AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-02, 17:27   Link #61
Red-Haired_Shanks

BUGGY WAS FUNNY!!!
He was hysterical when he found out they were going to Marineford...
And LOL!@Crocodile... he didn't even care when he heard Buggy's history..
I swear... Crocodile is one of permanent favorites...
Can't wait for the Ace Flashback...
At first I thought maybe Dadan was actually Kuma (that was awhile ago)...
But I can't wait to see if they going to reveal it...
As you all know... I don't care to much for Blackbeard so yeah...
Don't care too much for his crew....
Old 2009-07-02, 18:17   Link #62
marvelB

By the way, this really does go to show now just how much of a freakin' monster Magellan is for nearly killing off Blackbeard's crew. However, despite some people's complaints about Shiryuu being the one to save the day, I think the fact that Blackbeard actually laughed off his near-death experience (along with saying that those who fear death are the true losers) makes him all the more badass, as well.....

And going back to the ministory, I'm pretty much more convinced than ever that we'll be introduced to Vegapunk in the Marineford arc. However, I do NOT believe this means that Luffy will meet him face-to-face..... not yet, anyway. Oda had already hinted in an SBS that the entire crew would meet him eventually so they can learn the mystery behind the Devil Fruits, so I'd think it would just be a good idea to get his introduction out of the way now and then we'll learn all of the juicy info from him at a later point.......
Old 2009-07-02, 18:43   Link #63
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
That's a mistranslation, actually. It's more like Jimbei wants to apologize for Arlong's behavior and thank Luffy for ending his tyranny, but since they will soon be reaching Marineford, he'd rather focus on the task at hand and tell Luffy later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Even if you did not know that the Jinbei line was a mistranslation, the image of Arlong should have been more than sufficient to show that Jinbei does not think of Arlong fondly.
Wow this chapter went from being enjoyable to sucking major a$$ the second I read you guys posts.....I Knew it was too good to be true, d@me you Oda. You guys must be talking about this line being the correct line?

Jimbei: (Even aside from this whole incident...... I feel a certain amount...) // ......... // (...of gratitude... and guilt... towards you...)
Flashback!Arlong: Shahahahah!
Jimbei: (But let us put that aside... // For now, we should focus on our goal...!!)

What the heck is this wimp feeling guilt for? He better be feeling guilty for having to kick Luffy's a$$ later down the line for what he did to Arlong! D@me I wish that mistranslation was real, it could have saved jins chracter.

Way to kill my buzz guys........chapter is wack, wack in chapter.
Old 2009-07-02, 20:15   Link #64
andy

It would have been stupid for jimbei to want to hurt luffy because of arlong . Arlong left his crew on his own why would jimbei want to take revenge on luffy for beating him up. It also looks like jimbei want there to be peace for both humans and fishmen can't have that with what arlong was doing .
Old 2009-07-02, 21:11   Link #65
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Wow this chapter went from being enjoyable to sucking major a$$ the second I read you guys posts.....I Knew it was too good to be true, d@me you Oda. You guys must be talking about this line being the correct line?

Jimbei: (Even aside from this whole incident...... I feel a certain amount...) // ......... // (...of gratitude... and guilt... towards you...)
Jimbei: (But let us put that aside... // For now, we should focus on our goal...!!)

What the heck is this wimp feeling guilt for? He better be feeling guilty for having to kick Luffy's a$$ later down the line for what he did to Arlong! D@me I wish that mistranslation was real, it could have saved jins chracter.

Actually I suspect this Arlong thing has a longer history. Could be that Arlong left because of Jimbei's decision to "join" the world government. And he turned violent and bitter because of the seeming betrayal of his good friend/brother/head Jimbei.

Anyway, Arlong would still be a major pirate power even in the new world. He may not be that strong in land, but fighting in water and against other pirates at sea I can see him winning easily by just sinking their ships with those water bullets. Won't be easy to defend against those.

Edit: Just to add a OT speculation. Any one thinks that given enough time to react and prepare, Magallen could possibly be able to function under the sea by coating himself in poison so that the water doesn't touch him? Similarly Ace could rapidly heat water around him so that he's surronded by a bubble of steam instead of sea water? I'm thinking along the concept of how Mr 3 managed to build a wax bubble so that he remained safe in water and n the croc's stomach.
Old 2009-07-02, 21:33   Link #66
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

This was not a bad episode at all. I feel sorry for the men following buggy. Its a shame they didn't pick a fight with Croc, Jenbei, Luffy, Mr. 1 and Mr. 3. But I guess Buggy is going to need decoys and distractions when the war kick in full gear.

I like how in one piece no matter how powerful you are your Kryptonite is out there some where. Shit I thought black beard was going to shake magellan off like a fly but he got his ass wasted and he would have died with out Shiryruu to save the day (And might i add Black beard is starting to get a badass crew together now that Shiryruu has joined).

Here is hoping white beard is going to be in the next manga or things are going to kick into full gear. The fact that the marines and WG have so much respect for White beards power makes his arrival very event ful and exciting. White beard may be old but his title as yonkou and his lengend for battling with Gold D. Roger make him Force to be reckoned with.

I know this is stretching it but I hope Shanks or Dragon or both will show up as well. This will really shake the foundation of Marine HQ and make the story line even more interesting. If i had to choose between another Yonkou making an appearence it would have to be Dragon becasue of the family connections to the two sons would make an interesting chapter and Nico Robbin would be the first to rejoin up with Luffy again.

Its also kind of sad to see Fire fist Ace walking to his execution. Fire Fist Ace is a pretty cool character and I would like to see why he hates his father so much. When he gets freed I hope he shows off some series skills. He is a Logia user and this is kind of shame to see man well known and history of powerful people in his family so down in the dump.

I also wonder what the hell is going through Admiral Garbs mind knowing his one grandson is walking into the war, the older Grandson could get his head chopped off and his son is waging war with the very government he is serving. Where did garb go wrong with his legacy? There as got to be a good story for this. Luffy following his dream because of Red Hair Shanks. Whats Ace's story and why does he hate his father so much? Why is Dragon waging war against the Government? This stuff could probably fill up to 5 to 10 chapters. I sure hope Admiral Garb is going to particpate in this war and with family history of having haki and he better have haki to. Admiral Garb is hiding his potential especially for a man who stories include corning Gold D. Roger and fighting White Beard.

This would be an awesome family reunion.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2009-07-02 at 22:17. Reason: forgot to add a thought
Old 2009-07-02, 22:13   Link #67
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post

I would wait for a expansion of this idea...maybe you are right, and He feels guilt that he is about to turn on Luffy once this is over. and the gratitude part for taking him out of Impel down...

And this chapter was meh for me, I felt there were too many Buggy fill ins (giving us information on Buggy we already knew)
Old 2009-07-02, 22:39   Link #68
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
It would have been stupid for jimbei to want to hurt luffy because of arlong.
No, it would be different and exciting. These are Pirates after all.

Quote:
Arlong left his crew on his own why would jimbei want to take revenge on luffy for beating him up. It also looks like jimbei want there to be peace for both humans and fishmen can't have that with what arlong was doing .
We don't know why Arlong left, all we know is......."In exchange for Jinbei's participation in the Seven Armed Seas, he has set someone terrible loose in East Blue." There relationship (arlongs and jinbei) could be something deeper then good Fish, bad fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
I would wait for a expansion of this idea...maybe you are right, and He feels guilt that he is about to turn on Luffy once this is over. and the gratitude part for taking him out of Impel down...

And this chapter was meh for me, I felt there were too many Buggy fill ins (giving us information on Buggy we already knew)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 2009-07-02, 23:57   Link #69
Zek
Eyebrows...

I don't see any hint of a big story behind the Arlong reference... Jimbei feels grateful to Luffy for beating him, and guilty about all the trouble he caused.
Old 2009-07-03, 01:31   Link #70
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
I don't see any hint of a big story behind the Arlong reference... Jimbei feels grateful to Luffy for beating him, and guilty about all the trouble he caused.
Which is why it sucks.
Old 2009-07-03, 02:35   Link #71
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, this really does go to show now just how much of a freakin' monster Magellan is for nearly killing off Blackbeard's crew. However, despite some people's complaints about Shiryuu being the one to save the day, I think the fact that Blackbeard actually laughed off his near-death experience (along with saying that those who fear death are the true losers) makes him all the more badass, as well......
I'm actually baffled by the fact that Shiryuu had to rescue them. Sure, the 'fate' thing is all fine and dandy, but ever since BB was introduced we've learned he's a cunning bastard with a masterplan. You'd think it's in his character to learn about the possible dangers he and his crew have to face when entering ID. It just strikes me as odd that he wouldn't do some research on the warden (or at least heard rumors about Magellan), and was completely surprised by M's. abilities.

I mean, it wasn't like he planned a stealthy entrance...
Old 2009-07-03, 03:33   Link #72
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
^It was like an Easter egg hunt but I found someone with the eggs to admit it.

I was cool when the marines said they need to open the gates of Justice to allow team Resue Ace into Marineford and if they didn't, team save me would be caught in the current. But I was also losing composure because we could be spending the next chapters on the ship trying to get the gates open, especially with three hours left. Hopefully they show up to the party late..or never..
Old 2009-07-03, 06:09   Link #73
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The last page was full of irony, Ace remembering the "more freedom than anyone" right when he's about to be executed in the most exemplary fashion.
Old 2009-07-03, 06:25   Link #74
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
^It was like an Easter egg hunt but I found someone with the eggs to admit it.

