AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-13, 00:06   Link #881
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Kid Icarus - 2012, first quarter
Really looking forward to it... Go, Sakurai, make us a great game!
Also needed to be noted here: there's going to be a few Kid Icarus shorts that will be available worldwide via Nintendo video, with the shorts being produced by Production I.G., Studio 4C, and SHAFT.
Old 2011-09-13, 00:15   Link #882
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Thinking I'm gonna buy a 3DS for my birthday next month as a part of my video game collection. But NOT confirmed yet (Since 3ds games are hard to find in my states).
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 01:08   Link #883
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hats off to Nintendo securing the Monster Hunter Franchise, they've secured the #1 spot in Japan with that alone. They still need to work on the Western side of things though but it's a start.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 01:24   Link #884
Iron Maw
Banned

You can find all the trailer from the conference here:

http://nintendoeverything.com/
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 02:25   Link #885
Sides

What? No taiko no tatsujin coming soon? Come on namco-bandai, if you want money do it.
Fire Emblem, hell yeah!
Only thing that is a big disappointment is, the slide pad. No battery boost, but instead it needs an AAA battery itself?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 02:30   Link #886
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

lol Namco-Bandai's been a joke since the two companies joined together. They've had a few good moments but their understanding of the gaming world is so poor that they've lost so many chances on making money. A perfect starting example is the Tales series.

Fire Emblem sounds epic; if they make it a nice 2D meets 3D style I'll appreciate it that much more. It's when they try and incorporate ridiculous 3D models that look terrible when I feel like I've been cheated out of the original experience. That slide pad, in all honesty I don't care about a second pad. Anyone who wants one, I understand, but I find it funny how many complaints against Nintendo there are about it. It's not THAT big of a deal; I'm gonna live just fine without it.
Old 2011-09-13, 03:25   Link #887
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm all for a new Fire Emblem game. Especially after checking out those screenshots.

Animal Crossing 3DS looks beautiful :3. Easily my most looked forward to game on the handheld.

& wow, can Bravely Default seriously look that good on the 3DS?
Old 2011-09-13, 08:34   Link #888
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
A perfect starting example is the Tales series.
I hope you mean in terms of getting the games out of Japan, because otherwise Xillia wants a word with you.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 11:10   Link #889
kyouray
2D > 3D

No news about Flipnote...meh.
Zelda : Four Swords hasn't online mode but it will include a new single-player mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Animal Crossing 3DS looks beautiful :3. Easily my most looked forward to game on the handheld.
& wow, can Bravely Default seriously look that good on the 3DS?
I hope there will be more customization for this Animal Crossing.
Bravely Default sure looks gorgeous indeed. Plus it will use AR cards, they finally decide to exploit this. The Miku game also includes this and they also showed Kid Icarus AR card battles as announced some months ago.
I'm looking forward to playing epic battles on Mario Kart
Old 2011-09-13, 11:38   Link #890
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
I hope there will be more customization for this Animal Crossing.
I'd say it's added plenty of customization so far. A lot more than in between GCN and WW and that says a lot.

- Separate shirts and skirts/pants/shorts (also I recall seeing a belt in the early screenshots!)
- Items can be put on the wall now
- Furniture is more customizable (in the newest trailer it shows a girl putting out a couch with the pillows having the same design as her shirt - also of interest is that the design is a shirt design from the very beginning of this series, meaning that we can use designs that have always been "off-limits" to us if you know what I mean)
- One of NoA's recent Tweets hints at being able to customize the exterior of the house. Whether they're referring to the outdoor furniture or not, is not made clear, though. Hopefully they mean the house there.

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 14:23   Link #891
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I hope you mean in terms of getting the games out of Japan
That's exactly what I meant. Wherever I go on the internet there's a group of people wondering why the company doesn't localize a lot of their games. It IS a lot of work to translate and I can understand, but with the amount of money that they're flushing away, they might as well should have done it.
Old 2011-09-13, 16:38   Link #892
kyouray
2D > 3D

Has anyone tried Bravely Default's Augmented Reality ? It looks sweet.
I didn't manage to see it with the trick...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
I'd say it's added plenty of customization so far. A lot more than in between GCN and WW and that says a lot.
Thanks for this info.
I also read we can be the head of the village and boost its development.
Town concept art :
Old 2011-09-14, 02:28   Link #893
Sides

Quote:
That's exactly what I meant. Wherever I go on the internet there's a group of people wondering why the company doesn't localize a lot of their games. It IS a lot of work to translate and I can understand, but with the amount of money that they're flushing away, they might as well should have done it.
Well it is a production fault, so you should blame the producers. Games these days should start localisation work at the beginning. This way you get minimal delays and you save costs. The thing is NB see themselves as a global company, but it seems they have no idea what they are doing. I can understand that the Taiko no Tatsujin series does have some problem with licences, but game like Tales of... should be produced like their hyped game Enslaved, Dark Souls and so on, notice that those were outsourced and those devs seem to get it right. If you are a global company then you should make your product available for the global community.
Old 2011-09-14, 02:36   Link #894
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Agreed. I can understand J-Games not getting localized because of the popularity issues, but it seems companies are just terrible at recognizing what isn't popular. They do minimal testing with almost no knowledge and assume it won't sell. No risks, no money.

At least Nintendo is good with whatever they do, so imports or not I enjoy their consoles. With things like PS3 and 360 I always get tired of the same generic shooters coming out every year. It's all about muscles, bullets and explosions nowadays.
Old 2011-09-14, 10:10   Link #895
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
At least Nintendo is good with whatever they do, so imports or not I enjoy their consoles.
Forgot the region locks on the Wii and 3DS already? How about three JRPGs not being localised by Nintendo of America while Nintendo Europe is on it?
Old 2011-09-14, 10:42   Link #896
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
At least Nintendo is good with whatever they do, so imports or not I enjoy their consoles.
I agree they are pretty good.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 12:21   Link #897
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Forgot the region locks on the Wii and 3DS already? How about three JRPGs not being localised by Nintendo of America while Nintendo Europe is on it?
Well, if a console's region locked anyways then imports aren't something to worry about, hmm? Doesn't really mean I favour Nintendo for localizing because they do withhold things as well, but if they do at least I enjoy their standard titles more.
Old 2011-09-14, 13:55   Link #898
Sides

Layton VS Ace Attorney Screens on famitsu.com and small article on andriasang.com
Old 2011-09-15, 01:08   Link #899
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

After watching part of Sony's conference, I really (again) realized how amazing Iwata is at presentations. I wish I could do presentations so well.
Easy to understand, not boring, well planned, smiling while giving off a professional (and deadly) aura, etc...

Rather, Sony...
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15602563
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15603878
(;;;;;o_o;; )

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 01:16   Link #900
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Layton VS Ace Attorney Screens on famitsu.com and small article on andriasang.com

Wow.... didn't expect 3D models... kinda expected the classic 2D characters and everything... not that I'm complaining or anything. It looks nice~

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds