AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 12.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 35.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 12.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-05, 16:32   Link #81
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Perhaps Jail could not get whatever it was the ship was originally supposed to use as fuel (Nuclear powah! ...or something), thus he had to come up with an alternative.
Old 2007-08-05, 16:36   Link #82
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Perhaps Jail could not get whatever it was the ship was originally supposed to use as fuel (Nuclear powah! ...or something), thus he had to come up with an alternative.
Oh well, that's a possibility ...
Old 2007-08-05, 16:56   Link #83
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
I mean why a conscious living being? If the consciousness is unnecessary (it's not the operator) then it can only bring possible troubles. Such technology is not good at all.
in that case then we will just have to wait and see but i do not believe that vivio has to be concious to be able to pump out the power...i think she is only awake and screaming because it gives pleasure to jail (goddam sadist! saite! >.>)

thx krisslanza

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-05, 16:57   Link #84
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Geeze why doesn't Jail just send out a memo saying "I'm evil, please kill me." At least they are going the extra distance to assure us why he's not going to prison or being befriended, he's just dead. Talk about going the unnecessary route of showing Vivio crying out just to goad people.

Not a huge bit with Signum vs Erio. Though probably we shouldn't have expected much out of that. Guess she was just giving him lessons on how to cut opponents to ribbons and stop losing fights. Gotta win at some point.

Well seems like things are getting moved along. We have Acous and Schach busting up drones at the door to Jail's base. Asura is ready to go and everyone seems to be aboard now with Subaru healthy. I'd say Chrono is probably on the bridge, but knowing him so far he's probably still hanging with Carim. Lives may be at stake but why should he go and put himself at risk
Old 2007-08-05, 16:59   Link #85
Key Board
Carbon

you know... with the amount of character death flags accumulated so far, I won't be surprised if a few characters end their mage careers by the end of this season

and nobody necessarily needs to die, although it could be injury or stress related

some of thembeing an eccentric officer with a desk job like Lindy seems possible too
Old 2007-08-05, 17:02   Link #86
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'm talking about obvious drawbacks which normally wouldn't allow such technology to be developed at all before the moment it could be banned. Using a living being as a system's part which has absolutely no need for its consciousness is obviously inconvenient, unreliable and what not. Still waiting for a good explanation though, but I doubt there'll be one.
Everything in this universe has pros and cons.

Perhaps during that time it was conceived, possibly long long before the TSAB even comes to play, such a method was considered an advantage on the battlefield in terms of resources and function.

This is of course, depends on the situation and it's many factors of the war, which would obviously change over time.
Old 2007-08-05, 17:16   Link #87
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Geeze why doesn't Jail just send out a memo saying "I'm evil, please kill me." At least they are going the extra distance to assure us why he's not going to prison or being befriended, he's just dead. Talk about going the unnecessary route of showing Vivio crying out just to goad people.
He did, people just didn't get it.

*point at the blast-doors*

Quote:
Not a huge bit with Signum vs Erio. Though probably we shouldn't have expected much out of that. Guess she was just giving him lessons on how to cut opponents to ribbons and stop losing fights. Gotta win at some point.
The problem is, Erio shouldn't be taking lesson from females who are apparently protected by some unseen force.

It just doesn't work for the guys!

Quote:
Well seems like things are getting moved along. We have Acous and Schach busting up drones at the door to Jail's base. Asura is ready to go and everyone seems to be aboard now with Subaru healthy. I'd say Chrono is probably on the bridge, but knowing him so far he's probably still hanging with Carim. Lives may be at stake but why should he go and put himself at risk
- Tell me though, is he still in his suit? What kind of self-respecting Knight fights in a suit?! And it sounds like Schach is doing most of the work so at lest he got the game plan right .

- You know, if Chrono isn't with them, who exactly is flying that ship?
Old 2007-08-05, 17:18   Link #88
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:

Funny thing though, either it was the LQ of the raw...or Vivio wasn't restrained when sitting on that chair...:
That scene reminds me of episode...hmm...whatever, from Chrno Crusade, where Azmaria was being used as a power source too

Schach, really cool when she loaded the cartriges
Her Device was nicely thought of

Either Verossa doesn't have a Barrier Jacket or he didn't bother to change...

And the Numbers sure kicked a lot of TSAB clerks in the rear and took out Einherjar too...so much for Regius' plans...hahahaha~

Signum vs Erio, awww, it had time limit, too bad, Erio was just about to lose too
He's getting along with Fried quite well

Gin-nee in Sentoukijin suit...niiiiiiiiice and sexy
Though, a vague expression on...brainwash ftw

Oh, and of course, someone forgot to give the script to Jail in this episode, so he had to improvise...
I like him better when he was calm...he's getting overly excited about this, so much that he's giving away his location, and where Vivio is being held...

Let's see what'll happen on ep 20, some fighting, hopefuly...and maybe another piece of prophecy from Carim?
Old 2007-08-05, 17:24   Link #89
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I sense a ship sacrifice in the process
"And the ship of law that sails the infinite seas will sink..."?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Vivio is called the Vessel of Saints.
I can see Vivio dying. Seriously. One of the Numbers mentioned wanting to find out who the "King" is and why he/she was fit to lead them. And lo and behold, we have the "King" sitting on the throne.

Also, prophecy regarding the "dead/dying King".

Quote:
What's the purpose of Vivio in the battleship I wonder. She seemed to retain her own consciousness, so she's not controlling the ship herself? It all looks very ... strange. And lame, I have to say, unless there's a very good explanation.
Someone needs to go and play Homeworld and Homeworld 2.

Spoiler for for size:

P.S. She's not the only thing connected to the ship.
Old 2007-08-05, 17:25   Link #90
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
you know... with the amount of character death flags accumulated so far, I won't be surprised if a few characters end their mage careers by the end of this season

and nobody necessarily needs to die, although it could be injury or stress related

some of them being an eccentric officer with a desk job like Lindy seems possible too
Maybe the wolken would do something and perish by the end of this season...The talk between Vita/Shamal and the way both Signum/Vita looking at Nanoha/Fate(opening) feel grim >.<

Quote:
- Tell me though, is he still in his suit? What kind of self-respecting Knight fights in a suit?! And it sounds like Schach is doing most of the work so at lest he got the game plan right .

- You know, if Chrono isn't with them, who exactly is flying that ship?
-Acous is so pro that he doesn't do the dirty work directly ...his doggies might be sentient and probably do all the fighting while he is eating cakes

-Lucino is flying the ship ....she seems to be in Amy's former work station
Old 2007-08-05, 17:33   Link #91
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah Acous really doesn't seem to bother changing out of the suit. Guess he thinks its cool to show off. How he can get through a dangerous battle and still have a clean white suit after it. Helpful I suppose that he can use the dogs to fight and just sit back.

Maybe I was squinting too hard but I was sure I saw some horizontal magic circles over top of Vivio's hands which I would assume help lock her into place. Unless she is being held via invisible forcefields it's gotta be something. Maybe a good old if she moves it hurts even more than if she's just sitting there?

Might not be healthy to get fighting advice like that for Erio but he's low on options. The guys have shown a distinct ability to get owned so he's gotta try. Chrono doesn't use a bladed weapon so thats out, Acous using those dogs, Zafira is done and Vice is out (he wouldn't have fit anyways). Plus not like he can fly up to Zest and ask him to train him, besides he uses a self-damaging full-drive which you wouldn't want to mimic. Least in A's Signum showed the ability to get cut and bloodied up so that may be a good training fit. At least it seemed like she was helping him as I thought use the booster form in a melee situation.
Old 2007-08-05, 17:37   Link #92
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Someone needs to go and play Homeworld and Homeworld 2.

Spoiler for for size:

Lawl, I played and finished both of them, and it's obvious that Vivio's absolutely different case - she does nothing to the ship consciously, so the question is - why the heck a living being is needed?
Old 2007-08-05, 17:50   Link #93
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Lawl, I played and finished both of them, and it's obvious that Vivio's absolutely different case - she does nothing to the ship consciously, so the question is - why the heck a living being is needed?
Well...she is the Vessel of the Saints after all...meaning she's the container, holding the power source of the ship...or something like that
Old 2007-08-05, 17:52   Link #94
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:

Maybe the Relic that's been stuffed inside her is controlling the ship, and she's being used as a conductor? Power source convertor? ¯\(°_o)/¯

Sounds pretty obvious to me. Relic (AI/Power) + Vessel (Conductor) = nice working Super Star Destroyer... with a REALLY GODAWFUL COLOURSCHEME. I mean, who in the heck decided that an interplanetary destroyer should be coloured PURPLE and YELLOW? The X-Men?

I take it Regius was working on the Second Great Hyperspace Core when the Numbers came to visit.
Old 2007-08-05, 18:13   Link #95
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

For me, the name "Cradle" intrigues me. There has to be a reason why it's named so, and not something more... appropriate.

My take at the Cradle-Vivio connection is that the ship was created to protect a specific someone or someones. Possible someones would include the child(ren) of the ship's creator, someone important in Ancient Belkan society, etc. Perhaps also, someone who is linked to Relic VII.

If so, it'll be possible that the ship was created to recognise only that/these someone(s) as it's master/pilot/commander/ward. Possibly through their genes, or something like that.

The only problem now to this theory is the purpose of the Relic. Why Vivio only, and not anyone else?

My take would be that the Relics are personnel-specific, aka they will only work for/on the right people only. This idea came from the fact that Lutecia can only revive her "mother" with Relic XI, and none other. Perhaps Relic VII, the key to awakening and operating the Cradle(?), can only work on the someone it was meant to protect? That may explain the reason for Vivio's creation. She may be a exact replica of the intended ward.

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-05, 18:40   Link #96
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Considering that the central system shapes like a throne to begin with, (( and the interior designs are clearly not Jail's style )), highly doubtful.

And since it's apparently the greatest of the greatest Ancient Belka conventional weapon, with a freaking throne and a purple-yellow color scheme...I wouldn't be surprised if it was designed to be less functional and more of a splendor... kinda like ceremonial weapons, only that this one has genuine power.

And yeah, like Estavali said, it may be because it works in correlation to Vivio's existence. But now that her purpose is shown...who created Vivio? Surely it can't be just randomly an Artificial Mage.

Frankly, I'm getting Xenosaga vibes out of this one...Cradle, Vessel of Saints, Relics, Kings... it reminds me of the Omega System, Abel, Abel's Ark, Zohar Emulators...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-05, 18:43   Link #97
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

Oh, and of course, someone forgot to give the script to Jail in this episode, so he had to improvise...
I like him better when he was calm...he's getting overly excited about this, so much that he's giving away his location, and where Vivio is being held...
Reminds me of myself when I constructed an giant experimental unit and was mocking everyone in the game...

... Boy, they didn't take that too lightly...

Quote:
Let's see what'll happen on ep 20, some fighting, hopefuly...and maybe another piece of prophecy from Carim?
Carim: "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something!"

Chrono: "Not again... Sigh..."
Old 2007-08-05, 19:40   Link #98
Skane
Anime Snark

Given the prophecy, things do not look good for the Asura.

Cheers.
Old 2007-08-05, 19:40   Link #99
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Quote:
Carim: "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something!"
Chrono: "Not again... Sigh..."
Given that in most cases, prophecies are usually fulfilled in some manner, I'd expect Carim's latest prophecy to be some kind of cryptic clue to how the prophecy in this case is resolved. She seemed to be reluctant to her skill in the episode 20 preview, so one can only guess if what would be learned in the scene after is bad news of some sort.

(As if "TSAB going down sometime in the next year, baby!" wasn't bad news enough.)
Old 2007-08-05, 19:59   Link #100
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Random notes (feels like this thread is moving 5cm per second...):

Yeah for Wendi (Otto and Deed ignored her...)

Yeah for Ginga (May she stay this way forever)

Yeah for Scaglietti (Go and destroy the "good" guys again)

Yeah for Quattro (Amused at her facial expression, she's enjoying this, definitely)

Yeah for shock from the "good" guys (Hahaha, Nanoha had a good one, so did the rest for the Ginga and Vivio scenes)

Yeah for Regius getting a second heart attack (he looked like it)

Yeah for the failure of a force (that was Einherjar... Weak!...)

Still waiting for Due...

Boo! Why did green hair and purple have to appear...
Closed Thread