I was cool when the marines said they need to open the gates of Justice to allow team Resue Ace into Marineford and if they didn't, team save me would be caught in the current. But I was also losing composure because we could be spending the next chapters on the ship trying to get the gates open, especially with three hours left. Hopefully they show up to the party late..or never..
Maybe Whitebeard will have the gates blown open by the time Luffy and company arrive.

And I can't wait to see Buggy's new bounty.

Last edited by Tommy; 2009-07-03 at 06:44.
Old 2009-07-03, 10:57   Link #75
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Which is why it sucks.
Kinda see what u mean...it does make Jimbei look like a stereotypical good guy and a rather shallow character.

On the other hand, the translation is rather unclear, so we'll just have to see how Oda plays this one out.
Old 2009-07-03, 11:18   Link #76
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I didn't pay much attention to this part of the story, but I got the impression, that Jinbei is worried about something concerning Arlong. Like maybe Arlong beeing free somewhere hunting for Luffy or the like.

I didn't really like the Shiryuu part. I mean: Hey, let's introduce a mysterious powerful character. And then let him switch sides, even before he showed what exactly he is capable of,withoput really explaining why.
Since he was part of the ID staff, he should have some sense of justice, so immediately joining blackbeard seems even more strange, than when Zoro joined Luffy.
Who says Shiryuu isn't to betray BB and surprise-attack him with his little team, hoping to "kill the man who invaded ID and reclaim Magellan's position"?
Old 2009-07-03, 13:01   Link #77
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I didn't pay much attention to this part of the story, but I got the impression, that Jinbei is worried about something concerning Arlong. Like maybe Arlong beeing free somewhere hunting for Luffy or the like.

I didn't really like the Shiryuu part. I mean: Hey, let's introduce a mysterious powerful character. And then let him switch sides, even before he showed what exactly he is capable of,withoput really explaining why.
Since he was part of the ID staff, he should have some sense of justice, so immediately joining blackbeard seems even more strange, than when Zoro joined Luffy.

There was no need to explain he was on death row before luffy came . You also saw that he likes to kill people no matter what side there were on. So with BB crew he get kill more plus he free. Don't need any more than that .He has nothing to lose going with BB and everything to lose to fight for people who put him in jail in first place.I think he was part of ID staff just so he can kill people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Kinda see what u mean...it does make Jimbei look like a stereotypical good guy and a rather shallow character.

On the other hand, the translation is rather unclear, so we'll just have to see how Oda plays this one out.

That is what he is , hell he going to war to save WB so his island can be safe. Which makes you wonder, the WG is really good for nothing . It is WB that has fishman island in peace while the WG does nothing to help it . So jimbei just gave up being a warlord to save his island . A stereotypical good guy . To tell the truth he seems to be the only good guy out of the warlords.

Last edited by andy; 2009-07-03 at 13:12.
Old 2009-07-03, 13:24   Link #78
kakakka

Quote:
it does make Jimbei look like a stereotypical good guy and a rather shallow character.
Hmm... Yeah, it's really an opportunity missed to create some 'layer' to Jimbei's character, but then again he's the 'Knight of the Seas', if he did defend Arlong (and seeks revenge against Luffy), then he's just 'Knight of Fishmen'...
Old 2009-07-03, 13:36   Link #79
Blackbeard D. Kuma

While it was very impressive that Magellan took out the whole BB crew in one hit, I'm confident that they're not at their final strength yet. The BB crew is just like the strawhats, in that they're still growing in strength as the story progresses.

As for Jimbei's character, I'm actually quite pleased with the way he turned out. I think it would be pretty boring and redundant if Jimbei was merely an Arlong Version 2.0. In contrast to the other warlords, Jimbei is certainly unique and fresh, in the sense that he has a strong sense of justice and is actually good in nature. The alignments of the other warlords range from neutral to evil, so he definitely stands out, I feel.
Old 2009-07-03, 14:58   Link #80
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
That is what he is,
and that is why it
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
As for Jimbei's character, I'm actually quite pleased with the way he turned out. I think it would be pretty boring and redundant if Jimbei was merely an Arlong Version 2.0. In contrast to the other warlords, Jimbei is certainly unique and fresh, in the sense that he has a strong sense of justice and is actually good in nature. The alignments of the other warlords range from neutral to evil, so he definitely stands out, I feel.
I don't want a Arlong 2.0. I want a good chracter found in Jinbei besides the predictable good guy Seven Armed Seas friend of Luffy's, that has no depth what so ever when something as deep as racism etc is involved. I wish Jin and Fisher Tiger would trade places, at this point in the story. So far Fisher Tiger is the one who turned out to be the fish I wanted Jinbei to be for them long years.

You better make this right Oda.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-07-03 at 15:25. Reason: Seems I missed one
Closed Thread