AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-09, 14:50   Link #2301
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
I see, about the Lanceren, the name is just because Lloyd and Rakshata built it together.

However the names can be changed in every time, thy're just sketches in the paper for now.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 14:53   Link #2302
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
what weapon's have you used
i got a whole concept of new weapons
Old 2009-07-09, 14:59   Link #2303
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

well, the big percentage are weapon really under test and project, like the gauss rifle/cannon.

No hadron weapons or radiation systems, they're outlaw.
Old 2009-07-09, 15:12   Link #2304
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i have two new weapon concepts

1)MSV shielding based close range weapons
it basiclly takes the elements that were found in the lancelot's leg shields and the percival's energy drill and takes them to a more basic level

for example, a KMF that has arm mounted MSV shielding like the lancelot, but the shields can also form into a different shape
one that looks like a blaze lumius spike
which allows a KMF to litteraly use its punches as weapons and give them luminus gloves (stronger penetraion, without risk of damage to limb)

or a hand held shield like the percival's only instead of a rocket launcher, it has a blaze luminus generator that forms a spike around the shield (turning it into a shield AND a lance at the same time

2)gefun emitter
a farther development of the gefun disturber, it basiclly mounts onto the back of a KMF in the same way that the gefun net does
only instead of little missiles, it simply starts emitting the EMP directly from the KMF itself to about 300 meter radius around it
it makes the machine and anything in the 300 meter radius around it invisible to radar or any other form of electronic detection
but because the machine iteslf is emitting this pulse, it also suffers from its effect, reducing the preformence of the KMF considerably when the emitter is turned on
Old 2009-07-09, 15:15   Link #2305
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

I hope tomorrow to add some of the sketches.
Old 2009-07-09, 17:07   Link #2306
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I find it amusing that everyone here is trying to find ways to make Knightmare Frames even more ridiculously OTT Super Robots, while none of the KMFs in my fic can even fly, except for Lancelot's experimental float unit.

In the story it was deemed awesome but impractical due to its enormous energy drain, seriously limiting the active time of the mech. So the new version of Suzaku's mech has mounting points for it for specialized missions, but otherwise no KMFs fly.

I've scaled back melee fighting as well... KMFs acting more like walking and skating upright tanks than enormous superpowered metal people. ^^;

Cause you know, seriously, what are aerospace fighters for if mechs can fly? It's ludicrous.

Edit: Oh yeah and both the Avalon and the Ikaruga are ships (the floating-on-water kind) instead of giant atmospheric flying thingy. Ikaruga is still also a submarine too though. Damocles stops being a floating fortress the size of an Imperial Star Destroyer and instead becomes an unmanned Kill Sat that launches FLEIAs.

So yeah I'm just taking R2, removing the worst wallbangers and turning the Real Robot roots of the show back up to eleven.
Old 2009-07-09, 17:17   Link #2307
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
I hope tomorrow to add some of the sketches.
I thought we weren't allowed to add fan made creations in this thread. (Since I got scolded when I tried the same thing many pages back)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 17:18   Link #2308
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I find it amusing that everyone here is trying to find ways to make Knightmare Frames even more ridiculously OTT Super Robots, while none of the KMFs in my fic can even fly, except for Lancelot's experimental float unit.

In the story it was deemed awesome but impractical due to its enormous energy drain, seriously limiting the active time of the mech. So the new version of Suzaku's mech has mounting points for it for specialized missions, but otherwise no KMFs fly.

I've scaled back melee fighting as well... KMFs acting more like walking and skating upright tanks than enormous superpowered metal people. ^^;

Cause you know, seriously, what are aerospace fighters for if mechs can fly? It's ludicrous.

Edit: Oh yeah and both the Avalon and the Ikaruga are ships (the floating-on-water kind) instead of giant atmospheric flying thingy. Ikaruga is still also a submarine too though. Damocles stops being a floating fortress the size of an Imperial Star Destroyer and instead becomes an unmanned Kill Sat that launches FLEIAs.

So yeah I'm just taking R2, removing the worst wallbangers and turning the Real Robot roots of the show back up to eleven.
I second that in regards to aircraft. Since there were flying robots in R2, why the hell didn't any faction use fighters in the Code Geass universe at all? Was the images of YF-23s in the beginning of the R1 intro just to tease us?
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 17:24   Link #2309
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

In a Real Robot world like Code Geass (at least, in season one anyway), tank-buster planes like an A-10 could cause serious damage to Knightmares. They'd likely be just as effective against KMFs as they are against regular tanks.

Really this is kind of the reason why humongous mecha aren't too realistic, even in the Real Robot aspect. Gundam usually tries to handwave the absence of combat ranges in the hundreds of miles by talking about Minovsky particles or GN particles or whatever magical radar-jamming mecha dust they happen to use.

The best way to keep the giant robots not feeling like just an excuse to use giant robots, and make it fit naturally into the story, is limit their abilities to basically just faster, weaker and more mobile tanks. Super Prototypes notwithstanding, of course.
Old 2009-07-09, 17:25   Link #2310
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
In a Real Robot world like Code Geass (at least, in season one anyway), tank-buster planes like an A-10 could cause serious damage to Knightmares. They'd likely be just as effective against KMFs as they are against regular tanks.

Really this is kind of the reason why humongous mecha aren't too realistic, even in the Real Robot aspect. Gundam usually tries to handwave the absence of combat ranges in the hundreds of miles by talking about Minovsky particles or GN particles or whatever magical radar-jamming mecha dust they happen to use.

The best way to keep the giant robots not feeling like just an excuse to use giant robots, and make it fit naturally into the story, is limit their abilities to basically just faster, weaker and more mobile tanks. Super Prototypes notwithstanding, of course.
You're talking Tom Clancy/Larry Bond-type feasibility, aren't you?
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 17:26   Link #2311
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
No, it actually kind of did. Kallen herself said so.
I'm agreeing with bladeofdarkness actually.
Spec doesn't mean nearly as much as pilot skills. Look at Cornelia, she was able to rape Gawain, 1 7th or 8th generation, in a 5th generation frame.
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 17:51   Link #2312
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
Spec doesn't mean nearly as much as pilot skills. Look at Cornelia, she was able to rape Gawain, a 7th or 8th generation, in a 5th generation frame.
Cornelia was piloting a nimble anti-Knightmare Knightmare against a clumsy Knightmare designed to fire on large groups. That battle made perfect sense both by virtue of skill and advantages each machine had.
Old 2009-07-09, 17:54   Link #2313
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Spec doesn't mean nearly as much as pilot skills. Look at Cornelia, she was able to rape Gawain, 1 7th or 8th generation, in a 5th generation frame.
Ah read the rest of my posts after that. I did not say, that Kallen won because of her specs, it was an even battle for reasons i stated above.
I just pointed out, that Guren Seiten > all.
Lancelot Albion included, even if it is not a major difference.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 18:13   Link #2314
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Gawain is much larger than normal, is designed to fight more from the air than the ground. It's a bombardment-type frame--those twin hadron cannons are devastating at range, but useless in melee.

Guren or Lancelot, having forced the Gawain into a do-or-die melee scrap, would have tore the Gawain apart with ease. Even with the inferior production model Gloucester, Cornelia was kicking his ass.

I suppose Lelouch learned from the encounter with Cornelia when he had Shinkirou commissioned. ^^;
Old 2009-07-09, 18:36   Link #2315
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I thought we weren't allowed to add fan made creations in this thread. (Since I got scolded when I tried the same thing many pages back)
I written I'll add some sketches, but not where, I put them in the art section.
Old 2009-07-16, 13:18   Link #2316
faiz blaster

Don't know if this came up already but, does anyone knows how Tristan's Harken/beam cannon works?

Also, what's up with Galahad Excalibur? I know people said that its a MVS, but MVS work under a concept similar to high-frequency vibration swords, and I don't think this kind of weapon is capable of creating a swirl of light nor deflecting a high powered particle beam.

Finally, we know about the 7th and 9th, but what happened with the 8th Generation of Knightmare Frames?
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 13:23   Link #2317
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Don't know if this came up already but, does anyone knows how Tristan's Harken/beam cannon works?

Also, what's up with Galahad Excalibur? I know people said that its a MVS, but MVS work under a concept similar to high-frequency vibration swords, and I don't think this kind of weapon is capable of creating a swirl of light nor deflecting a high powered particle beam.

Finally, we know about the 7th and 9th, but what happened with the 8th Generation of Knightmare Frames?
The Tristan's Harken's are a snap-together cannon and the Excalibur is a big-ass sword with a shield built in. All KoR frames are 8th Generation.
Old 2009-07-16, 13:37   Link #2318
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The Tristan's Harken's are a snap-together cannon and the Excalibur is a big-ass sword with a shield built in. All KoR frames are 8th Generation.

Care to take this seriously, please?

I meant to ask under which precepts does the Tristan's Harkens work? Like I heard rumors that it had MVS technology as inbuilt features and by combining the Harkens, it could create and fire plasma. Does anyone confirm this?

Inbuilt shielding technology does not explain half of the things that I saw Excalibur doing.

Finally, ALL of them? That's hard to buy. Maybe if you have everything from Akatsuki and on, but there is no way that the original Guren and Gekka are anything beyond 7th Generation (actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be one of the few successes of the 6th Generation).
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 13:45   Link #2319
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Finally, ALL of them? That's hard to buy. Maybe if you have everything from Akatsuki and on, but there is no way that the original Guren and Gekka are anything beyond 7th Generation (actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be one of the few successes of the 6th Generation).
The technology that defines the Seventh Generation of Knightmare Frames is the practical application of Sixth Generation KMF technology: MVS tech, MSV tech, and the application of Sakuradite through the entire frame of the Knightmare.

What defines the Eighth Generation of Knightmare Frames, however, is the application of improved Float Systems, the ones that don't drain absurd amounts of energy when they're used. All of the KoR KMFs are Eighth Gen, and the Shinkirou, Guren Kakyoshiki, Akatsuki series, and Gareth are also likely Eighth Generation KMFs.

The Ninth Generation, as we know, is the Lancelot Albion and Guren SEITEN, which use the Energy Wings.
Old 2009-07-16, 13:52   Link #2320
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
I meant to ask under which precepts does the Tristan's Harkens work? Like I heard rumors that it had MVS technology as inbuilt features and by combining the Harkens, it could create and fire plasma. Does anyone confirm this?
It's never explained as far as I know.

Quote:
Inbuilt shielding technology does not explain half of the things that I saw Excalibur doing.
It's a big heavy sword that breaks things while the shield blocks energy blasts. What about this is hard to believe, aside from the standard fare about such a sword even existing?

Quote:
What Rising said. See this image.

Tags
mecha