Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-01-08, 02:24   Link #81
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Programs

Set your choice of application for irc protocol.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 22:13   Link #82
animeloon

how to Set opera as default browser on 1 user? I am sharing the pc with my brother. My brother prefers firefox as his default, but i prefer opera as my default. So my question is, how to set opera as my default browser in my user ONLY.
animeloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 18:07   Link #83
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Opera in-line Spell checking!

Here's a new add on for Opera... Spell checking!

OSpell

This is a javascript that will add spell checking to any text box on the web. That includes the quick reply box that I am typing in right now.

It works like this:

To install it, merely download it to your UserJS directory. If you don't have UserJS enabled, then you can set it in your preferences like this:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-03-27, 19:49   Link #84
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
Didn't opera already have a spell checker? I think you need to have aspell installed for it to work.
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 22:24   Link #85
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

This has nothing to do with aspell and does not require it.

(Anyway, aspell only works on email and this does not work on email, so they don't really overlap.)

Old 2007-03-27, 23:47   Link #86
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
(Anyway, aspell only works on email and this does not work on email, so they don't really overlap.)
I don't get what you mean by email. I just installed aspell to try its spell checking functionalities, putting aside my disappointment, it still works on the text I am currently writing here.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 00:28   Link #87
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Interesting. I suppose that must be new since I last installed aspell about 2 years ago. I'm falling behind the times. If you find it disappointing, then please compare it to OSpell, since I do not find this disappointing.

Old 2007-03-28, 00:43   Link #88
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Interesting. I suppose that must be new since I last installed aspell about 2 years ago. I'm falling behind the times. If you find it disappointing, then please compare it to OSpell, since I do not find this disappointing.
The version that I am using was last updated a few years ago (from 2004; correction: it might even be from 2002), that is the win32 version. So, you might still be using the latest windows version.

For the OSpell, from the picture that you showed, it seems satisfactory, at least it is not based on hard labor (like find and replace kind of thing instead of seeing the problematic one, that is underlined or colored, and changing it without the need to use the spell-checker many times).

(note: I am using Firefox, right now, and it suggests me changing Ospell to Aspell, a nice coincidence, it seems firefox doesn't want competition)

Aside from that, I have a question. I don't know if anyone encountered a similar problem before, but for directed downloads, does Opera work correctly all the time for you? When I tried downloading from ruckus automatically, it failed to download. It only worked manually (a window appearing asking you to download, and only then it succeeds in downloading).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 01:26   Link #89
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I don't go to many sites that have directed downloads... When I do this though, so far it hasn't failed me yet. Perhaps if you gave me a link to ruckus with a download you have problems with so I can tell you if it works for me.

Old 2007-04-05, 13:58   Link #90
Wildclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
[COLOR="Gray"]Unfortunatly that will also zoom the images.. eeek.. >.<
Unfortunally? The full page zoom is the main reason I won't use Firefox. The one problem with image zooming is that the images don't look quite as good. That problem could be fixed by doing better anti-aliasing on zoomed pictures, but it really isn't a high priority issue in my opinion.

The advantage of having images scaled the same as text is huge. Full page zooming is basically a must when using a high res monitor. Too many web designers makes assumptions on the relative text vs images sizes, and the layout becomes really strange if you adjust one without the other. Not to mention that it can be hard to see the details of images when using higher resolutions. That is especially true with images containing text, like the quote button in the lower right of each post on this forum.
Wildclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 10:01   Link #91
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I think Aspell is faster then this thing.. and of course more versatile. (still not by a lot) But I guess this is simpler to install.. and more confy. Meh~
----------------------------------------
Thanks for the tip NoSaniWa.. cookie for you~
BTW is your cookie meeter defective or something I'm seeing 5 of those squares.. WTF :twich:
@ Wildclaw
Mmm. so you don't mind the shifty font rendering at high zoom levels?
Really annoys the hell out of me.. sure they'll be rendered fine if you somehow force it to.. like selecting the text or hovering over it if its a hyperlink.. but still~