AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-14, 00:06   Link #821
ReddyRedWolf

Interestingly Einst Regisseur and Einst has fought the Choukijin before. Most of what I've read about the Choukijin's history is about the Choukijin War.

Thus we may have more in store for the OGverse with this revelation.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 03:10   Link #822
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celes View Post
Does anyone know if the BGM that *isn't* theme music will ever be released as an OST?

I don't recall seeing one for Divine Wars and I know theme songs were published in other JAM Projects albums.
There was a release for Divine Wars, 2 discs in fact. 1, 2.

1 carried most of the generic music which wasn't remixed character-specific theme BGM, and 2 carried all the remixed character-specific theme BGM plus a few more pieces of situational BGM.

As for Inspectors, there will be a release of theme BGM (so far they include Fairy-Dancing's (Latooni+Shine's theme) vocal version and various remixes of Steel Beowulf (Kyosuke's personal theme) that weren't taken vanilla off the PS2 OGs OST on March 23.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 06:31   Link #823
YaminoSeigi

I suppose the anime will take the Earth Cradle route first. Wonder if it will be 1 or 2 episodes.
Old 2011-02-14, 23:54   Link #824
Celes
Wanderer and oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
There was a release for Divine Wars, 2 discs in fact. 1, 2.

1 carried most of the generic music which wasn't remixed character-specific theme BGM, and 2 carried all the remixed character-specific theme BGM plus a few more pieces of situational BGM.

As for Inspectors, there will be a release of theme BGM (so far they include Fairy-Dancing's (Latooni+Shine's theme) vocal version and various remixes of Steel Beowulf (Kyosuke's personal theme) that weren't taken vanilla off the PS2 OGs OST on March 23.
Well damn, that's nice to know - Thanks!
Old 2011-02-15, 07:32   Link #825
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

HOLY SHI-- FINALYYYYYYYYY!!!

Spoiler:
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 22:02   Link #826
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

What is going on now I was starting to get it but now im even more lost now then I was then

I think this whole anime is to make people lost watching it
Old 2011-02-15, 22:20   Link #827
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

If you watched the first season, a good portion of this shouldn't be that hard to understand, and the parts you don't understand will probably be explained by the end of the season.
If you played the games, everything should be crystal clear.
If you have done neither of the above, you are bound to be confused, as SRW:OG has a TON of characters and interlinked plot-lines.
Old 2011-02-16, 05:35   Link #828
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
What is going on now I was starting to get it but now im even more lost now then I was then

Which is why the Internet is your friend. Think of SRW OG as a DC-er Marvel Universe. One big crossover event.

For example Masaki and Shu Shirakawa prior to OG1 there is the events of Lord of the Elemental. La Gias is a subterranean world contained deep within the Earth. A vast place, it sports multiple nations and a large populace. Developing independent of the surface world, La Gias is a place where technology and mysticism have combined into a unique whole. It is here that the Masōki and the Masō Kishin machines are created; their armor material (Orichalconium) is unique to La Gias. Interaction between the surface world and La Gias is usually kept to a minimum, but surface humans such as Masaki Andoh, who is summoned to La Gias, as well as La Gias denizens, like Shu Shirakawa, have traveled to the surface on their own.

Choukijin Ryuukoou Denki on the other hand shows the story of the Choukijin in the 19th century. This is the event where Archibald Grimms refer to that his ancestor was kicked out of British nobility. Even then the Choukijin is old and ancient. Koouki and Ryuouki are creations of the Earth's guardian, the planet's very defense system created by a Precursor race. The last episode is the only confirmation that the Choukijin and the Einst has have their battles in the past.

The Einst themselves call themselves Earth's,Land of the Beginning, original watchers. They have taken the role of a extreme peacekeeper in the multiverse. Naturally their methods would come into conflict with the Choukijin's mission.

Gilliam Yeager aka Helios Olympus is a character that has been around jumping from one reality to the next. In Hero Senki his world is inhabited by Ultraman, Kamen Riders and Gundam's mobile suits. He was an amnesiac ally turned last boss villain when he recovered his memories. Much like Kamen Rider Decade he was a leader of a villain super organization. Like Decade he is going for the whole redemption thing passing through universes. The reason Gilliam created System XN was that he wants to return to his home universe. Now he's stuck in the OGverse.

Original Generation is basically one big crossover event of Banpresto originals.
Old 2011-02-17, 08:15   Link #829
animenyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post

Well, SRWOG mix about more than 4 SRW game story...
SRW 3, SRW A, SRW alpha, SRW impact

Thats why we got plenty enemies, each have their own reason and stories

If you dont understand you could always ask though...
animenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 12:28   Link #830
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler for SRW OGIN ep 20:
Old 2011-02-18, 12:42   Link #831
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Sounds like a good episode, I am glad they pushed the big fight to next week tbh, if it was this week too much other stuff would be crammed into the same episode.

Also, I figured that Kyosuke would get the Gespent MK2 Type S till his new toy is done.
Old 2011-02-18, 16:14   Link #832
fukarming

Spoiler for ep 20:

Speculation: when will they show "real man ride each other"? They cannot show it on Wodan, as that would be two against one ganging up - very un-man. Maybe rematch against Vigagi? But if Zengar can take on Vigagi by himself then there is no need to go combination. The only other option left is the final fight against Wendolo, since the Einst boss is marked by rampage ghost.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.

Last edited by fukarming; 2011-02-18 at 18:50.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 16:18   Link #833
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Hard to say, I'd think next episode would be Wodan vs Sanger, but the preview makes it look like they will focus on the Branstein grudge against Archibald.
Old 2011-02-19, 16:48   Link #834
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
If you have done neither of the above, you are bound to be confused, as SRW:OG has a TON of characters and interlinked plot-lines.
I'm one of this people and I'm not very confused. The factions are really clear cut and it just follows from there. The only part that I need to get past in the beginning is that there is a supernatural aspect (I didn't expect that from a super robot show, but the dragon and tiger kings are fucking badass).

I mean as soon as that purple hair guy and Lamia explained who the SMs were, Aerogators, and Inspectors all fall in line pretty easily. The DC and Fed were made pretty clear from the beginning

The individual characters then fall into different groups base on their factions, then you just subdivide by the ship they're coming with. Only the good guys get kinda confused with the ridiculous huge cast: SRX (the two guys + the 2 sisters that can form that gianormous bot), ATX (main couple + Bullet) + Kusuha, and the two air people (Lord + the chick looking robot), the chicks at that institute (brocon + that meteor chick), the two -Lion chicks (Lat and princess), the two "bird" type (Arado and Seolla, whom I predict will turn good at the end), THEN finally you get the uber badasses with Zengar and Elzam.

So despite the ridiculous huge cast and the many factions, it just boils down to Earth with 2 factions, 1 cross dimensional faction, and 2 alien factions (one that is probably explained in the prequel that I didn't watch).

I really like this series. Gotta love great animated action and fanservice. The only part I find weird are the nipples on some of the female robots (like Lamia's first robot for example). I keep expecting oppai missile but none ever happened.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 19:48   Link #835
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Yeah, the redesign of the Angelg was a bit........odd (to put it nicely).

You also forgot the Octo squad (Katina, Russel, Takasu and Leona).

I'd recommend either finding a summary of the first game (play it if you can, it rocks), or watch the Divine Wars anime, which has CG robots (meh), but it has more character focus/introduction (sadly, it still leaves out a lot, since it only follows 1 story path).
Old 2011-02-20, 21:19   Link #836
Dahak86
Classics never age

what in the world...?
Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-21, 09:28   Link #837
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 20:
Old 2011-02-22, 23:48   Link #838
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Eps 20 is superb...
Pattern TBS is animated !!!

And for next eps, i still say it will be good episode.
Since the spotlight will be more on Dygenguard and Aussenseiter. Since we dont see much action in Dygenguard in eps 16.

And of course:
Spoiler for DG:
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 07:35   Link #839
ReddyRedWolf

Watching again episode 19 the Einst are called the Hundred Evils by the Choukijin. The Hundred Evils is a catch all term for threats to Earth.
Old 2011-02-25, 12:06   Link #840
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler for Ep 21:

Tags
mecha, science fiction