AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 12 19.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 32.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 29.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.61%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.61%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-03, 18:49   Link #41
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Heh! Not too bad for a fillerish episode. And lol@ Minko's sunglasses, I'd rather have them on Ohana. And Ohana just listens to Yuina; it has the choreography of a bad wrestling script.

And of course, more of miserable Minko (yay?)with a bunch of idiots chasing her. Good men just don't exist in this anime.

Funny that they brought up "engaged to an inn"; Ohana might just contest this.

There's some interesting development for Yuina and her finance; I get the feeling that Yuina's not really ready for it, and her fiance might not be up to the task of running an inn. But hey, that's life, soo shit's unpredictable.

Ohana would rather not think of the whole Kou think so she drowns herself into the fun and work, though it's only fun here, but she's still obsessive about doing something.

Not bad, 7/10 for an episode that does its job. OP is better, I don't like this ed as much.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-07-03, 18:54   Link #42
Texas84
よろしく

Call me creepy but Ohana was rockin that bikini.

She is still my favorite. Has been from the start. And I guess the inn had plenty of time to plan for this trip and not book too many customers.
Old 2011-07-03, 19:16   Link #43
Lessing-love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas84 View Post
Call me creepy but Ohana was rockin that bikini.

She is still my favorite. Has been from the start. And I guess the inn had plenty of time to plan for this trip and not book too many customers.
Agree. I don't think she would've worn something like that at beginning of the show.
Old 2011-07-03, 20:08   Link #44
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I hate to make Kou the center of the discussion here, but I really think we are all (me included, I guess) letting our personal preferences run away with us. To say Ohana is different at the core than she was at the beginning seems excessive to me. That doesn't happen in six months. She is still the same person, but with a wider field to operate in, more experiences, and more confidence. In episode one, she was already the serious one, contrasted with her irresponsible mother. She would so have worn that bikini at the start. She's a modern city girl with a writer mother. Just with no real understanding of love/sex/relationships.

To say that it would be forced to bring Kou back to her makes no sense to me. He has been present in her mind in almost all episodes, as she came to realize how much she liked him. I'm not saying I can actually think of a natural way to bring him back, however. I'll leave that to the writers and hope for the best -- whatever happens. All options are still on the table. Maybe he comes to work for a summer? Maybe having a boyfriend in Tokyo is a plus for Ohana, letting her fend off local boys? And maybe the relationship evaporates or is replaced. At this point, I have confidence that the writers will give us something emotionally strong, anyway.

My own experiences make me much more optimistic about long-distance romance than most people appear to be. It can work, I guarantee it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2011-07-03, 20:17   Link #45
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I like how the beach episode and hot spring was merged!!! Really funny how I get insight on how Japanese school field trips work from reading and seeing them XD.

Great episode I liked seeing the insight of Yuina's back story a bit. I somehow think that they are going to need Ohana's help that the part timers are gone.

As to Fiance's management, I also disagree with that style. I think he is letting his authority get to his head, rather than thinking about the employee's feelings. Even if they seem like slackers XD
Old 2011-07-03, 20:18   Link #46
Lessing-love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

My own experiences make me much more optimistic about long-distance romance than most people appear to be. It can work, I guarantee it.
I don't think it's all about not thinking long distance romances can work. We don't really see Ohana and Ko making a serious effort to make their relationship work so far. If they did, fewer people would find their relationship insufferably dull. Some of us want more in relationships than cute wistfulness. (which is why I kinda don't ship anything on this show. The friendship and family bonding is done so much better.) I would support this relationship if Ko and Ohana ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING. It's so tiresome to watch them agonize and "HNNNGH" over and over, and their isn't really any real depth or growth.
Old 2011-07-03, 21:44   Link #47
Matilda8

I liked the op is very similar to the first, I loved the scene of Minko with all that stuff it make me lol,

in reference of Ko I felt that now he is more distant from Ohana cause before he was beside her in the same train and now he is outside it, it caught his attention for a moment but he let it pass with indifference while Ohana is inside that train or going after it , I don’t know if this could mean something but for me that makes me think that Ko and Ohana are going in different directions and their interest are opposites.

For a moment I doubt about this because Ko with his cel could mean that he was texting Ohana but I don’t think so because in the first op he also was playing with his phone with Ohana beside him so probably he was just playing or doing something else except txt Ohana.

The episode itself i liked it was fun , i loved the boy that confesed Minko but i fear his role will be insignificant but I have hopes cause he has similar screen time to Ko (ok i exgereted) it takes to much corage to do what he does in front of everyone and it was amusing how he and his friends were making complot before about consfessing Minko second round and she hearing everthing and after when Minko told him Balunt and he said so that means that u are going out with me? and then chasing after her and falling poor guy, but in the good note for him Minko blushed and call him like he call Ohana that means something at least he isn’t indifferent to her I would like to think. I hope Minko could give him a chance he is persistent and is willing to win her heart although he knows she is in love with someone else.

Yuina i think her personality is similar to Ohana´s mom the same with Yosuke and Tohru. Im not to found of her as I was hoping, I like Yosuke he is a hard working person I don’t know why Minko got surpised at how he treated the waitresses since she receive the same trate from Tohru. I don’t like that Yuina drop the bomb at the end it was bad timing I mean is true what she said about the waitresses I don’t mind that but how can she said what she said after in a moment of crisis like that and after his fiancé had been humillated it was the time to show him support and if she was thinking in saying that she could had say it in private or the night before but no, to make things worst she wait to do it in front of everybody she was a little selfish here I think. But we will see how she redeem herself in the next episode.

Last edited by Matilda8; 2011-07-03 at 22:02.
Old 2011-07-03, 22:09   Link #48
Grey

Cool, a look at another inn and some development for Yuina. When I saw it was a beach episode I thought "Filler, what." but it turned out to be more than that. I wonder if Ohana and Nakochi will offer to help as emergency staff if the management doesn't have reliable backup part-timers. Maybe.

Hrum, still looking forward to some 5cm/s scenes with Ko, but no matter how he shows again it will probably be a while, as already predicted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessing-love View Post
I don't think it's all about not thinking long distance romances can work. We don't really see Ohana and Ko making a serious effort to make their relationship work so far. If they did, fewer people would find their relationship insufferably dull. Some of us want more in relationships than cute wistfulness. (which is why I kinda don't ship anything on this show. The friendship and family bonding is done so much better.) I would support this relationship if Ko and Ohana ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING. It's so tiresome to watch them agonize and "HNNNGH" over and over, and their isn't really any real depth or growth.
Hahaha, that's true, Ohana had some complicated thoughts but decided she couldn't go with long distance, and Ko accepted that she wasn't really going for him (though he didn't know much of her reasoning).

I always thought their relationship was pretty sweet though. Then again, I'm the type of person who liked Mashiro and Azuki's relationship in Bakuman.
Old 2011-07-03, 22:29   Link #49
Lessing-love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post

I always thought their relationship was pretty sweet though. Then again, I'm the type of person who liked Mashiro and Azuki's relationship in Bakuman.
But see, Mashiro and Azuki's relationship is actually really different. They actually have very clear sense of commitment/devotion to one another, and actually know what they want in life and in their relationships. They actually both make an effort to make their relationship work and ultimately spend the rest of their lives together. That's why the romance in Bakuman works for me and the romance in Hanasaku Iroha mostly really doesn't. Mashiro and Azuki are an appealing couple to me because they're so obviously incredibly tenacious about each other, and hence whatever problems they may have, their relationship ultimately makes them come off as strong people.
Old 2011-07-03, 22:44   Link #50
deadite

Someone mention that the OP had the feel of Ohana leaving the inn. She's on the train and she is reliving her memories in the inn? Some circumstance that forces her out of the inn even if she doesn't want too?
Old 2011-07-03, 22:46   Link #51
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Grandma's probably gonna go soon... :S

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-07-03, 22:56   Link #52
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Grandma's probably gonna go soon... :S
Just because she visited her husband's grave?

Back to the hotel, the employee's are not the best, breaking so many rules on the jobs, but yelling won't really solve anything though

I am blaming HR who hired the part timers, how did they even pass the interview with those attitudes
Old 2011-07-03, 23:13   Link #53
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessing-love View Post
Good points, lol. I think Kou is making efforts, but Ohana is still confused. Doesn't even know what love is. To me, there's a lot more there than "cute wistfulness," more in the nature of angst and confusion. Therefore not dull. But I get the point.

On the other hand, I might suggest that this episode provided a couple of ways forward regarding Minchi. One, Tooru might see this other guy after her and start to notice her as a woman. Two, she might give in a bit and go out with the guy, leaving Tooru free to go after Ohana. But I didn't see any hint of that in the new OP....
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2011-07-03, 23:23   Link #54
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It felt like a filler type of episode (what did you expect?), but it did start to develop Yuina and will continue on the next episode, so it was okay.
It was also satisfying seeing that cousin of hers get beat up mentally from all sides.
Well, I wouldn't suggest he date a girl like Yuina anyways. You'd have to stalk her to make sure she wasn't cheating.

OP was... that singer again...! As always, the song is okay, but that voice is seriously just... no. Kou-chan appeared in it, so it is almost sure that he will come back eventually, now.
The ED was just bad. The previous one was so good, yet this... I couldn't even tell they were singing in Japanese at times.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-07-03, 23:44   Link #55
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

All this carnage here is really vastly entertaining. Mari Okada is, as she has always been, the Mistress of trolling. She'll tell you what's going to happen when she's damn good and ready, and not a moment before. And she'll misdirect you constantly until that moment. I love it.
Old 2011-07-04, 01:27   Link #56
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Much as I loved the drama of some recent episodes, I have to admit its nice to see the show return to fun mode for a bit. This episode had the sort of charm I watch shows like K-On! for, but with a meatier plot and better rounded characters.

And of course, the conflict between Yuina and her fiancee actually highlights Ohana's struggles. Which really makes me think that Tomoe is going to end up marrying Enishi, this series really has a thing for making subplots relevent to the main plot in some way.

Also, I'm sure at least a few people have noticed this by now, but it finally occurred to me that there's one big difference between this and True Tears aside from True Tears being straight romance and this being coming of age - Hana-Saku Iroha tells the story from a girl's POV (which explains why it kept reminding me a bit of shows like K-On).

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2011-07-04, 02:22   Link #57
night train

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Someone mention that the OP had the feel of Ohana leaving the inn. She's on the train and she is reliving her memories in the inn? Some circumstance that forces her out of the inn even if she doesn't want too?
I feel the same way after looking at the new OP. The train seems like it's heading in opposite direction as shown in ep.1. Also the images of the fading images strongly supports the ideas of Ohana's experience at Kissuiso as she leaves. Ominous feelings about the episodes ahead
Old 2011-07-04, 02:57   Link #58
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yeah! there is still Ko in opening... means that Ko will enter again in the future episodes (maybe around episode 23 or 24)

poor Yosuke... now we have two broken relationship..... too many fast-forward scenes in this episode... quite confused but finally I can see a lot Yuina's scene so I'll give 9/10... xD
Old 2011-07-04, 06:32   Link #59
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Good points, lol. I think Kou is making efforts, but Ohana is still confused. Doesn't even know what love is. To me, there's a lot more there than "cute wistfulness," more in the nature of angst and confusion. Therefore not dull. But I get the point.
Efforts that all met in rather pathetic fizzling failure. If they had ended in dramatic failure he might be somewhere, but the fizzling just doesn't leave much of an impression. And to elaborate on what Lessing-Love has said. While there's plenty of angst and confusion going about, the principle core feeling that Ohana seems to have for Ko is "cute wistfulness". That's the extent of her relationship with Ko at this point.

What are Ohana and Ko like as a couple? Beyond being wistful and cute? We've got no bloody clue. Their interactions haven't been sustained or complex enough for the audience to get any kind of measure of that. If the interactions between Ohana and the other characters on the show were to be likened to fine cooked goods, then Ko/Ohana at this point is just raw undiluted sugar.

I don't think it can really be compared to the relationship that existed in Bakuman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
All this carnage here is really vastly entertaining. Mari Okada is, as she has always been, the Mistress of trolling. She'll tell you what's going to happen when she's damn good and ready, and not a moment before. And she'll misdirect you constantly until that moment. I love it.
There's a difference between trolling and bad writing Romance in a series/book is like baking. You've got to take raw ingredients and make them into something via complex chemical reactions. Right now Ohana/Ko bassically consists of raw sugar. You wouldn't serve that to someone at a restaurant would you?
Old 2011-07-04, 07:05   Link #60
FMeral16

Aside from that one minute where Ohana just HAD to think about Ko and tear up, wasn't this episode much more fun and refreshing? Basically, this show is so much better when there's no mindless relationship drama with Ohana.

The confession to Minko was great, and I'm pretty sure there would be far less Ko haters if he tried like that. Actually I'm pretty sure the existence of that unnamed male character while spawn more Ko haters if anything.

Finally, Yuina gets a little more time in the spotlight, though I'm a bit lost still on her relationship with Yosuke. When they were talking, after he brought up his idea of having an inn with her as the manager, he didn't really seem sure that he loved the profession when Yuina asked if he did. She rejected his plan at the end but maybe he was only doing it to impress her in the first place.

I hope to see more of Nako....
Closed Thread