Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-09, 21:40   Link #161
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
A bulletin board system (BBS) based on the interface of the large Japanese Internet forum 2channel (2ch) was formed on January 26, 2000 named "Leaf, Key BBS" (leaf,key掲示板, leaf,key Keijiban?), otherwise nicknamed as "Leaf-Key Board" (葉鍵板, Ha-Kagi Ita?). The board originated from 2ch's video game discussion board due to a dispute involving the game Kizuato in December 1999; Kizuato was an early game of another visual novel producing company named Leaf. Ultimately, fans of the game moved to 2ch's adult game board, but there was not much resolution, and at the time Key fans on the board were being shunned for discussions on Kanon and, at the time, Key's upcoming game Air. This resulted finally with the Leaf and Key fans moving away from 2ch and forming again on the PINKchannel Internet forum.
Basically, eroge fans got fed up with 2ch trolls, moved to another board, and then decided to not bother with anything 2ch related -- a simple yet effective strategy.
Old 2008-05-10, 02:55   Link #162
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
It will take pretty hard hate vote for a clannad character not to win. Its the complete darling to the american community, so it will likely get a very strong slant in its matches, so it will take a very strong anti Clannad vote from japan to swing matches in their favors. From last year as an indicator, it would seem that Nanoha and Higurashi have strong enough support in Japan to overcome the international fanbase for all things Kyoani. Although there could be split voting if it comes down to Clannad vs LS (if internationalsaimoe is an indicator, clannad will likely win easily)
International Saimoé does have a Korean Population, thanks to wontaek and his ambassador-ness to Anizone, so you can probably factor ISML around 20% to Korean Best Moe, but the Anime Saimoe Tournament of Japan is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
At the peak, Korean Best Moe Tournament have attracted close to 500 votes from 61 countries. Since nothing currently prevents ISML voters from voting in K. Moe, and the fact that large number of Koreans who votes in K.Moe participates in ISML, It is likely that whoever is in top 32 of current ISML will probably make it to top 32 in 2008 Korean Tournament as well.
And I fail for not reading ahead of time. I should have looked before I came and became redundant.

Quote:
The luck of the draw makes it almost impossible to predict who will be in top 4, but I strongly believe any eligible character who makes it to top 8 of ISML will very likely also make it to top 8 in K. Moe. Only way they won't make it would be that they were knocked off in earlier round by someone who also made it to top 8 in ISML.
Although Japan is another story, I applaud wontaek for making this observation. ISML does have somewhat of the luck factor in the schedules, but its effect is minimized as each contestant goes against another, so ISML tests the moé strength of contestants. It should be noted that by the time ISML's seeded double-elimination tournament begins, Korea will be in the round of 64, so the targets will now be on the back of ISML's top 16.

Also, with Anizone aware of the fact that ISML exists, there will be extra motivation for contestants that are not in ISML's top 16. The qualifications will state that those making top 8 in Korea Best Moe among other tournaments will be pre-qualified for ISML 2009. (Though, I do have to change the rules page, which I hope to get done during Amethyst.)
Old 2008-05-10, 04:43   Link #163
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
So no Nanoha, Higurashi ands lucky Star this year?

So Gekka form Kyouran Kazoku Nikki qualify?
They are reviewing Nanoha, Higurashi, and Lucky Star carefully. As of now, everyone in Nanoha ran in 2007, number of Nanoha episodes broadcasted after June 2007 is not more than 20, and no new ova or movie came out so Nanoha is out. Higurashi is 100% in as none got to participate in 2007. Lucky Star is more delicate as they are cross checking if anyone did not participate in 2007. Gekka qualifies, but she better have a official female version appearing on TV; otherwise her avatar will be that of jellyfish.
Old 2008-05-10, 05:15   Link #164
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Gekka qualifies, but she better have a official female version appearing on TV; otherwise her avatar will be that of jellyfish.
In that case, she would appear as a jellyfish.

(ROFLS XD).

I would love to see how much support she gets :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-05-10, 05:37   Link #165
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
They are reviewing Nanoha, Higurashi, and Lucky Star carefully. As of now, everyone in Nanoha ran in 2007, number of Nanoha episodes broadcasted after June 2007 is not more than 20, and no new ova or movie came out so Nanoha is out. Higurashi is 100% in as none got to participate in 2007. Lucky Star is more delicate as they are cross checking if anyone did not participate in 2007. Gekka qualifies, but she better have a official female version appearing on TV; otherwise her avatar will be that of jellyfish.
Damn, there goes a large faction as it stands.

And Gekka qualifies? I fell out of my chair laughing

I'd like to see how much support she gets too, Jellyfish Moe FTW.
Old 2008-05-10, 09:54   Link #166
UnDeaD

I still don't get why they keep doing these contests. It's extremely easy to cheat and there's no actual safety measure to stop such a practice from happening.
Old 2008-05-10, 14:46   Link #167
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
It will take pretty hard hate vote for a clannad character not to win. Its the complete darling to the american community, so it will likely get a very strong slant in its matches, so it will take a very strong anti Clannad vote from japan to swing matches in their favors. From last year as an indicator, it would seem that Nanoha and Higurashi have strong enough support in Japan to overcome the international fanbase for all things Kyoani. Although there could be split voting if it comes down to Clannad vs LS (if internationalsaimoe is an indicator, clannad will likely win easily)
It would have taken a pretty hard hate vote for a Kanon character not to win in '07. Oh wait.
lol@(if internationalsaimoe is an indicator, clannad will likely win easily)
If ISML was an indicator, why did only Sayuri (semi-side character) of the 10 or so Kanon characters in the contest reach the top 16?
And why did Yuki, who was undefeated until super heavy hate, reach only top 8 status in 2006 (after beating out Haruhi, who she recently beat again in ISML due to another bout of heavy hate and support.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
In that case, she would appear as a jellyfish.

(ROFLS XD).

I would love to see how much support she gets :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnDeaD View Post
I still don't get why they keep doing these contests. It's extremely easy to cheat and there's no actual safety measure to stop such a practice from happening.
O rly?
Have you tried?

I do remember that SaiGAR had heavy proxy voting, even though there was an hour wait before you could actually vote and it prevented the same IP address from voting more than once.
Even a smaller scale contest like ISML has preventative measures for multi-voting.

Now when we factor in that Japan's the world's largest forum is heading the contest, I would assume safety measures are quite high; I doubt it will be easy to cheat short of hacking the contest or taking a road trip around your city asking to use everyone's computer to vote.
Old 2008-05-10, 16:19   Link #168
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
They are reviewing Nanoha, Higurashi, and Lucky Star carefully. As of now, everyone in Nanoha ran in 2007, number of Nanoha episodes broadcasted after June 2007 is not more than 20, and no new ova or movie came out so Nanoha is out. Higurashi is 100% in as none got to participate in 2007. Lucky Star is more delicate as they are cross checking if anyone did not participate in 2007.
Boo Boo Boo

Quote:
Gekka qualifies, but she better have a official female version appearing on TV; otherwise her avatar will be that of jellyfish.
*heads off to round up the Cthulhu Cultist

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2008-05-10 at 17:29.
Old 2008-05-11, 05:50   Link #169
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
NO!!! Last year for Nanoha, let her in, oneegaishimasu!!! Well no point shouting here jus hope the Nanoha team quaifies tts all.

O i was betting with me friend 50bucks tt no new anime this year would make it pass round 2... Any hope tt i will have to pay up?
Old 2008-05-11, 08:18   Link #170
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
You know, I came under the assumption that Higurashi did participate in Korea... guess I was wrong...
Old 2008-05-11, 09:00   Link #171
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
You know, I came under the assumption that Higurashi did participate in Korea... guess I was wrong...
they did in 2006, but they did not fare well. 2008 might be different, though.
Old 2008-05-12, 04:13   Link #172
wontaek

News Flash!

Hatsune Miku is eligible in Korean Best Moe 2008 due to following reason

Zoku Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei (TV)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...sei_characters

Hatsune Miku (初音ミク, Hatsune Miku?)Voiced by: Saki Fujita

A character of a singing synthesizer application software. She appears episode 112 (episode 13 in anime second season).
Old 2008-05-12, 04:14   Link #173
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
This is the Vocaloid character right? Wow, this should be fun.
Old 2008-05-12, 04:17   Link #174
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
This is the Vocaloid character right? Wow, this should be fun.
Correct! The question become will people judge her only from the anime series, or overall body of work. If more people chooses the latter, people are already predicting that she may be of Elite 8 level.
Old 2008-05-12, 04:18   Link #175
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Wow, why does this happen just after I delete Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and empty my recycling bin?

But yes, I lol'd at her appearance, and yes, she did appear.
Old 2008-05-12, 04:18   Link #176
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I can't believe you watched 2 seasons of Zetsubou and not the others in your to watch list.
Old 2008-05-12, 04:21   Link #177
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I can't believe you watched 2 seasons of Zetsubou and not the others in your to watch list.
I actually watched Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei a while back and began watching Zoku before ISML.
And yeah, my re-watch list is getting pretty fat too, you don't want to see it.
I also have to add more stuff to my to-watch list, so it'll be even bigger.

On a related note,
go Shana!
yeah.
Old 2008-05-12, 04:53   Link #178
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
News Flash!

Shame I couldn't make it that far. I enjoyed the first season, but I sorta got tired of the randomness halfway through the second.

I just dont feel like picking this anime again...... even if it has Miku on it. >_<!

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2008-05-12 at 05:06.
Old 2008-05-12, 05:08   Link #179
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
News Flash!

A character of a singing synthesizer application software. She appears episode 112 (episode 13 in anime second season).
She also appeared on a magazine cover in Neuro but that probably doesn't count.

Although the Saimoe 2008 promo thingy is out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaN-EBP7gZU
And this should be the NicoNico link but I don't have an account so I can't check.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3231720

So if we take last year into account we can rule out everyone who appears in it from winning.
Therefore since Yako didn't appear in it she will obviously win. [/Delusional]
In all seriousness though since it devotes a section to eligible past top 8 we might not have this problem this year.
Also unfortunately they really could of used a few better scenes and fancier effects like last year.
Old 2008-05-12, 10:39   Link #180
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Haven heard from Da Capo gals...Do they sux?
Closed Thread

Tags
saimoe