Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-02-17, 15:40   Link #3261
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Like he said, he hasn't. She would always give him the cold stare in every gathering that followed. A shame.
If what he said is the exact truth then her reaction seems rather........ well it's a bit too much for just "that".

Sure, Mister Zero Tact has Zero Tact, but this girl is at fault too "if" she didn't want people to see her bra.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 15:45   Link #3262
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
If what he said is the exact truth then her reaction seems rather........ well it's a bit too much for just "that".

Sure, Mister Zero Tact has Zero Tact, but this girl is at fault too "if" she didn't want people to see her bra.
Well I am not going to fault her for trying to look pretty or enjoying what she wear. I can be really mean most of the times, but I do, on occasion, play nice. But most of the time I just let my middle finger and expletives fly all around.

P.S I made a reply to your post in the previous page and I am too lazy to copipe to this page. Read back if you want more details, I am switching to meanie mode now because I want to sleep - 5 am here.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 15:46   Link #3263
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well I knew the two of them for quite some time. They started their relationship before I even became their friend, and to think that girl would just get jealous at Miku!

From my POV, her boyfriend actually loves her. He even went as far as to think of marrying her because she is the "cutest of all the cute stuff I own" (he collects figurines too, but she never gets jealous at them). What an idiot.

Now I have mentioned that the girl actually does not get jealous at his figurines (because she sometimes helps him collect and put together the toys when he is away in the army camp), why is she jealous at Miku's cute FC pose? This doesn't make sense.

Regarding Miku and the leek, search for Hatsune Miku Levan Polkka on youtube.
Maybe because she was actually annoyed from the beginning about all his figurines and all and that comment about Miku was just too much.

I'll check, thx

Quote:
More like underrated. I would have preferred them being easier to read, because I am one who doesn't waste time when dealing with people.
Rien ne sert de courir, il faut partir à point.

Quote:
She never gave me the chance to. Always avoiding me, ignoring me. I gave up on trying to apologise too.

Besides, I am not at fault! Why the heck should I apologise?
It's not about "why you have to do it". If you think your friendship worths to be saved, then whatever if you're at fault or not. Apologizing just gives a reason to discuss the problem.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:48   Link #3264
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It's Ievan Polkka, not "Levan."

I still like the Russian version best, though that may be because I heard it first on a video of Kamina slapping his ass...
Old 2010-02-17, 15:48   Link #3265
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Well I am not going to fault her for trying to look pretty or enjoying what she wear. I can be really mean most of the times, but I do, on occasion, play nice. But most of the time I just let my middle finger and expletives fly all around.

P.S I made a reply to your post in the previous page and I am too lazy to copipe to this page. Read back if you want more details, I am switching to meanie mode now because I want to sleep - 5 am here.
It also depends on "how you said it". As Yoko said, did you sound like an amused perv?
Old 2010-02-17, 15:53   Link #3266
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
For the benefit of those here who don't speak French, this means simply that you shouldn't rush things, but just simply start off gently...I think
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 15:59   Link #3267
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Maybe because she was actually annoyed from the beginning about all his figurines and all and that comment about Miku was just too much.

I'll check, thx
She is first girl I met who like painting figurines, probably because she is an art major. She likes Nanoha and Fate Testarossa, as well as a scary obsession with my waifu in my current avatar, so I don't think it probably has anything related to her hating figures all along.

But I can guess why she hates Akiyama Mio from K-ON! and barbie dolls, calling them unrealistic.

Quote:
According to statistics, the world current population is about 7 billion. I don't think I should waste time with one person when I have 6,999,999,999 to interact with.

Come to think of it, maybe it is because I am quoting all these facts that I constantly diss girls off. For some reason, they react adversely to fact dropping by the pound, unlike guys.

Quote:
It's not about "why you have to do it". If you think our friendship worths to be saved, then whatever if you're at fault or not. Apologizing just gives a reason to discuss the problem.
Biggest problem is that she keeps ignoring me. I don't want to risk that "Azunyan trick" (hug her and say "Good girl! Good girl!)* because she knows taekwondo.

* - I am not detached from reality. Of course I know it is never going to work IRL!

Quote:
It also depends on "how you said it". As Yoko said, did you sound like an amused perv?
I don't think I did. Remember that I have a total lack of something called "emotional intelligence", I write a whole lot better than I speak, so I can't exactly tell whether I am offending someone or not with what I SAY.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-02-17, 16:06   Link #3268
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
For the benefit of those here who don't speak French, this means simply that you shouldn't rush things, but just simply start off gently...I think
This is the moral from the fable The Tortoise and the Hare by Jean de la Fontaine.

Slow and steady wins the race

Menaing that it's useless to rush things if you are wise and foresighted. Because good things take time to be done. It can also mean that waiting and rushing things because you are late can lead to something wrong.

In the case of SH, I said that because he said he dislikes to waste time with people he doesn't understand immediately, he rushes things.
Old 2010-02-17, 16:14   Link #3269
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
According to statistics, the world current population is about 7 billion. I don't think I should waste time with one person when I have 6,999,999,999 to interact with.

Come to think of it, maybe it is because I am quoting all these facts that I constantly diss girls off. For some reason, they react adversely to fact dropping by the pound, unlike guys.
That's what we call being a smartass. It's even worse if there's another person to tell you that you can only contact a few hundred of those billions, and far worse if you had a comeback for that...it's like a dc stepper leading to a chain reaction, after many of those I have developed an ominous feeling of foreboding every time I am about to start off such a conversation.
Quote:
I don't think I did. Remember that I have a total lack of something called "emotional intelligence", I write a whole lot better than I speak, so I can't exactly tell whether I am offending someone or not with what I SAY.
This pretty much falls to what I said above, I think it would be best to leave this one alone
Quote:
This is the moral from the fable The Tortoise and the Hare by Jean de la Fontaine.

Slow and steady wins the race
If you had read the sequel, you'd know that the hare won all of their rematches
...see what I did there?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 16:22   Link #3270
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That's what we call being a smartass. It's even worse if there's another person to tell you that you can only contact a few hundred of those billions, and far worse if you had a comeback for that...it's like a dc stepper leading to a chain reaction, after many of those I have developed an ominous feeling of foreboding every time I am about to start off such a conversation.
One funny thing though : Me and my guy friends keep trading facts like this before delving into issues like how these facts are formed, how reliable the sources are, etc. And the girls always seem to put off by it.

I often drop facts like that when the girls couldn't stop talking about their shopping trip and what to buy next, and the guys are just sitting there and keeping quiet because they have nothing to talk about. Then it becomes a guy convo, and one of the girl drops a shopping plan, then it becomes a girl convo again.

It only stops when someone is sensible enough to decide to get our asses off the seats we are on and move. Quite interesting actually and happens most of the time because it seems that the girls and the guys rarely have common topics.

Quote:
This pretty much falls to what I said above, I think it would be best to leave this one alone
Well I do admit that I act like a smartass to keep people off my back, but it becomes something like a track record you can't erase, you have to keep doing it or people think that something has happened to you.

Kind of like a vicious cycle, but I keep quiet most of the time. Don't really like talking to people for the fear of offending them, especially girls after that "cute tsundere" incident.

Quote:
If you had read the sequel, you'd know that the hare won all of their rematches
I thought that hare was caught and shot by a poacher, then turned into rabbit stew.

Old 2010-02-17, 16:28   Link #3271
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
It only stops when someone is sensible enough to decide to get our asses off the seats we are on and move. Quite interesting actually and happens most of the time because it seems that the girls and the guys rarely have common topics.
That's what the internet is for! Movies, cooking, music, etc. are suitable topics for large groups of people, it's where the storm effect comes to place: one guy says something that at least one girl will definitely react to, and then depending on what the girls say the guys might have something to add, etc. Forming smaller conversation groups (like per 3 people in a 12-person company) and slowly merging them also works well, although chemistry between the group leaders is required in order to progress smoothly and keep the rest interested as well.
Quote:
One funny thing though : Me and my guy friends keep trading facts like this before delving into issues like how these facts are formed, how reliable the sources are, etc. And the girls always seem to put off by it.
Yeah, keep it as a "girl's trait", it's an amazingly good way to pick out real girls in MMOs
Quote:
I thought that hare was caught and shot by a poacher, then turned into rabbit stew.
The poacher choked on the rabbit stew and his ghost killed the turtle as a sign of redemption...and offered turtle stew to the hare's wife o_0

EDIT: the night beckons and the stew made me drowsy...afk for yet another 8 hours! Funny how time flies in this thread
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 16:40   Link #3272
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That's what the internet is for! Movies, cooking, music, etc. are suitable topics for large groups of people, it's where the storm effect comes to place: one guy says something that at least one girl will definitely react to, and then depending on what the girls say the guys might have something to add, etc. Forming smaller conversation groups (like per 3 people in a 12-person company) and slowly merging them also works well, although chemistry between the group leaders is required in order to progress smoothly and keep the rest interested as well.
For some really really weird reasons, the girls would only discuss the main 4 points I pointed out a few pages back. And it always goes back to shopping or other girls (not present at that time)!
Quote:
Yeah, keep it as a "girl's trait", it's an amazingly good way to pick out real girls in MMOs
I gave up on playing MMOs long time ago, and sometimes I play as a female character. I did some psychoanalysis on myself using a few psychology books as guide, and I figured out actually the reason behind it is that I wanted a girlfriend.

I believe that is the common psychology amongst the "fake females"....they are trying to create an image of their "perfect girl" in their IGC online.

OT : Often mine came out looking cute. Due to the fact that I spend large amounts of time trying to craft a perfect female name for my FIGCs, at times where a random name is needed, it often came out sounding feminine. Hence my forum nick, and I am too lazy to think of a masculine sounding one.

Quote:
The poacher choked on the rabbit stew and his ghost killed the turtle as a sign of redemption...and offered turtle stew to the hare's wife o_0
The hare reincarnated as the rabbit on the moon. Ok this is getting ridiculous.

Old 2010-02-17, 16:43   Link #3273
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
For some really really weird reasons, the girls would only discuss the main 4 points I pointed out a few pages back. And it always goes back to shopping or other girls (not present at that time)!
I don't know what girls you hang out with (no offense! ), but when I tend to hang out with my friends or even a couple girls from my classes (Women's Leadership is always a fun group), we tend to have a much broader scope of discussion than the four reasons you listed.
Old 2010-02-17, 16:44   Link #3274
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I don't know what girls you hang out with (no offense! ), but when I tend to hang out with my friends or even a couple girls from my classes (Women's Leadership is always a fun group), we tend to have a much broader scope of discussion than the four reasons you listed.
It could due to be the stressful nature of my local education system. The girls shop to get away from the stress, and I doubt they would want to discuss any topic of philosophical value other than that of they enjoy.

Old 2010-02-17, 16:49   Link #3275
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

For some reason this thread always seem to get tons of posts when I'm sleeping.

@SaintessHeart:
If a girl acted jealous of me finding a fictional girl cute, I'd be seriously tempted to tell her she'd look really cute if she cosplayed said character. Which would probably be a stupid thing to say, but at least I'd be going out in a blaze of nerd glory.

(In actual fact, my one attempt to compliment a girl by saying she looks a lot like a character I like backfired on me. I told a girl she looked like she could do a really convincing Nadeko cosplay, at which point she got really flustered and told me she had already bought material to make a Kanbaru costume for her next con.)

@all:

Thanks for the feedback. Not going to try and reply to individual points though since there's so many. (Except for Narona - yes, she's who you think she is.)

When I think about it, there's actually quite a bit I could talk with her in terms of past experiences. Both of us have traveled overseas for example. It's when we try and discuss what we're currently doing that we can have some trouble coming up with things to say. I don't want to sound like too much of a geek, but we're both the kind of students who tend to work a lot and don't get out very often. A lot of our conversations end up being about anime simply because we both share that hobby (we met as a cosplayer and a photographer). At this point I'm still avoiding controversial topics because although I, as a political science major find many of them interesting, she doesn't generally seem that comfortable expressing disagreements.

As for dates, the two most successful ones I've had were a date where I took her skating at an outdoor rink and when I took her to a Christmas party where we ended up playing Mahjong with some friends of mine until very, very late. Not quite sure what I'm going to do when summer roles around though.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 17:39   Link #3276
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Kiteflying... shore trips... boatride to see orca... kayaking... good lord, man, you're in VANCOUVER!!!

Or trip over to Victoria.... go to the gardens near there... photo ops galore.
Old 2010-02-17, 18:14   Link #3277
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
It could due to be the stressful nature of my local education system. The girls shop to get away from the stress, and I doubt they would want to discuss any topic of philosophical value other than that of they enjoy.
I don't get the idea of shopping to get away from stress... Unless one is rich, perhaps. Don't the girls stress afterward about how much they spent? Anyway, hope you meet girls who are not like that at some point.

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 18:16   Link #3278
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
Anyway, hope you meet girls who are not like that at some point.
We exist, you've just gotta find us.
Old 2010-02-17, 18:20   Link #3279
Habhome

Holy.. I've skimmed most posts up until now today, but THAT's a lot of chatter for one to keep up with xD I was lost after a while, so I'm afraid I can't join in and give my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I also think that visible bra straps when wearing a tanktop or camisole are also cute, and I get ragged on for that, too. And I wear short skirts with stockings to get zettai ryouiki, and I get ragged on for THAT too!
I thought that was an exclusively Swedish expression I had no idea it was used in English also. xD
Habhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 18:32   Link #3280
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Kiteflying... shore trips... boatride to see orca... kayaking... good lord, man, you're in VANCOUVER!!!
You're got a point. Although until she decides to tell her parents, I'm probably going to limit my suggestions to things I can do in an afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
And I wear short skirts with stockings to get zettai ryouiki, and I get ragged on for THAT too!
Clearly your friends have terrible fashion sense... I'd love to see my girlfriend in stockings and a short skirt.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom