AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-14, 20:21   Link #24421
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
That's true....

Argh, stupid IRC. I can't connect to #outercadia. Anybody know what happened to it?
Err it says you're connected right now... well on my IRC anyway.

Old 2008-05-14, 20:23   Link #24422
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

The window's not showing -_-

Zetsuboushita....

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-14, 22:04   Link #24423
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Will tackle the backlog later. But for now, it's time to introduce the 'Prince'.

~Rebuilt of~
~Grandis Lacetti~

Basic Stats:
Spoiler for Basic Stats:

Profile:
Spoiler for Profile:

Personality:
Spoiler for Personality:

Relationships:
Spoiler for Relationships:

Knight Armor:
Spoiler for Knight Armor:

Device:
Spoiler for Device:

Fighting Style:
Spoiler for Fighting Style:

Rare Skill:
Spoiler for Rare Skill:

SPELL LIST:
Grandis spell list is classified under three categories. They usually depend on the type of Magic Color he is projecting at any given time.

Spoiler for All categories:

Flame/Earth Set:
Spoiler for Flame/Earth Set:

Water/Ice Set:
Spoiler for Ice/Water Set:

Wind/Lightning Set:
Spoiler for Lightning/Wind Set:

Full Drive Exclusive Spells:

Spoiler for Full Drive Spells:

I know, I know. He's seemingly way different from the cocky and confident Grandis that we all knew from the past. But I just had to do this. I felt something missing every time I reread Grandis' old profile. And I found out that 'I wanted to do something very different'. The old Grandis was likeable, sure. But there was a degenerancy with him that bugged me. Like with Aurion, I intend to completely break apart the common character mold and even some of the tropes in order to get a result as uniquely my own as possible! And so, Ohji Grandis came to be. How often does the non-hotblooded cool guy get the main girl? Don't worry, he's just more (MUCH more) refined now. The interactions with Hayate later on will still entail the same roguish flair. And I'd have to apologize in advance if anybody is planning or my have already written anything that involves an "Ore" Grandis. This is how he is now. And I intend to make him as likeable a character as possible! Oh. And making HayateXGrandis a success is a must too. ><

Comments? He's much, MUCH less HAXX now compared to the old version. Though I'm open to some more suggestions. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Added pic.:3

This! IS! GRANDIS!!!!

Sorry, but I had to do this the moment I saw this rebuilt. quite good, especially the multiple element affinities and the future rivalry with Aurion, which somehow rings the bell for Masaki/Shuu scenario

Oh? HayateXGrandis DO WANT NAO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
*Edit: The list of people who will die in Macross OC grows and grows.... even I am not spared...or the wommens....*
What happened here?

Spoiler for teaser for future story:

Okay, I should be able to lay out this story after next week. So yeah, it will involve lots of bullet dodging and fourth wall breaking, not considering the meal that overrides all. *cue Trombe!*

Last edited by USB500; 2008-05-14 at 22:19.
Old 2008-05-15, 04:48   Link #24424
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Magic: The Gathering, a trading card game and one of the original 3 "Nerd Sinks" of money. You either were a hardcore spender on Dungeons and Dragons (i.e. me), Magic, or Warhammer 40k, or casually did two or all 3.
Hmm, I never was much of a Magic player, I'm more of a Yu-Gi-Oh person myself. I loved to make decks that were generally claimed to be 'incompatible' though, like red/blue decks. :3

Quote:
Of the originals, I was always, always, always the Rogue :3

And also, random thing: The following song will be set to the final Episode of Alpha's first half, during the credits...

Spoiler for Meadows of Heaven:
Ooooh, very nice song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Thank you.

Quote:
Spoiler for MSLN Alpha, Episode 4, Scene 1:

This isn't the entire scene; the second half of scene 1 focuses on Hayate and Co.
And the cast gathers, now I'm really getting anxious to see where this leads. Teana had a rough time >_<. The Fate/Erio/Caro moment made me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Quick question, Keroko:

Are you still using Noland as the third Primarch?
With your permission, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
A sword without a guard isn't a very good idea to start with so it's not really and "if" IMO.
-_-; Tk, I am well aware that melee combat in Nanoha falls just as hard as all other ellements of the show if we start ripping it apart with realism, but lets not shall we? I'd like to believe that there is at least one part of the show where fantasy reigns, not reallity.

Quote:
Acutally if you think about most of the Nanoha females having significant chest is a tad odd as intense physical activity tends to result in small breast since in the end they’re basiclly fat sacks. Look at the women in the Olympics for instance most of them are like a C-Cup at most.
One should also note that the chest size of the cast is not nearly as large in the series and manga as it is in the megami art. When on posters, their cup size seems to grow rather dramatically.

Quote:
Speak for yourself I like to win at everything!
Losing opens vaults of dorama. :3

Quote:
Meh if it’s a solid blade and you wear armored gloves you could easily grab the blade and wield it like a staff. Acutally this was extremely common with longsword once armor came about and was the major offensive tactic in fact when fighting in armor it was the primary means of attack. They’d also sometimes flip the sword over and smash the other guy with the pummel like a hammer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halbschwert

Then again sword fighting in many animes tends to be a very silly and unrealistic affair anyway for instance you almost never see the fighters grapple or strike with anything besides there sword in reality basiclly every real sword fighting school in history taught both extensively. It became even more important when fighting in armor since you needed to get a weak points which was rather easier to do against a ground enemy then a standing and moving one.

Of course a sword was never an overly effective weapon anyway the true weapons of war where nearly always polearms of various sorts. Even knights who tend to be iconicly associated the weapon acutally relayed more on lances and the shock of a cavalry charge in battles, and after they used there lance (it often broke on impact) many of them also switched up to polearms as they fought from horse back in the enemies midsts since they needed to be able to strike at opponents that were below them so reach was important. Contrary to what we see in fiction the sword was for the most part a back up and dueling weapon it was never really the main weapon of war.
You have to realize that most of the times people wear swords these days is at LARP's or Fantasy Fairs. Usually people wear less plate-like armor there, its more leather, which -while usable if you have the right type of gloves- is a tad more risky then mail or plate. Most people use either light leather or no gloves at all though, and you'd still have to as the GM's if its all right.

I love having little fights among friends myself, LARP's generally forbid stabbing out of safety, thereby ruining a Lances greatest advantage (you have no idea how hard it is to fight a decent lance fighter >_<) I love lances myself, usually I try to go for a lance-like weapon if only for the range alone.

Quote:
that they do, that they do... Though blue ones look cooler.
Are we still talking about Gundam here?

Quote:
It's hard to write characters that aren't like you, no?
You say that as if all my characters are carbon copies of me.

Quote:
I don't think he's just gonna drop dead from you saying it you're gonna have to make it happen.
Syn: I'd love to, but.... *the camera moves lower to see Syn's arms pinned to her sides by Vivio* It's kinda hard if you can't move.

Quote:
Indeed the most important rule in battle is to always be awesome even when you're getting your ass kicked. Since if you're awesome the ass kicking is less likely to be fatal becasue they'll want to see you again.
Not to mention it makes the battle memoriable, which means you'll be remembered even if its fatal.

... Oh wait.

Quote:
Again not really
Generally speaking, the first rule is 'use the blade' yes, when fighting guys in armor you requires different tactics, but sword fighting is uncomon these days anyway, fighting against guys in armor even more so.

Wielding a sword like a staff is possible, but incredibly clumsy (generally you tend to use the sword's weight as an advantage, grabbing it like a staff ruins this, as well as completely changing your grip). This varies per sword-type too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
And apparently I have amused people with my "Keroko Breaker"
That you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
But another thing is that Alistina and her 21 brothers and sisters only resemble the Primarchs in NAME and FUNCTION; they aren't the walking Termies of h4xx that we know from the 40K universe. They may be S+ mages up to SS-, but 22 such generals in a massive transdimensional army is very reasonable IMO.
Not to mention Belka was know for its 'artificial enhancing' its mages (Relics were openly used to boost mages back then, for example) I'm not placing the creation of Artificial Mages beyond them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
*Does a spit-take*

Funny, as I recall being a main character wasn't anything like an excuse to be "somewhat" haxxed. I'm not certain who this was exactly, but I know one of my character concepts got shot down when Goose replied to my "He's the main character" with "blah blah Chief is only an A-rank, blah blah". Double standard, much?
That's because its only a minor H4XX, with a lot of balancing. He can use only one at the time with a cooldown.

The only thing that concerns me is the fire/earth link. Wind and Lighting are easy links, as is water/ice (which is cannonically supported by Rein's capturing of Lutecia) but earth and fire are so vastly different its like using two ellements at the same time.

Edit: Removed something that was a tad rude. Looks like early mornings got to me too....

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-05-15 at 06:29.
Old 2008-05-15, 05:16   Link #24425
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
-_-; Tk, I am well aware that melee combat in Nanoha falls just as hard as all other ellements of the show if we start ripping it apart with realism, but lets not shall we? I'd like to believe that there is at least one part of the show where fantasy reigns, not reallity.
I don't see many swords without guards... Well anywhere really even most militray morons seem to know that not having something that keeps your hands from slipping up onto the razor sharp blade or enemy swords skidding into them after a parry tends to be a rather important thing to have. I can't really think of a Nanoha sword that lacked one either. Though admittedly we only see like two of them though that itself is something of a nice change the numbers of effective melee weapons other then swords is something I rather like.

Quote:
One should also note that the chest size of the cast is not nearly as large in the series and manga as it is in the megami art. When on posters, their cup size seems to grow rather dramatically.
Well given that it seems to vary inside the damn show from scene to scene at times... expecting consistently across media isn't a very good bet.

Quote:
Losing opens vaults of dorama. :3
Bleh I've had enough of the E variety of that nonsense lately.

Quote:
You have to realize that most of the times people wear swords these days is at LARP's or Fantasy Fairs. Usually people wear less plate-like armor there, its more leather, which -while usable if you have the right type of gloves- is a tad more risky then mail or plate. Most people use either light leather or no gloves at all though, and you'd still have to as the GM's if its all right.

I love having little fights among friends myself, LARP's generally forbid stabbing out of safety, thereby ruining a Lances greatest advantage (you have no idea how hard it is to fight a decent lance fighter >_<) I love lances myself, usually I try to go for a lance-like weapon if only for the range alone.
Indeed; since range is a huge advantage...

*TK RUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS**

Quote:
Are we still talking about Gundam here?
Not really I just like blue stuff anything I get to chose colors on tends to end up with a black and blue paint scheme.

Quote:
You say that as if all my characters are carbon copies of me.
Not really just a comment that it tends to be harder to try and write for characters with mind sets that are significantly different then your own. Like I can do sarcasm fine but I find writing other character types hard at times as I find myself tending to slip back toward sarcasm/cynicism as it’s sort of my default mindset. I’m pretty sure I’ve said before I find Felix rather easy to write for since allot of the time I can just sort of go “What sort of sarcastic and maybe slightly mean thing would I say here…”

Also note the "" wasn't really meant to be taken that seriously.

Quote:
Syn: I'd love to, but.... *the camera moves lower to see Syn's arms pinned to her sides by Vivio* It's kinda hard if you can't move.
I think you could get away if you really tried but you're enjoying the close contact too much to bother.

Quote:
Not to mention it makes the battle memoriable, which means you'll be remembered even if its fatal.

... Oh wait.
I'd rather be alive and forgotten then dead and remembered.

Quote:
Tk, I know you can lecture me on a lot of things, but sword fighting is hardly one of them. Generally speaking, the first rule is 'use the blade' yes, when fighting guys in armor you requires different tactics, but sword fighting is uncomon these days anyway, fighting against guys in armor even more so.

Wielding a sword like a staff is possible, but incredibly clumsy (generally you tend to use the sword's weight as an advantage, grabbing it like a staff ruins this, as well as completely changing your grip). This varies per sword-type too.
Was acutally talking more about the whole “double bladed sword/staff combo” thing in which case it would seem to me that wielding it like a staff would be probably the best way to use such a thing. (though it’s a pretty balls weapon to start with)

Quote:
That's because its only a minor H4XX, with a lot of balancing. He can use only one at the time with a cooldown.

The only thing that concerns me is the fire/earth link. Wind and Lighting are easy links, as is water/ice (which is cannonically supported by Rein's capturing of Lutecia) but earth and fire are so vastly different its like using two ellements at the same time.
I'd agree it seems rather tenuous and would also seem to open up way too much versatility in one "mode" since earth is normally a strong defensive element and fire a strong attacking type.

Old 2008-05-15, 05:36   Link #24426
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I don't see many swords without guards... Well anywhere really even most militray morons seem to know that not having something that keeps your hands from slipping up onto the razor sharp blade or enemy swords skidding into them after a parry tends to be a rather important thing to have.
Actually, handguards serve more to keep your openents blade from sliding past your blade and taking of your hand then to protect you from your own stupidity.

Lost count how many wounds I prevented thanks to the buggers.

Quote:
I can't really think of a Nanoha sword that lacked one either. Though admittedly we only see like two of them though that itself is something of a nice change the numbers of effective melee weapons other then swords is something I rather like.
True.

Quote:
Well given that it seems to vary inside the damn show from scene to scene at times... expecting consistently across media isn't a very good bet.
Nope, not at all.

Quote:
Indeed; since range is a huge advantage...

*TK RUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS**
Its either range, defence or speed in LARP fights. Going with a one-handed sword, some armor and nothing else may look cool, but it'll get you killed pretty fast. Grabbing a shield is a huge advantage, but most people are dual wielding in LARP's, mostly because its easier to get hits if you have two swords instead of one. A long weapon has more reach, but also a longer arc, so you have to fight clever against dual-wielders though if I was allowed to stab those dual wimps I'd make mincemeat out of them.

But in the end, there is nothing more awesome then seeing a Barbarian player with his giant hammer (damn sucker was 2 meters long) waving the thing around. Nobody was crazy enough to get close to that.

Quote:
Not really I just like blue stuff anything I get to chose colors on tends to end up with a black and blue paint scheme.
I have the same thing with red and black.

*glances at Keroko-chan*

But I think that was obvious.

Quote:
Not really just a comment that it tends to be harder to try and write for characters with mind sets that are significantly different then your own. Like I can do sarcasm fine but I find writing other character types hard at times as I find myself tending to slip back toward sarcasm/cynicism as it’s sort of my default mindset. I’m pretty sure I’ve said before I find Felix rather easy to write for since allot of the time I can just sort of go “What sort of sarcastic and maybe slightly mean thing would I say here…”
Hmm, I'm not too troubled by that, but maybe thats because I have years of experience doing that.

Quote:
Also note the "" wasn't really meant to be taken that seriously.
Neither was my ""

Quote:
I think you could get away if you really tried but you're enjoying the close contact too much to bother.
Syn: *bluntly* Yes, yes and yes.
Vivio: Syn!

Quote:
I'd rather be alive and forgotten then dead and remembered.
Touché.

Quote:
Was acutally talking more about the whole “double bladed sword/staff combo” thing in which case it would seem to me that wielding it like a staff would be probably the best way to use such a thing. (though it’s a pretty balls weapon to start with)
It's mostly a flashy show weapon. It does have its advantages, but they're outweighted by its disadvantages to the point where its really just an 'average' weapon at best, and against someone who knows what he's doing it downgrades to 'baaad choice of weaponry'

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-05-15 at 10:44.
Old 2008-05-15, 06:13   Link #24427
Tormenk

Quote:

This isn't the entire scene; the second half of scene 1 focuses on Hayate and Co.
Quite somethings Teana went through after the last 4 years. Fate Erio and Caro was done right there.

And at Acous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
Well, in celebration to OCT's birthday:
Another chapter! sorry it took a while.
Again, thanks to PhoenixG and Aaron008R for beta-reading!

To everyone who read, thanks alot, couldn't be doing this without you guys and gals. I read everyone's comments even though i might not have responded to them, i also tried to make it a bit more clear to avoid needless confusion. But if i didn't succeed in that, then i suppose that confusion is just a part of my personality.

links to chapters 1 and 2.

About formatting: Davrams lines are always preluded by an empty line, and i usually don't have another empty line afterwards. But when i have two people talking and neither TALKS LIKE THIS, i use empty lines to indicate that the person who's talking has changed.

anyway, around 5500 words like the last chapter as well, here it is:
Spoiler:

Comments?
Kind of a fresh feeling while reading this. Quite a nice transition chapter while introducing Mr.Bear for the ride. It'll be interesting where the trio finally end up in the present(?).

..And so this is going to be called The Bear, the Lich and the Tower?

@PF: Great work as always. Looking forward to the next chapter.

@Aaron: The original Grandis was fine by me but then I understand your need to fine-tune the character. Certainly got a better feel of Grandis here but of course it's best done in writing. No real problems on my end.

@Keroko: Just curious but am I mistaken to say you have experience in handling actual weapons like swords?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-05-15, 06:36   Link #24428
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
@Keroko: Just curious but am I mistaken to say you have experience in handling actual weapons like swords?
Swords, bows, spears (school-level spears used during PE. Like those used in olympic games.), javelins, lances, and staffs.

Beyond those six (well, four, technically, since javelins and lances are spear types), of which I have wielded real versions (carefully and casually, we weren't exactly bashing eachothers skulls in with them, merely made some moves and slow motion fighting to get the feel of the weapons) the brunt of my weapon experience is limited to LARP weapons, which are made out of silicon. Of those I have wielded hammers, axes, spears, staffs swords, daggers, shields, bows, lances, spears, javelins and glaives. I've also wielded a scythe (playing a Grim Reaper).

Of course, silicon weapons are a lot lighter then their real variants, but it helps in learning what to do and what not to do with a weapon, especially if you practice on emphasizing realism (in other words, if you have a heavy hammer, pretend its heavy.)

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-05-15 at 13:56.
Old 2008-05-15, 09:06   Link #24429
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
With your permission, yes.
Let it be known that Keroko has my permission! *cue fanfare*

Quote:
Actually, handguards serve more to keep your openents blade from sliding past your blade and taking of your hand then to protect you from your own stupidity.

Lost count how many wounds I prevented thanks to the buggers.
I can agree with that statement. Thank God for gauntlets...

Quote:
Its either range, defence or speed in LARP fights. Going with a one-handed sword, some armor and nothing else may look cool, but it'll get you killed pretty fast. Grabbing a shield is a huge advantage, but most people are dual wielding in LARP's, mostly because its easier to get hits if you have two swords instead of one. A long weapon has more reach, but also a longer arc, so you have to fight clever against dual-wielders though if I was allowed to stab those dual wimps I'd make mincemeat out of them.

But in the end, there is nothing more awesome then seeing a Barbarian player with his giant hammer (damn sucker was 2 meters tall) waving the thing around. Nobody was crazy enough to get close to that.
I can personally attest to the incredible difficulty it is to hit a guy wielding a kite shield against wielding a sword and a mace. I can brute force through a weapon guard -- I can't do the same with a shield. I wish I could use a shield -- that way I don't get my face stabbed in by a pikeman. At least, until I chop his feet off...

I don't have a 2 meter tall hammer, but I do have a 7 lbs (3.2 kg) live steel zweihander :3

A most curious sight to see an Asian man swing that thing around...
Old 2008-05-15, 12:08   Link #24430
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:

Yay! More Alpha and even more reason to add to the list of why Gravemind should die the most painful way possible . Poor Tea...and she can't seem to get rid of the nicknames either

Quote:
Both in AND out of character!
So true

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK3997 View Post
"It's LIGHTISH RED!"
"Yea, there's a name for that: PINK!"

Quote:
Hmm, I never was much of a Magic player, I'm more of a Yu-Gi-Oh person myself. I loved to make decks that were generally claimed to be 'incompatible' though, like red/blue decks. :3
Someone say...YuGiOh?

*RUNS*

Quote:
Thank you.
You are welcome

Quote:
Uh, creative camera angles and a bit of photoshop?
Old 2008-05-15, 15:00   Link #24431
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Got a new concept here that I'd like the resident Belkan nuts to look at, Kha in particular. This is my take on a light/darkness struggle inherent in the Saint Church's backstory.

Spoiler for "Light":

Got a Darkness entry coming up too, just not quite yet.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-16, 02:08   Link #24432
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Just some random siliness tonight.

Something that's been in my head.

I have a sequence where Sektor 21 makes an attack on the Test Facility a few chapters from now... part blitz, part inside job, that essentially catches even this facility with its pants down. Meaning even its fighter squadrons are still on the ground and can't get in the air.

Personelle are cut off and trapped as S21 attackers are transported in and assisted by drones and AMF gens... Fox is trapped in the high security hanger with the MADCAP and her Arwing. (Which she hasn't gotten to fly yet. )

After a few hours stuck in there, she gets tired of doing nothing. EDI gives a full sitrep and they both decide that the best way to secure the facility is to launch a counter attack so the air wing can get off the ground.

But there's baddies still trying (unsucessfully) to get into the high security hanger in the hopes of stealing something.

Unfortunately they didn't count on the sudden blairing of "Institute - Bullet Proof Skin" to cover up the sound of a charging buster device....
http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1776546/

EDIT:

In case the above doesn't click in your head...
Spoiler for Another big explosion...:

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2008-05-16 at 11:43.
Old 2008-05-16, 09:49   Link #24433
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

With no more to say:

Spoiler for City of Demons:

Download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/11532993...emons.rar.html

Note: If it's to dificult to download by Rapidshare, tellme to upload it in other browser

And before you say, yes, this cover isn't exactly my best draw, but I supose it's Okay

Oh, one more thing, I think that if there is a Gramar mistake in this chapter, they will be minimum ... I hope

NOTE: In this number makes his debut the Holy Techno - Union Emperor
Old 2008-05-16, 20:45   Link #24434
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

I'm currently having problems in creating my fanfic. I was wondering if you guys could offer some help/advice.

Anyway, here's the thing...there are knights known as The Seven Arcs...that defected to TSAB...each of those knights have an elemental affinity they specialize into.

1. Arc of Ice
2. Arc of Water
3. Arc of Wind
4. Arc of Earth/Ground (which one sounds better?)
5. Arc of Fire
6. Arc of Lightning
7. Arc of....of....um....yeah, this is the part that i need help with T__T

I need another element...or something...

Last edited by Silvance; 2008-05-16 at 21:00.
Old 2008-05-16, 21:03   Link #24435
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
I'm currently having problems in creating my fanfic. I was wondering if you guys could offer some help/advice.

Anyway, here's the thing...there are knights known as The Seven Arcs...that defected to TSAB...each of those knights have an elemental affinity they specialize into.

1. Arc of Ice
2. Arc of Water
3. Arc of Wind
4. Arc of Earth/Ground (which one sounds better?)
5. Arc of Fire
6. Arc of Lightning
7. Arc of....of....um....yeah, this is the part that i need help with T__T

I need another element...or something...
Time? Metal? Light? Shadow? There's no shortage of elements you could use. :3 If you put me on the spot, I'd probably pick Time or Sound, just because they're offbeat next to your list so far.

Earth I personally think sounds better, BTW
Old 2008-05-16, 21:07   Link #24436
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Time? Metal? Light? Shadow? There's no shortage of elements you could use. :3 If you put me on the spot, I'd probably pick Time or Sound, just because they're offbeat next to your list so far.

...how about Void?
Old 2008-05-16, 21:08   Link #24437
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post

What about Life?
Old 2008-05-16, 21:09   Link #24438
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
You're using classical elements... so you have the crossover elements for Air and Fire (lightning) and Earth and Water (ICE)

So you need at least an element covering one of the other crossovers.

Fire + Earth (described as Dry)

Water + Air ( described as Wet)

Or you can switch your classical element set and use VOID or AETHER or SPIRIT.
Old 2008-05-16, 21:37   Link #24439
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Void?...yes...I like that...sounds lethal...thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it >_<. Anyway, the reason why I'm using classical elements is because I intended to make the Seven Arcs as Knights that can manipulate the nature to their advantage.

I will use the remaining elements that you guys suggested to the former comrades of the Seven Arcs.

The problem with Life and Spirit is that its hard to think of the kind of spells he/she'll have...the ability to heal?...the ability to....cant think of anything. Anyway, at least now I have more elements to assign to other characters. Anyway, I will soon post the rough sketch of the Arc of Ice...its done but not her background. er...am I allowed to post the sketch and post a rebuild later to show more info?

Last edited by Silvance; 2008-05-16 at 21:48.
Old 2008-05-16, 21:47   Link #24440
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Manipulate life energy. That means replenishing it, draining it, creating it, etc. etc. Plenty of lethal uses for that, i think. You could also have the Arc in question reinforce life energy and hence reinforce the body that energy is attached to, making herself stronger/faster/tougher, etc.

And yes Fate, you're allowed to revise your characters after you've made them.

And as you're a newcomer to the OC thread, I'd like to gently point out (because certain others won't do so quite so kindly) that the Void element is an extraordinarily powerful concept and isn't really allowed in the OC thread. Personally, I'd suggest you go with Chinese astrology and create an Arc of Steel.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Closed Thread