AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-01, 01:05   Link #1001
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
NOTICE - Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt this at home.
I laughed really hard when the subs I was watching just randomly put this during Satan's finale.
Old 2011-10-02, 04:12   Link #1002
Kakkou
Tch.

The finale has aired and the ending was unsurprising, to say the least.
Spoiler for final episode:

On another note, it seems that the author and anime staff were also really hyped about the finale that they gathered together to celebrate. Someone in the production committee even baked some cookies:
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 15:09   Link #1003
ookamigirl

The whole exorcist group vs Satan/Gate didn't go so well.
Those brother don't know when to give up. Rin & Yukio working together & combining their demon power. Sunlight transfer idea was pretty cool & effective too.
Really nice final episode.

The episode continues after the ED song, don't miss the real ending.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 15:45   Link #1004
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The finale has aired and the ending was unsurprising, to say the least.
Spoiler for final episode:

On another note, it seems that the author and anime staff were also really hyped about the finale that they gathered together to celebrate. Someone in the production committee even baked some cookies:
Regarding Takara, maybe they're just saving whatever it is they've got planned for him for the movie? Or maybe they were just trolling us.

I agree AoEx was a pretty solid shounen anime. The excellent animation and musical score even put it a notch above the rest. Only thing I disliked is the anime original arc. Well, I don't really like what I've read of the current manga arc either, so it wouldn't have changed much for me if they had properly followed it.

& those cookies are cute. Love the little details like Yukio's moles
Old 2011-10-02, 16:25   Link #1005
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Like how they used the light from the Vatican and transferred it to Japan. Even Mephisto was surprised that the brothers turned into a phoenix. Takara still hasn't done anything. Hope he does something in the movie. Lol Shiemi yelling at them both. Liked that they both visited their birth place.
Old 2011-10-02, 20:03   Link #1006
Dralha

Spoiler for Final thoughts:
Old 2011-10-02, 22:09   Link #1007
Casshern

Name of the song and artist @ 08:35 anyone please?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 02:30   Link #1008
MaxFinn65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Name of the song and artist @ 08:35 anyone please?
It's called "Me & Creed", and according to one of the anime lyrics places, the singer is Kobayashi Mika, the lyrics are by mpi, and the composition/arrangement is done by Sawano Hiroyuki :]
MaxFinn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 10:37   Link #1009
klare

so the twins speak and act in tandem for the first time and defeated Satan

i guess the ending is ok, overall this series has good animation and some good fights, but i am not fond of the story and character designs
Old 2011-10-03, 12:18   Link #1010
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

They stuck to the source material way too long if they knew they were going to forced into an anime original ending.

It's a completely different series up until Rin's sword breaks. It had the pacing of a weekly shonen series until they decided to make the sharp turn in the story. Even the animation seemed different at the start. The whole mood of the series was different.

Kind of disappointed that the went with the lame "misunderstood monster" trope. It seems like they rushed the ending and went with something cliche just to wrap up the series.

The way this series opened, the way the stories were conveyed, really hooked me. The first half was extremely was extremely good. The last quarter of the series was disappointing. The other esquires were dumped in the gutter while Rin and Yukio did their thing. Boom... series over.

I hope Blue Exorcist gets a more "authentic" adaptation later on.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 16:21   Link #1011
AnimeNoob

I really enjoyed this series, I was wondering if there might have been a second season but from what I read a movie would be cool. Will it just be a spin-off type or a final conclusion?
AnimeNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 22:08   Link #1012
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well this wasnt to bad but the last few episodes just seemed so rushed
Old 2011-10-09, 15:50   Link #1013
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Highest Moment

Finally, I was able to end the last episode.

I could have wished for more build-up and more action for the climax, but it made me lots of happy watching four exorcists duking it out against the Legion, which was guarding the humonguous Gehenna gate.

The combination of both Konekomaru and Suguros' ideas to use the time difference between Tokyo and the Vatican, and then redirecting the sunlight from the other side of the world using the mirrors to Japan added the needed firepower to have tips of fate scaled to the favor of the Exorcists.

We get finally see Yukio and Rin fighting as one in badass, Phoenix mode to destroy the Gate, much to the delight and respect of Mephisto who recalls from 500 years ago the contract and bid he made against the original Dr. Faust.

At epilogue, we got the two brothers tenderly returning to their birthplace and reminiscing about their mother from the memories Yukio got from Satan, and Rin finishing that their parents wanted so much to live in the world they much struggle hard to live in it for all of them.

Last Thoughts
I did think it twice once I chose to pick Ao no Exorcist as a title for the previous spring season, because it was the type of shounen that I always enjoyed. However, I never expected it became much good because the emphasis inclined towards the personal relationships between Rin and Yuko to their other classmates.
The type of chemistry and interaction featured in Ao no Exorcist was different from the usual, mainstream shounen because Ao no Exorcist treats relationships in a more personal level rather than battle comrades toughened up by the experiences of being warriors.

While the title bears a few ingredients resembling to the likes of Bleach, YuYu Hakusho, and InuYasha, Ao no Exorcist delivered its own theme and style. The ensemble cast of young exorcists students are all likeable and defined. Mephisto's ambiguous nature spiced things up, and special mention go to both Father Fujimoto and Yuri Egin for the roles they played shaping those two brothers.

This was the last title concluded for the spring 2011 anime season.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 23:41   Link #1014
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Kuro Runs Away From Home" chapter OVA is out. Really good - all the sharp writing, wit and strong character interaction the adapted manga material has been known for. It's all Kuro all the time, so if you're one of those heartless bastards who doesn't like Kuro, it might not be your bag.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 15:15   Link #1015
ookamigirl

Special - Kuro no Iede

Spoiler:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 07:08   Link #1016
Ottocycle

For everyone who watched the show and loved the soundtrack, here's a clip of the live performance during the Blue Night Festival fan event.

Kobayashi Mika can definitely hold her own in a live act, though there's room for improvement.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 00:43   Link #1017
Kakkou
Tch.

30 sec CM for the movie:

I'm so excited. Sawano's score is going to be so epic, I can feel it.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 12:38   Link #1018
Sunder the Gold

Okay, I posted this in the thread for the manga of AnE, but it also applies to the anime.

Just in case such a repost would annoy people, I'm going to put in in spoilers, so it's easier to ignore if you want.

Spoiler:
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 17:17   Link #1019
Sunder the Gold

Too long, didn't read?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 13:05   Link #1020
Kirarakim

I am watching the anime now (I have 2 episodes left). I don't read the manga but I know the later episodes of the anime are anime original. Personally I think they are a complete mess even without knowing how things changed in the manga. It's a shame because I really love the characters which is what got me into the series in the first place.

I would read the manga but I am not sure if I want to get into a long running shounen manga.

As for the second half of the series I enjoyed the Birthday episode and loved the scene with Mephisto's drawings...that's about it.

Tags
fantasy, shounen