AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Negima Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 8 14.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 38.60%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 28.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.51%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-13, 17:04   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Negima Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Negima, Episode 2!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the game or manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, either PM them or use spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-10-13, 21:19   Link #2
HeartNana

I thought it was a good episode. The only thing i really didnt like about it was the way the animation was when Negi was talking to Asuna. The boxes going everywhere kinda gave me a headache. Aside from that, well, its Negima. Its funny cause theyre repeating things again that happened early in the manga or in the other anime like
Spoiler:

People i talk to say they dont like the new series, but aside from the opening song and goofy animation sometimes, i dont have a problem with it. The opening song though, by far the worst opening song for any anime ive ever heard imo.
Old 2006-10-13, 21:33   Link #3
GyroidFanatic

The only question I have was what was up with that Dracula vs. Chupacabra scene.

(And Asuna's "maho(u?)" was funny)
Old 2006-10-13, 23:44   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartNana View Post
The opening song though, by far the worst opening song for any anime ive ever heard imo.
Haha! Heck no! (IMO, of course) I love the OP! The song's very "retro" if you want to use the word and, along with the accompanying animation, is probably one of my favourite parts of the show! It's funny because it's just so over-done and stylishly weird (whoever had the idea of the modern art motif is brilliant), and all the little overly dramatic "lines" and poses (along with song lyrics themselves) are just so "old sentai show" fare (compare and contrast with the "Baka Rangers" song). Plus, it's taking itself "so seriously" (if you're ignoring the whole parody aspect), and then you have things like goofy poses and the random skirt falling down. So the song is very unusual for this day and age (it's not what you'd expect at all), but that whole parody aspect is also what makes it work for me. I guess it's something I can't fully describe... maybe it's kind of like Pani Poni Dash or episode 0 of Haruhi (etc. etc.)... either you "get it" or you don't. Nothing wrong either way, though.

As for the episode itself, as I said in the other thread, I liked it too. (I do agree that the one scene with the boxes was a bit much, though.)
Old 2006-10-14, 15:51   Link #5
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
Opening is quite good. It's not bad at all!!
Old 2006-10-15, 05:56   Link #6
HeartNana

Well, as i said, its only my opinion. The opening animation is wonderful, i have absolutely no problems with it. The numbers next to the girls is really cool.

HOWEVER, i dont like the song. The talking doesnt seem to fit in imo, and when they do get to singing, its not enough of it for me to even decide how good of a song it could be. But yeah, its definitely different, i'll give them that much.

And Asuna's mahou was indeed the funniest. I like the way they made that work out.
Old 2006-10-17, 03:37   Link #7
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
(Mahora needs to start doing release candidates... Looks like they'll be v2'ing ep 2 as well.)

The OP is pretty clever, a bit more lyrics would've been nice.

This series is really moving along quickly. I love this pace!

Last edited by Starks; 2006-10-17 at 04:01.
Old 2006-10-17, 04:03   Link #8
Starks
*Scanlator

So uh... Why does Ku Fei drop her skirt in the OP?
Old 2006-10-17, 04:53   Link #9
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

is it Ku Fei ... noone have said that they was able to read the nr. in front of her and/or showed proff of that it was her
Old 2006-10-17, 05:56   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
I thought it was a good episode. The only thing i really didnt like about it was the way the animation was when Negi was talking to Asuna. The boxes going everywhere kinda gave me a headache.
By contrast I loved that scene. I thought it made a standard "talking head" scene into something dynamic and interesting while brilliantly capturing the confusion in Negi's head.

Quote:
The opening song though, by far the worst opening song for any anime ive ever heard imo.
The award for "worst OP of all time" goes to the unlicensed first season of Lupin III. Honestly this OP isn't even close to that level of badness, but it does rather suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
The only question I have was what was up with that Dracula vs. Chupacabra scene.
That's just because it is funny to see vampires and chupacabras on the screen together. isn't it? Considering that the chupacabra story is bascially an alternate version of the vampire legend it is patently ridiculous to have them fighting.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-17, 07:32   Link #11
Starks
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen View Post
is it Ku Fei ... noone have said that they was able to read the nr. in front of her and/or showed proff of that it was her
Watch the scene before for the number. (She's #12)
Old 2006-10-17, 08:38   Link #12
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
BillyG insists that we stick to the people we already have with the thought that we'll improve. We still had trouble encoding ._. Took BillyG around 50 times to get it to work right :< As for the OP and ED, yeah, bad quality. Our AFX guy wouldn't listen to us when we told him to fix it. But when he offered to fix it, t'was a bit too late. BillyG said that we'll just work what we have for this ep and fix it the next. Granted, everything'll be sorted out next ep.

Like our translator said, not so good quality'll probably last up till ep 3 :< So just bare with us.
Old 2006-10-17, 09:15   Link #13
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

starks ... on the scene before there are 6 persons ... on the scene where one drops the skirt there is only 5 persons ... and even if there were the same number ... who have said that it was the same persons?

well NSW ... i wouldn't call negima's OP bad ... only the most original and unusual ever
Old 2006-10-17, 09:22   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, SHAFT are at it again. Episode 02 looked even more impressive then the first - many of the up-close shots of the characters were just damn right sexy. :3

I just had to show of Nodoka.

On the topic of the OP, well.. its SHAFT all over. Single released mid' November with the first of new design pactio cards, shall have to preorder~

As for the episode, well - at first it seemed like most of it was being rushed, but thankfully that feeling went away, and i could enjoy it for what it is. Negi finding out about Eva's curse early was a good idea, & bringing Takahata more into the story is a good way to go.. Speaking of Eva', they told her backstory with a bits of emotion flying around.. thinking about how her life has been, its pretty upsetting, and i believe that this version is the first to show that of with great intentions. Also, adding Eva's feelings towards Chacha' - you can easily see where they're gonna go with that. :3

Overall i'm loving where this series is going, i just can't wait to see what they'll do after the Eva' arc has ended.
Old 2006-10-17, 11:12   Link #15
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
better than the first ep imo ^_^
start of with the OP...unusual/odd yes...but as always it grow on me and ill actually start liking it in the end
started off well with a little fight between negi and eva...Chachamaru getting wasted in one shot and asuna acting ruder than the original series...its all good
well as expected my eyes have already adjusted to the drawing style of this and now im liking it...still the flash back scene seem a bit out of place in an animation sense but im sure that wont take long to adjust...
yep eva is definatly tsundere

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-17, 11:27   Link #16
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Apparently, new approaches scare some people ... I'm liking the directing, lighting, and camera techniques being utilized here. The OP is unusual ... again something different - I'd rather see some exploration that fails than "the same old stuff".

This may end up being one of the more artistic shows this year.
Old 2006-10-17, 11:46   Link #17
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yep eva is definatly tsundere
Eva' isn't a tsundere, you never see her happy side. She's just always moody~
Old 2006-10-17, 11:52   Link #18
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well could call it either...but she did seem to care about Chachamaru when the girl (cnt remember her name >.<) left the room...hope eva can express herself more after her arc...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-17, 12:02   Link #19
Starks
*Scanlator

Chachamaru's sense of humor is a welcomed upgrade.
Old 2006-10-17, 12:08   Link #20
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I love the direction in this episode, it really is to me the best this year. (I am going to give best cinematography to KyoAni though) This intepretation of Negima is beyond my expectation by far. If this keeps up, Negima will be quite a sensation for this season and might steal some of Kanon's thunder.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Closed Thread