AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-06-07, 10:51   Link #121
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Those are just posters I think. The dimensions are far too large for a pillow case, and too small for a bath towel. (1200mm length == 1.2meters)
Well I have the magazine (Dengeki Daioh) and I am 100% sure that they are talking about pillow cases (抱き枕).

On a side note, here is a comparison image in another magazine (Megami)... So is that why Takeshi is so eager to turn Mayuko back to an a human (cf Mana) at all costs?

Doraneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 20:55   Link #122
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Well, at least Takeshi have an eternally loli girl as a wife or something now.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 21:26   Link #123
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
Well I have the magazine (Dengeki Daioh) and I am 100% sure that they are talking about pillow cases (抱き枕).

On a side note, here is a comparison image in another magazine (Megami)... So is that why Takeshi is so eager to turn Mayuko back to an a human (cf Mana) at all costs?

lol.... is a good point....
Old 2007-06-09, 11:01   Link #124
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

On chapter 5 of the manga, something "interesting" occurs. Just a quick sample.

Spoiler for Matsuri (NSFW):

The anime isn't being fair, on this particular regard

Now to something cute. Remember when Matsuri had ponytails (episode 6) ? Here's the Matsuri look-alike again (she with green eyes, like in the previous page).
How's a ponytails + chinese dress combo ?

1770x2550 - 951 Kb
Old 2007-06-09, 11:56   Link #125
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
On chapter 5 of the manga, something "interesting" occurs. Just a quick sample.

Spoiler for Matsuri (NSFW):

The anime isn't being fair, on this particular regard

Now to something cute. Remember when Matsuri had ponytails (episode 6) ? Here's the Matsuri look-alike again (she with green eyes, like in the previous page).
How's a ponytails + chinese dress combo ?

1770x2550 - 951 Kb
You're right, the anime isn't fair at all. T_T

I think the closest we got is Matsuri and Yorito on that futon. But, not close enough. XD And, also, seems Matsuri is slightly drawn differently in the manga, which is most definitely normal I guess. She just seems, hmm, more attractive in the manga. Though either anime or manga, Matsuri is still attractive.

As for the second picture, she looks so cute in that. Again, closest we got in the anime is her purplish/dark-blue kimono. ^^
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 12:43   Link #126
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
You're right, the anime isn't fair at all. T_T

I think the closest we got is Matsuri and Yorito on that futon. But, not close enough. XD And, also, seems Matsuri is slightly drawn differently in the manga, which is most definitely normal I guess. She just seems, hmm, more attractive in the manga. Though either anime or manga, Matsuri is still attractive.

As for the second picture, she looks so cute in that. Again, closest we got in the anime is her purplish/dark-blue kimono. ^^
Kaoru posted the link for a cross contents page where you can see the difference between original concept, anime rendering and manga.

In the manga Matsuri is certainly more.. let's say "developed" than her anime counterpart. The signs of that development are also readily shown.
But I have no doubt that the Matsuri of the anime is cuter. I don't know what it is, perhaps her mesmerizing eyes, her outfits, her soothing smile, perhaps that wonderful voice Mamiko Noto provides her. If I had to choose, no doubts
Old 2007-06-09, 22:25   Link #127
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Probably the anime toned down on the chest size (and some other stuff), to at least get in line with the original Naru Nanao designs.

Pellissier: I got the same pic with the same canvas size, but at a reduced file size. Hmmm...

Last edited by kct; 2007-06-09 at 22:36.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 03:40   Link #128
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post

I suck at kanji -- what kind of comparison is that picture supposed to be exactly? The heights of Koyori and Mayuko if they were the same age as the other 3?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 03:50   Link #129
JediNight
キズランダム

Some interesting cross-comparisons there. Takeshi looks older in the original design, while Aono and Mana look younger. Koyori looks younger in the manga than the original design or the anime. And yeah, looks like they bumped up Matsuri from a B to a C-cup in the manga lol...
Old 2007-06-11, 08:04   Link #130
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Some interesting cross-comparisons there. Takeshi looks older in the original design, while Aono and Mana look younger. Koyori looks younger in the manga than the original design or the anime. And yeah, looks like they bumped up Matsuri from a B to a C-cup in the manga lol...
oh yeah.... Matsuri is "bigger" in manga... =.=" ....
but i like the design and the look in anime...
Old 2007-06-11, 10:53   Link #131
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

LOL I like the design more in the manga

I also consider the manga to be funnier than the anime (which is always a plus for me)
Old 2007-06-12, 02:19   Link #132
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
I suck at kanji -- what kind of comparison is that picture supposed to be exactly? The heights of Koyori and Mayuko if they were the same age as the other 3?
The "special product" of Megami - breast size comparison.

I find the manga version of Matsuri much cuter at the first glance, but I would also choose the anime counterpart if I could make a choice. In short both of them are very well developed - just in differerent aspects (physical vs character)
Old 2007-06-13, 05:24   Link #133
JediNight
キズランダム

What's even the point of that comparison picture? They're seemingly all A or AA-cup if you went by it. IMHO Aono seems like an A-cup, Matsuri a B. Mana I'm not sure, at least a B.
Old 2007-06-13, 07:36   Link #134
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
What's even the point of that comparison picture? They're seemingly all A or AA-cup if you went by it. IMHO Aono seems like an A-cup, Matsuri a B. Mana I'm not sure, at least a B.

Sorry for the offtopicness... I have never thought of there comes a day I have to explain ちちくらべ.

No, the Megami comparision is not by the alphabetical cup size. The graph starts from the left, with "relative" breast size of the characters gradually decreasing towards the right. The Kanji lables are self-explanatory and are much more interesting than the alphabets. (爆>巨>豊>並>控>貧>無)

If you cannot properly project the correct image, try this graph by Sunrise. You can see the cup size is not the only factor in consideration, as indicated by the figures below. For example, if your dummy is even bigger than your F cup, than chances are that you will hardly get greater than 並.

http://2chart.fc2web.com/2chart/titikurabe.html

Ahh sorry again for the off-topicness...
Old 2007-06-13, 22:49   Link #135
JediNight
キズランダム

My point was just that sola really isn't the show to try to make a chichikurabe with. 2 of the characters are very young, and Aono is an A-cup. Plus just the picture they drew is about useless at trying to convey what they want lol.

The Mai Hime one works much better bc they're in underwear, and a larger variety of breast sizes to show off.
Old 2007-06-17, 09:14   Link #136
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Sola Doujin art:

Old 2007-06-17, 10:24   Link #137
Animaniac: DN Guy
Stick a Sock in it!

Send a message via MSN to Animaniac: DN Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
And well... something I made before...
Spoiler:

Cheers.
Owooo! Nice GIF!
Animaniac: DN Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 01:45   Link #138
GoukiYaga
Jigoku Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern View Post
1920x1200 , 0.98 MB

[/CENTER]
i suggest, if maybe you can make a wall with this pic using the same atmosfhere just matsuri
GoukiYaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 13:52   Link #139
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Matsuri sure is cute, isn't she?

1961x1234 - 1,4 Mb
Old 2007-06-27, 13:43   Link #140
Cyz
"Show it to me"

-> Now, let's give Mayuko a chance to shine