AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-02, 02:51   Link #11781
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Apparently, this is the House GOP majority's idea of "job creation" and "budget responsibility" --- redefining rape so that women are basically toast:

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...ape/index.html

House Bill H.R. 3 redefines rape so that women basically have to die resisting, and apparently the authors have never heard of ectopic pregnancies as well. House Speaker Boehner supports this bill and named it a top priority ... which is a real blast of misogyny.
Whoever EVEN THOUGHT of such a thing should be raped. With a lawnmower, fuck. Let's see how they like it. Attempting to trivialize such a thing with these technicalities is ridiculous.

Of course, the party that claims personal responsibility is the one that uses it the least as we saw during the reign of Bush. Fortunately, this garbage would never come to pass, since anyone with a nerve ending would realize this takes us back several hundred years back. Oh wait, maybe I should be worried... considering who runs the place.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-02-02, 03:05   Link #11782
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well your people "did" vote for them...
Old 2011-02-02, 03:10   Link #11783
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well your people "did" vote for them...
Well, I apologize on their behalf, though I do say to them you make your bed, now you must lie in it.

And you know what the worst part is? It's retarded cuz well, as I suggested above males can get raped too you know. Are we gonna have such nonsense regarding that?

People who suggest such laws make good evidence for retroactive abortion.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-02-02, 03:26   Link #11784
flying ^

speaking of rape...

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...-into-suicide/ (nsfw)
Old 2011-02-02, 03:56   Link #11785
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
And you know what the worst part is? It's retarded cuz well, as I suggested above males can get raped too you know. Are we gonna have such nonsense regarding that?
You mean like this?

Spoiler for Shiori Vision v1.99 /w Mafuyu Bishie Add-on : Active :

But seriously speaking, that regulation seems to be a red herring on the GOP's part. As someone had said, they are elected to fix inflation and employment problems, not these nitty gritty stuff that doesn't alter whether people get food on their table or not.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-02, 05:31   Link #11786
saya_leviathan

Flights delayed as Japan's 'James Bond' volcano erupts

Quote:
TOKYO (AFP) - – A series of spectacular eruptions from a volcano in southern Japan fired columns of ash and smoke thousands of metres in the air, with the cloud delaying some international flights to Tokyo.

The 1,421-metre (4,689-feet) Shinmoedake volcano in the Kirishima range, featured in the 1967 James Bond film "You Only Live Twice", continued the series of deafening blasts which began with the start of its first major eruption for 52 years last week.
Didn't know that this is where they shot "You Only Live Twice". Looks like Blofeld's base is completely gone.
Old 2011-02-02, 06:36   Link #11787
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
Flights delayed as Japan's 'James Bond' volcano erupts

Didn't know that this is where they shot "You Only Live Twice". Looks like Blofeld's base is completely gone.
Or Blofeld's successor is making preparations for a new secret missile station
Old 2011-02-02, 07:37   Link #11788
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Egypt's army tells anti-Mubarak protesters "enough"
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...70O3UW20110202
Old 2011-02-02, 07:48   Link #11789
killer3000ad

Spam SMS saved the day, prematurely detonates suicide bomber
A would-be Black Widow suicide bomber was undone when the mobile phone company sent her a New Year greeting SMS that detonated her explosive vest, killing her in a safehouse in Moscow.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2011-02-02 at 10:08.
Old 2011-02-02, 11:05   Link #11790
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You mean like this?

Spoiler for Shiori Vision v1.99 /w Mafuyu Bishie Add-on : Active :

But seriously speaking, that regulation seems to be a red herring on the GOP's part. As someone had said, they are elected to fix inflation and employment problems, not these nitty gritty stuff that doesn't alter whether people get food on their table or not.

Very typical. Of both parties.

Anyways, happy lunar new year.
Old 2011-02-02, 12:05   Link #11791
GundamFan0083

I'm going to work in -8 degree weather today (like many Americans) and it occurred to me that it is only fair to remind everyone what the US congress (in particular the Democrats) tried to sell us on a few years back on Global changes in climate and of course the Cap and Trade bill.

Here's the current reality.

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/new...xt-five-wi.asp

After this winter, with record breaking snows and cold temps everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere, Al Gore is once again trying to blame ManBearPig for these natural changes in the climate.

If we have a dry winter with drought...it's ManBearPig (AGW).
If we have a cold wet winter with blizzards and record cold...it's ManBearPig (AGW).
He (and his followers) can't have it both ways.
I hope that after this winter people will get back to the real problem, that is pollution, instead of worring about a make believe bogeyman like Anthropogenic Global Warming.
Real environmental issues, like actual pollution of our streams, air, and soil, need to take precedence over this make believe nonsense.

South Park did a fine job of pointing out just how ridiculous AGW and Al Gore actually are:

Old 2011-02-02, 12:46   Link #11792
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Help me out here... is your argument based on the fact we are having a record breaking snowy year and cold weather negates any insinuation at global warming? Should I also ignore three separate sources published earlier in the year which shows an overall rise to the global temperature (1.12 F according to NOAA, one of the three sources) indicating we had the warmest year alongside of year 2005 since record keeping began?

Global Warming is not equal to US's having an unusually snowy year. Concept of Global Warming is tiny bit different. South Park video is entertaining though..
Old 2011-02-02, 12:48   Link #11793
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

@GundamFan0083,

admittedly, for some Americans the USA is basically what they know of the world. Still, that alone doesn't mean, that a normal winter in the US proves or disproves anything on a global level. This is something for the Silly News Story thread, doesn't really fit either... since it is your twist to it that makes it silly
Old 2011-02-02, 13:00   Link #11794
JC...
I am a Pie

Global Warming is now Global Climate Disruption.
Old 2011-02-02, 13:09   Link #11795
Tom Bombadil

@GundamFan0083, What about record flood across the whole southern hemisphere? What about drought and warm winter in northern China now? What the severe heat in Russia last summer? I know "global warming" is kind of misleading, but climate change is happening. In fact, the record snow and low temperature might be a sign, too. But people are still denying evolution, I guess it will take some real disasters before they admits climate change.

Oh, by the way, not every body use Fahrenheit. -8 degree Celsius is cold, but not that cold.
Old 2011-02-02, 13:24   Link #11796
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post

Oh, by the way, not every body use Fahrenheit. -8 degree Celsius is cold, but not that cold.
Gundam is saying his area today shows -8 degree in temperature. Considering he is from US, more than likely he is saying -8 degree Fahrenheit.
Old 2011-02-02, 14:07   Link #11797
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Yeah, global warming means a rise in global temperatures. Local temperatures in some areas may actually get colder due to the effect that has on weather patterns though.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2011-02-02, 14:27   Link #11798
flying ^

more wonderfulness from the EPA

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/feb/01/sowell/
Old 2011-02-02, 14:40   Link #11799
flying ^

Quote:
a poke @ Obamacare?
sounds interesting...

Quote:
Rep. Hal Wick, R-Sioux Falls, is sponsoring the bill and knows it will be killed. But he said he is introducing it to prove a point that the federal health care reform mandate passed last year is unconstitutional.

“Do I or the other cosponsors believe that the State of South Dakota can require citizens to buy firearms? Of course not. But at the same time, we do not believe the federal government can order every citizen to buy health insurance,” he said.
Old 2011-02-02, 15:05   Link #11800
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
I'm going to work in -8 degree weather today (like many Americans) and it occurred to me that it is only fair to remind everyone what the US congress (in particular the Democrats) tried to sell us on a few years back on Global changes in climate and of course the Cap and Trade bill.

Here's the current reality.

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/new...xt-five-wi.asp

After this winter, with record breaking snows and cold temps everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere, Al Gore is once again trying to blame ManBearPig for these natural changes in the climate.

If we have a dry winter with drought...it's ManBearPig (AGW).
If we have a cold wet winter with blizzards and record cold...it's ManBearPig (AGW).
He (and his followers) can't have it both ways.
I hope that after this winter people will get back to the real problem, that is pollution, instead of worring about a make believe bogeyman like Anthropogenic Global Warming.
Real environmental issues, like actual pollution of our streams, air, and soil, need to take precedence over this make believe nonsense.

South Park did a fine job of pointing out just how ridiculous AGW and Al Gore actually are:

Ohohohoho. Another person attributing the apparent sectional weather with global weather.

Global warming is the global increase in average temperature. If you notice, every year has seemingly different weather averages. One year might have a surprisingly hot temperature, or maybe cold. But over all, the entire average global temperate is increasing. This can cause strange weather phenomena not usually seen. When the ice caps melt up north, all that cold water seeps throughout the oceans.

This poor, cold weather may not necessarily be caused directly because of GW, but it is still quite possible that it is.

Remember, just because the fridge is cold inside, doesn't mean the house isn't warmer.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international