AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-09-29, 05:13   Link #61
larethian

Hmm, I thought the sword was a family heirloom. His father told him not to touch it.

Regarding your questions, since most people tend to focus on the exciting parts and action-oriented areas in their reading, and at times speed-read or glimpse over the other parts, I guess nobody is confident enough to answer your questions accurately. Moreover, those areas that you asked about are complex in nature and I doubt few could gain a complete understanding in their first reading. I, for one, as I'm reading the story again, at a slower pace, learn new things which I've missed before because during the first time I read it, I completely don't get anything, but now with some prior knowledge on the future events, it becomes clearer. This is also partially due to the sometimes long sentences when one has to really pay attention to the particles used, and many a times have to infer the topic and subjects which are missing from those sentences. And this is a common problem for non-native Japanese speakers.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 06:42   Link #62
azziz

sorry,i also have the same prob.,sinse i read and online transl.(made in eng. who isn't my native tongue)i know many thing but miss/don't underst. other;i knew for instence the sword is a family heirloom his father prohibited to use but in vol.5 of dai d.prologue a certain priest appered,forced him to kill his mother and thousand(?) other people; so like shion that's his motivation to start a war invade other country-or so it seemed to me.but i didn't understood evthg,part because it's hard to stay focused(as you really need to be when you read an online transl)when it's a gaastark pov(another tragic past,what's wrong with having a happy childhood?).
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 16:24   Link #63
Kunagisa

Hell I might as well give this a try.

Source is from various spoilers in the 2nd part (concerning the basis of the world and everything).

Spoiler for Massive Spoilers:

Feel free to rectify me if any of this is wrong.

There! You spoiler hungry people have something to think about in the mean time =).

I'll try to update other stuff when I have time.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 16:52   Link #64
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Oh, well...

Spoiler for speculation:
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 19:08   Link #65
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for Demon Lord:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2010-09-29 at 19:24.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 21:20   Link #66
larethian

Spoiler for demon:

Spoiler for god's eyes:
Old 2010-09-29, 21:47   Link #67
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for Sum it up:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2010-09-29, 22:42   Link #68
Used Can

The Mad Hero isn't bad... he's just... mad.
The Goddesses... I wouldn't call them evil. They are just what they are. But, all the same, I've had a hard time trying to understand them.

Something I keep on thinking is that Ryner ending up with the Lonely Demon within him wasn't just Lura's doing. Ryner and the Lonely Demon are terribly similar in many regards. Sure, Ryner keeps on clinging to his humanity, even more so when he told the Lonely One he loved all people. But, no matter what, their similarity is just astounding. Sometimes I think Ryner was meant to end up with the Lonely One within him.
Old 2010-09-29, 23:01   Link #69
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Sometimes I think Ryner was meant to end up with the Lonely One within him.
From the spoilers above ...
Spoiler for spoiler:

...and from what you said, perhaps the purpose of the existence of the Lonely One was to become one with Ryner.

Spoiler for question:
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 23:24   Link #70
lightbringer
M9000

The more I read about the background of DYD the less I like this series, lol. Still, thanks a lot for sharing.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 00:44   Link #71
pampz21
ShipCore

well I think its not that the more u read spoilers... the more u don't like the series...its like the more u can't catch up! cuz the spoiler they give is in pieces...well Im not sayin this to offend you but for me more mystery and puzzles...the more I like them...

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2010-09-30, 01:58   Link #72
Manic
real men love pink

i would agree that it seems to have gotten alot more confusing than it needed to be. After these last few spoilers its like the story is in a whirl wind with all this crap flying around. I'd have to see it animated or in manga form to even begin to make sense of all of it.
Old 2010-09-30, 04:14   Link #73
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
i would agree that it seems to have gotten alot more confusing than it needed to be. After these last few spoilers its like the story is in a whirl wind with all this crap flying around. I'd have to see it animated or in manga form to even begin to make sense of all of it.
That's why the prequel was written. I would suggest you stick with the anime for now
Old 2010-09-30, 04:40   Link #74
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
well I think its not that the more u read spoilers... the more u don't like the series...its like the more u can't catch up! cuz the spoiler they give is in pieces...well Im not sayin this to offend you but for me more mystery and puzzles...the more I like them...
It's not that I'm confused or that there is any great mystery. I just feel that the mythology of the DYD world is pretty ridiculous once we get to know it. Of course, just reading the spoilers about it does not give the full picture, so it may be more palatable in the source material (but since it's a light novel after all, I wouldn't hold my breath).
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 10:57   Link #75
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Euhh,

Is anyone here that can tell if there is any difference between the goddesses of fate and the goddess in the North?

Thanks
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 15:07   Link #76
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
It's not that I'm confused or that there is any great mystery. I just feel that the mythology of the DYD world is pretty ridiculous once we get to know it. Of course, just reading the spoilers about it does not give the full picture, so it may be more palatable in the source material (but since it's a light novel after all, I wouldn't hold my breath).
I don't think its mythology is ridiculous. In fact, It has been a while since seem something so "cthulhu myth" alike. And I enjoy this, because, you know, it's always the same "four elements, gods of whatever good and bad ones, olympic-esque, dualism, blabla" story. For once, some alter-dimensional abnormal nonsense powerfull sort of crazy entities without a hierarchy is fine for me.

Just my opinion.

Concerning the Lonely One/Lonely Demon raison d'etre, I like your idea, zodanhko.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 15:36   Link #77
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
That's why the prequel was written. I would suggest you stick with the anime for now
haha i am watching but still doesnt help much with those spoilers. All those different worlds and different beings is a bit ridiculous
Old 2010-09-30, 16:00   Link #78
pampz21
ShipCore

neh~ im just curious about Ryner....and Alpha Stigma bearer....does there trademark black hair and black eyes? and seeing the raw LN....Luna's hair was blond....is the reason behind Ryner's hair being black becuz he inherited the lonely demon so hair became black?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2010-09-30, 17:11   Link #79
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
neh~ im just curious about Ryner....and Alpha Stigma bearer....does there trademark black hair and black eyes? and seeing the raw LN....Luna's hair was blond....is the reason behind Ryner's hair being black becuz he inherited the lonely demon so hair became black?
his mother's hair is black. black is also the more dominant color in terms of gene traits passed on to descendants.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2010-10-01 at 13:20.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 09:29   Link #80
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
haha i am watching but still doesnt help much with those spoilers. All those different worlds and different beings is a bit ridiculous
Even now it's a bit hard to understand, but the more you know about all of these beings, the more things begin to fit, beginning with the legend about the legendary hero killing all those monsters from the past, along with things like the Rule Fragmes, and other things you'll see later.

This is why you're supposed to to have finished Denyuuden before reading Dai Denyuuden, otherwise all this info will seem plainly ridiculous.

Anyway, one thing that is certain is that Voice is very moe.

Tags
fantasy, shounen