AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-12-28, 01:20   Link #141
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Well, for me at least, I hope that Sasuke will be the final boss. Obito is on the verge of being washed up, and Madara, apart from being powerful, doesn't seem to have much going for him in terms of character and motives. If the underlying theme of this series is that love will break the cycle of hatred, then Sasuke wears the mantle of hatred much better than Madara and Obito imo.

Ideally I'd like to see Sasuke unsealing Hashirama from the death god to take out Madara.
I just want to see Sasuke, period. This manga is getting too corny.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 02:16   Link #142
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
everything is in place. Hinata with naruto, sasuke with sakura.
Old 2012-12-28, 03:15   Link #143
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
everything is in place. Hinata with naruto, sasuke with sakura.
How you came to this conclusion, I have no idea

If Kishi is really thinking of paring Naruto with Hinata. Then I wonder how will he resolve Naruto's feelings for Sakura. If Naruto is now suddenly madly in love with Hinata out of nowhere. This manga will hit it's rock bottom.

In a logical sense no man or woman is required to love someone just because the other party is in love with them. But seeing how this manga lacks some common sense. We'll see how it goes down.
Old 2012-12-28, 03:50   Link #144
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Pretty ok chapter but you know what would have been nice? To have a better chapter to close 2012 with something of more substance .... like what Sauske and Orochimaru are doing
Old 2012-12-28, 05:44   Link #145
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
If Kishi is really thinking of paring Naruto with Hinata. Then I wonder how will he resolve Naruto's feelings for Sakura. If Naruto is now suddenly madly in love with Hinata out of nowhere.
I think for a long while Naruto really hasn't shown much romantic interest in Sakura, nor has Sakura responded with tough love.

I would say the action of holding hands standing together with Hinata is a sign of friendship and respect rather than romantic love.

As for Bee-san, how about a bijuu-dama in the Sharin/Rinnegan rather than the mouth if you're trying point blank attacks.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 06:10   Link #146
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
... sasuke with sakura.
hahaha please guys, stop trolling
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 07:13   Link #147
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Pretty ok chapter but you know what would have been nice? To have a better chapter to close 2012 with something of more substance .... like what Sauske and Orochimaru are doing
I don't think that whatever it is they're doing is even relevant to the current arc.

I also would like to point out that while Sasuke is targeting people you and I may view as innocent, it's no big secret that Sasuke does not view them as such. So the point is moot.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 07:43   Link #148
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
If Tobi being Obito doesn't make it the year of Kakashi then i don't know what does.
Maybe having Kakashi actually do something? You know, like it seemed he was going to do to the Seven Swordsmen before it all got brushed under the rug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Naruto himself even acknowledges that he could have easily ended up in Sasuke's shoes, had certain circumstances been different. But I guess some Naruto fans wont let little things like common sense, the authors messages, or facts get in the way of their argument. It never ceases to amaze me how people allow their bias to blind them from even the most blatant things in the manga : /
Good lord, do you have a perpetual bad temper or something? I've never seen you post anything about the actual chapters, only attacking members who post something even the slightest bit negative about either the writing or a character. Get off your high horse. And guess what? "If circumstances had been different" means it could have happened, but didn't. But I guess common sense eludes you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Pretty sure if they had cut away from the current battle right after Neji's death to show Sasuke's shenanigans, people would've raged.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 08:00   Link #149
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
How you came to this conclusion, I have no idea

If Kishi is really thinking of paring Naruto with Hinata. Then I wonder how will he resolve Naruto's feelings for Sakura. If Naruto is now suddenly madly in love with Hinata out of nowhere. This manga will hit it's rock bottom.

In a logical sense no man or woman is required to love someone just because the other party is in love with them. But seeing how this manga lacks some common sense. We'll see how it goes down.
Hahahaha, Naruto's "Feelings" for sakura Started because he was a child. I doubt that his "Love" for her went any further than that. Child crushes.

Not sayin Naruto loves Hinata now. But they certainly pointed out it can happen. Chances are NO pairs are going to happen on screen.
Old 2012-12-28, 08:47   Link #150
Casshern

Sakura may as well not exist, and it's been this way since she falsely confessed to Naruto, betrayed her team, tried to kill Sasuke (another betrayal towards Naruto) and then chickened out of that too. All those events had absolutely no purpose other than to ruin her character.

I can only speculate that, to Kishi, Sakura represents someone that he knows IRL whom he is not particularly fond of. I can't think of another reason why he would senselessly destroy a character like that. I can't imagine that in some part of his mind he could've thought that this would make for good drama or development.

