AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-05-15, 17:26   Link #29741
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
I think people have already mentioned that the hard points being there on the MG Jesta..

However, people have wondered if Bandai will troll us and just do an online exclusive release for the Jesta Cannon upgrade pack or just the entire kit itself.

It wouldn't be surprising with how Bandai doing so many online exclusives lately, and retailers love it since they can charge more, and the fans will buy it regardless.
Considering how popular all of the Unicorn MGs are I don't think they are gonna release it as an online exclusive.
Then again, I am pretty terrible at predicting what Bandai is gonna do :P
Not to mention that I don't really care about the Jesta Cannon that much. Having built the regular Jesta now (both in HG and MG form) I don't really feel like buy a third one. Especially since this MG didn't really impress me all that much. It just looks good but that's about it. Maybe I'm just spoiled though, my last MG before that was the Nu Ver.Ka afterall^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 17:28   Link #29742
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Well you know me.. NOT A UC FAN AT ALL. =P
So whatever Bandai does with the Jesta Cannon MG, I most likely won't get it; 99% sure I won't.
Old 2013-05-15, 22:32   Link #29743
Providenceangle

I gotta say it... I GOT A BURNING HEART!! lol

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wOS9bujpuU...w/s1600/6a.jpg

Mmmm Gp01
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 23:38   Link #29744
Skye629

SHIZUOKA HOBBY SHOW PICS UP NOW!!!!

SWEET

HG SEED ASTRAY GOLD FRAME MINA CUSTOM

And that new Red Frame sword as a hobby mag release (HG)

Gundam 3.0:
Hmmmm nice details and articulation
I may get this, since the core fighter gimmick is probably present unlike the OYW, and the proportions IMO is still leagues more tolerable than the 2.0 (For me of course, its personal), wonder if we will get a G3 for this (I would assume a normal release, due to its popularity and the 2.0 getting that treatment)

Hehehe the HGUC kits are looking goooooodd

Side Note:

Those Valvrave kits are looking awesome, may think of getting some

OH SHIT A NEW EVA KIT?! or is it a RD? (Its unit 8 I believe, the pink one)

Last edited by Skye629; 2013-05-15 at 23:49.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 01:18   Link #29745
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

HG Astray Gold Amatu Mina:
I see they’ll go with the same “regular gold” for MG Strike Freedom. Meh, I don’t mind since it always looks more yellowish and more eye-catchy than your usual gold chrome. I might buy both the HG and 1/100. I want to make one of them into Amatu Gina custom (the one without the high-heels).

MG Gundam 3.0:
It looks nice and the articulation looks superb as expected. Love the big bazooka. Let’s see how the kit will hold together. Also, why did they show MG Gundam ver.Ka box-art in one of those photos?

RG GP01:
So... the official name for Fb is FULL BURNERN??! (and Doven Wolf is DOOBEN WOLF???)
Oukaey...

Not much to say about the others other than they looks decent (HG Astray Red Flight Unit & MG Geara Doga in particular).
Old 2013-05-16, 03:33   Link #29746
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
I gotta say it... I GOT A BURNING HEART!! lol

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wOS9bujpuU...w/s1600/6a.jpg

Mmmm Gp01
So... beautiful... Damn, I can't wait to get mine
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 03:48   Link #29747
Kirayuki

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Kirayuki; 2013-05-16 at 05:42.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 04:08   Link #29748
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
HG Astray Gold Amatu Mina:
I see they’ll go with the same “regular gold” for MG Strike Freedom. Meh, I don’t mind since it always looks more yellowish and more eye-catchy than your usual gold chrome. I might buy both the HG and 1/100. I want to make one of them into Amatu Gina custom (the one without the high-heels).

MG Gundam 3.0:
It looks nice and the articulation looks superb as expected. Love the big bazooka. Let’s see how the kit will hold together. Also, why did they show MG Gundam ver.Ka box-art in one of those photos?

RG GP01:
So... the official name for Fb is FULL BURNERN??! (and Doven Wolf is DOOBEN WOLF???)
Oukaey...

Not much to say about the others other than they looks decent (HG Astray Red Flight Unit & MG Geara Doga in particular).
I think it's nice that they actually do release the Gold Frame as a HG. And I think it's ok that it won't have shiny parts. Because if it did the price would be extremely high, like it's the case with the HG Delta.

Gundam 3.0 looks very nice. It's the right amount of details for that scale in my opinion.
This isn't just a 1/100 RG in my eyes, they went one step further.
Old 2013-05-16, 04:29   Link #29749
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
I see that even MG can't fix F90's ugly face . Oh well, it's miles better than the 1/100 anyway. And I hope all of its armaments will be MGed too. It's a rather extreme wish, but hey, one is allowed to dream, right?

EDIT:
Kirayuki, are you sure the photo of MG F90 you posted above is from the most recent Shizuoka Hobby Show? Coz when I try searching it, I found the exact same photo in this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29216296@N00/4159874836/
And the tag said that the photo was taken on December 5 2009 or even in 2006.
So, if the tag is right then you just posted an old photo taken during Shizuoka fair way back in 2009 or 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
And I think it's ok that it won't have shiny parts. Because if it did the price would be extremely high, like it's the case with the HG Delta.
Actually, that’s kinda what I meant. Plus, I like the “default gold” Bandai provided like what we get with the regular MG Strike Freedom. I own both version of MG Strike Freedom (one regular with default gold, the other is FBM with chrome gold) and I love both versions of gold equally. They have their plus and minus.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-05-16 at 05:38.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 05:41   Link #29750
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Kirayuki, are you sure the photo of MG F90 you posted above is from the most recent Shizuoka Hobby Show? Coz when I try searching it, I found the exact same photo in this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29216296@N00/4159874836/
And the tag said that the photo was taken on December 5 2009 or even in 2006.
So, if the tag is right then you just posted an old photo taken during Shizuoka fair way back in 2009 or 2006.
You're right, after checking out the other people albums doesn't seem there is one

Example :
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8826050&type=1
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 12:26   Link #29751
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

After looking closely at the Gundam ver 3.0, the equipment that it comes with are from the 2.0 mold. And here I thought it would be a complete up-scaled version of an RG.

Also, HG Gold Frame Amatsu Mina Custom?! My prayers have been answered again. Now all I need an MG version.
Old 2013-05-16, 12:29   Link #29752
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

That feeling when I can now collect all three advanced variants of the Astrays in HG form... I am most pleased by this ;-;

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 14:22   Link #29753
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
After looking closely at the Gundam ver 3.0, the equipment that it comes with are from the 2.0 mold. And here I thought it would be a complete up-scaled version of an RG.

Also, HG Gold Frame Amatsu Mina Custom?! My prayers have been answered again. Now all I need an MG version.
Don't stop there! I want that in 1/60 PG!!! The basic frame exists, only the will lacks!
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 14:46   Link #29754
Appel

Quote:
The equipment of the 2.0 is pretty much as good as it gets. Not much to improve there, they just have to change them to make them compatible with the new hands (which I assume the 3.0 is gonna use as well).

After painting the nubs on my Jesta I just realized how bad they really are :P They are everywhere, big and extremely noticable. I'm glad I still had the right paints lying around...
Oh, and did I ever say how much I hate those variable hips that pretty much all new MGs have? They never work for me. Ever. They just make posing even more difficult.
Old 2013-05-16, 20:07   Link #29755
MrSubstitute1

From the promotional video and the pictures of the MG RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.3.0, I am quite fond of the things they are trying to achieve for the future of MG. I most definitely like the engineering that is going into it to give even more range of articulation and more detailed armor shifting. I am glad that is has a full detailed innerframe from head to toe, but it does not feel filled out and I understand that sacrifice must be made to give it a more intricate armor shifting. Hopefully it can get even better with time. From a perspective of looking at it, I am getting use to it. A small nitpick that I had with RG was that the arms were a bit too far from the body, and I always thought it look unnatural, so I am happy that they remedy that for this scale. I am curious if they are going to completely copy the look of its RG counterpart or make some slight changes in the design so it could stand out with out copying it completely.

Now I want to know what Gundam would like to see receive this treatment? I think a Gundam that would most definitely benefit would be the Unicorn Gundam in terms of articulations. But I am curious as to what they will do with the Unicorn color scheme as it is known for being straight white. I would also like to see any mobile suit with a condenser on them receive this treatment because I think it would create an interesting design.
MrSubstitute1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 00:27   Link #29756
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSubstitute1 View Post
From the promotional video and the pictures of the MG RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.3.0, I am quite fond of the things they are trying to achieve for the future of MG. I most definitely like the engineering that is going into it to give even more range of articulation and more detailed armor shifting. I am glad that is has a full detailed innerframe from head to toe, but it does not feel filled out and I understand that sacrifice must be made to give it a more intricate armor shifting. Hopefully it can get even better with time. From a perspective of looking at it, I am getting use to it. A small nitpick that I had with RG was that the arms were a bit too far from the body, and I always thought it look unnatural, so I am happy that they remedy that for this scale. I am curious if they are going to completely copy the look of its RG counterpart or make some slight changes in the design so it could stand out with out copying it completely.

Now I want to know what Gundam would like to see receive this treatment? I think a Gundam that would most definitely benefit would be the Unicorn Gundam in terms of articulations. But I am curious as to what they will do with the Unicorn color scheme as it is known for being straight white. I would also like to see any mobile suit with a condenser on them receive this treatment because I think it would create an interesting design.
I doubt this treatment will work with the Unicorn, especially with its transformation

I think the best kits for this type of treatment are the more solid units without complex transformations, such as the MK.II or GP-01 (and of course the Zaku's which will be coming hot after the RX-78-2)

I would love to see a Hyaku Shiki get this treatment
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 09:17   Link #29757
suiton629
Master Grade Master

MG RX-78-2 Ver. 3.0
MG Geara Douga
MG Age-2 Double Bullet
MG Aile Strike RM Ver.

Is that it in terms of MG's shown at this year's Shizuoka Hobby Show? If so, then they failed hard.
Old 2013-05-17, 14:53   Link #29758
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

My MG Jesta has finally arrived! It's been a year since I last got an MG.

After seeing more pics of the MG Gundam ver. 3.0, I'm really impressed at how it looks so far. I'm just kinda disappointed by the fact that it still looks like a 1/100 RG though. Also I noticed that they are also re-using the 2.0 mold for the core fighter.
Old 2013-05-17, 15:06   Link #29759
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:

After seeing more pics of the MG Gundam ver. 3.0, I'm really impressed at how it looks so far. I'm just kinda disappointed by the fact that it still looks like a 1/100 RG though. Also I noticed that they are also re-using the 2.0 mold for the core fighter.
The RX-78-2 isn't a totally new mold. It uses mostly from the 2.0 and mixes in the RG tech (moving panels, multi-tone panels). I think it's an unnecessary release, but RX-78-2 fans should get it.
Old 2013-05-17, 17:22   Link #29760
Appel

Quote:

Have fun with your Jesta!^^ Just be sure to have some paints ready to remove those nubs! They are especially bad on the legs.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy