AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-17, 00:27   Link #1161
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think Neko can do that. She created illusions out of nothing and modified the look of things that were already there, but if she could make something disappear, or rather make it invisible, she would have done so with the three of them at the beginning. It would have been a lot easier to escape that way.

The first illusion was worthless, so I don't think Shiro was thanking her for that. And I don't think he manifested the sword at all since he wasn't even there to do it. He was probably with Neko waiting for Kuro while Neko distracted everyone with her illusion. Also, Shiro seemed really honest when he said he didn't have any memories before the moment Neko found him, so there's no way he would now how to manifest the sword even if he was capable of it.

I suppose we won't know for sure until we have more info but for now my point stands.
Mm, valid points. I suppose we'll simply have to agree to disagree for now.

I do agree that Shiro was honest about his amnesia, though his amnesia might just mean that he doesn't understand the implications of the sword(hence his confusion at the king/clansmen idea but nonchalant treatment of supernatural abilities).

Next week can't come fast enough.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:58   Link #1162
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
I don't think Neko can do that. She created illusions out of nothing and modified the look of things that were already there, but if she could make something disappear, or rather make it invisible, she would have done so with the three of them at the beginning. It would have been a lot easier to escape that way.
Neko can make things unable to be perceived by other people. After all, that's probably how she can make herself seem invisible in episodes 1 and 2, and when Kuroh scared her in Ep4, she turned visible again. Apart from herself, she was also able to make it seem as if the stadium lights were turned off in Episode 7, which counts as making the light turn "invisible". I think that Neko didn't use it when trying to get Kuroh and Shiro to escape because it'll be clearly an illusion in that case and easily dispelled, as opposed to creating the Shibuya scenery and making everyone confused for a while.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 01:02   Link #1163
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Neko can make things unable to be perceived by other people. After all, that's probably how she can make herself seem invisible in episodes 1 and 2, and when Kuroh scared her in Ep4, she turned visible again. Apart from herself, she was also able to make it seem as if the stadium lights were turned off in Episode 7, which counts as making the light turn "invisible".
Was she really invisible in those occasions or just in cat form? And the lights are not objects so it doesn't necessarily invalidate my point.
Old 2012-11-17, 01:02   Link #1164
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
All i can say about beginning of ep was "so gay....." Shiro needs to go personality change instead of being all feminine/ using the personality of a dead (wo)man the entire time.
Old 2012-11-17, 01:13   Link #1165
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Was she really invisible in those occasions or just in cat form? And the lights are not objects so it doesn't necessarily invalidate my point.
She was definitely invisible in Episodes 1 and 4, and pretty sure in Episode 2 as well, or they would've shown it. Also, remember how in Episode 1, the robot reacted to Neko's presence? That's because she hid her presence from all other human beings, probably. That's why the robot could still detect her, because technically it had no "senses".

Also what would we do if it turns out at the end that the whole series was an illusion by Neko?
Old 2012-11-17, 01:15   Link #1166
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
That's why the robot could still detect her, because technically it had no "senses".
That's a really good point I realized today, again illustrating how well-written this series is.
Old 2012-11-17, 01:21   Link #1167
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
there's an easy way to this. Who's the voice actor for Shiro's alter ego and who is the voice actor for that long hair dude from shiro's memory. If its the same voila
Old 2012-11-17, 01:23   Link #1168
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I rewatched the earlier episodes and really, I agree with Defade - I'm very impressed with how the show managed to foreshadow so much without viewers noticing those subtle hints, by hiding some of them as just offhand remarks or even funny scenes. For instance:

* OP - Shiro falls down from the sky. It turns out to be relevant.
* Episode 1 - Kukuri "I feel like if I just took my eyes off him, he'll just fade away..." - That's what happens!
* Ep 1 - Robots say "You're too kind" to invisible Neko. Because she only tweaks with the senses of those who actually have them.
* Ep 2 - Shiro sees the "Marilyn" flyer and names his imaginary sister "Mari". Guess where Yashiro's own name comes from?
* Ep 4 - Robots tried to clean Shiro out as trash. Because he's not a student.
* Ep 4 - Alibi photo with the coat zipped up.

And I bet soon, there'll be a lot more. This show really is something.

Quote:
there's an easy way to this. Who's the voice actor for Shiro's alter ego and who is the voice actor for that long hair dude from shiro's memory. If its the same voila
Not the same. Namikawa Daisuke voices both Shiros. Someone else voices Mr Longhair.
Old 2012-11-17, 01:46   Link #1169
mistress_kisara

Ok I have read shmaster's post before it got deleted. Pretty interesting, I wonder how the Colorless king fits in all of it...
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 02:00   Link #1170
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Source material? I don't quite understand. Isn't K an original anime?
Old 2012-11-17, 02:05   Link #1171
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Source material? I don't quite understand. Isn't K an original anime?
IKR!? What he posted was under a spoiler tag, it was from Side Red and Side Blue novels
Old 2012-11-17, 02:10   Link #1172
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Aren't those just spin-offs, not original spoiler materials? Is that explicitly disallowed or something?

(I still think we kind of need a subforum for all this, now. We have 2 spin off novels, 2 spin-off mangas, an on-going anime, and this is going to get cluttered really fast.)
Old 2012-11-17, 02:21   Link #1173
kuromitsu

Yeah, those are all spinoffs (which is why there's two of them called "side this" and "side that"... ). So whatever info was posted it most probably wasn't a spoiler, I mean why spoil the anime in the spinoff novels?

Besides, I'm curious about them, I wouldn't have minded seeing the extra info.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 02:26   Link #1174
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Yeah, those are all spinoffs (which is why there's two of them called "side this" and "side that"... ). So whatever info was posted it most probably wasn't a spoiler, I mean why spoil the anime in the spinoff novels?

Besides, I'm curious about them, I wouldn't have minded seeing the extra info.
I was not able to copy it, but its mostly the history of the "kings"
Old 2012-11-17, 02:29   Link #1175
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I have got that post back.

I can forward it to those who want the info privately.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 02:30   Link #1176
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post

I'm interested. Thanks in advance.
Old 2012-11-17, 02:32   Link #1177
mistress_kisara

Quote:

Me too! I want to read it again
Old 2012-11-17, 02:41   Link #1178
dark998

K just passed the midway point and delivers its best episode so far, with stunning visuals, action and yes, plot too. All in one. Some mysteries get cleared out but at the same time new questions appear. 6 episodes to go now...

Oh, and Neko earned a ton of points this episode. She is a great heroine that loves her Shiro
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 02:56   Link #1179
kuromitsu

Quote:

*raises hand* Thanks!
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 02:59   Link #1180
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh Neko... what an adorable action to save Shiro... she is really a great heroine indeed ~nyaa

finally I get a clear grasp about this anime...
yeah! everything become interesting from now on...

hopefully the whole season isn't only about Shiro's adventure to regain his memories...
I was hoping he's playing some important part in the Kings battle
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural