AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-09-28, 15:17   Link #1421
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Out of the 230 posts in the Mania thread, so far all we have is that someone claims to have received a text about it and someone claims to have been in the same room when Matt Greenfield mentioned the license.

But again, this is not real proof. I could log on to Mania and post it was a hoax or I could post that I also was in the room when the announcement was made. It's the internet, messing around like that is standard practice.

Anyway, what in the world are ADV (and Matt Greenfield at that) doing at this rather small Con (SogenCon), why aren't they at New York Anime Festival. Why are they making announcements in rooms that only contain 20 people, and why do 18 of these 20 people apparently not even know what Clannad is.

Let's wait for the official announcement, then rejoice.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 19:06   Link #1422
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Would this count as official?

http://www.activeanime.com/html/content/view/3928/36/
Old 2008-09-30, 20:29   Link #1423
Salamandra

Quote:
Kyoto Animation, the company the behind Air and Kanon, produces the anime.
Yeah, 'cause that's their best known ones...
Old 2008-09-30, 20:36   Link #1424
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
Yeah, 'cause that's their best known ones...
You are perhaps insinuating that they should have referenced "Hurahi"?

Considering Clannad's subject matter, Air and Kanon are more likely to appeal to those who would be interested.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 21:01   Link #1425
typhonsentra

It's so close now!
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 00:29   Link #1426
Ota-kun
v イイエイイエイイエ!!!v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
"Hurahi"?
(off topic)that was funny right there..........
Ota-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 19:46   Link #1427
Evayo
I brings a ruckus.

Not that it really matters to me (I'll buy the DVDs either way) but ADV dubs just don't do it for me. They did alright with Kanon, but Ayu's voice just seemed really off. CLANNAD is a phenomenal show that is completely deserving of an excellent dub, but then again, excellent dubs are pretty hard to come by... I get the feeling that the best dubs are done by Funimation, at least they are vocally. If I had any say in the matter, I would probably give CLANNAD to them.

"Hurahi..." *shudders*

~:Evayo:~

Last edited by Evayo; 2008-10-10 at 11:10.
Evayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 10:16   Link #1428
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

^ Me too, I'll buy the DVDs no matter what but definetly not for the dub.
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 04:32   Link #1429
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/13545.html

Quote:
We’re also working with Sentai on a brand new series, Clannad. It’s a 24 episode teen comedy that did really well for TBS [the Japanese TV network]. North American fans have been waiting a long time for this. Sentai’s got the license, and ADV will bring out the first of six DVDs next April.
Now that's what I consider confirmation!
Old 2008-11-09, 14:27   Link #1430
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
[Snarky]
  • 1-cour: CLANNAD fans commit ritual suicide. Haruhi fans chuckle and rub their hands in glee. FMP! fans cry in some dark forsaken corner.
  • 2-cour: CLANNAD fans grit their teeth and sigh. Haruhi fans grit their teeth and wait impatiently. FMP! fans cry in some dark forsaken corner.
  • 3-cour: CLANNAD fans erupt in joyous rapture. Haruhi fans start mass trolling the CLANNAD forums. FMP! fans cry in some dark forsaken corner.
  • 4-cour: CLANNAD fans start pledging their first-born to KyoAni. Haruhi fans commit ritual suicide. FMP! fans cry some dark forsaken corner.
Munto fans? Munto fans wait for Hell to freeze over.

[/Snarky]

Cheers.
So then. Now that it's been like a year and a half since Skane's prediction, let's take a look at his predictions~

We're going with a 4-cour season in the end. In that case, under this scenario, Clannad fans pledge their first born to KyoAni, Haruhi fans commit ritual suicide, FMP fans cry in some dark forsaken corner, and Munto fans wait for hell to freeze ove.

Correct: Clannad Fans pledge their first born to KyoAni. I know I already have.
FMP fans cry in some dark foresaken corner. Will be at least 9 months until they could possibly see any more.

Incorrect: Haruhi fans commit ritual suicide. Much to my surprise, Haruhi fans have shifted from a "When will this come out! I can't stand it! Die Clannad die!" stance to a "I've waited for 2 years. Another 1 can't hurt" stance.
Munto Fans wait for hell to freeze over. A new season was announced.

Always fun looking at predictions in retrospect. When this was posted, everyone thought Clannad'd be 2 cours, and Haruhi would follow. But that wasn't the case at all~
Old 2008-11-09, 15:30   Link #1431
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Yeah, I remember this one. I pretty much agreed with Skane back in the day. Who would have though that CLANNAD would trail Da Capo as the second longest VN adaptation ever, and that KyoAni had sadistic tendencies, but whatever.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 15:35   Link #1432
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Yeah, I remember this one. I pretty much agreed with Skane back in the day. Who would have though that CLANNAD would trail Da Capo as the second longest VN adaptation ever, and that KyoAni had sadistic tendencies, but whatever.
Da Capo wasn't longer. It was 26 for one game, 26 for another, and 26 (Divided in 2 parts) for the 3rd. 3 games in one world. Just like any Tomoyo After anime wouldn't be counted in Clannad, I don't count DCSS, DCII, or DCIISS as part of DC.
Heck, Higurashi was 8 games put in 50 episodes. XD
Old 2008-11-09, 16:05   Link #1433
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm... well they are in the same continuity though, unlike CLANNAD and Tomoyo After. They don't contradict each other, heck DC and DCSS even uses the exact same cast except for a few extras... but I guess I understand why it'd be highly debatable either way.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 02:32   Link #1434
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
So then. Now that it's been like a year and a half since Skane's prediction, let's take a look at his predictions~

We're going with a 4-cour season in the end. In that case, under this scenario, Clannad fans pledge their first born to KyoAni, Haruhi fans commit ritual suicide, FMP fans cry in some dark forsaken corner, and Munto fans wait for hell to freeze ove.

Correct: Clannad Fans pledge their first born to KyoAni. I know I already have.
FMP fans cry in some dark foresaken corner. Will be at least 9 months until they could possibly see any more.

Incorrect: Haruhi fans commit ritual suicide. Much to my surprise, Haruhi fans have shifted from a "When will this come out! I can't stand it! Die Clannad die!" stance to a "I've waited for 2 years. Another 1 can't hurt" stance.
Munto Fans wait for hell to freeze over. A new season was announced.

Always fun looking at predictions in retrospect. When this was posted, everyone thought Clannad'd be 2 cours, and Haruhi would follow. But that wasn't the case at all~
Well, my take.

-I'm a Haruhi and CLANNAD fan. So, well. I'm interested if Haruhi's 2nd season is like KyoAni's way of making people wait - such that it becomes a REALLY huge hit later on. Or it's going to be their trump card when they have no more ideas. Remember Evangelion? Now there's a totally new remake of the whore series, in the movie form now. Talk about wait - that's about a decade or so.

- If CLANNAD does have a 5th cour (on a alternate world like Tomoyo After - I mean, KimiNozo did it too!) I will faint.

-If the 5th cour has Katsuki Shima as a major player, I'm up for it. How about the famous Sunrise "back from the dead"? (impossible, but just a try)

-Munto is coming. But that's not very good news, huh? I'd rather have (in ascending order)
  1. [6]Lucky Star 2nd season
    [5]Minami-ke Season 4
    [4]Haruhi 2nd Season
    [3]Haruhi the Movie
    [2]Tomoyo After Season
    [1]Misae's Flame Reignited Season (CAT FOR THE WIN!)
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 11:54   Link #1435
DrRad

I have never seen Clannad and I want to learn more other than the opening and ending videos.

Does anyone know where I could download or watch a non-spoiler Clannad trailer?

thanks
DrRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 06:36   Link #1436
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

CLANNAD Preview
Old 2009-03-10, 07:19   Link #1437
Gordy Lechance

With all the sadness in the recent episodes of After Story, here's just a quick light diversion...

Wow, some sick puppy actually went to the effort of baking this

And considering that the following is already available on the shelves in Japan:

Everybody run!!
Old 2009-03-17, 14:32   Link #1438
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

With the series coming to a close I have to admit, CLANNAD is now one of my Top 5 anime without a doubt. When I started watching this series it was out of loyalty to KyoAni for Haruhi and Lucky Star, but wow did I not know what I was in for. This was definitely a worthwhile gamble on my part.

CLANNAD is far from being my #1 series (sorry folks, but it doesn't beat either Mushishi or Fullmetal Alchemist for me) but it's still a great story and I'm now trying to get my wife to re-watch the whole thing with me. We'll be watching episodes 4 & 5 of the first season next. Time will tell, but I think if she likes the whole Fuko arc there might be odds for finishing the whole thing.

As for a post-series wishlist, I have but two things worth mentioning:

1) That the rumors of a Tomoyo After movie are for real. I have to say that in retrospect Tomoyo is my favorite of the girls in the series and her storyline intrigues me greatly.

2) That After Story gets an OVA extra episode like the first season got, only have it cover Kyou/Ryou's route. Dear God please, the world needs more Kyou.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 14:31   Link #1439
Akka

Just because I need to get it out of my chest :

God, the second season was even better than the first one, which was already one of my favourite shows of all time.
Ok, it was less funny than the first one, and so ranked lower on the "pure pleasurable entertainment", but it was much richer in emptions, so I guess it makes it score higher overall.

Anyway I absolutely loved it, and I had to say it.

I'll probably build a shrine to KyoAni somewhere and pray daily over it, because they seriously have godly talent and every single of their show is a resounding success.
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 16:50   Link #1440
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
1) That the rumors of a Tomoyo After movie are for real. I have to say that in retrospect Tomoyo is my favorite of the girls in the series and her storyline intrigues me greatly.

2) That After Story gets an OVA extra episode like the first season got, only have it cover Kyou/Ryou's route. Dear God please, the world needs more Kyou.
I don't want just a movie dedicated to Tomoyo, it will never do her justice. I want a full blown series.

Speaking of which, Clannad might get a JDrama treatment, who knows. It certainly looks like something that could easily be adapted.

As for an OVA dedicated to Kyou, I'd like that, unfortunately, episode 24 will be a summary episode. *Sniff*

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen