AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-10-16, 01:20   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 651 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers may be released...I don't know, go look and find out.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 01:50   Link #2
Ushio the Omega

What a load of shit! is Kishimoto channeling Hiro Mashima with this chapter or what.

I really don't want a resurrected dead guy or a berserk monster to be the final big bad so I was fine with Obito but why the hell does Kishimoto feel the need to have him redeemed? he didn't with Deidara, Hidan or Kakuzu which is why all 3 were awesome.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 02:00   Link #3
Artful Dodger

I remember people disagreeing about Obito being the "Naruto" of his generation for whatever reason. It looks like this chapter cements it, in case it wasn't already incredibly obvious before (the attitude, potential, even attire[goggles, etc.]). Anyway, the plot is moving, but still at a crawling pace. All we really got was an attack with some flashbacks. I read that Kishimoto has got a new editor and this may be the reason for the very slow pacing recently. Did anyone else hear this?
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 02:27   Link #4
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Did the Konoha 11 and Sasuke just form Voltron? Did anyone ever think we would see Tenten in a kyuubi cloak using the rasengan? And Sakura was left out.

At least the plot moved and we broke from what could have been another boring back and forth battle. The power of friendship won. Obito lost and will be redeemed in the next chapter before he dies in Kakashi's arms. Still whining about Rin. Now is time for Madara to replace him.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 02:42   Link #5
Eleutheria
旅行癖

The shadow of dragonball lies long over this chapter. It's basically no different from energy ball vs energy ball (stronger feelings wins!)
Old 2013-10-16, 03:40   Link #6
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's a rasengan orgy and everyone is invited...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 04:36   Link #7
Tchadnis

this was a total joke , sighs i guess konoha 11 finally got usefull oh my bad konoha 10 now without neji
Old 2013-10-16, 06:09   Link #8
MadaraXuchiha

Awesome chapter.. Though i really do not see the need for konoha 10. Naruto could have easily done 9 kage bunshins. Still its nice having the gang come over n help a bit. *grins*.. Makes them usefull. Dont u think so too?
MadaraXuchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 07:52   Link #9
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

finally with that attack i guess this battle is over but not the war Madara is still there .though i would have preferred a strategic and skillful win, but it was good to see the others doing something together rather than just be in the background, come to think of it this was the first time we have seen the power of friendship in Naruto so i guess it's okay.

now there is all talk no talk with obito lying on the ground and then kakashi will join in
Old 2013-10-16, 09:25   Link #10
BlueCosmos

Well after an entire chapter for 1 attack. Which we have seen many "lets finish this" moments. Maybe this time it is over for obito. My one hope is madara. Lets see him pull a body take of justu on sasuke and he becomes sasuke. Killing sasuke and replacing him.

Maybe obito can give Kakashi his other eye hahahaha ha
BlueCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 09:41   Link #11
itachi-san314

this was so bad i'm speechless. it's worse than bleach right now and that's saying a lot
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 09:41   Link #12
DKN117

My guess: Obito's not quite done yet; that was a Super-Effective hit, his HP's in the red now, but he's not down for the count just yet.

And g*d-damnit, Kishimoto, stop shafting Sakura! Just for that, in my mega-crossover, I'm gonna try to give her as many awesome moments as I can - like, taking down an Ultralisk in two blows, or out-muscling and killing a daemon who's been slaughtering red-shirts, or something.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 09:54   Link #13
Haloid

This was a pretty bad chapter. It was dedicated to one attack, the plot only moved by an inch, and it looks like Obito is going to lose to the power of friendship. What is this, fairy tail?!
Haloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 10:52   Link #14
wombface
Honorary Junior Deputy

Next thing we know, Orochimaru will break down crying, amid many flashbacks, and repent, attacking madara with his old sensei!!
Old 2013-10-16, 10:55   Link #15
Cookie-Monster

I have no problem with obito beeing redeemed. He always seemed like the starter course to the main meal that is Madara.

But things have gotten so incredibly messy and cheesy. And theres nothing worse than a cheesy mess.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 10:56   Link #16
james0246

I loved the visuals. Obito's attacks still look cool, and the Susano'o-fied-Kyuubi was quite pretty. Everyone gaining the Naruto cloak was also quite nice (even if they are still only filler and are doing the job a clone could do just as easily if not better). Just the overall presentation was quite beautiful...even if it was all really stupid.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 11:08   Link #17
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Yeah I guess clones would have worked as well but Edo itachi told him to rely on his friends...
I kinda liked the chapter....nope really like the chapter. That friendship move gave them the opening they needed

Something about the sof6 story doesn't add up....

(Kakashi and tobirama are related)

Last edited by Artimus_Prime; 2013-10-16 at 11:20.
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 11:19   Link #18
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I didn't really understand why Kakashi suddenly started to see through Obito's eyes (and even hear him).

And how could Sasuke know, that Madara used a Susanoo-cloak on the Kyuubi in the past? Okay, I think it was part of the First's flashback when he was talking to Sasuke, but did he really go this far into details?
He heard about it from Hashirama, and yes he did.
Old 2013-10-16, 11:26   Link #19
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Look! Rock Lee actually used a ninjutsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadaraXuchiha View Post
Awesome chapter.. Though i really do not see the need for konoha 10. Naruto could have easily done 9 kage bunshins.
Then Naruto wouldn't have won. See, the entire point of the battle was to show the difference between Obito and Naruto. One has friends and bonds. The other threw them away. Obito is like the Grinch. Something bad happened to him and he became a nasty jerk. His heart is two sizes too small. That is why when they clashed, he saw the dream of him having gotten over Rin thanks to having friends. Then he became Hokage. And like the Grinch, he will see the error of his ways and be redeemed. Narutism is just like the power of Christmas!

But seriously, I actually like that Kishi thought of a way to involve the K11 and just not have SasuNaru and Obito throw meaningless jutsu at each other for 5 chapters. It gave the battle more meaning and goes back to what Itachi told him. It also should be a good lesson for Sasuke. And why he can never defeat/kill Naruto. As long as Naruto has his Inner Circle, he is unbeatable.

It also makes me think Kishi realized he messed up during the Pain fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
this was so bad i'm speechless. it's worse than bleach right now and that's saying a lot
Oh god no. Nothing is as bad as Bleach. Kishi at least tries to stick to his themes. Bleach is an unfunny comedy at this point.

I actually liked this chapter. Really liked it in fact.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 11:53   Link #20
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

So apparently So6P's DNA sword a shit apparently, or is the Sasuke/Naruto combo that good?

I really liked this chapter, diggin' the Kyuubi Susano'oh armor look as well.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion