AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-30, 15:52   Link #281
Solafighter
Hige

The OVA is AWSOME!

Love it!
Old 2008-09-30, 21:38   Link #282
mugener

the first week dvd sales of lucky star ova is out.

near 32,000...

hope that after paid the copyright fee for reference of other works,
kyoani can still earn back what they spend on making this anime.

Spoiler for dvd sales list this week:

Old 2008-10-01, 17:49   Link #283
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
has anyone thought about this: despite it all being a dream, konata was still calling kagami a tsundere... that means, deep down, she's AWARE of it kagamin KNOWS she's a tsundere

禁則事項です
Old 2008-10-01, 17:54   Link #284
Rembr

?

If people says something to me, it wouldn't be unusual to hear those things repeated in my dream.
Old 2008-10-01, 19:58   Link #285
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
has anyone thought about this: despite it all being a dream, konata was still calling kagami a tsundere... that means, deep down, she's AWARE of it kagamin KNOWS she's a tsundere
I think it's just an "every day" occurrence popping up in her dream. Doesn't mean she actually is a Tsundere.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2008-10-01 at 21:08.
Old 2008-10-01, 21:52   Link #286
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
i can agree with the "everyday occurance" part. out of all the stories, putting the magic aside, this one felt the most lucky star like... for me anyway. coz one of the main appeals of the series was the konata-kagamin interaction, and this one is totally what the original was like.

禁則事項です
Old 2008-10-02, 01:54   Link #287
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have to say the MMO sequence was the most "lucky-starish" to me.... but i also enjoyed the volleyball sequence for the character development.

Disappointed the Lucky*Channel didn't feature Akira's VA in growly jaded mode.
Old 2008-10-02, 05:06   Link #288
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Disappointed the Lucky*Channel didn't feature Akira's VA in growly jaded mode.
They probably didn't wanna scare the fans away.
Old 2008-10-02, 05:34   Link #289
Switch.

The OVA was awesome, I was laughing the whole time, I loved the RPG part with Tsukasa not knowing how to chat and all, damn I want more Lucky Star! And the part were they laughed with Keroro OH ROFL
Old 2008-10-02, 09:16   Link #290
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
I agree with Trueno about the Konata-Kagami interaction bit, but also with Vexx on the MMO scene having the most Lucky*Star feel overall. And yes to the character development in the volleyball scene. Lucky*Star is an anime where character development almost never really happens, so I appreciated the very brief change of pace.
Old 2008-10-02, 14:19   Link #291
Sora_Nobodie

I wonder what game is it they were playing in the OVA. Anyone knows a mmo like that? besides Flyff
Old 2008-10-02, 15:45   Link #292
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I can think of half a dozen MMOs .. especially since they mentioned the "play free" + "cash shop" model while playing. DOMO, ASDAstory, Rose Online, etc.

Don't recall a specific one that really looked exactly like that one though --- I suspect they were careful not to nail it down to one. I did like the lighting effects and shiny UI though.
Old 2008-10-03, 01:23   Link #293
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I love the all the arcs in the ova especially the mmorpg bits, tsukasa couldn't speak was almost too cute , and i burst out laughter when i hear the quote from code geass, where the pet shop owner yelled out
Old 2008-10-03, 02:25   Link #294
jillybutt

Yeahh!! There were lots of references as well that made me laugh throughout the whole OVA...like the Sayonara Zetsubou thing. I totally loved the KonataxKagami-ness, hahaha, and yeah, I actually quite liked the Cherry arc as well. When Hiyori tried to be nice to Cherry that part made me laugh really hard, . The MMO part was awesome~ hilarious.
Old 2008-10-03, 06:52   Link #295
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Quote:
I can think of half a dozen MMOs .. especially since they mentioned the "play free" + "cash shop" model while playing. DOMO, ASDAstory, Rose Online, etc.

Don't recall a specific one that really looked exactly like that one though --- I suspect they were careful not to nail it down to one. I did like the lighting effects and shiny UI though.
Maybe the GTA SA mods?

If they really have a MMO with characters from the anime shows, I really do not mind trying.
Old 2008-10-03, 07:07   Link #296
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Quote:

It's based on the Druaga-MMO. You can see the green-blob like thingy they fought on the said trailer. The graphics looks like flyff/ROSE to me.
Old 2008-10-03, 13:07   Link #297
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Theme of Attack No.1

I posted it up on Youtube, shall be the actual one that Tsukasa sang, if my ears are right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMBSrFixEXQ
The full version was on the OST that came with the first press DVD.
Old 2008-10-03, 19:06   Link #298
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Finally got around to watching this and it was good to see the cast again--thought the dream sequence was going to be my least favorite part, but the references to other anime made it more entertaining (any time Keroro has a cameo it's awesome, and Shiraishi as Mujaki from Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer at 34:12 made me do a double-take, you don't see a huge amount of UY references these days). If I had to pick, I'd say Konata's Kagami costume changes was my favorite part of the OVA though A little disappointed in Lucky Channel, it's just jarring to see real-life characters somehow...

Does anyone know if this OVA is going to be part of the R1 release? I'm assuming no, or that it would have to be licensed and released separately down the road.
Old 2008-10-03, 20:16   Link #299
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
The full version was on the OST that came with the first press DVD.
No wonder it's available.

What are the other songs on the OST?
Old 2008-10-03, 20:46   Link #300
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Just wondering if anyone apart from Tappika will sub this. I wanna watch Lucky Channel >_>
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, ova, school life, seinen