AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-05-14, 20:04   Link #1
TokyoSnowBunny

Send a message via AIM to TokyoSnowBunny Send a message via MSN to TokyoSnowBunny
Audio Problems

I recently went to watch some anime on my computer and all of the sudden the audio doesn't work on it. I realized that it stopped working after I did an update for windows Vista. I tried reinstalling the CCCP pack but that didn't work. I also tried it in regular windows media player and it won't open them at all. Oh, the player I normally use for my anime is Windows Media player classic. Can anyone help me?
Old 2007-05-15, 02:54   Link #2
emptyeighty

Get this tool, go tools -> test render, tools -> media info and tools -> CRC check on the file you're trying to play, then file -> save log and paste _only_ that final log here. It will contain all other logs created.
Old 2007-05-15, 12:33   Link #3
TokyoSnowBunny

Send a message via AIM to TokyoSnowBunny Send a message via MSN to TokyoSnowBunny
Spoiler:

I hope I did all that right and that this helps you out. Thanks so far.

Last edited by TokyoSnowBunny; 2007-05-18 at 23:12.
Old 2007-05-15, 12:47   Link #4
emptyeighty

Go tools -> advanced in Insurgent, select the following filter on the right and click unregister filter
Filter 0: Subtitle VMR9 Filter
Filename: C:\Program Files\Roxio\Roxio MyDVD Basic v9\AudioCodecCommon 9\dsfSubtitleVMR9.dll
Filter CRC: 9C7DA05E

Then reinstall CCCP with all default settings and use the MPC that's included with CCCP (Start -> Programs -> CCCP). If it still doesn't work post another test render (tools -> test render).
Old 2007-05-15, 19:13   Link #5
TokyoSnowBunny

Spoiler:

Didn't help, so here it is again.

Last edited by TokyoSnowBunny; 2007-05-18 at 23:13.
Old 2007-05-16, 10:10   Link #6
emptyeighty

Do you have no audio on any file? Or just a specific type?

Can you play audio files like mp3 normally?
Old 2007-05-16, 19:44   Link #7
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Please mods edit those posts and use spoiler tags ;-;. For the children!
Old 2007-05-16, 20:57   Link #8
TokyoSnowBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyeighty View Post
Do you have no audio on any file? Or just a specific type?

Can you play audio files like mp3 normally?
I haven't tried mp3s but I do know that the speakers work. I even tried rebooting my computer and that didn't help.

Spoiler:

Last edited by TokyoSnowBunny; 2007-05-18 at 23:14.
Old 2007-05-16, 21:01   Link #9
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Dear lord the pain.
Old 2007-05-16, 21:08   Link #10
TokyoSnowBunny

I'm only doing what emptyeighty asked me to do.

I can't get mpc to play them. It pops up telling me it's missing some codec but i've download the cccp and klite pack.

EDIT:

Ok, I just converted my anime episode from .ogm to .avi and the audio actually works on that. Maybe that will give you some idea of what is wrong.

Last edited by TokyoSnowBunny; 2007-05-16 at 22:27.
Old 2007-05-17, 04:00   Link #11
emptyeighty

NEVER have two codec packs at once installed. Disable UAC, then uninstall K-Lite and CCCP, reboot, reinstall CCCP with UAC still disabled. Are you using the MPC that came with CCCP?

Next time you post a log use [spoiler] tags to hide it.
Old 2007-05-17, 21:11   Link #12
TokyoSnowBunny

How do I disable the UAC? I found out that I can get the audio to work if I convert them from .ogm to .avi but then they don't have the subtitles.

I would of used the spoiler tags but I have no idea how to use them. If someone can show me I will be more than glad to use them next time.

Last edited by TokyoSnowBunny; 2007-05-18 at 00:22.
Old 2007-05-18, 06:09   Link #13
emptyeighty

No idea how to disable UAC, but 1.3 secs on google finds the answer. All i know is it causes weird playback problems.

Make a test render and media info(no full log needed) of a working avi file and paste that here after you've disabled UAC, uninstalled K-Lite, CCCP, rebooted, reinstalled CCCP. Make sure you install CCCP with admin rights.
Old 2007-05-18, 23:08   Link #14
TokyoSnowBunny

Spoiler:

I've noticed that .avi files work fine, but for some reason every other type of file, like .ogm or .mkv doesn't work.

Last edited by TokyoSnowBunny; 2007-05-19 at 11:22.
Old 2007-05-19, 03:47   Link #15
emptyeighty

Even on that avi ffdshow isn't used as it's supposed to. Are you sure you installed CCCP with UAC disabled and logged in as admin?

Post another full log with test render, media info and CRC check of an ogm and mkv.
Old 2007-05-19, 12:46   Link #16
Nicholi
King of Hosers

/me can read!

Truly it does seem like something fishy is going on, since you did have ffdshow from CCCP previously running. Make sure to add a full CCCPI log with each post you make unless otherwise noted. As of now it looks like perhaps CCCP isn't (or incorrectly) installed. Maybe from re-installing CCCP and uninstalling K-Lite in the wrong order.

I'm thinking I might have to reinstall ugly Vista to figure out how everyone seems to b0rk it up with UAC/etc :P.
Old 2007-05-19, 15:22   Link #17
TokyoSnowBunny

Spoiler:

I'm going to have to double post to show the other log. As far as I know UAC is off and I'm the only user on the computer so I believe I logged in as admin.
Old 2007-05-19, 15:23   Link #18
TokyoSnowBunny

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-19, 18:25   Link #19
emptyeighty

That first log is redundant as the second one contains everything needed.

So, ffdshow is installed properly on your system but for some reason it's not used in decoding at all. First reset settings in CCCP settings, 2nd page. Change no settings after that.

Then get this tool to make a more detailed test render of the same mkv you just used. Hopefully that tells me why and where your system gets stuck.
Old 2007-05-19, 18:38   Link #20
TokyoSnowBunny

Oh my god, I'm such an idiot. I realized what the problem was. I didn't have CCCP set to play .ogm and .mkv files with mpc. I'm so sorry to put you through all this trouble. Thank you so much. It's also kind of a good thing with happened because I learned a lot about these type of files that I might be able to fix any other problems that arise. Thank you so much again. I owe you big time.