He practically killed her off without killing her off. Anything that involves Sakura since then is a non-issue, just a page filler. Shame, since I liked her in part 1.
Old 2012-12-28, 09:03   Link #151
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Sakura may as well not exist, and it's been this way since she falsely confessed to Naruto, betrayed her team, tried to kill Sasuke (another betrayal towards Naruto) and then chickened out of that too. All those events had absolutely no purpose other than to ruin her character.

I can only speculate that, to Kishi, Sakura represents someone that he knows IRL whom he is not particularly fond of. I can't think of another reason why he would senselessly destroy a character like that. I can't imagine that in some part of his mind he could've thought that this would make for good drama or development.

He practically killed her off without killing her off. Anything that involves Sakura since then is a non-issue, just a page filler. Shame, since I liked her in part 1.
To me she started to fall into northing after the sasori fight.
Old 2012-12-28, 09:48   Link #152
Casshern

I was dissapointed from the start of part 2, when Kishi decided to make her into a weaker version of Tsunade (since Sakura is the only one who still hasn't surpassed her mentor) instead of going with the genjutsu type he made her out to be in the beginning.

To begin with, superstrength is probably the most unimaginative ability, and she doesn't even have any of Tsunade's special jutsu that make her stand out. It looks like Kishi really didn't care at all. If she just had to be a healer, she still could have been a genjutsu healer. But, as it turned out, genjutsu is overpowered against anyone who doesn't have a sharingan or a tailed beast in them. That would've made Sakura a little bit too useful for Kishi's liking. Of all the things he could've done with her he went with superstrength, the one thing that was guaranteed to be obsolete within an arc or two.

I used to like Sakura in part 1 because she was the only character who didn't come from a ninja-clan or have some special ability, let alone a bloodline-limit. But she was talented with chakra control, so at that time I thought that Sakura might not have the chakra to pull off something like chidori, but she could master basic techniques better than anyone else and fight with her brain like Shikamaru. Give her some decent genjutsu and she could get by and still be relevant.

Once I saw her in part 2 I was disappointed with what Kishi did with her. Her fight with Sasori was the highlight of her character's whole life but I didn't really care for it.

Btw, it seemed to me that Naruto was supposed to succeed where Jiraiya failed. I had expected Naruto to end up with Sakura for no other reason than Jiraiya failing to win Tsunade. I was curious what Kishi would do with this. Would he pair Naruto with Sakura the failed character, to prove the point that Naruto will succeed where others failed, or would he cop-out with Hinata? We finally have the answer
Old 2012-12-28, 09:51   Link #153
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
We all had love interests when we were in elementary school, but only a very few actually end up to live with that person, i guess less than 1%
But you're right, this manga is not really realistic about that. And we saw after the timeskip that Naruto didn't change, he was still after Sakura.
But i think Sakura's fake confession which was one of those moments where Naruto was unusually smart had the opposite effect on Naruto, Naruto clearly gave up on Sakura since he would never want to live in a relationship where the girl feels it's a sacrifice for her to be with him. So from that moment Naruto was free to be taken by any girl
Will the author show a moment where Naruto "falls in love" with Hinata? If he can't find a proper way to do it then he'll just do it off panel, for example after a timeskip Hinata is already Naruto's wife, or something like that, that would be similar to what happened in DBZ with Bulma and Vegita. Or do you prefer an awkward way of things that happened to Goku and ChiChi? Actually that was even worse than this situation, Goku had no feelings for the girl, he didn't even know who she is, he just accepted that it's his fate. Maybe it would be awkward only for western audience because in the east arranged marriages still exist
If i compare DBZ, One Piece and Naruto then Naruto still wins when it comes to romantic stuff, something is more than nothing
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 10:09   Link #154
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
If I recall, Kishi has said that would be the final battle; but like i said i can't really see how Kishi can segway to that fight. I mean after Naruto saves the world from a villian with a plan decades in the making, Sasuke seems like a real step down. Honestly, both Obito and Sasuke are out for revenge, but sasuke comes off as being even more petty and mindless than Obito. They are both terrible villians, though obito atleast had a rather natural transition to its final fight, where as sasuke might feel a bit more forced.
Well, it could be kinda like an epilogue to the story, similar to how Saruman attacked the Shire after the armies of Middle-Earth defeated Sauron. That wont be a great ending for me but it could work.

Personally, I would like to see Sasuke steamroll over Obito and Madara's plans.

I didn't like Obito's fight and interactions with Kakashi tbh, and imo he isn't even really out for vengeance. He's more like Nagato in that he experienced a tragedy and decided that the world needs to change, where Nagato wanted to change the system and Obito wants to change the nature of their existence.

