Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-04-29, 23:27   Link #1081
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
I disagree with the 1/60's (non-PG) being as difficult as a Master Grade, with the exception of the Strike Freedom. The 1/60's are just scaled up 1/100's with a bit of extra fluff added on, so I don't think a 1/60 is any more difficult. In fact, it maight even be easier since painting larger areas is much simpler.
I have to agree. I always thought the difficulty in painting makes the kit a little harder. *cough*SD Kits*cough*
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 00:09   Link #1082
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Send a message via MSN to The_Marshal_AEB Send a message via Yahoo to The_Marshal_AEB
Quote:
Originally Posted by infested_ysy
I think the whole "model level x" thing the American market tries to push is bullshit. You don't need any l33t hax0r skills to assemble an accurately moulded gunpla. You just cut out parts from the tree, maybe trim/sand the excess then snap-fit it with another part, as indicated by the manual.

As the kit grade goes up, there's more parts to be cut/trimmed/snap fit'd. Nothing more. You're essentially doing the same thing.
I havent bought an american kit before (I know they do their own leveling) so I dont know what are the levels they have and those levels I posted are from my own expirence
The_Marshal_AEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 01:14   Link #1083
viper

I assume the model level thing comes from OTHER models. In my limited knowledge, only gunpla are all snap together models. All other major branches of modeling -cars, aircraft, ships- are glue together, save for the beginner snap together ones. And trust me you'll need some skills putting together a Tamiya 1/32 F-14A Tomcat, if you want it to look presentable that is.
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 04:30   Link #1084
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Send a message via MSN to The_Marshal_AEB Send a message via Yahoo to The_Marshal_AEB
I know my 1st models were robotechs manufactured at the early 80s the whole thing is glue togther and fully white model
Old 2006-04-30, 11:01   Link #1085
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by infested_ysy
I think the whole "model level x" thing the American market tries to push is bullshit. You don't need any l33t hax0r skills to assemble an accurately moulded gunpla. You just cut out parts from the tree, maybe trim/sand the excess then snap-fit it with another part, as indicated by the manual.

As the kit grade goes up, there's more parts to be cut/trimmed/snap fit'd. Nothing more. You're essentially doing the same thing.
I always thought that the skill level thingy meant how long it would take to build it. I remember a commercial I saw years ago that basically said something similar.

Personally, I find 1/144 kits more difficult than 1/100 kits, because I really hate working with tiny pieces, and they usually require quite a bit of paint.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 11:20   Link #1086
ryan123

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Bandai produces them in batches, so don't worry, it's certainly not discontinued.

And regarding stores in Europe who sells Gundam models I'm afraid we're in quite a bad situation, friend. There are some here in Sweden, but they only ship locally. Archonia has a very small selection, which used to be bigger but they seem to only be emptying their stock and then never expanding again. They do have the PG Mk. II Titans...

I use HLJ the most, since they have decent prices and fast delivery, no problems at all so far for me.

Also, why must the boomerang on IJ's shield be so incredibly huuuuuge? It looks more like an MSIA ^^.

And you still have to remove the head to tilt the backpack - that's just silly ^^.
i recommend www.rainbowten.co.jp
it's 20% cheaper than HLJ.com, with same shipping
ryan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 12:23   Link #1087
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Yeah, but their ordering system seems like a hassle, and their site is difficult to navigate. I'll stick to HLJ, it works well for me ^^:
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 12:37   Link #1088
dardel
Gold Saint of Aries

Send a message via ICQ to dardel Send a message via MSN to dardel
ok, i knew that the higher grade there are more pieces. since gundam models are (well the bandai ones) snap toghether, even the PG, so i was wondering if someone with no experience could assemble ie MG zeta ver 2 or MG freedom. you know, there are resin kits that need to be painted, drilled, glued and things like that, but in a snap together? (you could paint the model so it'll look better right?)
dardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 13:13   Link #1089
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardel
ok, i knew that the higher grade there are more pieces. since gundam models are (well the bandai ones) snap toghether, even the PG, so i was wondering if someone with no experience could assemble ie MG zeta ver 2 or MG freedom. you know, there are resin kits that need to be painted, drilled, glued and things like that, but in a snap together? (you could paint the model so it'll look better right?)
It's really easy, if you wanna simple kit. But I'd rather recommend HG if you're not gonna paint it or anything. IMO for MG you really wanna paint it, lay some panel lines down and make it look nice or it's just not worth it.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 04:01   Link #1090
dardel
Gold Saint of Aries

Send a message via ICQ to dardel Send a message via MSN to dardel
oh i almost forgot, so i'm trying www.rainbowten.co.jp , but i'm wondering about the shipping choices. since we don't have much money we were thinking about using SAL , but since it's not insured we're not sure about that. any1 here used SAL shipping? if yes then it's a good choice? (shipping to europe)
dardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 12:53   Link #1091
Z.E.R.O
Twisted Member

there are sometimes some on ebay but theyr'e getting rarer now

btw: i know this is off topc but i ordered a 1/100 eva ubnit 01 model kit due to arrive in a week or two. can anyone PM me a painting guide please?
Z.E.R.O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 20:21   Link #1092
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

some of you may remember my PG AEUG Mk-II with heavy shadow...
well I finally repainted it in Titanz colour and tried the washing using the light grey for the panel line. Well with dark blue colour you cannot use the black line and easiest way to achieve the panel lining is by using the washing with light grey. Before washing I basically pull apart everything and spray inside and out while some parts I stripped the painting or what little they have. and I salvage some parts off mate's junk PG Mk-II Titanz kit to make up couple of parts I broke or gotten too weak after stripping

well enough word, here are the pictures of three modules ready for assembly...
Except that I broke one of pin at the waste so till it's cured I could not put it back together...

Torso
Legs
Backpack

Shield and beam rifle are the next.
As I using the old kit I didn't bother to fix the seam line issue with rifle though next time I build PG Mk-II I definately going to do proper job plus full inner metal fram painting...
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 21:46   Link #1093
srb
I can see time itself!

Isn't there a rather nasty seam on the inner side of one of the elbows? :O
Old 2006-05-01, 22:50   Link #1094
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardel
oh i almost forgot, so i'm trying www.rainbowten.co.jp , but i'm wondering about the shipping choices. since we don't have much money we were thinking about using SAL , but since it's not insured we're not sure about that. any1 here used SAL shipping? if yes then it's a good choice? (shipping to europe)
Well, I always order from HLJ using SAL shipping. Recently I just made an order at RainbowTen under SAL shipping...don't know if it will get here anytime soon (I'm in the U.S.).
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 00:40   Link #1095
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Isn't there a rather nasty seam on the inner side of one of the elbows? :O
this is the kit I built a long time ago as AEUG Mk-II that I decided to repaint in Titanz colour. Hence there are several faults that I know/find but couldn't do anything about at this time

next time I build another PG Mk-II I will do the proper job including full metal inner frame painting
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 07:58   Link #1096
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
This mth Release

1/100スケール ZGMF-X19A
インフィニットジャスティスガンダム

○¥2,730(税5%)
○出荷予定は5月8日公開予定
●「機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY」に登場し、アスランの乗機として活躍した“インフィニットジャスティスガンダム”が、フォ ルム追求と可動範囲拡大を両立させた<新1/100スタイル>で登場!
●ヒジ関節に新可動機構を取り入れることで1/100シリーズでの2重関節を表現、自然なポージングを取ることが可能
●「ファトゥム-01(バックパック)」は飛行形態への展開と翼の開閉が連動
●翼と脚部にはクリアパーツで再現されたビームブレードを装着可能
●シールドに装備されたロケットアンカーは着脱可能、射出時のワイヤーをリード線で再現
●ビームライフル、ビームサーベル×2、連結状態のビームサーベル、シールド、大型ビームブーメランなど多 彩な武器が付属
●初回出荷分のみ、特典としてディスプレイスタンドが付属

SDガンダムBB戦士 No.290
デスティニーガンダム

○¥840(税5%)
○出荷予定は5月8日公開予定
●BB戦士に「機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY」の人気MS“デスティニーガンダム”が登場!
●背部大型ウイングは設定通りに可動、光の翼もクリアパーツの着脱により再現
●「高エネルギー長射程ビーム砲」は背部に装着したまま発射形態へ展開可能
●大型ビームソード「アロンダイト」は展開し手に装備、大剣を振り回す劇中アクションポーズも再 現可能
●デスティニーガンダムの特徴的な武器、掌の「パルマ フィオキーナ」を再現した手首パーツ×2(右用・左用)が付属
●ビームライフル、ビームシールド、ビームブーメランなどの武器も付属
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 07:59   Link #1097
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
New merchandise pics & info
From Hobby Shop Midori. The first run of the HG Strike Noir will come with a DVD catalog that features a C.E. 73 Stargazer introductory promo video and a Hobby Division merchandise video clip. The first run of the 1/100 Legend Gundam comes with a new type of stand with connecting parts to support 4 kits (the 1/100 Legend, Infinite Justice, Destiny, and Strike Freedom).

Credits to "Gunota Headlines"
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 14:34   Link #1098
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

You forgot Gyan MG THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEM OF THE MONTH to be released on the 8th of may

-preordered one-
Old 2006-05-02, 15:33   Link #1099
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

So with Legend coming with that new stand, I wonder if what they mean is that the single stand will hold 4 kits or if it is capable of holding any of the 4 kits. I'm hoping it would be some sort of 4-armed setup that would hold all 4, but I think thats just wishful thinking.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 19:36   Link #1100
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
So with Legend coming with that new stand, I wonder if what they mean is that the single stand will hold 4 kits or if it is capable of holding any of the 4 kits. I'm hoping it would be some sort of 4-armed setup that would hold all 4, but I think thats just wishful thinking.
It would be pretty cool to have, but I doubt it. Still, I think I'm going to buy Legend, I really do like the rather simple design it has, disregarding the backpack.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy