AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-28, 17:31   Link #141
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Guido, I think you may have missed the point of my post. I was pointing out what was covered in Ep.50 (as an example of what can be covered in a single episode).

Though with Gluttony, I was under the impression Dante created him to consume the PS when it was created, but I may be wrong...
Old 2004-09-28, 17:37   Link #142
Migs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wali
Everyone keeps saying new stuff which is completely wrong. They should have just read my first post and grasped everything. Here's an explanation on Envy.

Spoiler:

Now, you all seem to be forgetting about our buddies, the fake elrics (I can't remember thier real names). He was able to keep up with ed in that one fight, so I'll assume if he gave the effort he could help with this situation. Just a guess though.
Please don't give yourself too much credit. First off, the initial speculations made by people in this thread was mostly likely based on raws. After the translations and other sources came along, people got the point that you have stated.
Spoiler:

EDIT: I've always thought that...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Migs; 2004-09-28 at 18:08.
Old 2004-09-28, 17:45   Link #143
DekaMaster
Banned

I loved this series right up until this episode. This is now my feelings towards FMA :fingers:

Now before all of you that just LOVE this episode start to flame me be aware this is my opinion,you won't change it and fights would just be pointless. But i'm sure that won't stop some of you
Old 2004-09-28, 17:50   Link #144
OneTunaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by P!ranha
Strange, it's the first time I saw the Full metal alchemist forum at animesuki

Well I came here to find out about ep. 51 but all of you don't know much at all (it's not you're fault ).

About Edward being in the Past (400 years): I highly doubt it.
It's the other world, our reality, not the past of the FMA world. Who said Hohenheim and Dante came from "our" world? No subber so far. Hohenheim and the guy with Ed's soul talked about events which happend in the FMA world and Hohenheim stated that there is no alchemy in "our" world and that he's not able to come back. So Edward did NOT go back to the past. Damn, it's the gate to the other world, not some time machine
What else... envy.. well this was stated correct by most of you, in my opinion...

Ah yes, and Edward and his first death, it was kinda funny how he clapped his hands for some useless attempt to get away

And his second death, dear god, this looks bad. His chest is crushed and have you seen the blood? He lost about a litre of blood in a few seconds and there are still people who hope he's gonna survive this... okay, think what you want, but he's definitly dead.

Hmmm, my theory of the end: Al will get free somehow (probably izumi-san or the two brothers can somehow interfere, probably roze too.... ) and he, being the PS, will sacrifice himself for his brother to come back to life, somehow.
We don't know what the PS can do, so al finds a way probably.
ok based on the (fake?) spoilers of ep51 so far, here is another theory heheeh

Roze wakes up from the trance, punches Dante in the face, Dante throws the baby up in the air with the impact of the punch and call up the gate by mistake. The gate suck her in...meanwhile Gluttony is eating Al but somehow the combo metal-philosopher stone doesn't fell very good on his stomach and Gluttony throws up lots and lots of a vomit-like prototype red stone on the floor, which reaches Ed's body and start the greatest transmutation of all times, bringing ed back to life as an alchemic god-like creature, restoring his body and so, he beats down everybody on the room, including Roze, Wrath, Envy, Gluttony and the half-eaten Al.

Meanwhile, Archer enter the fuehrer's house, kill his wife, Selin runs to the library to protect his father's treasure, Archer follows him, captures him, blow up the safe, pick up the remains, and goes down to fight the fuehrer. He sees Roy almost dead on the floor, start laughing, the fuehrer is already paralyzed, Roy takes advantage of the situation, burns down the fuehrer until his out of red stones and at the SAME TIME blow up archer to pieces.

The End

Last edited by OneTunaFish; 2004-09-28 at 18:03.
Old 2004-09-28, 18:16   Link #145
P!ranha
Oyabun

Send a message via ICQ to P!ranha Send a message via MSN to P!ranha
Yeah, pretty much what I expected. Not that with gluttony throwing up and edward beasting but something like that
Old 2004-09-28, 18:57   Link #146
veracromil

Send a message via AIM to veracromil
So energy is needed to transmute. I heard that In Dr. Marcoh's books theres a d20 filler system. I knew it, transmutations require mana.
Old 2004-09-28, 18:58   Link #147
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
mommy...hold me..
Old 2004-09-28, 19:41   Link #148
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
i just want to know is Ed ded foreva? i mean he is in the movie and looks older so how can he die now?....*starts sobbing* i miss ed! k well maybe in the movie he returns to life but come on thats next summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-09-28, 19:43   Link #149
Oneiropolos
Kuruizaki -Takamichi

I just rewatched episode 40 today, and the scene with Scar and Scar's brother struck me as important. Scar's brother gives scar the power of those 'souls' that's in his arm, and it's what likely saved Scar's life. And of course, Scar's brother dies. That was with an incomplete philosopher's stone- Al is now a complete one, so you'd think it'd be capable of more. I'm beginning to get a little worried that we're going to see a "History repeats itself", this time with Al being the brother that sacrifices himself. I want Ed to live, but he'd never forgive himself if Al did that...
Old 2004-09-28, 19:48   Link #150
DekaMaster
Banned

They have made it a point during this series that the dead can not come back. The only way you would see him is his body was used for Homnuclus and then it wouldn't be him.
Old 2004-09-28, 20:03   Link #151
dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
They have made it a point during this series that the dead can not come back. The only way you would see him is his body was used for Homnuclus and then it wouldn't be him.
Well they can get away with it by saying that he's dying, not dead yet.
Old 2004-09-28, 20:11   Link #152
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
It's been so long I can't remember the last bad episode of FMA, maybe there hasn't been a bad episode, and it looks like the series will end with a terrific final episode to end one of the best animes and stories ever.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Maes Hughes; 2004-09-28 at 21:34.
Old 2004-09-28, 20:40   Link #153
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
homunculus arent bad people..remember that..dante onli makes them bad by controlling them...so if sum1 were to revive ed via failed HT...he'd still be alive...but if sum1 else can bind his soul to his homunculus self...even better...thats whut all these homunculus need rite?..souls..to become humans...the p-stone is used to bind souls to things or people.
Old 2004-09-28, 21:17   Link #154
Iron Monkey

Everyone's basing their theories on Ed not dying in the TV series on the fact that he's in the movie. Well, I dunno, I haven't read the info on the movie yet, but can't it be that they'll do something similar to Escaflowne the movie for FMA? You know, have the same characters, but in a totally different story?
Old 2004-09-28, 21:21   Link #155
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It's been confirmed that the movie will take place to years after the events of the TV series, therefore, it's a sequel to the anime.
Old 2004-09-29, 01:56   Link #156
eabandit

i think that al will.. explode.. for lack of a better word, rush up to his bro, touch him, see the gate and the "truth," then rescue him from being pulled into the gate
Old 2004-09-29, 03:34   Link #157
qabalabard

who else thought it was funny that all al said when ed died was
''brother..''

........NOW THAT'S SOME BROTHERLY LOVE.

overall, i thought this episode was kinda hokey. anytime you mention energy, souls, and other worlds, it all sounds so cliche. which is definetly something i think FMA has done a good job of steering clear of. i still enjoyed it but i don't know the hell things will be resolved by next episode.
-kevin
Old 2004-09-29, 03:55   Link #158
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
You forget to mention Izumi and um... what's her name.. sorry I'm really sleepy so I can't think correctly. The girl who has the mole under her eye >.<
Old 2004-09-29, 06:08   Link #159
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

It seems people here forget one thing...
Reviving Ed with Human transmutation would only make a homunculus if the transmutation fails.
All that has to be done is not fail AND attach the soul and mind to the body as well. Something that Tucker failed at when he revived Nina.

So it is very much possible that Ed will be revived fully and completely with the help of the PS.
It shouldn't consume much of Al to do that.

Another unrelated thing.
When Scar's brother in some early ep understand why alchemy had been forbidden for the Ishbal people, I believe he realized the real truth. Namely what the source of energy for alchemy is.
Old 2004-09-29, 06:25   Link #160
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

I think I saw someone wonder why Churchill would want to talk to Hohenheim.

Isn't the answer pretty obvious?

Hohenheim have seen the some of the past, present and future of our world.
If you were in his place, would you not then try to use that knowledge in an attempt to change what transpires?

Of course you could also see it as Hohenheim's help is what allowed the events to take place the way they did in our world.
Closed Thread