Notices

Old 2013-06-07, 12:00   Link #2481
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
I wonder why?

----

Now, being serious.

This volume left various loose ends and this is the supposed final? Even if the anime series come with the epilogue of the series I don't think that is gonna fix it up.
They could make it like the novel, deleting last kiss or without break up.

Who knows?.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 12:11   Link #2482
Tsuntenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Hmm,that isnt me thats some kuroneko fan posting this pic titled: ''Burn Kirino burn'',
why would I do this I am a Kirino shipper plus its kinda waste burning your own merchandise,some hardcore fans are pure idiots
Kuroneko fans are weird in the head TBH Its like they have this weird hatred against Kirino where suddenly everything is her fault.

Also whens the epilogue (or first volume for the anime) supposed to come out ? I didn't catch the details about it I probably missed anything about it skimming through.
Old 2013-06-07, 12:31   Link #2483
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuntenshi View Post
Kuroneko fans are weird in the head TBH Its like they have this weird hatred against Kirino where suddenly everything is her fault.

Also whens the epilogue (or first volume for the anime) supposed to come out ? I didn't catch the details about it I probably missed anything about it skimming through.
The 16th, it is selling well right now.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 12:34   Link #2484
jandkas

So kyousuke deciding to not choose anyone is real? Then that means this ending will be reflected in the 3 ovas coming out when?
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 12:36   Link #2485
Breimoon

why can't people just ship for all charas?? ... i like kirino, ayase, kuroneko , sakurai, kanako etc etc....YES , kirino is my favourite but it is not like i must hate the others....
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 12:38   Link #2486
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
The 16th, it is selling well right now.
Wait, what? Japanese audience who watch and have preordered the blu ray for this show, what is wrong with you? I expected the blu ray preorders to go down by at least 66%.
I'm thinking that following the first girl trope is some sort of unspoken rule now or something. Other light novels have ended based on that trope.
Old 2013-06-07, 12:38   Link #2487
Reisengard

I am a Kuroneko fan, but I don't think this ending was bad. It may not be exactly how I wanted it, but I think it was a good ending, after all.

I can say, though, that I am feeling very melancholic since I heard the spoilers. I think my only problem with it is not knowing exactly how things went with Kuroneko. I hope the epilogue fixes it...
Reisengard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 12:38   Link #2488
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's more that the ending completely sours any good feelings you may have towards the series. Even reading the parts you liked before would bring up memories of what you hated. Besides, this sort of behavior isn't bad at all if it helps people vent as opposed to those who just lose their shit and start threatening violence to real people (usually the writer).

That being said the only Oreimo merchandise I have is vol 1 of the manga, which I'll just trade or sell, but I had already decided to do that after not being pleased at all with the art or wording of the translation.
Yeah, that always made sense to me. A story certainly is a big thing from the start, journey, and ending. But a terrible ending definitely hurts. You can't just jump back into the good parts in the middle because you know how it all turns out. When the journey ends up driving into a garbage dump, what's the point?

Now I probably wouldn't burn my stuff, though it does sound like a good way to vent . And I think that's better than some of the alternatives. Unfortunately all you can do is chalk it up to another disappointing conclusion to a series and move on.
Old 2013-06-07, 12:39   Link #2489
virox

Wouldn't it be more telling to just read some amazon.co.jp reviews? At least to get some opinions, it's usually the people who didn't like it to voice their hatred instead of those who liked it, but still.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E4%BF%BA%E3...owViewpoints=1
Seems like the crowd is getting divided pretty quickly.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 12:45   Link #2490
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Wouldn't it be more telling to just read some amazon.co.jp reviews? At least to get some opinions, it's usually the people who didn't like it to voice their hatred instead of those who liked it, but still.
Well barring the heavy shipping on either side of 1 and 5 you have a lot of different feelings about it in the middle. I can't claim it is shit since I've not read it but I certainly don't like how it played out so I'd probably end up rating it a 3 regardless of how funny it turns out being in between major events.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 12:47   Link #2491
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
I pretty much gave up reading the opinions after seeing Accel World get a 1 star and Mahouka getting 2.5 stars. I mean really, come on.
Old 2013-06-07, 12:57   Link #2492
GDB

The key is looking for reviews that are longer (to make parsing through them easier), and then look at the longer ones to see if it gives reasons or if it's just maniacal ranting.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 13:19   Link #2493
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
I'm thinking that following the first girl trope is some sort of unspoken rule now or something. Other light novels have ended based on that trope.
The trope dates back to Love Hina (manga from the late '90s) and before. Another story where the plot line just screamed for the protagonist to pick another character, over half of the series was spent developing that route, but the protagonist was basically kept jerking back to the "first girl" to the end.

There's probably some underlying gurgle that advocates this as some sort of "loyalty" but sometimes my only recourse is "thank god girl-left-out-in-the-cold wasn't trapped by that massive idiot".
Old 2013-06-07, 13:23   Link #2494
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The key is looking for reviews that are longer (to make parsing through them easier), and then look at the longer ones to see if it gives reasons or if it's just maniacal ranting.
Really, i have given up amazon review a long time ago, especially with novel, there are some rant that can reach an entire paragraph back in the day of Shana and Toradora>
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 13:27   Link #2495
Kakurin
大佐

Onwards...

Spoiler for Chapter 1 continuation:

Edit: Some Chinese Kirino-shippers already set a scanned version of the wedding-kiss as their background
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 13:33   Link #2496
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Onwards...

Wow, that was interesting.
Old 2013-06-07, 13:36   Link #2497
seangel92

Quote:
Onwards...

Edit: Some Chinese Kirino-shippers already set a scanned version of the wedding-kiss as their background
Link, please D:
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 13:47   Link #2498
Shinhwa
Banned

Incest ending... how nice... Hmm..... *leaves with disappointment >_<*
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 14:18   Link #2499
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Onwards...

I will change my avatar at animesuki in a short while to kirino also. KIRINO ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!
Old 2013-06-07, 14:25   Link #2500
Kakurin
大佐

I've a hard time catching up to the original translator... perhaps with night in China I can get even.

Spoiler for Continuation Volume 12:
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings