AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2007-04-07, 02:29   Link #101
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It seems to me that your whole post only contained two actual questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjester View Post
also, is the series already finished. and subbers just haven't gotten around to it? or is it still airing atm?
It is already finished airing. Now we're just waiting for it to be subbed.

Quote:
i just started looking at the series a day or 2 ago, so i was just wondering this, and also how often are the episodes being subbed? once a week? or is it speraticly as they have that chance?
It is being subbed as fast as the fansubbers work. Sometimes it was as often as once a week, but other times it is MUCH slower than that. Whenever you try to watch a currently subbed show patience is a necessity. Just be glad that anyone is subbing it at all. There are quite a few shows that have never been subbed, so even if this one is slow, that's a lot better than not at all.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 04:10   Link #102
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
mmmm, thank u very much for the info, there was actually 1 more question in there, but u answered the 2 main questions that i needed, as for the patience, there's no need to worry about that...

my questions on the subbing were not due to me being impatient and wanting to see the rest of the anime asap, they were merely to help me decide whether i should continue watching the anime, or hold off and watch something else in the mean time...

now that i know that its slow paced, i have a few other animes that i've been meaning to watch, so i'll watch those instead, and wait ever so patiently for this particular anime to be completely subbed, before i continue it...

it does look good though, especially after watching 3 consecutive dark themed animes in a row... (still actually watching one atm since its not done airing...) so a nice light hearted some what comedy sounds like a good change of pace...

thanks again for the info...
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 11:38   Link #103
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
In the image thread, where do those guys get the pactio cards in psyical form? I know a ugy said he got one off ebay, but as a real card? Another guy said he got it through the mail but how? Is there a mailing form for these? Or are these just images?
sasuke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 15:15   Link #104
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke13 View Post
In the image thread, where do those guys get the pactio cards in psyical form? I know a ugy said he got one off ebay, but as a real card? Another guy said he got it through the mail but how? Is there a mailing form for these? Or are these just images?
Well, you get the actual cards by buying the first printing of pretty much any official Japanese Negima merchandise. For example, the special editions of the Negima!? R2 DVDs, and the first pressing of all the CDs (soundtracks, vocal CDs, OP/EDs, etc.) all have actual cards included. Because they're only included in the first pressing of items, that makes them limited editions; after the first pressing is sold out, then you'd have to look to auctions and elsewhere to try to find the cards you're missing. All in all, the whole thing is designed to encourage people to buy the Japanese merchandise early, and to buy it all ("gotta collect 'em all!" sort of thing). Hope that answers your question...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 07:01   Link #105
Kyuuen

Negi's sister

Q1: Is she his real sister?
Q2: I remember that he legs were turned to stone (by the demon that attacked the village), yet she appears normal when she appears in the present. Was it explained?
Kyuuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 08:13   Link #106
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuuen View Post
Q1: Is she his real sister?
Q2: I remember that he legs were turned to stone (by the demon that attacked the village), yet she appears normal when she appears in the present. Was it explained?
Spoiler for Q1:

Spoiler for Q2:
Old 2007-11-29, 08:36   Link #107
Ryoujin
What?

I was wondering something. Yesterday I finished watching this series, and a couple of days ago I was checking Wikipedia and it says that, even tho the series ended on 2005, they mention a drama (noticed it doesn't say anime as others) series that started on october this year. What would they mean with that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negima!...ster_Negi_Magi

I just found an extra information, but don't really understand what they mean with "live action series"

Quote:
Live action series

A live-action series of Mahō Sensei Negima!, distinguished from the manga, first TV anime (Negima!, having an exclamation mark) and the second TV anime (Negima!?, having the equivalent of an interrobang) by having two exclamation marks joined at the dot (or, Negima!!). [2][3] The cast of all of the 31 girls was released on July 2007[4], while it is announced later that actress Yukina Kashiwa would play Negi,[5] Hiroshi would portray Takamichi T. Takahata, Nao Oikawa as Shizuna Minamoto, and Gajirō Satō as the school dean.[6] It has started in TV Tokyo's late-night timeslot on October 3, 2007 and is slated for 26 episodes.

Like Negima!?, the live-action series has an entirely different storyline from the manga and the first anime series. For instance, Setsuna and Konoka's friendship reaches almost to the point of yuri, Sayo is introduced early, and Ayaka and Asuna's relationship is brought up during a dodgeball match that involves the two against each other instead of the Black Lilies.
Somewhere in the article they also mention a second season? (released on 2006 and ended in 2007?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negima%21%3F
Ryoujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 09:39   Link #108
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Live Action Series are usually sort of Drama, a series originated from another media (usually anime), retold with human actors and such.

as for !?, it is a spin off of Negima!. This "season" is completely "unrelated" to the Xebec one done in 2005. It is rather another "vision" of Negima, with same setup, but completely different execution and plot (though the general and basic plot points are kept, such like Negi being a 10 year old mage and english teacher, etc)
Old 2007-11-29, 17:02   Link #109
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's an established thread about the currently airing live-action series on this subforum right next door to this thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=44214 (Negima Live Action)

You won't necessarily be happy with what you see but it has some MST3000 potential.
Old 2008-02-05, 01:25   Link #110
FatalMemory

Apart from at least one tentacle-esque scene almost being a requirement in such an anime, would there be any reason Fate's "Water Spirits" would have been able to grasp Asuna in this scene ?

Spoiler for scene:

(My apologies if this has been answered before, and also if I should have used another spoiler here)

Could it be because they are manifestations attacking in a physical manner ?

Last edited by FatalMemory; 2008-02-05 at 01:35. Reason: added spoiler
FatalMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 03:14   Link #111
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ correct. The magical part of such spell is to conjure and summon, along with controlling and giving shape to such "spirit" of waters.
The water itself, even conjured, is still physical, hence can "harm" Asuna.

A magical item/summon still affect Asuna on a physical way, though any pure magic attack will be nullified until it is stronger than her spell cancel ability.
Old 2008-04-05, 23:40   Link #112
DreamCatcher16
Graphic Design Student

Negima in general

(hopefully this wasn't asked yet but I really don't want to search through 110 pages of this thread)

I'm currently up to date with the manga series (chapter 206) and I watched the first series a couple years ago.

Basically my question is: There is now a second series, right? so Is this new series called anything different or are they both called negima?!

I heard something about ova's. Is there one out now and more coming? or are none of them out yet?

Also I hear there is now a live action series. Is this called anything different?

Basically all I ever followed was the manga (except I watched the first series on DVD a while back)

I guess what I really need is a mini update if this makes sense ^^; What are all the otherthings I missing is what I'm getting at and what are they called

Any information would be great!
DreamCatcher16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 01:21   Link #113
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher16 View Post
(hopefully this wasn't asked yet but I really don't want to search through 110 pages of this thread)

I'm currently up to date with the manga series (chapter 206) and I watched the first series a couple years ago.

Basically my question is: There is now a second series, right? so Is this new series called anything different or are they both called negima?!

I heard something about ova's. Is there one out now and more coming? or are none of them out yet?

Also I hear there is now a live action series. Is this called anything different?

Basically all I ever followed was the manga (except I watched the first series on DVD a while back)

I guess what I really need is a mini update if this makes sense ^^; What are all the otherthings I missing is what I'm getting at and what are they called

Any information would be great!
The series you are following now is called mahou sensei negima, there is a second series, but it's like an alternative storyline and is called "Negima!?" (note the exclamation and question mark) The manga is called Negima neo.

There is an anime series for both mangas.
Old 2008-04-06, 09:19   Link #114
DreamCatcher16
Graphic Design Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
The series you are following now is called mahou sensei negima, there is a second series, but it's like an alternative storyline and is called "Negima!?" (note the exclamation and question mark) The manga is called Negima neo.

There is an anime series for both mangas.
Thanks, that makes sense ^_^

do you happen to know anything about the ova's ?
Old 2008-04-06, 18:18   Link #115
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher16 View Post
Thanks, that makes sense ^_^

do you happen to know anything about the ova's ?
The OVA are basically just side stories to the main manga, I believe one of them is about Nodoka. You can check them out but to be honest you won't be missing out on anything if you don't.
Old 2008-04-07, 13:14   Link #116
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
The OVA are basically just side stories to the main manga, I believe one of them is about Nodoka. You can check them out but to be honest you won't be missing out on anything if you don't.
Also, let me to add for Dream Catcher's convenience there is a new set of 3 OVAs being made right now at Japan. Those are supposed to adapt a few recent chapters of the manga.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 14:56   Link #117
DreamCatcher16
Graphic Design Student

thanks holyman282 and overmaster, you guys helped alot
Old 2008-05-02, 03:52   Link #118
james0246

I have not seen all of the anime, so I am unsure if my question has potential spoilers:

Spoiler for Possible Manga Spoilers:
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 06:05   Link #119
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
I have not seen all of the anime, so I am unsure if my question has potential spoilers:

Ken hasn't really specified a explanation for the pactio artifacts. So far you can assume that they are wholey original and created based on the personalities of the person.
Old 2008-05-02, 18:11   Link #120
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post