AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

View Poll Results: Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 8 20.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 53.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-27, 16:46   Link #41
Oxtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
And I'm wondering why is she asking whether Yoshino's seour will get the rosary. She seems to like the rosary a lot though.
Well, Nana is a kendo prodigy. Don't remember if it was mentioned in the anime, but in the novels they explain that the reason Nana was adopted by the grandfather was because she was the best at kendo out of all her sisters.

And the rosary once belonged to Rei, one of the best at kendo presently. I can see why Nana might be interested in it.
Old 2009-01-28, 05:19   Link #42
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
?? Wasn't that obvious from looking at the charts though? Or by keeping count of who won and lost in each round.
Or by seeing Rei consoling her team after the defeat.

Old 2009-01-28, 09:35   Link #43
inisipis

Thumbs up

I really have fun watching this episode.

Glad that Mami finally has her own petite soeur.
Hidemi Takachi, who we first saw in eps. 3 of the OVA, is the then nameless junior reporter who reported to Mami and the rest that she interviewed Kanako and that she doesn't wat to be Yumi's little sister. Even then i was rooting for the character to be Mami's soeur, since she has the aggressiveness and the initiative to be the next editor of the Lilian newspaper.
Hidemi seems more calm and reserved than the very excitable Mami or the very sneaky Minako though.
We saw her again at the OP where Touko and Mami opens the door of the Rose mansion, along withe other Junior reporter in the OVA.

Btw. What happened to Tsutako. She doesn't seem to be doing anything substantial in this series compared to the previous three seasons. In fact i don't remember her talking at all.
Old 2009-01-28, 18:44   Link #44
Molenir

I've been hoping Tsutako gets a soeur as well. Actually, I was hoping she would be the one to get one out of the tea party. Ah well. Hopefully we'll see that soon, and we'll be introduced to Mami's as well.
Old 2009-01-29, 03:57   Link #45
garnetklum

I really like the part when Yoshino was practicing what to say to Eriko. Funny!

Yumi trying to cover up for Yoshino was also cute.

Seems like we're going to see more of Nana in the coming episodes. Can't wait for Rei to meet Nana. I wonder if their gonna pull a kendo match between the two. Lol
Old 2009-01-29, 04:04   Link #46
garnetklum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
I've been hoping Tsutako gets a soeur as well. Actually, I was hoping she would be the one to get one out of the tea party. Ah well. Hopefully we'll see that soon, and we'll be introduced to Mami's as well.
I'm not sure if their going to show that substory.
Spoiler for series:

They seem to focus more on how Yumi gets her soeur and how she would deal with Sachiko's graduation.
Old 2009-01-29, 16:14   Link #47
Oxtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Or by seeing Rei consoling her team after the defeat.

Yeah, the anime basically cut from a scene of Rei winning to Rei consoling the team. For those unfamiliar with how kendo works, it's a little confusing. I'm sure we've all seen Bamboo Blade so we know how it all works, but just saying they could have clarified it a bit more. They did in the novel.
Old 2009-01-29, 19:54   Link #48
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
Yeah, the anime basically cut from a scene of Rei winning to Rei consoling the team. For those unfamiliar with how kendo works, it's a little confusing. I'm sure we've all seen Bamboo Blade so we know how it all works, but just saying they could have clarified it a bit more. They did in the novel.
Spoiler for In the book... (Someone else's translation):

Last edited by sa547; 2009-01-29 at 23:13.
Old 2009-01-29, 21:44   Link #49
Molenir

If you're that good at Japanese, you could always help Saki translate it for the rest of us. I know I'd appreciate it if I could read more of the story. Not sure how she'd take an additional translator working on it, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...sama_ga_Miteru
Old 2009-01-29, 23:15   Link #50
sa547
*Author

Quote:
If you're that good at Japanese, you could always help Saki translate it for the rest of us. I know I'd appreciate it if I could read more of the story. Not sure how she'd take an additional translator working on it, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Offtopic: I'm only good at translating English into Tagalog (and vice-versa) whenever I have the time.
Old 2009-02-03, 05:46   Link #51
Otus

Quote:

From Baka-Tsuki:

"Incidentally, I'm not really looking for another translator, at least not for the time being. Call it selfish, or arrogant, or whatever, but I'm relatively confident at this point that I can power through all of MariMite by myself, which would keep the style the same, throughout."
Old 2009-02-03, 08:18   Link #52
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

He says that but he actually wants more love, so pay no heed.
Old 2009-02-03, 11:24   Link #53
Molenir

Up until Seki's 4 month long break, I was ok with having a single translator. Now though, with the long break, and relatively slow release schedule, I'm thinking more then one additional translator is needed. Style is much less important then the ability to read it sometime this century.
Closed Thread