As for Madara, the only interest he holds for me is the chance to see Madara vs Hashirama. I'll be very disappointed if he's defeated by the alliance.

If Sasuke can unseal Hashirama from the deathgod, then maybe he can also unseal the kyuubi's Yang chakra and become it's jinchuuriki. Then he'd be even with Naruto. In the end, it's about the Sage's sons fighting it out. Madara had his chance with Hashirama. Now it's Naruto and Sasuke's turn.
Old 2012-12-28, 10:13   Link #155
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
But you're right, this manga is not really realistic about that. And we saw after the timeskip that Naruto didn't change, he was still after Sakura. But i think Sakura's fake confession which was one of those moments where Naruto was unusually smart had the opposite effect on Naruto, Naruto clearly gave up on Sakura since he would never want to live in a relationship where the girl feels it's a sacrifice for her to be with him. So from that moment Naruto was free to be taken by any girl
Well, Naruto was always savvy enough when it came to judging people (Sasuke notwithstanding). He genuinely recognizes when people are lying to him or have some kind of deeply-rooted, inner pain (must have gained all those levels in Warrior Therapist from all the emotional abuse he himself suffered as a child). I do admit that he did seem to give up on chasing Sakura as after that point he has never really interacted with her (last time they spoke was when they were bringing Karin in and that was mostly due to the poisoned kunai that hit him, which she herself brought).

Quote:
Will the author show a moment where Naruto "falls in love" with Hinata? If he can't find a proper way to do it then he'll just do it off panel, for example after a timeskip Hinata is already Naruto's wife, or something like that, that would be similar to what happened in DBZ with Bulma and Vegita. Or do you prefer an awkward way of things that happened to Goku and ChiChi? Actually that was even worse than this situation, Goku had no feelings for the girl, he didn't even know who she is, he just accepted that it's his fate. Maybe it would be awkward only for western audience because in the east arranged marriages still exist
If i compare DBZ, One Piece and Naruto then Naruto still wins when it comes to romantic stuff, something is more than nothing
To be fair to Akira Toriyama, he did state that in regards to romance and relationships (that don't include Fierce Fighting BFFs), he isn't very good at them. But since he needed a reason for Gohan's existence, and since Goku cannot reproduce asexually...well there you go. Though I'll be the first to admit that despite his claims, the relationship between Goku and ChiChi got a lot better established over time, especially during the later parts of DBZ. Must have something to do with Goku maturing. Hell, even Vegeta grew to like his family and was shown to be deeply affected by them...even if he would rather die than admit it .
Old 2012-12-28, 10:56   Link #156
sayde

Quote:
Btw, it seemed to me that Naruto was supposed to succeed where Jiraiya failed. I had expected Naruto to end up with Sakura for no other reason than Jiraiya failing to win Tsunade. I was curious what Kishi would do with this. Would he pair Naruto with Sakura the failed character, to prove the point that Naruto will succeed where others failed, or would he cop-out with Hinata? We finally have the answer
To me, its only a failure if we're measuring success strictly by Naruto's ability to get with the female member of his team (and the initial girl he had eyes for)--which is a relatively shallow issue to seek success in in-and-of-itself. Its not unusual for people to develop a change of heart. And there's nothing wrong with doing so.

So while Naruto giving up on Sakura could make Naruto out to be a failure in one sense, being able to move on emotionally and to mature enough to find and acknowledge the one person who's believed in him the entire time (even when no one else did, including himself), could be considered a major success in its own right.

In the case of Jiraiya, I think his biggest failure in this regard is that he ultimately didn't end up with the one he loved. So as long as Naruto can eventually come to realize who his true love really is and find happiness with that person, it doesn't matter if it turns out to be Sakura or Hinata, or hell, even Sasuke, he'll have succeeded where Jiraiya failed. (IMO anyways)
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 12:28   Link #157
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Rock Lee should be with Sakura instead

Pretty certain for these

Shikimaru with Temari

Naruto with Hinata
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 13:07   Link #158
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I am not quite sure where all the "Sakura is being shafted" comes from.

In real wars did people put their medics on the front lines?

They didn't. What's even the point of that?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 13:21   Link #159
popsiclestix

Hinata now has the biggest target on her back.... man if she really dies, they better wrap up the manga really fast. Else, there would be some very pissed off fans.
popsiclestix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 13:41   Link #160
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I am not quite sure where all the "Sakura is being shafted" comes from.

In real wars did people put their medics on the front lines?

They didn't. What's even the point of that?
LoL, in front of the Jubbi, everywhere is frontline.
And did you even read what Casshern wrote?

Last edited by Eragon; 2012-12-28 at 17:14.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion