Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-06, 11:42   Link #1
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

Good Anime with lots of fighting that is serious, not dbz,dbz gt, naruto.

Ok so what i am looking for is a goog anime with fighting, it has to be unlicenced, if any of you have any sugestions it would be very helpfull.

Sorry I was not descriptive enough i want more of a serious anime not cartoonie. simalar to the shows on http://www.ninjai.com/

Last edited by chris; 2004-03-12 at 13:45.
Old 2004-03-06, 12:57   Link #2
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Forsaken102 Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken102
Ehh, I can't believe I'm saying this (*Darn you, Fenrihr!*) but One Piece is good, with lots of fighting- although none of the fighting is serious. At least, not blood and guts serious, and the animation style is... unique, And sometimes I really wish I could wipe that goofy grin off of Luffy's face. (*beats head against desk*)

But, it really is a good anime. One of those that just kinda draws you in to it, against your will.
Old 2004-03-06, 13:30   Link #3
Kaizoku Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
Ok so what i am looking for is a goog anime with fighting, it has to be unlicenced, if any of you have any sugestions it would be very helpfull.
E's Otherwise features quite some fighting, the super-powers kind of fighting. You could say it's a kind of Scryed copy, although not as good and with a different approach. It's not the best anime out there, and it isn't even all about fighting, but it is the first thing that came to mind as I'm currently watching it.

Another good anime with a lot of fighting is Hunter X Hunter and its subsequent OVA's.
Old 2004-03-06, 16:56   Link #4
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Kaizoki Luffy mentioned E's Otherwise. I say, Get Backers is even better. I watched both of them and I say that Get Backers has more fighting scences. Because in E's Otherwise, the hero dosn't like to fight, so most of the time you can see him using his shield only.
So I sugest you watching Get Backers before E's Otherwise.
Old 2004-03-06, 17:39   Link #5
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Get Backers and E's Otherwise are both filler-filled anime imo... not to say, that they weren't interesting though... imo, they are both alright anime with shotty endings....

Quote:
Ehh, I can't believe I'm saying this (*Darn you, Fenrihr!*) but One Piece is good, with lots of fighting- although none of the fighting is serious. At least, not blood and guts serious, and the animation style is... unique, And sometimes I really wish I could wipe that goofy grin off of Luffy's face. (*beats head against desk*)

But, it really is a good anime. One of those that just kinda draws you in to it, against your will.
yeah man! One Piece is awesome and there is a good amount of fighting! I also suggest Hunter x Hunter... cuz it's great as well... especially in the later tv episodes and also in the OVAs...
Old 2004-03-06, 17:41   Link #6
jakkz

no one mentioned Naruto ?
Old 2004-03-06, 18:41   Link #7
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Forsaken102 Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken102
Well, yeah... there is that. But I thought that was a bit of a given. That, and as far as fighting goes, there isn't a whole lot of it; unless you count verbal sparring. At least, not alot of fights with real substance. (*shrugs*)

Then again, I may have a strange definition of "Fight".
Old 2004-03-06, 20:20   Link #8
Kaizoku Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX114
Kaizoki Luffy mentioned E's Otherwise. I say, Get Backers is even better. I watched both of them and I say that Get Backers has more fighting scences. Because in E's Otherwise, the hero dosn't like to fight, so most of the time you can see him using his shield only.
So I sugest you watching Get Backers before E's Otherwise.
Ah well, I just assumed the topicstarter'd be better of with anime he can download here, at Animesuki. Getbackers just got licensed by ADV not too long ago.
But yeah, if he doesn't mind putting out the money for it, or just doesn't care if an anime is license, then Getbackers is a good recommendation indeed. Especially the first 26 eps or so.
Old 2004-03-06, 21:07   Link #9
Evan
天使我爱你

sumurai deeper kyo??
Old 2004-03-07, 00:08   Link #10
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
This calls for "Berserk"
Old 2004-03-07, 15:22   Link #11
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

Sorry I was not descriptive enough i want more of a serious anime not cartoonie. simalar to the shows on http://www.ninjai.com/
Old 2004-03-07, 22:38   Link #12
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Ok I'm not going to go through that website to find out what you mean. I was going to suggest Air Master. It has lots of fighting.
Old 2004-03-08, 07:39   Link #13
ichido reichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Ok I'm not going to go through that website to find out what you mean. I was going to suggest Air Master. It has lots of fighting.
A no brainer... dude ya want fight?

GRAPPLER BAKI... go for it..nothing else...
Old 2004-03-08, 10:23   Link #14
Ansible

Have to join in to plug Air Master! Good fights in this one! One of my favorites.
Old 2004-03-09, 12:26   Link #15
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

DRAGONBALL Z The best anime in the whole world and its fighting looooooots of. Why do i sound like fotonios
Old 2004-03-09, 22:01   Link #16
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
From the replies coming after this post of yours, you can see how many people actually bother to read the content of posts instead of blindly responding to the title quoting their own personal favourites.

Perhaps it would be better if you change the title of this thread before you get more mindless calls of DBZ! HxH! FoR! etc etc etc

Ninjai is bloody, not with much fluid action and slightly more on philosophical bent and has mystery in it. Though badly critiqued, Ninja Scroll (licensed) comes close. But for the moment, I cannot think of one confirmed unlicensed such show...
Old 2004-03-12, 13:45   Link #17
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

I will agree with you about ninjai being bloody but the reason behind my serch is so that i can get an idea on the style and fighting so that i can apply this to a flash animation seriese my friend and i are making, If we can ever stick to a topic to do it on...
Old 2004-03-14, 01:25   Link #18
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Ack, someone beat me to Grappler Baki.
Anyways, I second it. Great, fight scenes. Unique characters, some based on real martial artists.
Old 2004-03-14, 01:37   Link #19
Sensei
Call me Milady

Naruto and DragonBall Z !? That's not fighting... thats: I'll end him with my next move (bam bam) oh... so you had a special technique (bla bla bla bla bla bla bla HIT bla bla bla bla) Interesting.. I'll finish this with my next move.... it goes on and on and the scarce fighting scenes are well.. a little like Gif animations...

Don't get me wrong, Naruto is a bit good. DBZ.. anime sucked but the manga was more descriptive and not so damn long ! End of Rant.

You could watch some Episodes from PeaceMaker Kurogane... Episode 22 has Battle Scenes for your Blood needs.
Old 2004-03-14, 10:53   Link #20
Evan
天使我爱你

whatever the anime is,it's still up to the person which fighting anime he likes,bloody or not,right?
Closed Thread