AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-20, 00:38   Link #121
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
Solty Rei

i've seen the whole series and i heard there's a epi 25 and 26. whats it about? heard its DVD exclusive.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-01-20 at 01:23. Reason: Threads merged
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 00:55   Link #122
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Wrong section ne This post/thread belongs to Liscened section of AS .

Solty Rei was a good anime to come out in 06 though it didnt recieve the limelight it should have Are they Ovas or Spcl Ep ? ^^
Old 2007-01-20, 01:27   Link #123
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

There is no episode 26, but there is an episode 25. Episode 25 whose title is "Extra Episode," is an episode on the final DVD which...
Spoiler for episode 25:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 01:30   Link #124
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
No wonder, i've never heard of it myself. The plot seems interesting enough, i'll go check it out myself.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 01:35   Link #125
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for episode 25:
Old 2007-01-20, 10:02   Link #126
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The Funimation dub is now airing on my Comcast On-Demand service; I think they have the first four episodes.

I watched the first but didn't find it all that compelling. The characters and plot seemed a bit cliched. Does it get better?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 11:14   Link #127
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
It gets crazy, that's for sure. Though it's a bit clichéed here and there, it's a decent, enjoyable series in my opinion, but by no means is a must-see.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 02:19   Link #128
ThoHell

I just finsihed watching this anime, and it was pretty good. As for episode 25, i couldn't find out anything about it. Is it really another episode or part of episode 24? I would like to see 25 of it really does provide better closure!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 13:17   Link #129
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianocello View Post
Does anyone think that Solty reminds them (character-wise) of Lime of Saber Marionette J and that the RUC girls remind them of the girls from Bubblegum Crisis?
Though she is much more thoughtful, kind, considerate and even mature than her blue haired counterpart.

Not to mention FAR more adorable. She really makes you wanna hug her good every time she cries. Not since Kirika-Chan of Noir has there been an anime girl this cute when she is crying.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 13:48   Link #130
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Though she is much more thoughtful, kind, considerate and even mature than her blue haired counterpart.

Not to mention FAR more adorable. She really makes you wanna hug her good every time she cries. Not since Kirika-Chan of Noir has there been an anime girl this cute when she is crying.
Bah! Henrietta of Gunslinger Girl is cuter! But I do like Solty too.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 01:30   Link #131
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am reminded of the 03 anime Heat Guy J ... the more I think about Solty Rei
Old 2007-08-30, 17:01   Link #132
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
There is no episode 26, but there is an episode 25. Episode 25 whose title is "Extra Episode," is an episode on the final DVD which...
Spoiler for episode 25:
Dead thread revive!

On my Funi DVD's there is an extra episode which is double length and it is about Roy finding a lady who looks just like his dead wife. And the fun Solty and Rose have when they find out.

Old 2007-08-30, 17:09   Link #133
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Dead thread revive!

On my Funi DVD's there is an extra episode which is double length and it is about Roy finding a lady who looks just like his dead wife. And the fun Solty and Rose have when they find out.
sounds like a OVA
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 22:03   Link #134
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It's been over two years since I last commented at the Solty Rei thread.

The news is that since last week on Wednesday ANIMAX started to broadcast Solty Rei in my continent.

I really feel happy to rewatch this awesome series in my native language, since at the time of its release Solty Rei got licensed way fast and had to follow most of the show in the Japanese language.

Rewatching the anime again will make to appreciate several of the thing that I missed or that could not perceive in the first run.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 11:28   Link #135
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^

This is 2009 and it is still being aired on animax!! fortunately for me since i had never seen it before and now that i see it.........its pretty cool
christine_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 20:21   Link #136
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Today ANIMAX broadcast the last episode to Solty Rei, hence, I've already finished rewatching the series in my native language.

It was refreshing to take the ride again, as I did exactly three years ago.

I perfectly recalled that three years ago at this date the last three episode were broadcasted on the same day; funny thing!

Anyways, at the time I was hindered by the language barrier to be able to understand most of the dialogue, but thanks to ANIMAX airing Solty in my country I was able to understand most of the secrets...
Spoiler:

Well, I believe I can now kiss good-bye forever to this Gonzo title and ending things here full circle.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 13:28   Link #137
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Today ANIMAX broadcast the last episode to Solty Rei, hence, I've already finished rewatching the series in my native language.

Well, I believe I can now kiss good-bye forever to this Gonzo title and ending things here full circle.
Did you get the 'Roys Date' episode? Pretty funny.

Old 2010-02-13, 09:50   Link #138
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Advice wanted: which boxset to pick?

I watched the series yesterday and listened to the 7 drama CDs today and absolutely love it. Now I am considering to pick up one set of R1 DVDs for collection.

I have checked amazon and there seems to be two sets available, the more expensive one with 6 discs and the cheaper one with 3 discs. The 6-disc set is around $20 more expensive, but I am wondering if it really worths the difference.

I never listen to the dub track, but I really care about the audio quality of the Japanese track as well as the video quality. For extras, I am quite interested in production scenes / director interviews but don't care about the dub-related stuff.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 2011-09-01, 09:22   Link #139
YuriEcchiGirl

Solty Rei is a brilliant anime, I have the complete collection DVD boxset & enjoy it very much
Old 2012-12-09, 19:18   Link #140
Ledgem
Love Yourself

It's a bit of a thread revival, but I figure I'll post to say that I recently completed this series. For some reason I thought it was a series from the 1990's... the animation and pacing of the series certainly seemed to fit. I felt that it was an "anime's anime," involving some very stereotypical anime elements and settings.

I found a number of things about the series to be a bit annoying, and there were some glaringly obvious plot holes. Despite that, the ending was beautifully bittersweet (up until the very final sequence, anyway), which is something that I haven't seen in a while.

I rate it a 6/10. If the ending weren't done in the manner that it was, that would probably be a 4 or 5 out of 10.