AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-11, 06:23   Link #881
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

I have agree with ReddyRedWolf. Something must have happened before with their third pilot. Looks like a tough road for Ao to be accepted into the team but at least, Noah and the three "stooges" are there as a consolation.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 06:38   Link #882
konart

Those Madoka jokes in my Eureka...
Old 2012-05-11, 07:22   Link #883
apsody243

Yeah but this is just a repeat of what happened on the island, Ao's getting inadequate treatment as a result of something he has no control over.

If they have some problems why don't they deal with them without involving people that have nothing to do with it.

If there really was a 3rd member of Pied Piper and something happened to him/her why should Ao be treated badly over that.

Its not like whatever happened had anything to do with him.

I just don't get it.
apsody243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 07:40   Link #884
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Easier said than done. Not all handle their problems in a rational manner. It is even more difficult if they hadn't got over it. Also, they are teenagers. They are bound to have angst. It is just being made worst by their work.

I suspect the former third pilot is the white hair boy we saw in the opening.

At least, Ao's treatment on the first day of joining is a lot better than his father, Renton.
Old 2012-05-11, 07:53   Link #885
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
I suspect the former third pilot is the white hair boy we saw in the opening.
Oh that guy is he a Corallian or is he like Anemone? Assuming he is not she that is.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 08:30   Link #886
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

I am leaning towards Anemone.

Side Note: Gazelle has triggered his first flag with Piper. Way to go.
Old 2012-05-11, 08:59   Link #887
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
You mean this one: Symphonic Poem Eureka Seven ?
Duh, me, of course I guess I was looking for threads that started with the word Eureka.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 09:55   Link #888
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... nothing really happened this episode until the very end. Then again, they're merely intoducing GenBlue and its crew, but still, can't help it that I find its the weakest of the 5 so far. :shrug:

That said, I'm actually starting to love Fleur as a character. Hard to pinpoint why though.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 10:41   Link #889
coroloro

"Make a contract with me and become a member of Pied Piper!" Anyone else notice, with her helmet showing only the cute, white bunny-face, the clear reference to the magical girl Madoka series here at all? I laughed SO hard. I'm curious if anyone else caught it right away? The way that little critter is always, always saying "Make a contract with me and become a magical girl..." or "Well, if you became a magical girl, you could do it!" 'Hey, want to toast that bread? Make a contract with me and you can...' (not an actual quote I love how this character keeps making veiled anime references, particularly the Evangelion reference in the previous episode "You mean I can be replaced?"
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 10:44   Link #890
Jarmel

Eureka Seven AO 5

Well this was a much better episode than 3. I was worried that the show would have serious dips of quality on their 'off' episodes but it looks more like episode 3 was a flux. Animation quality was fairly good throughout except for a few dips and off character models. Generation Blue headquarters looks amazing. They also introduced another musical piece at the tail end of the episode when Fleur is talking with Ao. They've really gone to great lengths to have a pretty good and diverse soundtrack.

Again I'm impressed with the attention to detail especially technically this time around. Looks like the animators went to some lengths trying to make sure everything fit and looked realistic. Certain things like how the commanders had to connect their phones to certain points to download data was probably done for encryption/security purposes. I do wonder though whether Secrets spawn so far away from the Scub Coral or whether that was an oversight on the part of the animators. I mean you have a Secret near South America trying to make its way to Switzerland. It's probably intentional though to show the damage the Secrets themselves can do.

Generation Blue for the most part is a corporation and a lot of things act like how a corporation would. The inflexibility about the passes and the sort of detachment the members have from each other really lends to that corporate atmosphere. I was a little shocked that Rebecca was going to flat out kill Gazellle and crew, if the President hadn't approved of them. They're really trying to depict all sides in this world as pretty grey with the Okinawans being racist, Gen Blue having the traditional corporate secrets and illegal activity and the US military being the US military. I was a little surprised at the size of Gen Blue as it looks absolutely massive. I did laugh at them having their own news channel. The President reminds me a lot of General Bradley in both demeanor and tone. Even with the way they framed the shots seem rather stark. The whole talk with him seems to highlight the danger of using the coral as an energy source and whether Gen Blue is playing both sides in that they have a hand in causing the events and so therefore get paid to help clean it up.

The whole thing with Ao and his eyes is new. I definitely don't remember them being that explicit about what Eureka could see. The show stated that she could see the trapar waves but I don't think they ever made quite clear whether she could physically see them or was just very good at detecting them or something like that.

As for the characters in general, I do wonder, as you guys speculated, if that split-pupil guy was the third member of Pied Piper and was related or in a relationship with Elena. The way that the show framed some of the shots with Elena made me think that there is some history there. That idea about the third pilot being dead or atleast MIA would explain some of Elena's personality but also Ivica as well. I like Gazelle and crew a lot. It takes a certain type of person to blackmail a CEO into hiring you. Their reactions and personalities are rather humorous too and unlike Elena, they don't feel as forced. It also seems they're going to be the emotional core that ties Ao with the team. Also how cute that they're naming groups of children as children fairy tales. I'm expecting a three little pigs reference somewhere. Anyway the other team is all female too so I'm wondering where all the males are. I certainly hope there isn't all males teams too and there a few teams with mix genders. I did laugh how it looks like the other teams get the crap mechs and only Pied Piper get the custom LFOs. Ao himself doesn't seem to get into emotional ruts that early Renton did.

Images
Takeoff footage
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Anyway this is definitely not a normal timeline after the first series ended. I don't think Bones has ever done a time skip series like this so I'm more leaning towards parallel universe now.

Last edited by Jarmel; 2012-05-11 at 13:34. Reason: GIFs that big need to be behind the new tag so that they don't get loaded unless the tag is selected.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 11:36   Link #891
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Is anyone getting the RahXephon feeling out of this anime?
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 11:41   Link #892
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezexal View Post
Is anyone getting the RahXephon feeling out of this anime?
Yes. Definitely. I'll post my impressions later on, but that's one thing I've been feeling since ep2-3, and this episode really hammered it home.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 11:51   Link #893
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Yes. Definitely. I'll post my impressions later on, but that's one thing I've been feeling since ep2-3, and this episode really hammered it home.
1. A massive corporation which has secrets.

2. A boy who is outside of his home and lost.

3. A boy who has a powerful mecha

4. Prepare for mindf*uck?

Something is seriously rotten smelling.
Either, alternate universe or time travel.

I'm seriously thinking that we are about to go "deep".

Last edited by SolarAquarion; 2012-05-11 at 13:13.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 12:03   Link #894
ookamigirl

Ao finally got to see Generation Bleu's headquarters.
They even repaired his mecha.
The stowaways he brought were sure making some fun of their own.
The sloth was kinda cute with all the hugging ^^
Looks like even the heroes have hidden agenda when it comes to Scub Coral.
Ao looked pretty good in his suit and with it came the old but improved Nirvash.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 15:33   Link #895
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice job by Gazelle and the others to get a job there. I guess Ao's reception was to give him a wake up call about the seriousness of what they do. Lol Noah just got there and he's on tv.
Old 2012-05-11, 15:48   Link #896
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Impressions on Ep5:

- Elena is really annoying. Please stop referencing anime and other otaku crap. Your helmet is dumb too. Just stop.

- Generation Bleu reminds me a lot of TERRA in RahXephon. The way the organization works, the city-like HQ, etc. It looks much more expansive in both scope and funding/support compared to Gekkostate, and that's a huge different from E7.

- The only problem for me is, TERRA had serious adults running the show, and all the mecha pilots were adult ace fighters. Here we have a bunch of underaged moe female pilots who are each more annoying than the last one introduced.

- The adults in Generation Bleu all seem to be creating this artificial environment of being kid-friendly and goofy dudes. It's either a ploy to make it a "fun" environment so the kids don't think about how dangerous and irresponsible the entire operation is, or it is bad writing. Hope it's the former.

- I liked the Gazel scenes in the episode, they were pretty funny and he's a cool guy. His bros are cool dudes too. I disliked the scenes where Ao had to hang out with Elena and Fleur. They're pretty terrible characters and it wasn't funny, just dumb.

- I really like Ao's performance so far though. The actor does a great job of showing that Ao is in an unfamiliar setting, and he is a fish out of water. The way he talks to people and how he expresses himself is different from previous episodes because he is unsure of himself now, and does not know what is expected of him, or how others in the organization see him.

- CG hurricane cloud was pretty bad looking. BONES is not great with using digital elements at all. The new mecha designs are pretty lazy too.

Looking forward to more ACTION next week. Wooo!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 17:17   Link #897
SQA

Ep 5:

Solid setup episode. A lot of subtle things going on, though they could have been a bit more direct on a few points. We're left with a lot of open questions, that's for sure.

The one scene that really worked was the ship Captain giving Ao a hug. While they were going with the Gentle Papa style, his message to Ao was really clear: "this is serious business and we wouldn't have these kids involved if we could. Get out if you can". It probably also says that most of these children are going to be orphans. A concept used a lot in Eureka 7 TV, as well.

RahXephon was done by BONES and much of the creative staff is involved here. So using that setup is kind of near & dear to BONES.

Series/Sequel tie-in parsing. I'm going to spoiler-tag this because it's one monster set of spoilers for Eureka 7 TV:

Spoiler:
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 17:32   Link #898
mochichan

LOL the Madoka joke....
I liked it XD
Ao look way too much like his mom..I keep thinking he's a girl just cuz he look like Eureka..D:

Anyway like this ep. can't wait for the next
this whole mystery about what ver eureka this is..just..confusing...:\
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 17:43   Link #899
Key Board
Carbon

I'm ashamed to say that I don't remember where the ruins in Generation Bleu's HQ came from

I know it came from the 1st tv series, but I'm sure what it is supposed to be
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 18:02   Link #900
miketyson

It's similar to the towers near Ciudades del Cielo, the holy city they visited a couple times.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen