AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-15, 10:26   Link #21
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Not really... "Epic" would be Itachi, who was kage level when he was 7. Oro really wasn't anything special even back then if you think about it. Minato seems somewhere close to Itachi in ability/skill, so Oro wasn't even really senior to Minato. Jiraiya taught Minato(and was surpassed), and we can see in his Pein fight that Jiraiya was a power house compared to Oro as well.
No! Oro was and still is the power house of the Sannin. Of course Minato would show him some respect!

Foolish post sir, foolish.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 10:34   Link #22
GDB

Does Sakura know that the 4th was Naruto dad? Because if not, she better have some sort of reaction to hearing him call the 4th as such. Knowing Kishi, he'll butcher her character even more and make it seem like she's falling for him due to being the son of a Hokage, though.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 10:50   Link #23
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ He didn't tell everyone after Pein?

I don't really remember, but I thought he might've.

Even Raikage knows...
Old 2013-05-15, 11:13   Link #24
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post

Even Raikage knows...
-People who were confirmed to know: Tsunade, Jiraiya, A (Raikage) and Kakashi. I choose to believe that Naruto being Minato's son operates on the same magic as Clark Kent's identity as Superman. It should be obvious to anyone with a functioning brain but there you go. I wager to believe that most of Naruto's generation had no clue about him being Kurama's jinchuuriki until this whole war started as well.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:16   Link #25
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post

Even Raikage knows...
I think it's knowledge only top tier people where aware of. No one ever mentiond it so I just figured Naruto saw it as is own personal business and the fact his dad was hokage wasn't as important to him as getting to meet his dad.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 11:23   Link #26
Casshern

I always thought naruto was very excitable, impulsive and naive so that he would have told everyone about it, not to boast that he's yondaime's son, but just to share his happiness that he met his father for the first time. It seems kinda ooc that he never said anything imo.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 11:46   Link #27
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Well, so much for elemental affinity.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 11:57   Link #28
rd1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I dunno about all that, they go out to their way to show that its a 'basic' technique.
rd1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 12:07   Link #29
Casshern

Quote:
I was thinking about that too, but maybe they can manipulate the existing soil instead of moulding earth from their chakra.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 13:22   Link #30
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I'm impressed by the lengths Kishi is going to keep the fodder alive. The last few weeks it was the Naruto's chakra. This week was "Shikamaru will think of something" to save everyone. Next week Minato will probably teleport everyone out of there.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 13:25   Link #31
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

If Kakashi keeps talking he will be killed by Obito. I'm surprised Obito didn't trick Kakashi into believing he wanted to go back just to backstab the guy.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 13:33   Link #32
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd1979 View Post
I dunno about all that, they go out to their way to show that its a 'basic' technique.
It was supposed to take 6 months for a normal person to manage to crumble a leaf held in your hand, that's the absolute most basic test of elemental jutsu affinity there is. The author doesn't give a damn is all.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 14:01   Link #33
itachi-san314

^ shikamaru: "alright everyone, if we just all use a weak form of izanagi..."
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 14:49   Link #34
Crassa
Streamline

I think it all comes to will power on this one, with all the talk I'd like to think that they were actually desperate to save Naruto and on that note it wasn't long before Naruto stopped giving them his chakra so it wouldn't be far fetched to think that they still have a bit of the Kyuubi's chakra to boost their basic need to perform a simple earth jutsu.

@itachi how can you actually say that? While an Earth Jutsu consists of different techniques from weak to strong you can't compare it to Izanagi that needs the genetic traits of the Sage of the Six paths.
Crassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 14:55   Link #35
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
It was supposed to take 6 months for a normal person to manage to crumble a leaf held in your hand, that's the absolute most basic test of elemental jutsu affinity there is. The author doesn't give a damn is all.
Haha poor Hunter san. We both know this is true, yet were in so deep now we cannot get out...

Its been a long journey my friend and i admire your dedication, i really do.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 15:00   Link #36
Lendial

bulbasaur used hyper beam!
but really im not digging the corpse flower design on the 10 tails.
Old 2013-05-15, 15:15   Link #37
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Wait...so, they weren't supposed to be able to do that wall defense thing? What the shit?
Well, just goes to show how much of my brain shuts down when reading Naruto these days.

Btw, is Jubbi going to turn into its Kid Buu version or something? I was getting that insinuation from this chapter - or maybe I'm just imagining things.
Old 2013-05-15, 16:03   Link #38
Cookie-Monster

Mmmm I liked that chapter.

Finally the cannon fodder are being used in more tactical ways, rather than drinking naruto chakra and running around like headless chickens.

At first I was critical of Kishi's latest chapters but I got to hand it to him. Hes writing well so far.

Reason being I just realized that.

1) During Sasuke/Oro's interruption to visit the secret lair, all I could think was "I dont wanna see this crap!, show me the Naruto fight against Madara!"

2) Then he built up that "interruption" into a long slow (at times boring) backstory which finally resulted in the Kage's joining the fight and Sasuke/Oro switching sides. Now when he switches back to what I originally wanted (naruto army vs madara), all I could think was "I dont wanna see this crap! show me the Kages in action!"

That's a sign of good writing. When what you were previously anxious to see now seems less exiting, because even better setups have arrived. Even this lame Obito fight against Kakakshi might turn out birthing another intriguing angle that I'll want to see.

ps. I like Naruto's reaction to his dad. Shows naruto's growth. Hes not the goofy unawares kid he always was. Normally hed jump up and down with glee, and in the process get a bijuu bomb to his head when hes not paying attention. But you can tell that he had sensed Minato's chakra for a long time, and kept his emotions under wrap. He probably knows the other kage's are coming already.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 16:04   Link #39
james0246

Quote:
Couldn't it be that the only difference between a novice using Earth and a master is the amount of control over the element and how much chakra is wasted when attempting to use the technique? Honestly, I don't remember the training arc that well, but I thought Naruto was only training to master his wind manipulation, not simply to be able to use the techniques at all.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 16:11   Link #40
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
hehehe.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote