Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-16, 08:48   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm pretty sure Akira is growing a tail. They said the residents of Agano turn into animals at 22 years and 3 months old but they didn't tell us if it happened overnight or if it was gradual.

Akira was great in this episode, really saved their bacon. I was surprised by the reveal the mushroom people actually weren't evil and had chosen to become mushroom of their own accord. That's still no reason to force it on the girls, obviously.
I'm not sure if we can take their words at face value. I'm sure mind controlling mushrooms would convince their victims that they were choosing this of their own free will. The girls with the mushrooms on their heads mostly believed it was fine too.

Some of them may be honest. But I can't imagine all these people were so nihilistic/suicidal that they willingly chose dramatically shortened lifespans.
Old 2024-04-16, 16:32   Link #42
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

At first I wondered if Akira wasn't a boy, but she was just growing a tail.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-16, 17:51   Link #43
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
At first I wondered if Akira wasn't a boy, but she was just growing a tail.
That doesn't mean it's off the table. It's still suspicious she refused to bathe with the others no matter how much they insisted.
Old 2024-04-22, 11:40   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well consider me surprised. I really figured it was a tail. For a while there I was getting worried about what was going on with Akira and the dog .

Honestly it was a lose/lose situation. Akira ignored it for far too long. If she just spoke up immediately they could have gotten that thing off her without any problem. But she hesitated and by the time they took action it was at a dangerous stage. Also shows how hopeless it was for those people they ran into. At that point they were done for. Even if you pulled out the mushrooms there was no saving them.

Already pretty close to that point with Akira. I don't think pulling out the mushrooms was the wrong call, but there simply wasn't a great option. All they can do is hope to get some medical care.

At least once they overcome this whole...attack by the army of tiny humans situation.
Old 2024-04-22, 16:59   Link #45
grecefar

most stations are just weird or just dangerous and it's better to keep going. I was wondering how they were to cover all 30 stations. They passed 6 stations I think in this chapter?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-22, 18:26   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well consider me surprised. I really figured it was a tail. For a while there I was getting worried about what was going on with Akira and the dog .
I totally thought she was turning into a dog. The bump being a mushroom raises even more questions because her case is so different from all the other ones we've seen:

Why did she grow a mushroom so much later than everyone else?
Why did the mushroom grow out of her ass instead of her head?
Why did the mushroom explode after it was yanked out?
Why has her mental state degraded even more after the mushroom was removed? I guess that one can be attributed to her leaving it alone for so long.

At least after this episode, there is one thing I understand better: why Reimi can't stand Akira (but still actually cares about her). Akira has apparently always looked down on her for being dumb and even tricked her into eating paper. She was a real bitch in that flashback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
most stations are just weird or just dangerous and it's better to keep going. I was wondering how they were to cover all 30 stations. They passed 6 stations I think in this chapter?
I was afraid they were going to skip some stations but I like how they're handling it. Such a weird world.
Old 2024-04-22, 19:51   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
I totally thought she was turning into a dog. The bump being a mushroom raises even more questions because her case is so different from all the other ones we've seen:

Why did she grow a mushroom so much later than everyone else?
Why did the mushroom explode after it was yanked out?
Why has her mental state degraded even more after the mushroom was removed? I guess that one can be attributed to her leaving it alone for so long.

At least after this episode, there is one thing I understand better: why Reimi can't stand Akira (but still actually cares about her). Akira has apparently always looked down on her for being dumb and even tricked her into eating paper. She was a real bitch in that flashback.

I was afraid they were going to skip some stations but I like how they're handling it. Such a weird world.
Honestly the flashbacks made me accept that they've always been like this. Akira could be a jerk and frankly so could Reimi. Past and present she's seemed pretty happy to capitalize on Akira's fears. I'd say making someone think they are going to die in a few days is an equally jerk move.

I did think they were having her turn into a dog. It seemed even more a given with how obsessed the dog was in her. But good on it for being very attentive about that mushroom.

Does raise numerous questions. Maybe it was a side effect of eating the food, but not going to the sauna? Would have to ask why everyone didn't grow mushrooms from their rears, but maybe a person can only gain one type at a time? The food thing might explain most differences from how long it took to grow and where.

The rest probably is just related to timing. She had that thing for long enough that the roots grew too deep. Yanking it out was necessary but the explosion likely means it was too mixed up with her bodily functions. Honestly I'm not sure what a good doctor can even do here. This isn't a remotely normal condition.
Old 2024-04-22, 20:41   Link #48
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well got some beautiful scenery and some really weird places but got to hand it off to that night sky

So Akira got a mushroom on her butt and Reimi & Shizuru in that small village but they really go some fire power there

Zenjirou proved useful today
Old 2024-04-23, 02:43   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I thought they were gonna spend 0 episode on her mushroom, but they actually spent the entire next plot on her mushroom!
Also, they purposely talked about mushrooms in her flashback, probably foreshadowing that her dream somehow leaked into the real world

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-23, 04:28   Link #50
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Probably not worth overthinking the workings of a surreal gag comedy, but I did see a plausible enough guess on this: unlike the others whose exposure to the area's water would've been the sauna, Akira's was likely when she used the toilet.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-23, 06:08   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Probably not worth overthinking the workings of a surreal gag comedy, but I did see a plausible enough guess on this: unlike the others whose exposure to the area's water would've been the sauna, Akira's was likely when she used the toilet.
I guess that kinda makes sense
Old 2024-04-23, 08:16   Link #52
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

they passed some really weird stations.

to keep things interesting inside the train..... somebody has to do movie character level of stupidity, which Akira did by keeping her mushroom a secret.

time to find a cure or Akira would remain mentally challenged.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-23, 09:57   Link #53
Dark Wing

The popular theroy going around is that when the girl pushed the button the 7G connected to her mind warped every around her imagination oe subconscious. Given the dialog from the girl's childhood together I'm really starting to believe it.
Old 2024-04-23, 16:08   Link #54
Dr. Casey

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Akira is growing a tail. They said the residents of Agano turn into animals at 22 years and 3 months old but they didn't tell us if it happened overnight or if it was gradual.
I got the impression that it's immediate, so the main cast probably won't have to worry about it for the next five or six years. They transform at 21 years and three months, which might be a reference to the fact that 21 years and three months is where you cross the mark of living for 7777 days (7G).
Old 2024-04-29, 10:45   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

What a surprise the military are full of jerks. I mean what morons go around shooting at girls before even opening up communications? Well I suppose the types that think it's acceptable to murder young girls and put their skeletons on display! I can't even give those guys the excuse that they were being controlled or threatened. You have an army and 2 regular sized people vs one regular sized jerk. Heck, it's stupid that they would obey him anyways. If they can tranquilize regular people...just do that with him. Trained to use weapons, but absolute morons!

Not even sure why they tried to give the idiot behind this place a "tragic" backstory. Oh wow. He was a military otaku that got made fun of. Obviously good reason to take over a town, treat people like trash, and get them to kill people for you! Cut this idiot's head off and put him on display!

Honestly I wish the episode had gone further. All those idiot soldiers deserved to get crushed into human jelly.

At least Akira was fixed. And it didn't come at a high price. Sorry for her desire to keep one copy for preservation, but she'll just have to read that one instead.
Old 2024-04-29, 11:41   Link #56
Gunpla King
Gunpla Builder & Battler

the mini soldiers give me flashbacks to the Stand, Bad Company from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4 Diamond is Unbreakable.
- Gundam Build Fighters Try
- Gundam Build Divers
- Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
- Gundam Build Real
- Gundam Breaker
- Gundam Build Metaverse
Gunpla King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-29, 17:19   Link #57
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

This series is too much fun, I didn't expect to go from Gulliver's Travels to King Kong. Seems some of the 7G transformations are reversible? Lets see where the next stop gets us...
Old 2024-04-29, 18:30   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The entire thing felt stupid to me as well, I can't think of any reason why the military didn't turn on that guy sooner.

Anyway, the additional flashbacks showing what happened after the paper eating incident changed my opinion of Akira. She truly didn't think Reimi was stupid enough to go through with it and gave her a gift as an apology. They bicker all the time but they're great friends who know they can count on each other.
Old 2024-04-29, 20:41   Link #59
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Reimi doing a King Kong reference just because her bracelet broke

Zenjirou proofing useless again
Old 2024-04-30, 00:50   Link #60
BWTraveller
Born to ship

What really scares me is that Akira reads Marquis de Sade. And worse, since the book's clearly the same, she read Justine and thought it was interesting back in early elementary school. We're talking about a book where a twelve-year-old girl travels France on her own trying to uphold her ideals of virtue but keeps getting gang-raped, enslaved, and humiliated in every possible way all the way into her mid-twenties (I read the Wikipedia summary, Sade really earned his immortality in the word "sadism"). Honestly, I can only imagine that the bookstore owner hadn't read or heard of the story when he sold it to a brat, but still for her to like it at such a young age is nothing short of disturbing.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote