AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-05, 15:14   Link #581
Ghanw
(-_-)

I'll try but it may be tomorrow when i am done my computer is acting up again.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 16:51   Link #582
blackwhite67
Banned

@houkoholic: Considering he killed the old one, how did Akatsuki become the new Maou?
I mean I can't imagine the mazoku just agreeing to him becoming their leader.

Also, can you describe the instances where Akatsuki used his World Traveler ability? It isn't an ability that can be used in combat can it?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 16:54   Link #583
Ghanw
(-_-)

@blackwhite the answer to your first question which houkoloic has answered already is he became mao so he could delcare war on the humans that were attacking the mazoku.
I think houkoloic will give a better answer because ^ was his answer.
Old 2012-10-05, 20:20   Link #584
blackwhite67
Banned

No. I was referring to the mazoku's willingness to agree to him being the new maou.
Old 2012-10-05, 22:22   Link #585
Ghanw
(-_-)

^That i think your going to have to ask houkoloic.
Edit 1: Okay before i get to to the summaries/ spoiler i just realizied we never had a full out summary except Vol. 3 the rest are spoilers. I tried compiling them but i did a crappy job you could say due to what i said last sentence. So dont jump me, cause i know it sucks the following are just a little bit of questions people had and others answered them which spoils the story. I have no credit to the spoilers that are given.
Spoiler for These are just bits of spoilers that gave some summary of Vol.:

Last edited by Ghanw; 2012-10-05 at 23:14.
Old 2012-10-06, 01:20   Link #586
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
@houkoholic: Considering he killed the old one, how did Akatsuki become the new Maou?
I mean I can't imagine the mazoku just agreeing to him becoming their leader.
A combination of Myuu's personal endorsement and his own power level was all that was necessary. It's not like even if anyone disagrees they could beat Akatsuki in a fight anyway.

Quote:
Also, can you describe the instances where Akatsuki used his World Traveler ability? It isn't an ability that can be used in combat can it?
What do you mean by world traveler ability?
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 01:35   Link #587
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
What do you mean by world traveler ability?
Probably he was referring to ability that enabling Akatsuki and his harem transferred from their own world into Arezzard and vice versa.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 01:38   Link #588
bludvein

Im pretty sure he trying to ask if Akatsuki's ability to cross the dimensional boundary like he did to go to Alezard can be used to teleport in combat..
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 05:12   Link #589
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

He has no such abilities. Refer to this post on how they can travel between the worlds.
Old 2012-10-06, 11:21   Link #590
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
The Ability of Akatsuki's Group:

Spoilers
Spoiler for Ousawa Akatsuki
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Spoilers
Spoiler for Ousawa Myuu / Miao
Spoilers
Spoiler for Nanase Haruka
Spoilers
Spoiler for Doumoto Kuzuha
Spoilers
Spoiler for Izumi Chikage
Spoilers
Spoiler for Resti El Da Sherfid

When the new hero intrude, they are still weak. Kuzuha, Chikage, and Haruka become stronger when come to Alezard and fighting against Alezard three Kingdom Alliance.

Kaido Motoharu still enigmatic. I consider him as Akatsuki rival that sometimes helping and sometimes hindering. Twilight Vermilion's spy. Has the same physical ability as Akatsuki (with normal Renkan Ki Kikou) with Chain magic as primary.
Guess Sandhy88 mistook Akatsuki's returning to Arezard for a teleportation ability.

Could someone provide more detail on the norum check? It was supposedly how Akatsuki's prophecy was made
Old 2012-10-06, 17:40   Link #591
A-Knight

Very refreshing to have a male lead who is actually awesome and not just another lucky lame-ass. It's funny how much hate Ousawa gets from the otaku community since they can't self-insert onto him.

Anyway, I was wondering how many people in the verse can defeat Ousawa in single combat.
A-Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 22:29   Link #592
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Thank Ghanw for searching and compiling the summaries together.

And to Sandhy88, Akatsuki's use Myuu as a medium to travel back to Arezard.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 03:29   Link #593
sunsown

is there any news on what the vol 10 is about?
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 13:01   Link #594
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Could someone provide more detail on the norum check? It was supposedly how Akatsuki's prophecy was made
When Babel detects a person returning from the other worlds they will (forcefully) recruit said person to become a student of their local Babel. When the students enter Babel they need to pass three tests: health test, norm check, and battle check. First and last is self explanatory, the norm check on the other hand is like a fortune telling ritual where Babel sorcerers would borrow the power from the 3 Norse goddesses Urd, Verdandi and Skuld to read 3 aspects of that person and reveal it in a 3 passage poem-like (ie the wordings are vague and not exact) prophecy. The prophecy is said to be highly accurate as it borrows the power from the goddesses and is trusted by Babel/COCOON.

Urd would reveal what the person did in the other world. It is here where Akatsuki was revealed to be the "true hero" which is a first in Babel history.

Verdandi would reveal what power/magic the person possess.

Skuld would reveal what the person would face in the future, this part is the least accurate as it is possible to change the future.
Old 2012-10-07, 18:29   Link #595
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Picture of Volume 9

Spoilers
Spoiler for Cover
Spoilers
Spoiler for Another full color
Spoilers
Spoiler for Haruka/Motoharu vs Minami/Kyouhei
Spoilers
Spoiler for In Memories
Spoilers
Spoiler for Onizuka & Tiana
Spoilers
Spoiler for WOW
Spoilers
Spoiler for The Winner
@Houkoholic: So the gods of all earth mythology exist, not just the Norse ones?
Also, I refer back to my previous question. Why did the mazoku accept Akatsuki as their maou considering he killed the former maou?
Can you describe Motoharu's battles in Arezard?
Back to Akatsuki's attire, looking at vol 9 illustrations Akatsuki is wearing his maou clothes. Did he bring back those clothes from Arrezard?
Also, Myuu's armor is still that lingerie. Didn't it change when she went to Arrezard?
How did Myuu's and Listy's meeting with Gouki go?
What is Akatsuki's reputation among the students, particularly the girls?
What is Akatsuki' relationship and history with the courtesan guild?

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2012-10-07 at 20:30.
Old 2012-10-08, 01:45   Link #596
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
@Houkoholic: So the gods of all earth mythology exist, not just the Norse ones?
No idea, but only Nordic ones were mentioned.

Quote:
Also, I refer back to my previous question. Why did the mazoku accept Akatsuki as their maou considering he killed the former maou?
Already answered in previous post. C&P:
A combination of Myuu's personal endorsement and his own power level was all that was necessary. It's not like even if anyone disagrees they could beat Akatsuki in a fight anyway.

Quote:
Can you describe Motoharu's battles in Arezard?
All of his battles were off screen except one where he fought Zacks, which he took care of really quickly with his Mind Bind ability.

Quote:
Back to Akatsuki's attire, looking at vol 9 illustrations Akatsuki is wearing his maou clothes. Did he bring back those clothes from Arrezard?
Not mentioned. Don't think the author thought it's important anyway.

Quote:
Also, Myuu's armor is still that lingerie. Didn't it change when she went to Arrezard?
Again not mentioned, author probably didn't care either as he never really goes into detail describing Myuu's attire so it's probably just the illustrator having his fun.
Also sometimes what the illustrator draws doesn't match up with the novel's content, there's one picture in volume 9 which shows Listy wearing pyjamas with Haruka and Chikage but she should be wearing Akatsuki's shirt.

Quote:
How did Myuu's and Listy's meeting with Gouki go?
Laid back, not really anything important except Gouki saw through that Myuu and Listy had love-related problems where they want to be friends but at the same time they also love the same guy and are rivals in a way.

Quote:
What is Akatsuki's reputation among the students, particularly the girls?
Never described first hand, but according to Chikage he is very much admired for his strength and looks amongst the female students. Also because everyone else still thinks that Myuu is his sister so his fight with Zahark was misunderstood as him fighting to protect his little sister which won him even more brownie points amongst the girls as a caring big brother.

Quote:
What is Akatsuki' relationship and history with the courtesan guild?
Akatsuki took a liking to Melissa's way of doing business (Melissa don't exploit her girls, she let them keep their money and she herself lives a very simple and basic life, thus Melissa gets all the hot girls working for her) and helped her fought off a rival guild which does underhanded practices. Also Melissa runs an operation based off her connection for information so it is useful for Akatsuki on that level as well.
Old 2012-10-08, 05:22   Link #597
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Do you think they would ever travel to the others world?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2012-10-08, 13:31   Link #598
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Do you think they would ever travel to the others world?
While it's always possible but I really doubt it as the current setup really only focus on the real world and Arrezard, by the time the author goes through all the plot points that's already in the story now I think the series should be a wrap, the freshness of the series would be completely worn out by then and just pulling out more random strong enemy from other dimension would be a terrible way to run down the series.
Old 2012-10-08, 19:06   Link #599
blackwhite67
Banned

Just a little speculation here. Considering the aspects of Hikami's plan, maybe this Plan Y involves using the power of Higher Dimensional Lifeforms to destroy the other worlds or Earth's connection with them. That or, more in line with their goal of bringing peace to Earth, to make a paradise out of Earth by destroying and rebuilding it.
Old 2012-10-09, 05:27   Link #600
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
While it's always possible but I really doubt it as the current setup really only focus on the real world and Arrezard, by the time the author goes through all the plot points that's already in the story now I think the series should be a wrap, the freshness of the series would be completely worn out by then and just pulling out more random strong enemy from other dimension would be a terrible way to run down the series.
Well Akatsuki haven't fought his brother or father yeah and the possibility of his dead sister coming back alive to be the last boss is there.

Tags
action, adventure, borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, light novel, shounen