #4254
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCow65 View Post
Chapter 19: Choo choo!!!
Erm erm, what about...
Spoiler for That moment in chapter 19:
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 00:49   Link #4255
Secret Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
You guys keep arguing knowing that with it is a shounen series and Touma have more chances of dying as a kissless virgin than ending up with any girl.
I think so too.
And this cold reality breaks the illsuion of shippers.
Old 2014-05-25, 01:12   Link #4256
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
And? What's the point then?

I said Touma will move on with his life without a major change, that's all.
I said change in behaviour isn't the only major change that exists. If he suddenly give up on saving anyone midway whilst acting Kamijou, because he think he/she/it'll die whatever he does anyway, is an even scarier change for him if you ask me. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
you never said what you mean with unnecessary
so i made up my own speculations...
That's not an excuse, lv.7, you should have just followed the conversation.

Spoiler for No, Lv.7, that's not how it works:
Old 2014-05-25, 01:34   Link #4257
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
Any ship is fine as long as it's hilarious. Touma/Mikoto, Touma/Index, Touma/Othi, Touma/Kanzaki, Touma/Itsuwa, Touma/Kuroyoru, Touma/Lessar, Touma/Maria, Touma/Mugino, Touma/Thor, Touma/Accel (with all due respect to LevelSeven), Touma/Misaki, etc. heck even Touma/Mjolnir. Anything is within my area of acceptance!

though I personally liked Touma/Birdway *runs away*

what should i say now? ranting? screaming?
I think i will laugh my heart out of my chest
because I.Am.Famous XD

Quote:
That's not an excuse, lv.7, you should have just followed the conversation.
i did, as far as my small human brain allowed it to me

Quote:
And yes, it's my opinion. And yes, I'm forcing it on you. But I think it's for your own good.
i readed your opinion, your examples, your reasons...
now, i need to say that i will not argue against you because it would evolve into a pointless discussion where neither of us will convince the other one...

you see such a plot twist as cheap, i would say that such a action needs balls
I think that letting a char die and evolve the MC , wouldnt make it cheap, it is used in many storys but this (i repead myself) does not mean it is cheap, for you but not for me (maybe others too)....

and please dont take this as a insult but i think that the last sentence i quoted made me a bit mad your opinion is not more right than that of me, i dont know why you wrote the last sentence like that (maybe sleepy) but i will overlook that before i start to rant....

@dragon
I didnt know that such people like you (psychologists) can analyze people because of the things which they posted over the Internet into a thread/site which only allows people to talk/discuss over fictional things....
and if you insist that you can do it than dont take me as example for anything, you can do it with others the whole day but let me out of that BS (exspecially if it is somehow insulting against me)

Last edited by LevelSeven; 2014-05-25 at 02:05.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 01:50   Link #4258
WilsonYu343

I don't know about any of you but I think the most exciting thing we have is the epilogue. The epilogue open so many possibilities in the future of Toaru universe. I hope the author introduce each and every single one of the magic god that were hidden inside the "phase of the world that is closest to the pure world" Absolutely love the trolls of the magical gods, they are my favorite character by far (than again I love every single character that trolls the shit out of people especially power people like Alester.

One thing I did not like about this volume and the one thing I absolute hate is that after all the hardship they have gone through the author have to say slap me in the face and throw me out of the window because that is literally what he did to me. when Othinus died, that was one of the saddest scene and one of the most fore filling scene ever in Touma. I was thinking that even though Othinus died, it would be a great character developement for Touma who have for once in the whole freaken series fail to save "the smile of a little girl" (or a girl or any girl) who he knew so much about ( Lets be real Othinus and Touma have been through more together than all the freaken characters in the Toaru universe considering Touma and Othinus were trapped in together in NT 9 for like over 100 years ish in the endless loop of Othinus reality warping abilities). I do not classify her as a god considering that she is merely changing the phase of the world and not the "pure world" in itself.

But nooo, the author have to troll me and turn Othinus into a fairy and totally make everything that was building up from the NT 8 - 10 meaningless. I mean are you freaken serious why you troll me

But than again I also blame it on the magic gods in that hidden phase. Just because they didn't want Touma to "change" they (heavily implied that the High Priest of the group solve the problem already when they were discussing it in the epilogue) freaken save Othinus who was suppose to die and turn her in a 15cm midget. ( I mean i think that is what they did, no one know exactly why Othinus survived. biggest mind fuck ever)

I mean I love this volume but at the same time it pains me, its a freaken one hell of a roller coaster and by the time I read the epilogue I cried my heart out, laughed, and rage when I finally finish this volume. One hell of a night right!!!!

But seriously if Alester someone killed all the magic gods in that hidden phase, I would be so mad, I would be flipping my table over. I love and hate toaru, I love this god dam series.

p.s. everything in () are after thoughts XD
WilsonYu343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 02:33   Link #4259
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonYu343 View Post
I do not classify her as a god considering that she is merely changing the phase of the world and not the "pure world" in itself.
Othinus's capable of reality warping on universal scale with close to no efforts, and you do not classify her as a god? That's quite a standard here...
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 03:35   Link #4260
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
i readed ... -snip- (i repead myself) does not mean it is cheap, for you but not for me (maybe others too)....
LV.7 don't forget to quote the new person you're writing to. People will think that you're still addressing your posts to BossKagaxx instead of me.
Spoiler for Lv.7 Esper vs LV.0 lecture:

Tags
boss rush, denmark